Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan (22914 Views)

Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina / PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by abagnalie: 9:45am On Dec 19, 2014
walexzee11:
The Greatest Clueless Man ever liveth....

When they give you contrary advise.... Can't you use your brain?
that is if he has brains
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by semitunde: 9:50am On Dec 19, 2014
oduastates:
This is the definition of Cluelessness.
There are certain intuitive skill that can never be taught in the classroom .
You simply pick them up as you grow up to become a refined and well rounded person.

When you are on top of the issues, advise are never contradictory. They are either right or wrong.

Even though I was hoping that a PhD holder would be a major upgrade over all the lackeys we've had before, I knew just after 2 weeks,that the country was in for another long trip.

...is all I'm saying. cool
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2014
angelsing:
I don't think they presume him to be the best..what is the point of fielding someone u know can't win u an election even if he is the best..They can pick a second best and surround him with the best and they will still achieve same result which is good governance..my opinion though

If they don't presume him to be their best candidate, they could have produced someone and act as you stated.

-it has been stated in certain quarters and even on papers that the general did win the last election.so to me,they assumed for them to hold aso rock in 2015,best to play the card that aced others.my humble opinion,sir

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by angelsing(m): 9:51am On Dec 19, 2014
Purity1:
alright.
But come 2015 GEJ will assume that seat again, if it's not done on a free and fair note, it'll be rigged.
hahahahahah...what will be will be. We still have our judicial system to turn to if it is rigged even though they are not 100percnt reliable, they can still challenge the result..May the best man win
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 19, 2014
....& the world record holder for cluelessness just broke d record again! #vote wisely come 2015!
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2014
Listen to words from saul. voice of nebuchadnezzar action of saul.idiot petrol in internatioal market has lost more than 60% (higi-low) since 2012 that u forced us to obey ur fascism it means by now the consumers in international are now paying less than half of the original price but we the producers are still paying as much as N97 ko ni dafun baba e. The internationals are buying it at less than N97pl but we the owners are buying it at that much. igbo lo makusi. all concened nigerians striked shouted, went on protest,injured, beating,killed yet u increased the price since then crude oil has been falling gradually in international market can u calculate how much u hav overcharged us since then? some countries who produce cars sell to us time 2 of how much they sell to their people maybe because their govt subsidise it to the minimum why cant we also the giant producer of petrol pay less 50% but u &ur cabal forced us into ur evil wish. aja lo ma je oku e. thoso advisers are the ones that will destroy u. BASTARD
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Sprintson(m): 10:08am On Dec 19, 2014
Am not surprised hearing that but in as much as i don't like jonathan's admin' i 'd rather vote him in than vote GMB who ousted democracy in the 80's via millitary coup,threw the igbo VP in2 prison @ kirikiri while the hausa/fulani president was under house arrest..his platform is APC party for mostly infidels tho some astute nigerians hail from thr nonetheless..i would ve considered him but Tinubu has never been a good person &will neva b..

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by myhero4eva: 10:24am On Dec 19, 2014
coolhamid:
Why won't you get contradictory advice when you are surrounded by less intelligent dudes.

Fellow Nigerians, its high time we vote "stealing is not corruption" out of office. Other nations are developing while we are retrogressing as a nation. The likes of Okonjo Iweala keeps telling us we are growing in paper while an average Nigerian doesn't feel the effect of the growth on his or her life. Do you all want us to continue on this same path??

Vote GMB/OSIBANJO

NB:I don't belong to any political party, I just want Nigeria to try another political party and see if we would get it right.
I HATE U BEING IRATIONAL, U R SO MYOPIC, RETROGRESSIVELY TINKIN. WE CNT VOTE PARTY, WE VOTE HUMAN BEINGS WIT HUMANE, NT INHUMAN N CALLOUS PPLE OK!
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by ogunniyi2: 10:28am On Dec 19, 2014
sojjy:
An intelligent HEAD BOY of a secondary school is better than GEJ as Nigeria president. President Jonathan has shown and demostrated to the world how CLUELESS he is when it comes to governing. Nigeria can be great again if we vote wisely comes 2015.
Change is possible
Vote BUHARI for a GREAT Nigeria.
stop blaming GEJ! He is just trying to be a patriotic Nigeria by telling everybody who cares to know that he (GEJ) is not fit to be Nigeria president.Must you abuse him by telling us indirectly that he is not competent ,lack decision making skills.please wise up

2 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 19, 2014
This sums it all up. Even the President have confirmed he has been clueless all along.

