Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Your Views On This Pls. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Views On This Pls. (55048 Views)

Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. / What Are Your Views On Retirement Care Homes / Old Peoples Homes? / What Are Your Views On Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Views On This Pls. by sukkot: 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
DollyParton1:

Lol. Look at this one. You asked question and answer am yourself. Wetin remain for me to talk.
nothing else. carry go cheesy
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by manlawal(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
[b][/b] THAT IS WHAT WE CALL ACTION WITHOUT REACTION.
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by sanandreas(m): 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
I can act well like that man too. I take things soft and easy. I easily forgive when u react at that moment.
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by vanstanzy(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
Royver:
A woman came to the hospital today very anxious, sleep deprived, poor appetite, headache, generally a nervous wreck. When questioned she says her husband caught her cheating on him by walking in on them in a compromising position at her shop.

He responded by turning and walking away. She returned home later that evening after thinking of how best to confront the situation but the man has not brought up the matter since then.

She said it has been over a week now and Oga is carrying on as if nothing happened and she is going crazy with anxiety because she doesn't know what is running through his mind.

I asked if she had done something like this before and she swore she hadn't, that it was bad judgement on her part with a former ex. I suggested she be the one to breach the subject to her husband but some of my colleagues believe she should let sleeping dogs lie and take a sedative.

What do you guys think?

"Anticipation of death is worse than death itself!"
She swore never to have done it before, she is lying. She is only afraid and panicky cos she got caught in the act.
Well, the ball is in the man's court, if he decides to file for a divorce he won't be wrong. I will advice the woman to open up to the husband, and get it over with.
But that is a very bitter pill to swallow for a man. I don't even pray such for my enemy.
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by donbenie(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
Royver:

I suggested she write him an apology letter.
Hahaha,funny post of the day..lol..
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Etetejake(m): 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
Yomieluv:
The man simply want guilt to kill the woman..

This is what we call fear of the unknown..

U r right my brother. the man wunt hurt her instead she will hurt herself. That is how intelligent men r dealing with a cheating wife these days.
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by RealAlfranco: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
[b]#TrueStory
An exact scenario happened. I'm a witness! Dis babe was a serial cheat. She had everything a girl would want; a handsome gentleman as a husband,a freaking adorable son,a gargantuan house as a home, super flourishing business set up 4 her by her husband... Just name it.
We were in her house fixing some elctric stuff and we saw da woman go in with dis dude,she always brings da guy. We never asked 'cos e nor concine us. Den after like 45 odd minutes her husband came in early from work,earlier dan expected. He actually picked his son from school too. After he went in 6mins later we saw dis oda niqqa walk,adjusting his belt and with his shirt hanging on his shoulder... We no talk o... After about 2 days wen we returned 2 complete our work,my oga asked der maid about da oda day. And da maid explained dat da husband walked in and caught his wife riding anoda morafucker in der kitchen. Da husband jst turned,walked back without mustering a word. He never talked about it,and da wife had been uneasy with his behaviour... Da beash was scared shitless..
To cut da long story short... Da wife moved out after a week leaving her son behind,she was scared for her life.[/b]
u want my advice? Break ur husbands silence or u move da hell out!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Views On This Pls. by HCNS(m): 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
There is only one solution to this problem which is if she can delete what the eyes have recorded and stored in the mind, unless that is done even after she is long gone by any means, he will always get hurt. Sorry to say her case is like that of a spilled milk too bad.
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Etetejake(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
MizEmpress:
i seriously hate this silent treatment thing, the lady has no way of guessing when it's going to end or what he's thinking so she'll be constantly on edge and that's enough punishment on its own. I'm not in anyway implying that she's doesn't deserve some form of discipline for her actions but the man should come out of his cocoon and let them decide if their marriage would survive or not, the earlier they start-the better.

That's not the reason for the silence. the reason is for the woman to be fill with guilt and eventually repent and never try it again. That's how most men solve their problem now or else hbp will be theirs.
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by vanstanzy(m): 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
AHOY147:
The man might mean no harm because from my experience, I once caught my girlfriend that stays in same house with me cheating on me, I did similar thing to her. I just handled it with maturity and for some weeks she couldn't withstand my silent anymore even when she tried bringing it up, I refused to utter word. I just choosed to punish her emotionally by keeping her in dark. But one night she broke the silence she started crying, begging that I should forgive her and I asked for what offence? Though after much talk that I did forgive her but to be honest with you, that was the day she lost her place in my heart, I now regarded her as my fucking mate, no more love and trust attached to the relationship. When I left school, she was never in my list of girls to choose as wife,we ended it there in school.

