Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s (50831 Views)

Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" / The Incumbent President Of Niger Uses Pmb's Photo For Campaign (picture) / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Pennywise(m): 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
Wole Soyinka is my hero but I have to ask him to soft pedal. He cannot throw Nigeria away to the Dogs for another 4 years just because he wants to be seen as consistent and principled. GEJ's corrupt and ineffective govt has murdered more people and caused by far more deaths than the Buhari military govt can be associated with. The prof in his more sober moments will realize that. Besides there is little ground to compare a military dictatorship of the 80s with today's 'democracy'.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by madjune(m): 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
isaacameh0186:
Let's be sincere, do Nigerians really need BUHARI?

Can you hear yourself talk?
Don't you need a change? Has your lot improved in the past 6yrs? Unless you dey pdp.

Are you okay with the way Nigeria is presently?
Can't you dare a change?
If you're okaay with your life as you are, then go vote jonathan.

N/B- I hope you watched pdp fund raising last nite.
Na your future dem be dey donate in billlions.

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by tonte(m): 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
What does controlling his wife have to do with governance?? Why get personal? And how are you sure he can't control his wife...is a wife to be controlled? Is she a dog? Or an electronic device?

Safari29:
Who will stick with president of bokoharam that can't control his wife.
who will stick with a clueless president that don't have balls to prosecute currupt officials.
He will so lose on earth they will hear in heven

3 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by balladin: 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
This is by far the most comprehensive analysis of the APC situation. Hope the APC folks on nairaland can read without bias.

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
danjumakolo:
I feel so sorry for Proff.. u still did not distinguish btw integrity and corruption...agreed,there was human right abuse to some extent during buhari regime,but all was in a bid to sanitise Nigeria.You should knw that in trying to bring a change,there could be mistakes committed by some street soldiers on the citizenry...proff u have failed to bring put one single act of stealing or corruption by buhari.So u waited till this time,is your candidate Atiku?Buharis is being castigated for jailing currropt politicians and instilling discipline in Nigerian society.

So are u saying it's better for the present pdp govt to continue in this crisis of corruption and insecurity?

..Prof, what are u saying ? ar u telling us to go ón wit Nebuccadinezza ? Remember u once called Jonathan Nebuccadinezza
!!

That tells you he has become erratic in behavior
His words are not worth the paper they were printed on
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
danjumakolo:
I feel so sorry for Proff.. u still did not distinguish btw integrity and corruption...agreed,there was human right abuse to some extent during buhari regime,but all was in a bid to sanitise Nigeria.You should knw that in trying to bring a change,there could be mistakes committed by some street soldiers on the citizenry...proff u have failed to bring put one single act of stealing or corruption by buhari.So u waited till this time,is your candidate Atiku?Buharis is being castigated for jailing currropt politicians and instilling discipline in Nigerian society.

So are u saying it's better for the present pdp govt to continue in this crisis of corruption and insecurity?

..Prof, what are u saying ? ar u telling us to go ón wit Nebuccadinezza ? Remember u once called Jonathan Nebuccadinezza !!

You should feel sorry for yourself who can't spot an obvious lie. The OP had people like you in mind when he put such a worthless piece with a totally disgusting title on the front page. Are they not teaching Logic and Critical Thinking in Nigerian universities again?

4 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by chernest2002: 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
At least this is for those who have ears,this is what i expect from prof and elderly states man like wole Soyinka,electorate the ball is in your court,vote wisely,Apc is like painted sepulchre but inside is full of stinking and rotten bodies.
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by jiddodo: 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
Otenestbestyaho:
My greatest happiness in life will be;
1. Buhari was killed in a bomblast in mecca
2. Earthquake wiped the whole of sokoto, kano, bruno,kastina,bauchi,zamfara,all the core norht and 60 million muslims died.
3.The moon fall on the middle east and kill all of them excluding israel.
4.Nations are banning the practice of islam.
5.Pakistan atomic bomb exploded amd kill all of them.
I will be very happy and I will drink bear that daym

And you and ur entire family wil also fall victims

2 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by F22RAPTOR(m): 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
but this so called saint buhari has not answered for the ptf funds that was stolen under his watch. I think he is a big hypocrite.
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Wole Soyinka here,Wole Soyinka there,Wole Soyinka here nd there.....yorubas and dia big lousy mouth
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by nigerianvenom(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
waternogetemeny:
Who else is capable of delivering the infrastructure renaissances that Nigeria is currenting experiencing. In railway, jona dey, in vital road network, ogas jona dey, in developing the waterways transportation GEJ dey.

New airport nko, jona has do, jona will do and jona has done. GEJ does not carry last o. Even the Noble Oga Soyinka has endorsed him.

Nigerians shine ur eyes o... GEJ till 2019

like indomie,oga jona is simply irresistible.
the man is a born leader
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by F22RAPTOR(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
madjune:
I think what our amiable prof is trying to say is- Buhari will be too honest or straightforward to handle the crooked minds like Tinubu and other APC men.

To some extent, I've always known that Tinubu isn't what you will call a clean poitician.
Though sometimes you will feel sparks of his vision. Give it to him.

My question for the prof is- isn't jonathan an honest man? (At least, as he potrays himself)
Has jonathan curtailed the excesses of money hungry jobbers in his cabinet and in pdp?

Can prof tell us what has been jonathans achievements in 6yrs?

