Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s (50822 Views)

Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" / The Incumbent President Of Niger Uses Pmb's Photo For Campaign (picture) / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by gratiaeo(m): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
I am a fulanis cattle rearer from Katsina. Me and my 4 wifes I'll vote for GEJ. Buhari is a liar he does not have any cow
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by emiye(m): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
This is fraud. http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/soyinka-s-alleged-swipe-at-buhari/196811/

[size=16pt]i checked the reference, the article was written by By Okey Ikechukwu, Email:okey.ikechukwu@thisdaylive.com[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by semitunde: 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
jamace:
Abeg, is Buhari computer literate? I don't want an old school president who will say, "where is my secretary? Abeg, check my email for me". grin

Jonathan would hold an iPad and will be calling his league of special advisers on which button to press! cool

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Jimmyo3(m): 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
good article, all we needed was a strong,formidable and challenging opposition to put fear in the minds and heart of PDP members so they can sit up and do the right thing. So job well done APC,u've achieved ur Set goals already,dont just think of wining the election because that is almost impossible we dont want Buhari...GEJ TILL 2019 to continue fixing the devastated Nigeria he met.

2 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
chemali:

Your English and spelling is pathetic. My greatest joy will be if you improve it. Idiota
I know it is hurting you badly, just do me a favour, drink acid and die, I will not miss you at all!
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
emiye:
This is fraud. http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/soyinka-s-alleged-swipe-at-buhari/196811/

[size=16pt]i checked the reference, the article was written by By Okey Ikechukwu, Email:okey.ikechukwu@thisdaylive.com[/size]

A complete fraud.

The title of the article: Soyinka's ALLEGED Swipe at Buhari.

The first paragraph:

Prof. Wole Soyinka’s recently advertised opinion on Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential flag bearer, is that Nigerians are best advised to stick with the incumbent President and re-elect him next year. Several interpretations have been given to that intervention, including the claim that it is driven by geo-ethnic sentiments. I disagree. Soyinka has never been afraid of his own voice. He is also not one to either gleefully endorse a person or platform he has reason to suspect of resting on wobbly foundations, or support the dismantling of a structure by persons who have not demonstrated convincing building skills. Let us contextualise Soyinka’s comments against the background of REALPOLITIK and the call for general up-scaling of serious leadership contestestation.

Comments and Questions: a recently advertised opinion should not be difficult to find. Where is a link to this Soyinka's opinion? And if the author of this piece was so sure, why did he employ a title bearing "ALLEGED"? Such an opinion does not exist. What Okey Ikechukwu is doing is appropriating a big man's name to advance his own narrow parochial interests.

Since Nairaland is PDP and PDP is Nairaland, it took a step further and put a categorical certainty on the title. "Stick with the incumbent and Re-elect him in 2015--Prof Wole Soyinka". Even the paid hack did not make such an assertion in his original worthless piece. But here we are, Nairaland is imposing an opinion that is not Soyinka's on him. [b]Where did Soyinka call for re-election of Jonathan? Can Seun provide the source?[/b]This is not propaganda, it's a totally shameful, dishonest endeavor.

We know Nairaland is now worthless and a shadow of it old self, but how low can you guys really go?

6 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by chemali: 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Otenestbestyaho:
I know it is hurting you badly, just do me a favour, drink acid and die, I will not miss you at all!

I don't do favours for fools.

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by bullabong(m): 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Like Obasanjo said,"Soyinka is better off a guinea fowl hunter" I concur. Sai Buhari!
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Descartes: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Maybe goodies have seized from Amaechi and he is looking for another source
I never trust inconsistent people
Like FFK like Wole Soyinka
It's good for a great man to die a great man
Eole Soyinka is diminishing greatly,the more he speaks

My dear, when I said that these people cannot trusted. Only those who don't know the history will not understand the political chess game these chess masters are playing on Buhari and his supporters.

The main actors here are Tinubu, OBJ and Soyinka.; by the time the Northerners will realise what is happening it will be too late.

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Poddy(m): 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Otenestbestyaho:
My greatest happiness in life will be;
1. Buhari was killed in a bomblast in mecca
2. Earthquake wiped the whole of sokoto, kano, bruno,kastina,bauchi,zamfara,all the core norht and 60 million muslims died.
3.The moon fall on the middle east and kill all of them excluding israel.
4.Nations are banning the practice of islam.
5.Pakistan atomic bomb exploded amd kill all of them.
I will be very happy and I will drink bear that daym
tck tck tck.....yue need to see yur doctor for medical check up's

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by SamAfrik(m): 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Why do youths in Nigeria lack comprehension skill? You should all ask for forgiveness. Soyinka never endorsed anybody in the said article. Infact the writer of the article based his writings on the speculations/controversy from recent social media gossips.
The OP also succeeded in misleading a lot of people with that title.

