Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,601 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? (37666 Views)

Moderators: Pls Allow This Rebuttal To 'how Stable Was The Naira Under Buhari' / How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari Part 2? / Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nicklee(m): 12:41am On Dec 22, 2014
erico2k2:

Bro dnt waste ur time with brains for bins,he just copied and paste all that C*rap without duly digesting its contents to observe it bears no meaning in real term to what we are all debating on here.trash Indeed.

You really think everyone is as lazy as your bunch who look for where to copy and paste. Pathetic. Go and run your analysis, then come and talk to me.
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 22, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

May all those above you be in the spirit of OBJ and relate with you the way OBJ govern Nigeria

Say amen if you believe in what you wrote
May your life be like Nigeria's economy under Gej. Say amen

1 Like

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:33am On Dec 22, 2014
Legacy44:

Just so u knw...Buhari will never win 2015 election.
go lick a bag of salt! tonguetongue
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by dondo83(m): 1:37am On Dec 22, 2014
theshadyexpress:
supporters of APC have avoided this thread I'm expecting them to open another counter thread rather defend their illiterate leader that want to stabilze oil prices when he cannot stabilize ordinary currency that is within his authorty

GEJ till buhari admits he is a failure

When people like you talk, it proves my saying that been brilliant isn't enough to assume the person is also intelligent. From your statement you are learned but far from been intelligent.

All that was asked of GEJ is to reduce reckless spending and invest in other sectors of our economy. Now let me give you facts on why the 'illiterate' leader is better than otuoke drunk

1. IMF asked buhari to devalue naira which he rejected .He went on to close our borders and we reduced importation , rather than export our oil he BUILT the 3 refineries so as to produce our oil products by ourselves. Rather than spend our naira by importing which would have affected the exchange rate, we began trade by batter .

2. On the otuoke man, we cannot manage the refineries well so we are still importing our oil products, He devalued naira and the next week decided that the government should go ahead and buy 9.2billion naira worth of stoves from south Africa. A secondary school student will understand that spending such amount of money outside nigeria is not of any help to our economy rather its a boost to the south African goverment . The money will create more jobs for the "stove factory" in South Africa which will mean more tax returns for their government . Ministries have not been able to pay staffs fully since October which has NEVER happened in Nigeria . I can go on and on and on why GEJ should never rule a local government again (country is to big an assignment for him) .

If u can be stupid enough and sell your vote for another 4years of hardship because of sentiments then the choice is yours

The time is now
AnybodybutGEJ
SAI GMB

2 Likes

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by austinvsb1(m): 2:38am On Dec 22, 2014
datolee:

No it was not... 0.894 officially, but if you take your dollar to the bank for exchange, you will be given N1.7.. you want to know why? Because of mulitple exchange rate. 0.894 was fixed by the government for the importation of essential goods not the true exchange rate of the currency!!.. Read about multiple exhange rate. Even Buhari himself stated in his interview that it was between 1.2 to 1.5 to a dollar by the time he left office

Dude.... So you stated the official rate when buhari resumed office for your calculations and deliberately ignored that official rate after his tenure! How sensible is your data now? The bank rates when buhari took over was btwn 1.0 - 1.25naira, it was almst same before babaginda! Do ur findings before creating threads.. Really wished i came accross this topic earlier.

Go to the streets and ask the everday voters, everyone wants the general now! Its not everybody that gets your N200 per post uno.
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by austinvsb1(m): 2:39am On Dec 22, 2014
datolee:

No it was not... 0.894 officially, but if you take your dollar to the bank for exchange, you will be given N1.7.. you want to know why? Because of mulitple exchange rate. 0.894 was fixed by the government for the importation of essential goods not the true exchange rate of the currency!!.. Read about multiple exhange rate. Even Buhari himself stated in his interview that it was between 1.2 to 1.5 to a dollar by the time he left office

Dude.... So you stated the official rate when buhari resumed office for your calculations and conveniently ignored that official rate after his tenure! How sensible is your data now? The bank rates when buhari took over was btwn 1.0 - 1.25naira, it was almst same before babaginda took over! Do ur findings before creating threads.. Really wished i came accross this topic earlier.

Go to the streets and ask the everday voters, everyone wants the general now! Its not everybody that gets your N200 per post uno.
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by austinvsb1(m): 2:50am On Dec 22, 2014
amaraudo:
Its a pity that buhari at his age is desperately lying to deceive so as to became president. only God knows what buhari wants to achieve. Whatever it is, its secrete and only known to buhari and tinubu. Buhari can not rule nogeria now, he has lost touch to modern day realities, buhari will be more of a liability. He lacks the intelligence, purpose, understanding and every other modern day sense to govern, he is not a democrate to start with. Aso rock is not old peoples home. At 72 he should go back to katsina and rest.

