Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,342 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? (10302 Views)

2015: APC Is Blinded By Desperation For Power – PDP / Man Blinded By Soldiers Awarded N15M Compensation / Yarima: My Wife Is Not 13, He Strives Hard To Be Guided By The Holy Qur'an (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by phantom(m): 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
the following post is from a friend on facebook and is directed at our kinsmen,the igbos! enjoy!!!
N/B: i highlighted some important points

I will start this write-up with the analogy of the broken down clock for the sole reason that I do not intend this post to be an avenue for stereo-typing the igbos, but as an avenue for we from the South East region to tell ourselves some home-truth (like every race or ethnic group does from time to time) and stop what seems to be an exercise in self ridicule. Now, to the analogy of the broken down clock:

A broken down clock we all know cannot be relied on for telling the time of the day, especially for those who know its state of function. But regardless of that state of function, we all know it has its fingers pointing at some random time, which is usually the time at which it broke down. Lets just say for the sake of this write-up, our clock broke down at exactly 4 o' clock.

A stranger who comes into the house at time of say 3.55 (am or pm), 4.00 (am or pm), 4.05 (am or pm) would see the clock as still correct, or even accurate if he came in at exactly 4.00 (am or pm), but the owner of the house knows the true state of the clock, and the stranger would need to stay longer to know the clock is truly broken down. But the truth is, as a time piece, I was correct twice for the day. At every other time, it was on the WRONG side of time.

In Nigeria, we have many people who analyse like broken down clocks. They seem to be correct not because they possess sterling analytical power, but because the situation which serves their myopic view speaks for itself. Once their position is on the wrong side of the argument, they cannot be fixed. We have them all over Nigeria, from those who rightly presently demand GEJ to be sacked at the polls in 2015 (but for some reason, supported a moribound Umaru Musa Yar Adua to rule Nigeria from his death bed), to those who called for GEJ's impeachment (but threatened the coporate existence of Nigeria should OBJ be impeached, remember OPC's famous "impeach OBJ, impeach Nigeria declaration). Yes, I know, many of them are "making sense" now, and are "gbaming", mass "liking", and high fiving each others' write-ups, but we who live in the house know their "broken down" antecedents, and I know they will be the new problem should an APC leadership begin to derail, should they take over in 2015. But for now, the broken down time piece is telling the correct time, and I hope the clocks that are working correctly will be there to tell the time when real time goes past the hour. It is these people that will eventually save the nation from itself.

But, lets leave those alone for now, its time to address those who seem to be on the wrong side of time.........
Now, we are all aware that GEJ has the most ardent support from the South East. On the surface, that is not a bad thing, everybody has a right to support a candidate of his own choice, and GEJ has the constitutional right to contest, but the reason behind such quickly betrays a sense of hatred, fear and insecurity around such support. The strong emotion with which they respond to their fellow south-easterners who try to be different betrays the ultimate fact that they are really neo-phytes when it comes to reading the political terrain.

These people are so locked in 1966, they forget they are falling into the same mistake of the Northern avengers of 1966, who thought they were doing justice to alleged Igbo domination, but ended up ruining Nigeria and the North even more. These people were seriously calling for devolution of powers and resource control, but do not realise that 2 southern Presidents (one from the Niger Delta) have failed to bring about a satisfactory form of federalism, now they seek to dominate that centre which they alleged to hate so much, when they had ample time to pursue their legitimate interest.

You claim GEJ has done a lot for the igbos more than any President. Well, in terms of appointments, he may have, and there is a psychological feeling about occupying a post whose elusion is thought to be a conspiracy of some sorts, but that is where it ends. It doesn't put food on the table of the average Igbo man more than it does for the Igala man or Jukun woman. And the Airport? [b]Thanks, but apart from that, what else? PTF did much more when oil was less than $20 a barrel. Much more for the common man, the 90% who probably will never use an airport. Roads in the South East remain deplorable, and the Second Niger Bridge is now so notorious a project, any Leader who wants to do the igbos "longer-throat" just needs to say "second Niger Bridge" and he will get our ears. [/b]Remember GEJ said he either completes the Second Niger Bridge by 2015 or he goes to exile. Does it look like all the sand and run down facilities in that area will suddenly become a bridge in 2015? And must it always be about roads and bridges? Dem born us born cement and concrete? What has he done for health that the igbos can shout alleluyah in particular? What about electricity? Does the East have more power supply than the rest of Nigeria? Are Igbo business-men selling more goods more than ever before? Are we buying agricultural produce cheaper than the rest of the country? Is Abakaliki rice more plentiful now than before? Why are our expectations so shallow?