4 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by isaacameh0186(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
Let's be sincere, do Nigerians really need BUHARI?

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by thaoriginator: 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
NDLEA make una come o! Soyinka don smoke igboooo o!

Sai Buhari o!

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by madjune(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
I think what our amiable prof is trying to say is- Buhari will be too honest or straightforward to handle the crooked minds like Tinubu and other APC men.

To some extent, I've always known that Tinubu isn't what you will call a clean poitician.
Though sometimes you will feel sparks of his vision. Give it to him.

My question for the prof is- isn't jonathan an honest man? (At least, as he potrays himself)
Has jonathan curtailed the excesses of money hungry jobbers in his cabinet and in pdp?

Can prof tell us what has been jonathans achievements in 6yrs?

Moreso, Buhari may be weak in some way with some APC merrymen but I know, if you give him 6yrs in governance; what jonathan has achieved will be like fireflies.
Buhari will do a lot for Nigeria within 5yrs.
Whether Tinubu loots billions or not is a an issue in itself but I know, that won't stop buhari from performing.
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by koikoi2(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
I beliv it's now clear dat Buhari and Tinubu are retrogressive.

While Jonathan is focussing on development on every part and sector of d country, Tinubu, APC and Buhari are making d country ungovernable for him.

Who do u think is power drunk?

Soyinka has said it all. Nigerians stick with Jonathan if u want to be a developed country.
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by watchindelta(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
fake country since 0000AD shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
Arrant trash! I 'll gladly vote a stone than that clueless corrupt dude! #nig must be rescued! Buhari all d way!

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by chemali: 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
This is Soyinka on Dec 1
Addressing journalists on the state of the nation at the Freedom Park in Lagos titled King Nebuchadnezzar – The Reign of Impunity, Soyinka chronicled Jonathan’s abuse of power and described him as totally alienated from the reality that has engulfed the nation.

“That a national leader should go campaigning on the platform of ethnic support at a time when priorities dictate a united national engagement for survival, is a grotesque undertaking,” Soyinka said, referring to Jonathan’s visit at the Obafemi Awolowo University last week while Boko Haram is wreaking havoc in northern Nigeria.

Jonathan has continued to degrade the political system by endorsing lawlessness and supporting lawless appointees, not minding the chaos Nigeria is going through, Soyinka said.

“Nothing is more unworthy of leadership than to degrade the system by which one attains fulfilment, and this is what the nation has witnessed time and time again in various parts of the nation, the recent affront against the legislative chamber being only the most blatant and unconscionable,” Soyinka said.

When was this new statement made that we should stick with Jonathan?

4 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
SamAfrik:
Why are youths in Nigeria lack comprehension skill? You should all ask for forgiveness. S[b]oyinka never endorsed anybody in the said article.[/b] Infact the writer of the article based his writings on the speculations/controversy from recent social media gossips.
The OP also succeeded in misleading a lot of people with that title.

Thank you. The OP did it deliberately to support his parochial interests. Soyinka does not have a facebook, instagram and twitter accounts. His mode of communicating with the public has always been through articles, press release and interview.

3 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
chemali:

I don't do favours for fools.
mumu keep quoting, it is high time you left nairaland for your lucrative profession of begging aka almajiri. Warning, nairaland is not for almajiris.

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by waternogeteneny: 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
See APC paid goons failed attempt at damage control. lmao! grin grin
Descartes:

My dear, when I said that these people cannot trusted. Only those who don't know the history will not understand the political chess game these chess masters are playing on Buhari and his supporters.

The main actors here are Tinubu, OBJ and Soyinka.; by the time the Northerners will realise what is happening it will be too late.

Trust them at your own peril

My prediction though is that Tinubu and co will eventually abandon Buhari
The precedent is there ,remember Ribadu
Tinubu dumped him eventually during the elections to liase first with a Buhari and CPC then later to make deals with GEJ
Just a few weeks ago Tinubu had abandoned Buhari that he has previously crowned "president" to sing the praises of Tanbuwal,even telling us Buhari was too old and too extreme to lead only to crawl back after Tambuwal dropped off.
There was a thread that Tinubu was not too happy with a Buhari picking osibanjo for VP
He wanted to be picked,people should watch out.

