Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet (28972 Views)

Lagos Government To Buy New Helicopter / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by ogbonoeba: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nicklee:
New jet for the presidential fleet? Didn't NOI just declare austerity for 2015? Why would GEJ ask for a new jet in 2015 when Nigeria's 2015 budget is bench-marked against $65/bbl of oil but Brent crude is struggling to trade for $60/bbl, and Nigeria is struggling to find buyers for its January 2015 crude oil cargoes? How important is a new jet to a presidential fleet which already has 8 functional high-end jets? Biko, what happened to austerity, eh, Madam NOI? Seriously?

My brotha, in some countries this would be an impeach able offense.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by muiniz: 7:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
Friends I believe few of us know how the budget was drawn because it's foundation isn't made public. It's simple we all shouting on this platform negatively about GEJ government but I hope on the day of election we will all leave our tv, computers, phones and loved ones to go vote for Change. Quote me GEJ will win if we don't act. Remember no incumbent Nigerian president has lost an election but if we the youths do what's right no one can hide the truth come February 2015. Wish my vote will count from Mainland China (Beijing) but I officially know it belongs to the incumbent through corruption because this figure head ambassador is in the presidency hands/pocket. God bless our great country

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Neplusultra(f): 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
iwriterng:

It's painful to read stories of billions being shared in a country where citizens can't eat what they like at the right time.
painful is mild! Its disheartening.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anulaxad(m): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
temitemi1:
If he doesn't need it he won't be buying it... GEJ till 2019!!!

Seriously whats wrong with you, joking in a case like this is not acceptable, in fact it is offensive, wake up and see that Nigeria can do so much better.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sibabasibaba1: 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2014
mcquin:

Did you say opportunities and 11 people died in the Immigration job saga? Come over it, governments provide for unemployed youths in sane countries...I know you are educated enough to know that.

-----

You are wrong. Government create the enabling environment for the private sector to privide jobs. The only job government provides is civil service jobs. And everybody cannot work in the civil service. I live in one of the best countries in the world. The city where I live has been serially rated the world's most liveable city in the liveability index. And you know what, there are still jobless and homeless people roaming its streets. Some people just refuse to work.

Get cracking, find something doing. Get your hands soiled. If you keep waiting for government you'll always be disappointed.

Have you noticed that you are making more sense now that your comments are less abusive? Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by mcquin(m): 9:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

-----

You are wrong. Government create the enabling environment for the private sector to privide jobs. The only job government provides is civil service jobs. And everybody cannot work in the civil service. I live in one of the best countries in the world. The city where I live has been serially rated the world's most liveable city in the liveability index. And you know what, there are still jobless and homeless people roaming its streets. Some people just refuse to work.

Get cracking, find something doing. Get your hands soiled. If you keep waiting for government you'll always be disappointed.

Have you noticed that you are making more sense now that your comments are less abusive? Keep it up.

So you live in one of the "A" rated countries. Little wonder your support for Jonathan. Bro why not come back home and get your hands "soiled" as you earlier mentioned; then you'll understand that there have been persons not just soiling hands but swimming in swam.

And you mentioned enabling environment...thanks for that. You really expect a man that doesn't see stealing as corruption to create an enabling environment. Those persons that died and those still dieing in search for job won't be in such predicament if there was an enabling environment.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by SangoCrusader: 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
Austerity measure my a$$!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sibabasibaba1: 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
mcquin:

So you live in one of the "A" rated countries. Little wonder your support for Jonathan. Bro why not come back home and get your hands "soiled" as you earlier mentioned; then you'll understand that there have been persons not just soiling hands but swimming in swam.

And you mentioned enabling environment...thanks for that. You really expect a man that doesn't see stealing as corruption to create an enabling environment. Those persons that died and those still dieing in search for job won't be in such predicament if there was an enabling environment.

-----

RIP to the people who died searching for job. I have always wondered why ABBA MORO was not sacked for such gross negligence and lack of organisation. Having said that, many people who went for that job test were not unemployed They were either underemployed or they had jobs that were paying well but were too demanding. The needed govt jobs that would be less demanding. For instance, I know people working in the banks that went for the test.