You argue that he is one of us, that he is Igbo. I have never seen any argument betraying more confusion than this. GEJ is not Igbo. He is not even IJAW. He is an OGBIA man, an ethnic group of about 250,000. He has no Igbo name given to him from birth. AZIKIWE is a PET NAME given to him by his mother, because he smiled like the then famous Nnamdi Azikiwe. I had a school mate of COMPLETE Igbo blood in my days in UNEC whose nick-name was ABACHA simply because of his mannerisms. His birth certificate had no Abacha written on it. Meanwhile, it may interest you to know GEJ never took the AZIKIWE name seriously even while he was Governor of Bayelsa and Acting President, but I guess because of people like you, his sudden adoption of the name yielded dividends, and is about to yield further dividends because you cannot see beyond your nose.

Then the second name EBELE. Some un-informed people have called it EBELE-CHUKWU in the past. Well, that is wrong. It is actually EBELEMI, a full nomenclature in OGBIA language. So before you campaign, at least get your facts right.

Another argument, is that we the igbos need to be at peace with our neighbours. I say, it is fine to be at peace, but not to the point of black-mail. Peace without Justice is peace of the grave-yard. [b]Yes, we have a right to support our neighbours, but some of us can also remember that those our neighbours who we desperately want to be at peace with, actually had a voting pattern in the past which was automatically against any candidate who came from the South East. Go and check your records of voting patterns from 1979 elections to 2011. I wont go into the various avenues at which we were sabotaged during the unfortunate civil war. And the abandoned properties nko? Have they given us back? Even the Late Ken Saro-Wiwa, an Ogoni man (our neighbours) "occupied" a house "abandoned" by an Igbo-man when the civil war started. So, how exactly do you define living in genuine peace? Only when it benefits one person? Yes, by-gones should be by-gones, but my common sense still remains. If you want to dig up the role of the Hausas in that event, then let us complete the whole process, then the Efiks and Ibibios will also remind us (the Igbos) of the atrocities we committed against them as well.[/b]

It would have been different if it was a Murtala Mohammed contesting (the man who was responsible for the execution of almost 2,000 unarmed civillians in Asaba during the civil war), or if Buhari had any specific war crime to his name. But that is not the case. In politics, the duration of friendship or enmity is not permanent. What is permanent is INTEREST.

My arch-enemy of yesterday can become my friend today if I rightly identify my interest. Its for this same reason:

1. The Germans and the Jews (Isrealis) are friends and vital business partners today, despite the fact that the Germans gassed 6 million jews to death, with the intention of wiping them off the planet.

2. The Americans fought a bitter war of independence with the imperial British. Today, their alliance is one of the closest and most reliable on the planet.

3. England and France fought a war that lasted 100 years (yes 100). Yet today, one of the most technologically advanced tunnels connects both countries.

I can go on and on and on about how enmities of yesterday have become formidable alliances today based on common sense and identification of objective, legitimate interest. So don't go about calling an Igbo man using his common sense an EFULEFU. You are the one who is lost in the past.

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by phantom(m): 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
update: ive uploaded the first part of this article to continue into the second one to make one full article. please reread it. thanks
Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
There's nothing new about this article na! Na today?
If Buhari becomes the next president,the gullible and brainwashed people who are not Ijaws will still turn around to support Buhari. Am sorry to say this but that's just the bitter truth.