I said it here

Tinubu and his crowd will betray Buhari in a grander style real soon
Treachery is in his blood

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Descartes: 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Maybe goodies have seized from Amaechi and he is looking for another source
I never trust inconsistent people
Like FFK like Wole Soyinka
It's good for a great man to die a great man
Wole Soyinka is diminishing greatly,the more he speaks.

[size=18pt]When Patience Jonathan was appointed perm sec in Bayelsa,wole Soyinka was the only voice that spoke in favor[/size]
That was when I knew he was beginning to lose it ,then when Chinua Achebe died and Wole threw a hissy fit at the title " father of African literature "that the world called and calls Chinua,I knew he was a jealous and bitter man.
The lowest he went was taking a swipe at the president's wife.A supposedly nobleman who has married about 3 women,obviously cannot do marriage,having the audacity to say unsavory things of a woman in public ,I packed him one side.
I have since stopped listening to him.The man has diminished greatly and has nothing more to offer

He started off a civil right activist and suffered for his outspokenness for justice but he is ending up as a tout and rabble rouser, a troubled maker and an old man who talks without reasoning.
He has become too erratic in behavior for his words to mean anything
Many Nigerians don't take him seriously anymore ,anyway.He can say whatever he likes

Very true, l read his comments and heard he did go for the burial of Achebe;

Do you still remember what happened to Achebe after receiving white RAM from Soyinka on his 60th birthday? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by hensben(m): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
YOUTH!!!..you are listening to a fulfilled old man who has nothing loose if worse turn into worst...okay..continue
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
Pls can someone confirm whether buari has a university degree. It's for survey purpose please.
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by chemali: 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Thank you. The OP did it deliberately to support his parochial interests. Soyinks does not have a facebook, istagram and twitter accounts. His mode of communicating with the public has always be through articles, press release and interview.

Exactly. This will now be the new slogan on the forum. They have succeeded in lying that Babangida said Buhari failed exams. The next one is Soyinka said we should stick with Jonathan. And the way it is preached people believe and fly with it.

2 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by kingthreat(m): 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Then this old man will come and complain about Madam shepoppotamus. Really I don't know where this man stands. He's gone way senile.

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Jimmyo3(m): 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
if APC is not a regional and a religious party,what stoped them from choosing Amaechi or Rochas as the VP....PEOPLE THAT HAVE SPENT A LOT TO MOVE THE PARTY FORWARD...IF APC Want us to believe that they are not into any political and religious bigotry they should have chosen either Amaechi or Rochas...APC an islamic party fooling us with Osibanjo,u've failed already.

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Descartes: 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

You are not very correct though

My prediction is that Tinubu and co will eventually abandon Buhari
The precedent is there about Ribadu
Tonubu dumped him eventually during the elections to liase first with a oBuhari and CPC them later making deals with GEJ
Just a few weeks ago Tonubu had abandoned Buhari to song the praises if Tanbuwal,even telling us Buhari was too old to lead only to crawl back after Tambuwal dropped off.
There was a thread that Tonubu was not too happy with a Buhari picking osibanjo for VP
He wanted to be picked

I said it here

And his crowd will betray Buhari in a grander style real soon
Treachery is in his blood

Yea you have a point.
But then let's get our fingers crossed as the events unfold cool

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
I feel so sorry for Proff.. u still did not distinguish btw integrity and corruption...agreed,there was human right abuse to some extent during buhari regime,but all was in a bid to sanitise Nigeria.You should knw that in trying to bring a change,there could be mistakes committed by some street soldiers on the citizenry...proff u have failed to bring put one single act of stealing or corruption by buhari.Buhari us being castigated for jailing currropt politicians and instilling discipline in Nigerian society.

So are u saying it's better for the present pdp govt to continue in this crisis of corruption and insecurity?

People that once called u roadside proff..

..Prof, what are u saying ? ar u telling us to go ón wit Nebuccadinezza ? Remember u once called Jonathan Nebuccadinezza !!

2 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
Buhari will not win the elections. but if by some freak of nature he does; three months into power he will kick the bucket and the rccg pastor will become president....simple
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by chemali: 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
F22RAPTOR:
but if by some freak of nature he does; three months into power he will kick the bucket and the rccg pastor will become president....simple

We will be better off either ways.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu: The Era Of Deceiving Us With Photographs Has Passed - Sowore / Updated: Explosion Rocks Oworonsoki Lagos, Four Injured (Photo) / Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.