Bros, people should stop looking for govt jobs. Where I live, artisans -plumbers, builders, mechanics, etc make the most money- not civil servants. Govt did not stop anybody from from learning to be a plumber.

I lived and worked in Nigeria for many years. In the course of my job, I lived in each of the 6 geo-political zoness at one time or the other. I am sympathetic(not neccesarily supporting him) to GEJ because of the absence of a credible alternative. Buhari is not an alternative. He is part of the old brigade that put Nigeria in the pit. He represents retrogression. I was a kid when he was head of state and he did not perform. The coup he led took us back many years. Besides he rose to political fame through his support for Sharia. So, he is not patriotic but is just a desperately ambitious man. Forget all these rebranding. He represents no change.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Lucasbalo(m): 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
ogbonoeba:

My brotha, in some countries this would be an impeach able offense.
Amen to that my brother.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by siwo1: 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2014
Sirniyeh:
www.saharareporters.com/2014/12/23/president-jonathan-buy-new-executive-jet

President Goodluck Jonathan wants to ride yet another new aircraft, and he has asked the National Assembly to approve the purchase.

The request is part of the 2015 budget presented to the National Assembly in Abuja last week by the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala. It will be the fourth such purchase since he took office in 2010.

To make the acquisition of the gleaming new toy fit for the electoral stomp an attractive proposition, the presidency will trade in one of the planes currently in the presidential fleet. But the purchase will still gulp N400 million as deposit to the manufacturer.

Towards combating the insurgency in the country, the appropriation bill contains a N1,308,400,600 proposal to be spent on NICEP II security elements phase II by the NSA; N2,093,861,553 for maritime border security solutions (Falcon Eye); N2,093,861,553 for North-East border security solutions and N850 million for the DSS to buy more firearms and ammunition for all the service formations.

Defense, which comprises the Ministry of Defense, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force, has a vote of N358,466,078,698.

Similarly, the Office of the National Security Adviser (NSA), comprising the National Intelligence Agency, the Department of State Security, the Presidential Air Fleet (which manages the presidential fleet of aircraft), has a budgetary proposal of N84,128,320,723.

The bill also shows a proposal of N215,635,713 for foodstuff and catering equipment for the presidency, suggesting that the equipment is replaced every
year.

Furthermore, the presidency will spend N26,663,050,469:
N12,917,727,634 on personnel,
N11,165,322,836 on overhead,
N24,083,050,470 on recurrent expenditure, and N2,579,999,999 on capital projects.

The budgetary provisions further show an estimate of N150 billion for the National Assembly, and N73 billion is budgeted for the judiciary.

For the Ministry of Finance, there is a proposal of N1,727,288,461,558, a large proportion of which is dedicated to a what is called the "Service Wide Vote".
The "Service Wide Vote" is explained as a vote created to serve all Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) for emergency purposes not captured in
MDAs yearly budgets, but for which funding has been provided.

Funds are disbursed from the Service Wide Vote with approval from the National Assembly through appropriation, and the Minister of Finance approving the request from demanding MDAs for the
funds.

In the proposals, the education sector has an estimate of N492,034,986,591, and health, N257,543,773,757.
na wa oo, inflation in d country and yet u stil dey purchase jet like person wey dey buy clothes 4 market. 1dollar to our 189 naira, 1 euro to our 235naira, 1 pound to our 303naira. We dey owe 10.8trillion naira and stil u want jet. If u buy that jet Jona, na d jet go kill u oo.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Validated: 6:22am On Dec 25, 2014
Why are APC Supporters uncomfortable with a new jet? I thought Buhari will be the one flying the new jet? grin grin grin

Jokers
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by mcquin(m): 10:28am On Dec 25, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

-----

RIP to the people who died searching for job. I have always wondered why ABBA MORO was not sacked for such gross negligence and lack of organisation. Having said that, many people who went for that job test were not unemployed They were either underemployed or they had jobs that were paying well but were too demanding. The needed govt jobs that would be less demanding. For instance, I know people working in the banks that went for the test.