10 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
Great and thought provoking writeup
Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by phantom(m): 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
berem:
There's nothing new about this article na! Na today?
If Buhari becomes the next president,the gullible and brainwashed people who are not Ijaws will still turn around to support Buhari. Am sorry to say this but that's just the bitter truth.
NNE many igbos are living in denial.
we must keep drumming it in.
the best road in the SE today was not done by an Igbo or I jaw man.

as long as we remain in nigeria ,alliances IN OUR BEST INTEREST must be made. QED!

13 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Kenai: 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
Thanks.
But I'll still never vote Buhari.

16 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
phantom:
NNE many igbos are living in denial.
we must keep drumming it in.
the best road in the SE today was not done by an Igbo or I jaw man.

as long as we remain in nigeria ,alliances IN OUR BEST INTEREST must be made. QED!
how long will we continue drumming into their ears? I read some irritating comments on facebook and you need to see how some Igbos have been brainwashed you just wonder what is happening to their brains.
Ike gwuru!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by mazzi: 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
Fhoolish op,ave u asked ursef why gambaris are after this power like their lives depends on it?tell me which tribe in nigeria the igbos ave not voted for?we voted for obasanjo(a yeruba man),we vote for yaradua(a northerner) so why won't we support an ijaw man now he needs our support?maybe, we shouldn't after all he is a minority and his people are only good in providing economic needs of nigeria but not good enough for leardership of the country the ave sustained for over 53yearz.op,search ur soul and repent. EFULEFU!!!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Adminisher: 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ibos are above all motivated by the urge for vengeance against imagined hurts. This mass emotion is causing the collective folly of supporting the sinking Jonathan regime against all dictates of common sense.

11 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
phantom:
the following post is from a friend on facebook and is directed at our kinsmen,the igbos! enjoy!!!

I will start this write-up with the analogy of the broken down clock for the sole reason that I do not intend this post to be an avenue for stereo-typing the igbos, but as an avenue for we from the South East region to tell ourselves some home-truth (like every race or ethnic group does from time to time) and stop what seems to be an exercise in self ridicule. Now, to the analogy of the broken down clock:

A broken down clock we all know cannot be relied on for telling the time of the day, especially for those who know its state of function. But regardless of that state of function, we all know it has its fingers pointing at some random time, which is usually the time at which it broke down. Lets just say for the sake of this write-up, our clock broke down at exactly 4 o' clock.

A stranger who comes into the house at time of say 3.55 (am or pm), 4.00 (am or pm), 4.05 (am or pm) would see the clock as still correct, or even accurate if he came in at exactly 4.00 (am or pm), but the owner of the house knows the true state of the clock, and the stranger would need to stay longer to know the clock is truly broken down. But the truth is, as a time piece, I was correct twice for the day. At every other time, it was on the WRONG side of time.

In Nigeria, we have many people who analyse like broken down clocks. They seem to be correct not because they possess sterling analytical power, but because the situation which serves their myopic view speaks for itself. Once their position is on the wrong side of the argument, they cannot be fixed. We have them all over Nigeria, from those who rightly presently demand GEJ to be sacked at the polls in 2015 (but for some reason, supported a moribound Umaru Musa Yar Adua to rule Nigeria from his death bed), to those who called for GEJ's impeachment (but threatened the coporate existence of Nigeria should OBJ be impeached, remember OPC's famous "impeach OBJ, impeach Nigeria declaration). Yes, I know, many of them are "making sense" now, and are "gbaming", mass "liking", and high fiving each others' write-ups, but we who live in the house know their "broken down" antecedents, and I know they will be the new problem should an APC leadership begin to derail, should they take over in 2015. But for now, the broken down time piece is telling the correct time, and I hope the clocks that are working correctly will be there to tell the time when real time goes past the hour. It is these people that will eventually save the nation from itself.

But, lets leave those alone for now, its time to address those who seem to be on the wrong side of time.........
Now, we are all aware that GEJ has the most ardent support from the South East. On the surface, that is not a bad thing, everybody has a right to support a candidate of his own choice, and GEJ has the constitutional right to contest, but the reason behind such quickly betrays a sense of hatred, fear and insecurity around such support. The strong emotion with which they respond to their fellow south-easterners who try to be different betrays the ultimate fact that they are really neo-phytes when it comes to reading the political terrain.