Moreso, Buhari may be weak in some way with some APC merrymen but I know, if you give him 6yrs in governance; what jonathan has achieved will be like fireflies.
Buhari will do a lot for Nigeria within 5yrs.
Whether Tinubu loots billions or not is a an issue in itself but I know, that won't stop buhari from performing.
tinubu isn't what u call a clean politician??....Lol,.. the guy is a bloody thief, a tout and bleeping drug addict. pls say things the way they are.
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Descartes: 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
Soyinka has lost his flavour long time ago, take him seriously at your own peril embarassed
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Dayo2013(m): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
Enough of the miriads of advice n opinions that has not moved us forward, besides it is pretty obvious where the Prof. allegiance lies. Pretty soon now, he'll be the one reading meaningless hog-wash on TVs about the same Government!
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by kay1one(m): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
Buhari is too ugly to be elected! Something very horrible lurks beneath that man! Even if it is vengeance!

2 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by segnys007(m): 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
So I suppose Buhari has all them faults and Jona is a saint, right? If after six years of being the president, this dude comes up with things like, he gets contradictory advice from people HE appointed! I would take my chances with another guy, i don't care if Albert Einstein days otherwise. Fool me once, with I had no shoes, ain't happening this time.

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by bsjay(m): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
I personally respect Gen. Buhari and at the same time agree with the Prof. Governance in Nigeria requires more than personal honesty and goodness. The APC made that greatest mistake of still coming up with Buhari in place of a brave and civilised young man with vibrant mind. I am from the South South and really was in support of the CHANGE until I realised they were coming up with Buhari. This alone marks the failure in their pursuit and quest.
GEJ has to be re-elected against all odds!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by jojotemitopaz(m): 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
Most of tbe coments here shows that alot of you didnt read the whole write up but only commenting based on d heading.... read and coment based on the write up..ud all sound more intelligent

3 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by BobJames1(f): 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
I don't think Soyinka knows what he is saying. Buhari all the way!
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by vigasimple(m): 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
If whoever the messenger maybe, what about the message.

Bhuari is not the change this country is looking for at this point in our country history.

Sai Bhuari is pass his sell by date at 72 years old, he cannot provide energetic leadership we need and I doubt even if he can see the world in a modern view. He certainly cannot stabilize 'world oil prices'

APC as a party is built on the premises of grabbing power back to the North. Period. It is not a true opposition as alternative government in waiting. They are just an hybrid of PDP and anything goes.

Infact, it is all about Bhuari and Tinubu personal ambitions otherwise the likes of democratically tested candidates like Fashola, Oshiomole, Okorocha and kwankwanso will be APC candidate by now.

Also, power rotation should be put into our constitution because we are just bunch of Tribal and religious nation and don't have plan for the country as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Calculia: 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ribadu reject Buhari

FFK reject Buhari

Soyinka reject Buhari.

Buhari reject Tinubu as VP becos it does not fit his witch hunting agenda......Tinubu never respond. T.B.C
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by bokohalal(m): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
ALLEGED

1 Like

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by nijanigga: 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
who cares what soyinka says.he cant even win senatorial seat.gej is heading back to the creek.
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by waternogeteneny: 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
Calculia:
Ribadu reject Buhari

FFK reject Buhari

Soyinka reject Buhari.

Buhari reject Tinubu as VP becos it does not fit his witch hunting agenda...Tinubu never respond. T.B.C
lmao!
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by tolustx(m): 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Wait o. Shey no be dis same Soyinka say GEJ na lyk king Nebucchanezar? Me no understand o.
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by sparkleRed(f): 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
tonychristopher:
I thought that wole was against Jonathan. Must he talk with both sides of mouth

Wole don't be woeful
He's against Jona clueless quite Alrite buh wen faced wit 2 evils u pick d lesser one dat is wat he has done, my thought is Buhari can't cope in a democratic govt, Nigerians talk re use 2 democracy, as 4 me am nt even voting anybody wey lyk make I'm win,buh Jona has d upper hand tho..thanks 4 readin

2 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by lyricalz: 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
An opposition will always be an opposition, APC a combination of frustrated and agitated thieves from PDP and political fanatics from the north. Have said before, PDP is now clean and hv seated tight bcuz d thieves have all decamped.

3 Likes

Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Omadachi(m): 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
That is Soyinka personal opinion.Just one person out of 120m nigerians.As for me,GMB is the right man.GEJ has nothing more to offer.
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by thewarrior72: 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
sukkot:
bros this your shelling go take down shekau. we need you in the army
Shut up, dimwit like u have the gut to point out my typographical error?......irony undecided
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by Calculia: 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
lyricalz:
An opposition will always be an opposition, APC a combination of frustrated and agitated thieves from PDP and political fanatics from the north. Have said before, PDP is now clean and hv seated tight bcuz d thieves have all decamped.

I like the way u write.
Re: Stick With The Incumbent President And Re-elect Him In 2015 Prof Wole Soyinka’s by cosajadi: 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
B69U:

dont derail the discussion.

Soyika opinion is wat brought GEJ to power in 2011, the mans words carry power.

Really? But anytime the same Wole Soyinka speaks again GEJ, you start abusing him. Hypocrite!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ISWAP Confirms Shekau’s Death, Says Its Fighters Were Following ISIS Orders / 2023: Who Is Buhari's Anointed? - The Cable / Presidential Guards Attack Bandits' Camps Terrorising Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.