What a shame!
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Callfubu(m): 10:36am On Dec 19, 2014
People that think wisdom just comes like that never heard about King Solomon. The wisdom of man is light years away from the foolishness of God. GEJ keeps hanging himself in front of Nigerians in a bid to show he is a good man. MR Presidio, abeg no do again, Nigerians will only keep castigating you. For those that think ruling a country is primary school homework, abeg bring all your result from primary to now, if you are married and have a job, abeg show make we check and critique. If you have 85% we will vote for you as next president
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by profstar(m): 10:37am On Dec 19, 2014
coolhamid:
Why won't you get contradictory advice when you are surrounded by less intelligent dudes.

Fellow Nigerians, its high time we vote "stealing is not corruption" out of office. Other nations are developing while we are retrogressing as a nation. The likes of Okonjo Iweala keeps telling us we are growing in paper while an average Nigerian doesn't feel the effect of the growth on his or her life. Do you all want us to continue on this same path??

Vote GMB/OSIBANJO

NB:I don't belong to any political party, I just want Nigeria to try another political party and see if we would get it right.
I don't belong to any party too bro, but there is a saying that goes thus: "the devil you know is better (and safer) than the angel you don't know." Think on this
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by angelsing(m): 10:38am On Dec 19, 2014
eightsin:
People are fond of always misinterpreting what president GEJ says. That doesn't sound like complain. It's a church program and he is only asking for prayers to always make the right decisions.
Like we misinterpret "stealing is not corruption"..I guess we can safely say he is always confusing us with his statement
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by angelsing(m): 10:40am On Dec 19, 2014
manutdadex:
if u can read and nt add ur own view to wat was actually written u for grow...he is nt sayin its a load but he is remindin d clueless citizens wat he faces everyday! U think say na beans?
To collect 1billion in year for feeding na fufu?
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by otosa(m): 10:40am On Dec 19, 2014
nationwide1:
Only a sincere and honest man can speak like this. May God who gave Solomon the wisdom to rule also give our president the needed wisdom to govern Nigeria.
and give u abilities to sustain the huger. ogbologbo olodo.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by rebranded(m): 10:42am On Dec 19, 2014
Thats the words of someone with no ideology or principle as well as lack of understanding for his position.

An effective President will have set three main checks e.g does this suggestion protect lives and property? does this idea bring about unity or divide.

Mr. President we cant be teaching you how to run your government, maybe its time you take class from APC on how to select best ideas among the lot