These people are so locked in 1966, they forget they are falling into the same mistake of the Northern avengers of 1966, who thought they were doing justice to alleged Igbo domination, but ended up ruining Nigeria and the North even more. These people were seriously calling for devolution of powers and resource control, but do not realise that 2 southern Presidents (one from the Niger Delta) have failed to bring about a satisfactory form of federalism, now they seek to dominate that centre which they alleged to hate so much, when they had ample time to pursue their legitimate interest.

You claim GEJ has done a lot for the igbos more than any President. Well, in terms of appointments, he may have, and there is a psychological feeling about occupying a post whose elusion is thought to be a conspiracy of some sorts, but that is where it ends. It doesn't put food on the table of the average Igbo man more than it does for the Igala man or Jukun woman. And the Airport? [b]Thanks, but apart from that, what else? PTF did much more when oil was less than $20 a barrel. Much more for the common man, the 90% who probably will never use an airport. Roads in the South East remain deplorable, and the Second Niger Bridge is now so notorious a project, any Leader who wants to do the igbos "longer-throat" just needs to say "second Niger Bridge" and he will get our ears. [/b]Remember GEJ said he either completes the Second Niger Bridge by 2015 or he goes to exile. Does it look like all the sand and run down facilities in that area will suddenly become a bridge in 2015? And must it always be about roads and bridges? Dem born us born cement and concrete? What has he done for health that the igbos can shout alleluyah in particular? What about electricity? Does the East have more power supply than the rest of Nigeria? Are Igbo business-men selling more goods more than ever before? Are we buying agricultural produce cheaper than the rest of the country? Is Abakaliki rice more plentiful now than before? Why are our expectations so shallow?

You argue that he is one of us, that he is Igbo. I have never seen any argument betraying more confusion than this. GEJ is not Igbo. He is not even IJAW. He is an OGBIA man, an ethnic group of about 250,000. He has no Igbo name given to him from birth. AZIKIWE is a PET NAME given to him by his mother, because he smiled like the then famous Nnamdi Azikiwe. I had a school mate of COMPLETE Igbo blood in my days in UNEC whose nick-name was ABACHA simply because of his mannerisms. His birth certificate had no Abacha written on it. Meanwhile, it may interest you to know GEJ never took the AZIKIWE name seriously even while he was Governor of Bayelsa and Acting President, but I guess because of people like you, his sudden adoption of the name yielded dividends, and is about to yield further dividends because you cannot see beyond your nose.

Then the second name EBELE. Some un-informed people have called it EBELE-CHUKWU in the past. Well, that is wrong. It is actually EBELEMI, a full nomenclature in OGBIA language. So before you campaign, at least get your facts right.

Another argument, is that we the igbos need to be at peace with our neighbours. I say, it is fine to be at peace, but not to the point of black-mail. Peace without Justice is peace of the grave-yard. [b]Yes, we have a right to support our neighbours, but some of us can also remember that those our neighbours who we desperately want to be at peace with, actually had a voting pattern in the past which was automatically against any candidate who came from the South East. Go and check your records of voting patterns from 1979 elections to 2011. I wont go into the various avenues at which we were sabotaged during the unfortunate civil war. And the abandoned properties nko? Have they given us back? Even the Late Ken Saro-Wiwa, an Ogoni man (our neighbours) "occupied" a house "abandoned" by an Igbo-man when the civil war started. So, how exactly do you define living in genuine peace? Only when it benefits one person? Yes, by-gones should be by-gones, but my common sense still remains. If you want to dig up the role of the Hausas in that event, then let us complete the whole process, then the Efiks and Ibibios will also remind us (the Igbos) of the atrocities we committed against them as well.[/b]

It would have been different if it was a Murtala Mohammed contesting (the man who was responsible for the execution of almost 2,000 unarmed civillians in Asaba during the civil war), or if Buhari had any specific war crime to his name. But that is not the case. In politics, the duration of friendship or enmity is not permanent. What is permanent is INTEREST.