And your modern day realities are looting senselessly and failure to protect lives and properties?? I want this old man now more than ever!! Gmb2015
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:52am On Dec 22, 2014
Nicklee:

Grrrrrhhh - too many senseless people here. You didn't see that the numbers are in 2014 $ or don't you know what that means? Lol... Clearly I shouldn't be wasting my time talkin to you here. You have no clue what you're saying. Now you want me to normalize for Congress and number of universities... lol

This is what you get when an education system collapses.
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Citadelbot: 4:20am On Dec 22, 2014
erico2k2:

yeh but then again I can tell you the pepper seller can Top up thier mobile phone and call his supplier,something we could not dream of in 1990, so the so called pepper seller is life getting better or difficult? what would you answer be?

I dont get your point. How is topping of mobile phone related to my post. Am lost. Or you trying to say GEJ make life better by providing mobile phone, cos i dont understand you sir.
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 22, 2014
OEmperor:

May your life be like Nigeria's economy under Gej. Say amen

I will say amen if you agree that my amen means your life will be like Nigeria's economy under OBJ

Yes or No
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by borie4u(m): 7:43am On Dec 22, 2014
@ datolee
I often wonder how the youth of this great country sell dia future for a morsel of bread. how man can turn his face the other side because the man being slapped is not his brother. I wonder how we lie with ease just because we enjoy a little of our right from dis government. is it not glaring that this government has failed? do u know wat people has lost because of dis government ineptitude to lives n properties either as northerner, easterner,westerners etc. what other proof do u need? subsidy scam, employment scam n infact every scam that u can mention. infact this present government is a scam. have we no conscience because of a loaf of bread we ve thrown our scruples and conscience to the dogs. every country's strength is the youth but wat happens when the youth hav been bought? Gej had 6 yrs to make a change on the country but wat has he done? wat happened to our currency during the oil boom under his administration? did it improve or deteriorate. ask me about the windfall n I will tell u alot. if u can answer d impart of the oil boom under gej to the economy then u have my vote n u better tell me a good great lie. u can call gmb a terrorist, fanatic or wat ever evil name available to tanoid but I know he's a disciplined man. the change has come!
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 22, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

I will say amen if you agree that my amen means your life will be like Nigeria's economy under OBJ

Yes or No
I can see am talking to a kid. how old are you? In life we pray for things to get better as we move on. It is better to experience stagnancy than setback. Obj tenure wasn't superb. But it was still far better than now. I don't think you were born then. If not you won't talk like this. Also how much were you paid?
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
OEmperor:

I can see am talking to a kid. how old are you? In life we pray for things to get better as we move on. It is better to experience stagnancy than setback. Obj tenure wasn't superb. But it was still far better than now. I don't think you were born then. If not you won't talk like this. Also how much were you paid?

Yawns

Trash
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by shina1000(m): 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
I think buhari did try during his time... e had to settle lots of international debts. By d way I cannot mention any military head who had better achievement compared to diz guy... perhaps I think PDP has done enough. Let's try someone else other than d President dat book excess money off d national revenue for welfare in d Villa
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Yawns

Trash
Abeg close that smelling mouth
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by erico2k2(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2014
Nicklee:

You really think everyone is as lazy as your bunch who look for where to copy and paste. Pathetic. Go and run your analysis, then come and talk to me.
If U did not copy and past U will realize that Cr**ap U got up there makes no sense at all its garbage.
Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by erico2k2(m): 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
borie4u:
@ datolee
I often wonder how the youth of this great country sell dia future for a morsel of bread. how man can turn his face the other side because the man being slapped is not his brother. I wonder how we lie with ease just because we enjoy a little of our right from dis government. is it not glaring that this government has failed? do u know wat people has lost because of dis government ineptitude to lives n properties either as northerner, easterner,westerners etc. what other proof do u need? subsidy scam, employment scam n infact every scam that u can mention. infact this present government is a scam. have we no conscience because of a loaf of bread we ve thrown our scruples and conscience to the dogs. every country's strength is the youth but wat happens when the youth hav been bought? Gej had 6 yrs to make a change on the country but wat has he done? wat happened to our currency during the oil boom under his administration? did it improve or deteriorate. ask me about the windfall n I will tell u alot. if u can answer d impart of the oil boom under gej to the economy then u have my vote n u better tell me a good great lie. u can call gmb a terrorist, fanatic or wat ever evil name available to tanoid but I know he's a disciplined man. the change has come!
Bro I get where U r coming from but like someone said on here A Live Dog is better than a Dead Lion.I think APC failed us when they tendered GMB to run for them,so are they telling us they have no one better than GMB to present? if that's the case they are worse than PDP however let me say this,There thieves behind the push for GMB,I dont think you need to be the president to contribute to the growth of the Economy, or to create Employment is proven by Dangote.

1 Like

Re: How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? by dlox147(m): 8:54pm On Dec 24, 2014
I still wonder why APC thinks he is marketable

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

''You Are A Favorite Of The Press'' - Buhari Jokes With Okowa (Photo) / Staff Of Atiku’s Radio, TV Stations Lament Non-payment Of Salaries / Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.