Bros, people should stop looking for govt jobs. Where I live, artisans -plumbers, builders, mechanics, etc make the most money- not civil servants. Govt did not stop anybody from from learning to be a plumber.

I lived and worked in Nigeria for many years. In the course of my job, I lived in each of the 6 geo-political zoness at one time or the other. I am sympathetic(not neccesarily supporting him) to GEJ because of the absence of a credible alternative. Buhari is not an alternative. He is part of the old brigade that put Nigeria in the pit. He represents retrogression. I was a kid when he was head of state and he did not perform. The coup he led took us back many years. Besides he rose to political fame through his support for Sharia. So, he is not patriotic but is just a desperately ambitious man. Forget all these rebranding. He represents no change.

Seriously if you want to get answers, walk up to the street and ask an average man. We are all tired of GEJ, if you think Buhari was bad, then I guess the reality that will hit you when you return to Nigeria will make you gasp for breath.

I am Efik by tribe, but raised in Benin; one would expect that naturally i'll fall in line with those screaming "it's our turn", but my dear, it is time to show Patriotism. PDP destroyed Nigeria. Changing "devils" isn't a bad idea, so long we don't keep one "devil" forever.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sibabasibaba1: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
mcquin:

Seriously if you want to get answers, walk up to the street and ask an average man. We are all tired of GEJ, if you think Buhari was bad, then I guess the reality that will hit you when you return to Nigeria will make you gasp for breath.

I am Efik by tribe, but raised in Benin; one would expect that naturally i'll fall in line with those screaming "it's our turn", but my dear, it is time to show Patriotism. PDP destroyed Nigeria. Changing "devils" isn't a bad idea, so long we don't keep one "devil" forever.

----

Don't deceive yourself. Buhari himself is not driven by patriotism. He is driven by vaulting ambition. PDP did not destroy Nigeria. Buhari and his friends did in1983 when they stole power and arrested our development. Imo, Lagos and Bendel had visionary leadership then but Buhari's ambition killed the vision.

Somebody who spit on democracy should not benefit from democracy the real patriots fought for. How did Buhari even become a cult figure politically? Sharia.With his sharia sentiments, he got the hearts of the millions of alimajiris whose brains have been programmed to believe that sharia is the truth. So, to them, anybody that supports Sharia is supporting the truth: Hence Buhari became ' Mai Gaskiya', loosly meaning the Man/father of truth.

So, APC is not fielding Buhari because they believe he can turnaround Nigeria. They are fielding him because of the belief that he can get the votes of millions of alimajiris that he helped pauperised. Ask yourself what Buhari achieved in 1983-85 (as a young President) in terms education, health, housing and manufacturing. Nothing. He was busy flogging people who were not standing in queues. Is that development?

Wake up and smell the coffea and stop being idealistic and falling for romanticism peddled by power hungry piliticians and perpertuated by a turncoat media.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by mcquin(m): 12:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

----

Don't deceive yourself. Buhari himself is not driven by patriotism. He is driven by vaulting ambition. PDP did not destroy Nigeria. Buhari and his friends did in1983 when they stole power and arrested our development. Imo, Lagos and Bendel had visionary leadership then but Buhari's ambition killed the vision.

Somebody who spit on democracy should not benefit from democracy the real patriots fought for. How did Buhari even become a cult figure politically? Sharia.With his sharia sentiments, he got the hearts of the millions of alimajiris whose brains have been programmed to believe that sharia is the truth. So, to them, anybody that supports Sharia is supporting the truth: Hence Buhari became ' Mai Gaskiya', loosly meaning the Man/father of truth.

So, APC is not fielding Buhari because they believe he can turnaround Nigeria. They are fielding him because of the belief that he can get the votes of millions of alimajiris that he helped pauperised. Ask yourself what Buhari achieved in 1983-85 (as a young President) in terms education, health, housing and manufacturing. Nothing. He was busy flogging people who were not standing in queues. Is that development?

Wake up and smell the coffea and stop being idealistic and falling for romanticism peddled by power hungry piliticians and perpertuated by a turncoat media.