My arch-enemy of yesterday can become my friend today if I rightly identify my interest. Its for this same reason:

1. The Germans and the Jews (Isrealis) are friends and vital business partners today, despite the fact that the Germans gassed 6 million jews to death, with the intention of wiping them off the planet.

2. The Americans fought a bitter war of independence with the imperial British. Today, their alliance is one of the closest and most reliable on the planet.

3. England and France fought a war that lasted 100 years (yes 100). Yet today, one of the most technologically advanced tunnels connects both countries.

I can go on and on and on about how enmities of yesterday have become formidable alliances today based on common sense and identification of objective, legitimate interest. So don't go about calling an Igbo man using his common sense an EFULEFU. You are the one who is lost in the past.
I will neither vote for gej nor buhari, gej has not performed, as for buhari he trauncated the democratic government in 1983. I keep asking this phools the reason why all Igbos must support buhari? Are Rochas, Ngige, Ogbonnaya onu, joe mouthpiece igbokwe not Igbos? Every Igbo has an interest that must be protected wether in apc or pdp likewise people of other ethnic group..

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Alphaoscar: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
"STOP DECEIVING OURSELVES FOR SENTIMENT REASONS
Rommy Adigun
Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria "A hausa man was the first
and last to build a refinery in Nigeria.
A hausa man also was first to link federal
highways to the south south.
A hausa man was first to listen to the complains
and cry of the people of the Niger-Delta.
A hausa man was first to set up Niger Delta
Ministry and made NDDC a parastatal under the
ministry.
A hausa man stopped insurgency in the south
south by the militants.
A hausa gave the highest revenue to the riverine
coasts and yet you call them abokis.... meanwhile
Goodluck has offered nothing 2 the south south
except breaking up the unity amongst them and
achieving nothing in real life except things he reads
in papers to us which are not visible...
Let's be frank muslims and christians have been
leaving since the existence of Nigeria in oneness
and peace although there have been issues but
they are quickly resolved... Nigeria has never
looked so gloomy.
Why now GEJ is not the first christian president
except we would have said it is because his a
christian... Yaradua stopped the first set of boko
haram and he is a hausa/fulani and also a muslim.
A hausa man named Abacha and Yaradua are the
firsts Presidents to reduce the price fuel and a
known fact is that GEJ is the first Ijaw man to
govern Nigeria and he increased fuel price to an
unbelievable price saying that we will enjoy the
dividends of subsidy, he will build two (2) refineries
and that he will also reveal the cabals and cartels
in the oil sector till date we have seen no one
charged to court or even the dividends of the
removal of subsidy why deceive ourselves for
sentimental reasons...
Nigeria will never change if we don't forget
ethnicity bias, religious bias, regional differences
etc... We need someone who will deliver not
someone who pose as a stature.
I am a Nigerian and I love my country and I also
want my country to move forward. I pledge to
contribute my own percentage of change to this
nation for a better tomorrow. I am a muslim and I
am not a terrorist"

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by mazzi: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
CaptainOjemba:
I will neither vote for gej nor buhari, gej has not performed, as for buhari he trauncated the democratic government in 1983. I keep asking this phools the reason why all Igbos must support buhari? Are Rochas, Ngige, Ogbonnaya onu, joe mouthpiece igbokwe not Igbos? Every Igbo has an interest that must be protected wether in apc or pdp likewise people of other ethnic group..
bro, don't mind paid agents.there blackmail to push igbos into supporting a tyrant will continue to end in futility like a water poured on a stone.

