Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,386 members, 7,958,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:36 AM

Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car - Family (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car (58023 Views)

See What My Dad Bought For #500k Yesterday. / Drama As Man Fights Friend Over Wife In Hotel / Man Fights Over Prostitute In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:

I get what you are trying to say.

Like you said I've cooked for my husband but my mil tossed the food aside to present hers instead. Why wouldn't I be miffed?

Compare it to the subject of this thread. If hubby bought a car for the wife and father in law told her to toss it aside and use his instead because it is better, do you think I would be on the father-in-laws side? Heck no.

So let us examples that apply.

The food tussing is me been overly dramatic and is not really the main issue here because I was not aiming for political correctness in my example. What I am driving out is to prove that the context surrounding a gift goes a long way in deciding how it is to be accepted.

Now based on you reply do you agree to my above assertion. yes or no.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
edwife:

CC you know i have been reading this thread since yesterday,i just didn't want to comment because of the way the thread turns out(punches) from every angles,don't wanna be caught out in it.

This is not about the car causing an issue or not,but the approach needs to be wise.As a father ,if you know that your daughter is in a good marriage and want to help the young couple,all you need to do is to call both kids and present them with the gift.

I have been there before,and mostly i will be the last to learn what my dad sent to us,not because he is my dad,but because he consider both as his children.

For me,when a father notice that his SIL can't afford a second car for his wife,the best thing to do is to call your SIL and chat with him.....Just try to find out if he is in financial trouble or just not ready to cope with the expenses of a second car,by then he could let him know that he wants to buy the car for his daughter,not to ask for his permission but to inform him of his intention.I don't see how any man will refuse such ...

I don't know,but that's how i see it....

I totally agree
I have more blame for the FIL
He is the elder and should be wiser.

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by GANJAFARMER: 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
If everyone in this family uses Ganja there wouldn't be any problem at all.

They would be so spiritual that nothing matters anymore.

I hereby admonish all family section Nairalanders to try doing the peace pipe and be calm over trivial issues.

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by chillis1: 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Driven:
I wont be happy if my husband ran to his mum to get packs of food just cos I couldnt cook for him one day. Moreso, when it wasnt discussed. By the same token, if I were the husband in this case, I'ld get really angry if my wife showed up at the door with this sort of surprise from her father.

It's simple, if you cant give up the goodies you got from your very rich dad, dont get married to someone who cant give them to you! Stay with him till your mum chases you out.

As a dad, if you cant respect your daughter's marriage, or respect the man in your son-in-law, dont give her out in marriage! A diplomatic dad would have called the daughter aside, told her his intention and asked her to confer with her husband first, as he would only go on to get the car if the husband was okay with it. Anything else is total disrespect of the son-in-law/their marriage.

Life is not that hard; it's simple. Cant stop eating from daddy? Dont get married. Cant stop being your daughter's head? Dont give her out in marriage. Simple.

Lastly, here I am shaking my head in total repulsion at posts like those of chillsause and carefreewannabe. May God help any woman who listens to what they/their like say about marriage on this forum.

7 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
Driven:
I wont be happy if my husband ran to his mum to get packs of food just cos I couldnt cook for him one day. Moreso, when it wasnt discussed. By the same token, if I were the husband in this case, I'ld get really angry if my wife showed up at the door with this sort of surprise from her father.

It's simple, if you cant give up the goodies you got from your very rich dad, dont get married to someone who cant give them to you! Stay with him till your mum chases you out.

As a dad, if you cant respect your daughter's marriage, or respect the man in your son-in-law, dont give her out in marriage! A diplomatic dad would have called the daughter aside, told her his intention and asked her to confer with her husband first, as he would only go on to get the car if the husband was okay with it. Anything else is total disrespect of the son-in-law/their marriage.

Life is not that hard; it's simple. Cant stop eating from daddy? Dont get married. Cant stop being your daughter's head? Dont give her out in marriage. Simple.

Lastly, here I am shaking my head in total repulsion at posts like those of chillsause and carefreewannabe. May God help any woman who listens to what they/their like say about marriage on this forum.

edwife:

CC you know i have been reading this thread since yesterday,i just didn't want to comment because of the way the thread turns out(punches) from every angles,don't wanna be caught out in it.
This is not about the car causing an issue or not,but the approach needs to be wise.As a father ,if you know that your daughter is in a good marriage and want to help the young couple,all you need to do is to call both kids and present them with the gift.
I have been there before,and mostly i will be the last to learn what my dad sent to us,not because he is my dad,but because he consider both as his children.
For me,when a father notice that his SIL can't afford a second car for his wife,the best thing to do is to call your SIL and chat with him.....Just try to find out if he is in financial trouble or just not ready to cope with the expenses of a second car,by then he could let him know that he wants to buy the car for his daughter,not to ask for his permission but to inform him of his intention.I don't see how any man will refuse such ...

the sane people have finally arrived.
i cannot believe it took 20 pages for the words of wisdom to start pouring in. i was starting to think i am in the land of philistines.