Get it, some military regimes are better than democracy. The democracy we had then was flawed and it needed to be arrested. J Rawlings did same and Ghana remains thankful to him.

That said one would agree that APC needs Buhari because of his political might in the North and yes I support it. To change this government we need numbers which only Buhari can provide for now. The starting point is changing the PDP led government, no matter how little such change may be.

In Buhari's time we could point to Nigerians being decent and respecting Law and order; the spate of insecurity cannot compare to what we have today; same for the value of naira and CORRUPTION which Jonathan actively and passively condones. Na just 2yrs rule be that compared to Jonathan's 5yrs.

Ask yourself this, does Jonathan still have the fan base and sympathy he had in 2011? Atleast I and my Mom voted for Jonathan. But lately I called my mom to tell her about Jonathan buying or exchanging new Jets and she started cursing him. So what really changed? How come it seems PDP enthusiast are struggling hard to convince us to vote him?
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sibabasibaba1: 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
mcquin:

Get it, some military regimes are better than democracy. The democracy we had then was flawed and it needed to be arrested. J Rawlings did same and Ghana remains thankful to him.

That said one would agree that APC needs Buhari because of his political might in the North and yes I support it. To change this government we need numbers which only Buhari can provide for now. The starting point is changing the PDP led government, no matter how little such change may be.

In Buhari's time we could point to Nigerians being decent and respecting Law and order; the spate of insecurity cannot compare to what we have today; same for the value of naira and CORRUPTION which Jonathan actively and passively condones. Na just 2yrs rule be that compared to Jonathan's 5yrs.

Ask yourself this, does Jonathan still have the fan base and sympathy he had in 2011? Atleast I and my Mom voted for Jonathan. But lately I called my mom to tell her about Jonathan buying or exchanging new Jets and she started cursing him. So what really changed? How come it seems PDP enthusiast are struggling hard to convince us to vote him?

---

The mere fact that Buhari did not give Nigerians the opportunity to vote out NPN in 1987 when he criminally stole power in 1983 makes it unjustifiable for him to ask Nigerians now to vote for him to replace a government that is 'corrupt'. Why is he not calling for a coup. Value the naira is not Jonathan's making. it is as a result of our over-dependence on oil. Oil dependent nations like Venezuela and Russia have had their currency hit. As long as the price of oil continues to fall, the naira will continue to fall. There are no two ways about it. Even Buhari's government depended totally on oil. And if your were fair, you will know that our economy since oil became our main revenue earner, is more diversified than ever. If not because of the little diversification, naira will have fallen more. During Buhari's time, the price of oil was stable, yet it did not stop naira's fluctuation.

You make it sound like APC are the saints, the champions of good governance while PDP are the champions of bad governance. have you been to Zamfara or Yobe or Bornu or Kebbi or Sokoto? These are states that have been mainly under APC (as they had been governed by mainly APP/ANPP/APC) governors since 1999? How has education in these states improved? What of health? What of infrastructure. I served in Sokoto when democracy returned to Nigeria. Last year when I was homw, I visited Zamfara, Sokoto and Kebbi and nothing has changed. The same Alimajiri filled the streets. What of Lagos-the golden 'boy' of APC? With all its money, potable water is still a luxury. People living in Ijaniki, Ajamgbadi, Ayobo Ipaja, Iyana Oba, Ikotun, Egbeda, Idimu, Nanti, Amukoko and Ajegunle still do not feel the presence of government in the past 16 years. So, what are you talking about? What of Fayemi-one of the very best of APC? What did he achieve as a governor? He could not pay salaries and was buying a bed for N50m (of course I know it is exaggerated but it may not be far from the real cost)? Leave that stuff. No politician cares for you.