5 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by mazzi: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Alphaoscar:
"STOP DECEIVING OURSELVES FOR SENTIMENT REASONS
Rommy Adigun
Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria "A hausa man was the first
and last to build a refinery in Nigeria.
A hausa man also was first to link federal
highways to the south south.
A hausa man was first to listen to the complains
and cry of the people of the Niger-Delta.
A hausa man was first to set up Niger Delta
Ministry and made NDDC a parastatal under the
ministry.
A hausa man stopped insurgency in the south
south by the militants.
A hausa gave the highest revenue to the riverine
coasts and yet you call them abokis.... meanwhile
Goodluck has offered nothing 2 the south south
except breaking up the unity amongst them and
achieving nothing in real life except things he reads
in papers to us which are not visible...
Let's be frank muslims and christians have been
leaving since the existence of Nigeria in oneness
and peace although there have been issues but
they are quickly resolved... Nigeria has never
looked so gloomy.
Why now GEJ is not the first christian president
except we would have said it is because his a
christian... Yaradua stopped the first set of boko
haram and he is a hausa/fulani and also a muslim.
A hausa man named Abacha and Yaradua are the
firsts Presidents to reduce the price fuel and a
known fact is that GEJ is the first Ijaw man to
govern Nigeria and he increased fuel price to an
unbelievable price saying that we will enjoy the
dividends of subsidy, he will build two (2) refineries
and that he will also reveal the cabals and cartels
in the oil sector till date we have seen no one
charged to court or even the dividends of the
removal of subsidy why deceive ourselves for
sentimental reasons...
Nigeria will never change if we don't forget
ethnicity bias, religious bias, regional differences
etc... We need someone who will deliver not
someone who pose as a stature.
I am a Nigerian and I love my country and I also
want my country to move forward. I pledge to
contribute my own percentage of change to this
nation for a better tomorrow. I am a muslim and I
am not a terrorist"
and how many yearz ave these ur hausa men ruled the country out of 53yearz of our existence as an independent nation that the want to bring down this country jst because the are out of power.

4 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Duru1(m): 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
phantom:

The writer of the above crap is either a deluded jackass or an accomplished fool. I must confess that the use of broken down clock metaphor betrayed his or her idiotic intentions. The writer must have forgotten there are Obasanjo and PDP. Yet Obasnajo was one of human figures that prominently featured in Nigerian debacle which started in 1966 and ended in 1970. In addition to the writer’s delusional form, he or she forgot that Obasanjo does not have EBELE and AZIKIWE incorporated in his name.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by asodeboyede(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
NATIONALITY(Nigerian): FIRST
ETHNICITY(HAUSA,IGBO, YORUBA ....): SECOND!
Nigerians are very few.....

1 Like

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
mazzi:
bro, don't mind paid agents.there blackmail to push igbos into supporting a tyrant will continue to end in futility like a water poured on a stone.
I get annoyed seeing people write as is Igbos don't know their right. Why must everybody support them? What have the so called progressives done to get Igbo vote, is it just blackmail? As for black mail it won't work, they better marshall out plans on how to sell their manifesto to the Igbo nation.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Lowgerorge akagbeni friday oziegbe aka loopman. U just dey blank ur master ba?
Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by stanech: 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
I won't vote buhari not just because I am igbo but because I don't want an old man who truncated a democratic government and arrested Ambrose Ali the best governor the then bendel state ever had.

A friend of mine told me that buhari planed that coup because the south was developing faster than the north. And some how I believe him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Abagworo(m): 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
CaptainOjemba:
I get annoyed seeing people write as is Igbos don't know their right. Why must everybody support them? What have the so called progressives done to get Igbo vote, is it just blackmail? As for black mail it won't work, they better marshall out plans on how to sell their manifesto to the Igbo nation.

I prefer Buhari to Jonathan and my reason is that Jonathan has wasted our high oil revenue and is busy fighting the good Governors instead of tackling corruption. Buhari will fight corruption to a stand still and as well bring peace to Nigeria.

Right now Igbos stand to lose most if Jonathan destroys Nigeria as a result of his ambition.

8 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by oluwalfa: 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
phantom:

All these are separate countries.

What I would like you to add one day is

4. Biafra fought a bitter war with Nigeria that lasted 3 years and killed millions but today they are co-operating, developing independently and prospering.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by oluwalfa: 7:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
berem:
how long will we continue drumming into their ears? I read some irritating comments on facebook and you need to see how some Igbos have been brainwashed you just wonder what is happening to their brains.
Ike gwuru!