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by GANJAFARMER: 8:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
GANJAFARMER:
If everyone in this family uses Ganja there wouldn't be any problem at all.

They would be so spiritual that nothing matters anymore.

I hereby admonish all family section Nairalanders to try doing the peace pipe and be calm over trivial issues.
And if you can't smoke Ganja.

Lock yourselves in one room and play this music and find peace within your innermost soul and you can never curse or wish anyone harm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCFB-s2-Pkc
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
chaircover:

I totally agree
I have more blame for the FIL
He is the elder and should be wiser.

i don't think the FIL is educated.
this is why one must screen one's in laws before walking the aisle. all those money-miss-roads who think they can control everyone because of some ill-gotten wealth. May God deliver nigerian marriages.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by bukatyne(f): 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

@ bolded gift na gift.

How would you feel when you have spent your hard earned time preparing a really nice dish for your husband to eat and your mother inlaw arrives from the village one night complaining of the fact that you are feeding his son rubbish, she says look at how lean my son has become since he married you. She now tells you that the dish you just prepared is not good enough for him that you should shove your dish in the dustbin.

She steps in to the kitchen and prepares a dish for your husband and presents it to him as a gift in your presence, and your husband is like mummy thank you very much for this gift. This meal means a lot to me. [/b]

What do you think about this gift. Would you want such a gift.

Do you agree the way and matter a gift is given, goes a long way in deciding how it will be accepted ?

Did the husband in the OP buy a car for his wifey and FIL tossed it out and bought a bigger better car?

6 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
njokusboy:

And the duo are both single... grin grin

Dude, except you don't have a problem with people insulting your entire lineage, you shouldn't mention those names oh...

Liar!
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by chillis1: 8:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
And some fools think its everybody that subscribes to head and neck marriage style.

Abi na pilot and co pilot flying the marriage plane.

@driven, pls maintain your lane. I guess you wOnt pass your opinion without talking trash on others.

If I talk now, moderator from no where go land.

Focus on your pathetic marriage and don't worry about mine. kiss

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by GANJAFARMER: 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
If only the children of men should understand how short and brutal their life is they wouldn't spend a minute pursuing things that doesn't matter.

Chillisauce,sambarry,truckpusher and co stop the war and embrace peace today for the sake of humanity.

Peace is the most priced asset,those that do not value it are trying to lose it ,while those that have lost all their peace are negotiating for it.

Hold your peace and do not let it fly away from you.

The book of Ganja.......Chapter 1 page 39.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by chillis1: 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
GANJAFARMER:
If only the children of men should understand how short and brutal their life is they wouldn't spend a minute pursuing things that doesn't matter.

Chillisauce,sambarry,truckpusher and co stop the war and embrace peace today for the sake of humanity.

Peace is the most priced asset,those that do not value it are trying to lose it ,while those that have lost all their peace are negotiating for it.

Hold your peace and do not let it fly away from you.

The book of Ganja.......Chapter 1 page 39.

MU raised to power 2.

You just registered today to post this trash.

I'm sure you are truckpusher, polimonikering oshes.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
GANJAFARMER:
And if you can't smoke Ganja.

Lock yourselves in one room and play this music and find peace within your innermost soul and you can never curse or wish anyone harm.

ganjafarmer - how much do you sell your ganja?
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by kaboninc(m): 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

the sane people have finally arrived.
i cannot believe it took 20 pages for the words of wisdom to start pouring in. i was starting to think i am in the land of philistines.

Some wise posts have been written but the foolish ones just overshadow them.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by GANJAFARMER: 9:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

ganjafarmer - how much do you sell your ganja?
Naturally we don't sell it in the farm - But if you want to take it home then you'll have to pay five wraps for 100 naira only.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by kaboninc(m): 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
bukatyne:

Did the husband in the OP buy a car for his wifey and FIL tossed it out and bought a bigger better car?

What's your point here?

Are you not tired?

Allow experience to teach you

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
kaboninc:

Some wise posts have been written but the foolish ones just overshadow them.

it's unfortunate there are more foolish comments than the wise ones.....

GANJAFARMER:
Naturally we don't sell it in the farm - But if you want to take it home then you'll have to pay five wraps for 100 naira only.

too cheap to have any quality.
where do you grow them? indoor or outdoor?
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by GANJAFARMER: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
chillis1:

MU raised to power 2.

You just registered today to post this trash.

I'm sure you are truckpusher, polimonikering oshes.

am not trukpusher and my old name was cunteater banned for life for promoting ganja now I'm waiting for the mods to ban this one.

What is oshes?
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by GANJAFARMER: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

it's unfortunate there are more foolish comments than the wise ones.....

too cheap to have any quality.
where do you grow them? indoor or outdoor?
Outdoor mostly. They are quality ,grown in the rural areas.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Liar!