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Bakersfield: 10:44am On Dec 19, 2014
oduastates:
This is the definition of Cluelessness.
There are certain intuitive skill that can never be taught in the classroom .
You simply pick them up as you grow up to become a refined and well rounded person.
This particular fisherman is lost at sea.
When you are on top of the issues, advise are never contradictory.
They are either right or wrong.
When those issues are murky or complicated, you methodologically break them into little pieces to understand those problems.
When someone consistently gives the wrong advise, he should be shown the door.
For instance , nobody needs an incompetent iweala to bamboozle them with Neo-liberal economic PR speak to know that a substantial chunk of the country's income and budget should have been going towards increasing and improving power infrastructure.
Also, you should know something Is not right when your so-called minister of the economy is presenting a budget which is built on crude oil selling for $65 a barrel on a day when the price is 60 a barrel in the market. What sort of budgeting is this?
You do not need those advise to know that dangote is making so much money that he does not need a corrupt waiver from iweala.
Only common sense is needed to know that you do not turn your country into a dumping ground for rubbish products from other countries.
With the likes of anenih, omokri , okupe, wike,orurebe, uba, iweala ,bode George, buruji , Marilyn Ogar,Edwin Clarke, abati in his inner circle, what you get is the JAPANjantis of cluelessness in aso Rock.
The first anomaly afflicting this man starts from his bedroom. The groupies who hang around her alone, are enough to crash the presidency of the most competent person on the planet.
I have never voted for anyone in this country but for the first,I am going to do so just to see the back of him and her.
Even though like other,I was hoping l that a PhD holder would be a major upgrade over all the lackeys we've had before, but I knew just after 2 weeks,that the country was in for another long trip.
Guess why?
His wife.( Obasanjo had that spousal problem as well but her negative impact on his presidency were not apparent unless you are sensitive and capable of building the big picture out of little information . But the hanger-on around her dogged his presidency even after she had left the scene.
One word to describe it.
VANITY.
Within 2 week of being elected, patience had already organised an owambe fashion parade at obudu cattle ranch
THEY CALLED IT " A SYMPOSIUM TO EDUCATE OTHER FIRST LADIES ON ETIQUETTE "
Wife of governors, minister etc.
In actual fact, it was simply an egomaniachical ploy to tell them that there is a new unelected Mary antoinette in town.
I was like,mennnnnn.........
A couple of weeks later,I read in the financial times that the excess crude account had been depleted from 22 billion to 2 billion with nothing to show for it.( you can see a few things the states did with the money but you cannot point to anything Jonathan did with the Jonathan did with the FG's $11 billion share.)

Good and intelligent submission. What are the qualities of a good leader.( 1)COMPETENCE (2)CAPACITY and (3)CHARACTER. Nigerians can now evaluate if the current leadership in the country had those attributes.

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by jaybee(f): 10:45am On Dec 19, 2014
emiraty:

If they don't presume him to be their best candidate, they could have produced someone and act as you stated.

-it has been stated in certain quarters and even on papers that the general did win the last election.so to me,they assumed for them to hold aso rock in 2015,best to play the card that aced others.my humble opinion,sir

unfortunately you are wrong here. a candidate is not presented because he/she is the best; but because he/she scored the highest votes at the primary elections. political parties always have credible and quality members to occupy any and all political positions in the land. so don't attempt to misinform our gullible and simple readers here.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by myhero4eva: 10:46am On Dec 19, 2014
I cnt totally dispute or disagree wit wat d president said, bt one tin i kn is dat most of his advicers are selfish and criminalistic. They either advice him 4 their own interest or dat of their frnds/connivances on national issues. But we all v conscience, we kn wat is rit or ethical and wat is wrong or unethical. So he has d rit, power, privilage and d peoples support to stand firm and do d rit tin by taking d rit decisions. Sm1 stole 4rm public coffer and is found guilty, u gave her/him a new portfolio instead of sack and capital purnishment...u stil say u r a crusader against corruptn...u deceive urself nt d people. When u change, ur government wil change.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by eightsin(m): 10:46am On Dec 19, 2014
angelsing:
Like we misinterpret "stealing is not corruption"..I guess we can safely say he is always confusing us with his statement

Does this have a correlation with the stealing saga?
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by angelsing(m): 10:47am On Dec 19, 2014
manutdadex:
dats d problem we av in dis country...we are so uninformed!! He cant dismiss dem jst because they av a diff view of things! Actually Gej is intelligent but d citizens are actually d clueless ones and dem full nairaland!
Did u say we nigerians are the clueless one?..I was not the one who came in defense of MEND after the bombing at the eagle square without any primary investigation only for MEND to claim the bombing. Isn't this an irony to ur comment?..go figure buddy!
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by minister2015: 10:53am On Dec 19, 2014
after being in office for six years u are stil confused on taking decision, u are indeed clueless. all over the world leaders get contradictory advice is left to u, to weigh d pro and con of each. mr cluelessness even if u had been studying mbbs, u should have graduated by now. arrant nonse trying to crave for public sympathy when people are being killed daily.

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by natty2014(m): 10:54am On Dec 19, 2014
.quote author=sunkuns003 post=29007730]President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday said for every issue he had to take a decision on, multiple suggestions that were most times contradictory, were made available to him.