A proverb in my village says, "when a she-goat posts on nairaland, the obviousness is obvious".

1 Like

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by austinsmat(m): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
haha all this long story is for me to vote buhari. I will not vote for him.Pls better find another style because this one wont sell

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by mazzi: 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
Abagworo:

I prefer Buhari to Jonathan and my reason is that Jonathan has wasted our high oil revenue and is busy fighting the good Governors instead of tackling corruption. Buhari will fight corruption to a stand still and as well bring peace to Nigeria.

Right now Igbos stand to lose most if Jonathan destroys Nigeria as a result of his ambition.
if others talk u sef go follow put mouth?brainwashed pay per post mofo like u.Abeg go collect ur 5k per rally frm amaechi make person see road biko.
Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
oluwalfa:

A proverb in my village says, "when a she-goat posts on nairaland, the obviousness is obvious".
A she-goat? Is that what you now call your mother? Then you must be a nanny goat!

7 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Duru1(m): 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
Abagworo:

I guess the political preferences you cherished are not predicated on your ethnicity. If so, then it is clearly a foolish endeavor to remotely insinuate that an otherwise scenario applies to another individual.
Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
Any intelligent person reading the article will know that the author is not saying all Igbo should support Buhari. The central theme of his write-up is the bitterness with which some brain-dead Igbos oppose fellow Igbos who support Buhari. They use different tactics from intimidation to ostracization to cower people with differing political views. These kind of senseless Igbos are the ones I called Igbo barbarians. Some of the mugus even started burning APC flags recently. But the will be the first to kowtow at Aso Rock should APC win next years election. Thoughtless baboons.
Dont support APC. But stop threatening and bitterly insulting Igbos who do.

9 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by oluwalfa: 8:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
berem:
A she-goat? Is that what you now call your mother? Then you must be a nanny goat!

Another proverb says: "daughters of she-cows behave like cows"
Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by phantom(m): 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
CaptainOjemba:

the bolded is funny. even if buhari builds the 2nd niger bridge BEFORE 2015,IGBOS WILL STILL NOT VOTE FOR HIM.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
Abagworo:

Has nigeria being a good country before now? pls remember that I can't give my vote to the so called mr integrity neither will I give it to the clueless man. Nobody can stop corruption in this country cos it has eaten every fibre of this country, the only thing that can be done to salvage the country is changing the system.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
The op is a useless slowpoke, Lawrence Watkins an African America motivational speaker said "i will love to see more Black businesses than more Black politicians"

i prefer seeing more Ibetos, Coscharis, Innosons, Chicasons et al than seeing more Joe Igbokwes and et al flaunting as Igbo progressives.

The North have the highest number of politicians but the East have the highest number of enterprenuers, the North recieve more federal allocation than the East but poverty is lesser in East than any other zone in Nigeria.

Its not all about having the presidency, Jonathan have really help Igbo businesses, go to Nnewi and see wonders of Anaedo people, go to Onitsha and see industries springing up.

During Obj a southerner, he revoked Ibeto's license and siezed Innoson 25 40ft containers and auction them off but under Jonathan Innoson is a success story aand Ibeto cement is booming now witout fear.

Its not all about Igbos supporting Jonathan, Jonathan have made it possible for a level playing field to be given to everybody, last time i check there are igbos in APC too, why should every igbo person support Buhari?

mazzi:
and how many yearz ave these ur hausa men ruled the country out of 53 of our existence as an independent nation that the want to bring down this country jst because the are out of power.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
phantom:

the bolded is funny. even if buhari builds the 2nd niger bridge BEFORE 2015,IGBOS WILL STILL NOT VOTE FOR HIM.
so continue with the blackmail let's see if it will pay off.
Re: The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? by phantom(m): 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
as usual my brothers are emotionally firing from all cylinders while ,missing the obvious point of the article

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jesus Was A Womanizer - Nnamdi Kanu / Gbajabimila & Agege At The Opening Ceremony Of The 64th Commonwealth Conference / Will You Support Any Law Against Polygamy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.