What?
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
GANJAFARMER:
Outdoor mostly. They are quality ,grown in the rural areas.

grown with fertilisers or animal dung?
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by ochon: 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
edwife:

This is not about the car causing an issue or not,but the approach needs to be wise. As a father ,if you know that your daughter is in a good marriage and want to help the young couple,all you need to do is to call both kids and present them with the gift.

I have been there before,and mostly i will be the last to learn what my dad sent to us,not because he is my dad,but because he considers both as his children.

For me,when a father notices that his SIL can't afford a second car for his wife,the best thing to do is to call your SIL and chat with him.....Just try to find out if he is in financial trouble or just not ready to cope with the expenses of a second car,by then he could let him know that he wants to buy the car for his daughter,not to ask for his permission but to inform him of his intention.I don't see how any man will refuse such ...

@ Embolden, God bless you immensely. The "approach" matters a lot. If the FIL goes about the "gift" the wrong way, it can make or mar the marriage. These little things we tend to ignore destroys marriages. That said, no-one truly knows what happened sha.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by chillis1: 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
GANJAFARMER:

am not trukpusher and my old name was cunteater banned for life for promoting ganja now I'm waiting for the mods to ban this one.

What is oshes?

Ok. Oya give me one tree of Ganga.

Oshes is a botanical name for panty sniffers.
I thought you were one.
No vex wink
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
njokusboy:

And the duo are both single... grin grin

Dude, except you don't have a problem with people insulting your entire lineage, you shouldn't mention those names oh...

lol@Dude. I'm female actually.
@insults: I'ld probably sleep off while reading such. Their type bore me with their very predictable, soporific posts. Usually dont read their posts to the end even, cos they're usually void of content.

6 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by GANJAFARMER: 9:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

grown with fertilisers or animal dung?
Animal dung purely.
Naturally the area itself is fertile we only add the animal dung to facilitate growth.

I'll soon open a thread about it and pictures let's not derail this thread.

Somebody already harassing me about using another moniker,my old moniker and ip address was banned for promoting this peace pipe on nairaland.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by bukatyne(f): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
kaboninc:

What's your point here?

Are you not tired?

Allow experience to teach you

Excuse me?

Are you matthew's alternate moniker?

Run along
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 9:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
GANJAFARMER:
Animal dung purely.
Naturally the area itself is fertile we only add the animal dung to facilitate growth.

I'll soon open a thread about it and pictures let's not derail this thread.

Somebody already harassing me about using another moniker,my old moniker and ip address was banned for promoting this peace pipe on nairaland.

don't worry about derailment - the thread got derailed from the first page when the sadducees came out en masse with foam in their mouths.

is ganja legal in nigeria?
do you have to carry a certain weight on you to be legal or any possession of it is illegal?

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by GANJAFARMER: 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
chillis1:

Ok. Oya give me one tree of Ganga.

Oshes is a botanical name for panty sniffers.
I thought you were one.
No vex wink
You're welcome.

we no dey fight for ganja farm.we only smoke our peace pipe and go home in peace.

Take this weed pass and calm down,no more fighting

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
bukatyne:

Just as I responded to coco.

The food tussing is me been overly dramatic and is not really the main issue here because I was not aiming for political correctness in my example. What I am driving out is to prove that the context surrounding a gift goes a long way in deciding how it is to be accepted.

Now do you think my above assertion is right yes or no.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
Driven:

lol@Dude. I'm female actually.
@insults: I'ld probably sleep off while reading such. Their type bore me with their very predictable, soporific posts. Usually dont read their posts to the end even, cos they're usually void of content.

Wow... lovely wink
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by GANJAFARMER: 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

don't worry about derailment - the thread got derailed from the first page when the sadducees came out en masse with foam in their mouths.

is ganja legal in nigeria?
do you have to carry a certain weight on you to be legal or any possession of it is illegal?
I don't want these overzealous mods to hit me again.It is illegal in Nigeria but you and I know that Nigeria's policies on these substances are weak and poorly executed.

Though there are still certain amount that is allowed for recreational use but most Nigerians don't even know their right hence the police will always use them to shine even with one drag of weed.
Though I'll always advice people to avoid being apprehended because the Nigerian police is not sincere ,imagine being caught with just one wrap only for the papers to carry it with pictures of one sack of weed grin....They will then say you have the intentions to distribute.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by bukatyne(f): 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

Just as I responded to coco.

Now do you think my above assertion is right yes or no.

Like Ochon said, nobody knows the context and as such, I did not comment on the OP directly. I agree with you that the context matters.

However saying FIL or MIL has to seek permission from you before giving their daughter a gift is ... (if pre-existing relationships are fine)

Each one to his own. What makes me tick might make you ma.d

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

Kid Looking At His Parents Kissing: Caption This Picture / Benue Cousins Insist On Marrying Each Other Despite Stiff Oppositions / Wife Of One Month Jumps Fence After Her Husband Demanded For Her SIM Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.