Sweet! You are truly a great man, exactly what i will do. Forgive, but my emotions for you will be totally dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Etetejake(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
byvan:
I won't spend a night under the same roof with a man that caught me cheating. If he strangles her, she had it coming. Useless married men and women everywhere, people should just put a cork on there itchy privates undecided angry.

the fear of been accused further wunt allow u to sleep in another place.

1 Like

Re: Your Views On This Pls. by bajosky: 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
as a counsellor , I would suggest she confesses the sin before God With All AmMount of sincerity , then pray for forgiveness and mercy.
Then she can approach the husband by the grace of God The Holy Spirit Will Soften The Husband Mind for open discussion breaking the long silence .

but she should never try such again.

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On This Pls. by queenbesha(f): 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
Cool man kiss....probably planning on DELETING her. grin

What the heck was she thinking
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
ALISMILE:
I can bet anything that that woman is from one particular tribe. They so commonly indulge in adultery! I didn't mention any particular tribe. but they know themselves! However, am currently living in d Southwest!
Lol... roflmao... hahahaha... laffs sporadically like a laughing tambolo......

1 Like

Re: Your Views On This Pls. by donbenie(m): 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
Aprime:
Some of the comments here hun...

So If one decide against going ballistic, and instead opt to think rationally by keeping his cool, it can only mean one thing, he's plotting vengeance; murder!

Wow! So dumb & shallow.

The comments are neither dumb nor shallow,but a reflection of the human mind in circumstances like this,the exact reason why the woman is sleep deprived edgy,the truth of the matter is that a spouse that catches another red handed in a compromising situation and proceeded to act as if nothing happened is most likely plotting his revenge and the woman has every reason to be afraid..REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD..

3 Likes

Re: Your Views On This Pls. by agoadiv(m): 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
JeffreyJamez:
i like the man......exactly what i would do....if she brings it up,,fine...if she doesnt..no biggie...life is too short abeg.

lol thats actually the best punishment for a cheating partner,that anxiety will not let them rest and wont even let them play rough play again hehehehehe

I swear u would not kip it in for 5mins without confronting her undecided
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Etetejake(m): 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
sauceny:
They never lied when they said "Nigeria has the highest rate of infidelity"....To some persons(women);they were lying & blabbing rubbish without prove.

Now they've seen it,Nigerian women tends to cheat more,when they are married,compared to when they were single.

I concur with u. I av cn a lot of married women than the single cheating. Sometimes, I use to tell my friends that I will consider contract marriage to spare any impending heartbreak.
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Lexusgs430: 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2014
The poor man is silently weighing his options (he has given her a very long rope of silence, he wants her to decide what to do with the rope !!!
It's best she either brings the matter up with him or gets her parents involved.
NB: Hopefully the man is not awaiting delivery of his pistol or rat poison !!!!
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Ebymyk(m): 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
She shouldn't take any sedative of any kind...she messed up!and she has to clean up her mess by going home to beg her man..because as that man keep quiet so..him no happy @ all...she has to plead and beg that man..and also prayer to God to forgive her!!!indeed that has mind!!!and if you are a woman that has that kind of mind...be submissive to him @ all tym and please him and never leave a double standard life...you 'll never have to face such problems in life!!!She should get herself together and go and plead for mercy!!!
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Maximus85(m): 4:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
The man really do love that woman so much that he can't let her go despite her madness and wickedness plus her stupidity. As these may all be true, the innocent man might kill her anytime. Her safety and demise is 50:50. She should Run.
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
Etetejake:

the fear of been accused further wunt allow u to sleep in another place.

When I have committed the offense already? I assume that before a woman that lives in Nigeria cheats , she must have packed her bag and ready to tell her husband to go to hell. Only and idi*ot cheats and begs for forgiveness, you cheat, you man or woman up to the consequences.
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by fineworker24(m): 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Lol I love this man die!!..... hehehe
He is a real man.

1 Like

Re: Your Views On This Pls. by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
agoadiv:

I swear u would not kip it in for 5mins without confronting her undecided

I've done It before undecided...works Like magic
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by FRCS(m): 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
She should always whisper "I'm sorry. It will never happen again, I promise" whole heartedly to him every early morning and night irrespective of his response or reaction(s) for weeks/months.