He said it was therefore important for Nigerians to continue to pray to God to give him wisdom to take the right decisions that would not bring suffering to the people.

Jonathan spoke at the 2014 Christmas Carol organised by the Aso Villa Chapel at the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

While saying that nobody placed oneself in a position of authority without the consent of God, he expressed the belief that God, who chose him, would see him through. if the president is complaining to us ,den who do we complain to?

The President said, “We pray that God should give those of us who are in charge the grace to do things with the fear of God. If we begin to do what is right in our own little way, this nation will survive.

“God knows why we are here. Nobody will place himself in any position without God. So God that gives all of us the opportunity will see us through.

“For me your servant today, I will continue to request for your prayers that God should give me the wisdom to do what is right in His sight.

“Because it is quite challenging for a leader. For every subject that you want to take a decision, you will have multiple suggestions, some contradictory, some to the left, some to the right, some to the centre. But you must take a decision.

“It is only God that can guide you to take the rightful decision that will not bring suffering to your people.

“We will try our best and we will continue to do our best. We promise that any opportunity given to us, we will use it to serve mankind.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-get-contradictory-advice-on-national-issues-says-jonathan/[/quote]
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by angelsing(m): 10:56am On Dec 19, 2014
eightsin:

Does this have a correlation with the stealing saga?
yes it does, cos we were told we misinterpreted the president words just like how the other comment said we misinterpreted him on this same issue
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Sweetlemon(f): 11:01am On Dec 19, 2014
nationwide1:
Only a sincere and honest man can speak like this. May God who gave Solomon the wisdom to rule also give our president the needed wisdom to govern Nigeria.

Oh shut the damn f**k up!

Aren't you nit wits tired of all these low IQed, sentimental nonsense?? WTF is wrong with the average Nigerian?
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by KayPumpin1: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2014
All sort of advises will come to play when you have non intelligent people around you. Meanwhile even at that, it is for the head to think through and make a choice from all the advice put across.

No be like this we go dey dey. OUT Mr Clueless.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Yeske2(m): 11:05am On Dec 19, 2014
Dullest and most clueless president the world had ever seen.They give you contradictory views yet you maintain them. Just as someone said earlier, better reform the prisons fast or better still jet out of the country before may 29.Na my only advice be that.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by eightsin(m): 11:05am On Dec 19, 2014
angelsing:
yes it does, cos we were told we misinterpreted the president words just like how the other comment said we misinterpreted him on this same issue

My comment only has to do with this particular issue although you and I know there are other instances of misinterpretation. I'm not saying he is a saint though.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Sweetlemon(f): 11:07am On Dec 19, 2014
edo3:
He is even contradicting himself here again,,,callin himself our servant,,and also a leader..servant my booth lace..Servant wey dey chop wetin some kings neva chop..

My dear! grin grin
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by eightsin(m): 11:08am On Dec 19, 2014
Yeske2:
Dullest and most clueless president the world had ever seen.They give you contradictory views yet you maintain them. Just as someone said earlier, better reform the prisons fast or better still jet out of the country before may 29.Na my only advice be that.

Guy, your friends and family members dey give you the same views when you get issues to sort out? You get different views n pick the one your mind says it's the best!
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by coolhamid(m): 11:08am On Dec 19, 2014
myhero4eva:
I HATE U BEING IRATIONAL, U R SO MYOPIC, RETROGRESSIVELY TINKIN. WE CNT VOTE PARTY, WE VOTE HUMAN BEINGS WIT HUMANE, NT INHUMAN N CALLOUS PPLE OK!
Are you high on Marijuana??
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by coolhamid(m): 11:10am On Dec 19, 2014
profstar:

I don't belong to any party too bro, but there is a saying that goes thus: "the devil you know is better (and safer) than the angel you don't know." Think on this
Dude, let's try the angel we don't know since we have tried the devil we know and no good result

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki Presides Over Plenary Session / APC Crisis: PMB, Osibanjo, Tinubu, Govs Meet Next Week To Determine Oshiomhole F / Yekini Nabena Calls For Saraki’s Expulsion From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.