I feel this may help.
(Don't ask me why or how)
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Dcmg(m): 5:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
That was mature.People respond differently to emotional turmoil.
I would probably have acted the same way.Even if she brings up the matter,explains herself or apologize,i will act indifferent and remain as cool and calm as possible.The only anwser i wil give to her is "OK",because all explanations and apologies she would blab will probably enter through my right ear and also go out through the left ear.Thr is no form of explanations or apologies for cheating.
By a week,the divorce papers should arrive.For that period of one week,you a just a stranger in my huz.
I think divorce is the best solution,because if i want to get really emotional,mehn na to kill you sure pass.

1 Like

Re: Your Views On This Pls. by nkwachiabel(m): 5:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
in my opinion, I think the man acted wisely..if he acted immediately, maybe we wud be telling another story abt the wife or the guy... the man even tried.he is still smilin @ the wife and talking to her. if I was the one, we wud live in the same hauz buh we'll pretend we don't c eachother. buh that wife has to be scared.
blive me.quiet pple can torment sum1 wif silence.i'm a witness...
Wah I wud advice is for the girl to either break the silence and beg for forgiveness @ once or else, her own is finished.cos he'll plot his revenge and wen he's done wif her...I pity her
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
cococandy:
Let her bring it up abeg. Better to know what is on his mind than sleep one day and not wake up because he's strangled her in her sleep.

She strong gan. One week and she's been living with him under the same house sleeping peacefully?

I prefer people who vent and get it over with.
What normal person won't be hurt if they catch their wife or husband red-handed with another person?

Anybody that pretends to swallow such without even seeking an apology or explanation is mean and may be planning Armageddon.
One of the dumbest post i have EVER read on NL angry

1 Like

Re: Your Views On This Pls. by tayork(m): 5:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ishilove:
Royver, this is what I call Satanic gentleness. If I were the lady I'd be very very afraid, because if I act like that when I catch my husband in a 'compromising position', then it means I'm up to no good. I'm planning evil.

She should better broach the subject and clear the air before he goes all [/b]Jack the Ripper[b] on her cheating heinie.
Stefan the ripper

1 Like

Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Lukesmith: 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
cococandy:
Let her bring it up abeg. Better to know what is on his mind than sleep one day and not wake up because he's strangled her in her sleep.

She strong gan. One week and she's been living with him under the same house sleeping peacefully?

I prefer people who vent and get it over with.
What normal person won't be hurt if they catch their wife or husband red-handed with another person?

Anybody that pretends to swallow such without even seeking an apology or explanation is mean and may be planning Armageddon.
[b]it takes a strong Man to do what was mentioned above.. If he had the temper of wanting to kill her I believe he would have done that right away.. Now here is what I think.. This man did not just walk in on her .. He has an initial information regards the wife cheating and being a smart man.. Instead of confronting her and have her deny it or change her mind.. He decided to make a show... And his not responding to the event does not make him weak,stupid or crazy.. Such Men tend to do things with their minds not their hands.. They are smart and always ahead of their game.. Now don't be surprised the family would be paying their inlaws a visit... You know what that mean right.. Indirecly bringing her back to her people.. From what I think... This man played a conscience game on her... ("Let's you know I know your guilts.. Then let your conscience deal with you to the extent that you do what needs to be done even without being told"wink I won't be surprised if out of guilty conscience this woman packs her bags and runs back home...[/b]
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Haywhymido(m): 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
Evil women do. Dia is goduu oo.
Re: Your Views On This Pls. by Dlionsheart: 5:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
That's the real man. My type....... though in my case, somebody must go down after the long silence.

My friends and parents always do anything possible to make sure I talk or vent my displeasure immediately when am angry because they know how dangerous I can be if I keep silence over an offence.

MY ADVISE:
The cheating lady should do whatever is within her power (legitimately) to talk it out with her husband without any third party. Cry, beg, be extremely nice to him and show true repentance. Break the silence to avoid story that touch.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Husband Bites His Wife’s Fingers In Port-Harcourt For Refusing Sex / Pastor Folayemi Richard Beat Pregnant Wife To Coma 3 Months After Wedding / Nigerian Father Meets With His 39-Year-Old Daughter For The 1st Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.