Even if APC has Fashola and Oshiomhole (both of whom have failed in this their second terms), PDP also have Chime and Akpabio. Chime, apart from his personal scandals (like his wife issue and the impeachment of his former deputy) is one hell of a manager. He doesn't make noise in the media like Fashola and Oshiomole but that guy has performed extremely well (by Nigerian standard). I was in Enugu last year and I was impressed. The guy doesn't even 'commission' projects carried out by his government. Project is done, it is done. No need for ceremonies to waste. Yet, Enugu's money from the federal purse might not be up to what Ikeja alone makes for Fashola. I graduated from UNIUYO 15 years ago. Then, Uyo was a glorified village. Akwa Ibom bought everything it needed from Aba. There was no where you could by electronics in Akwa Ibom then. Aba was like Europe for them. But last year, I went to see friends in Uyo and I missed my road. The city is one of the most beautiful in Nigeria now. Totally transformed. So, forget the APC media hype. What cries in APC also cries in PDP.

You are calling for military government. Ever heard of the saying that the worst democracy is better than the best military government? There is nothing like freedom. That you can call Jonathan names shows how free you are as a person. Buhari you so much adore limited that freedom. In fact, he promulgated a decree making it a crime for journalists to report anything that embarrasses the government, including corruption. I was in China (though not run by the military but has a 'quasi-military' govt) last year for a conference and found that I could not use facebook. They do not also have a free press. Come off it, no to anything that will limit your freedom. You talk about Rawlings and how he sanitised Ghana. Sure, you don't know about the corruption perpetrated under Rawlings. Read up how his wife, amassed wealth through her 31st December Women’s Movement and Rawlings looked the other way. I never knew about this. I taught Rawlings abhorred corruption until last year when I was in Ghana during the period I visited Nigeria. I was a the University of Ghana, Legon for a conference. During a discussion with my friend, the vice rector of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (we met in London about 10 years ago when we were doing graduate programmes. He was doing a PhD and I master's), I told him how lucky Ghana was to have a patriot like Rawlings. My friend laughed. Eventhough he belonged to the same political party with Rawlings, he told me how the man allowed corruption to fester during his time, referring me to the wife's 31st December Women Movement. I retired to my hotel and googled 'Mrs Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings and corruption'. It was then that I joined Ghana's Ayi Kwei Armah to say that indeed, 'The beautiful ones are not yet born'.

I like your optimism and idealism. But do know that your Buhari is no savior but another power hungry politician whose power base is those who insist that 'our turn was stolen'. Now, the have teamed up with some utterly corrupt ambitious godfathers who are now using the media (which they once used to tell us what Buhari really is: Democracy destroyer and tribal/religious bigot) to convince people like you that Buhari is the long awaited messiah who will deliver Nigeria from all her troubles.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by olajide8(m): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

---

The mere fact that Buhari did not give Nigerians the opportunity to vote out NPN in 1987 when he criminally stole power in 1983 makes it unjustifiable for him to ask Nigerians now to vote for him to replace a government that is 'corrupt'. Why is he not calling for a coup. Value the naira is not Jonathan's making. it is as a result of our over-dependence on oil. Oil dependent nations like Venezuela and Russia have had their currency hit. As long as the price of oil continues to fall, the naira will continue to fall. There are no two ways about it. Even Buhari's government depended totally on oil. And if your were fair, you will know that our economy since oil became our main revenue earner, is more diversified than ever. If not because of the little diversification, naira will have fallen more. During Buhari's time, the price of oil was stable, yet it did not stop naira's fluctuation.

You make it sound like APC are the saints, the champions of good governance while PDP are the champions of bad governance. have you been to Zamfara or Yobe or Bornu or Kebbi or Sokoto? These are states that have been mainly under APC (as they had been governed by mainly APP/ANPP/APC) governors since 1999? How has education in these states improved? What of health? What of infrastructure. I served in Sokoto when democracy returned to Nigeria. Last year when I was homw, I visited Zamfara, Sokoto and Kebbi and nothing has changed. The same Alimajiri filled the streets. What of Lagos-the golden 'boy' of APC? With all its money, potable water is still a luxury. People living in Ijaniki, Ajamgbadi, Ayobo Ipaja, Iyana Oba, Ikotun, Egbeda, Idimu, Nanti, Amukoko and Ajegunle still do not feel the presence of government in the past 16 years. So, what are you talking about? What of Fayemi-one of the very best of APC? What did he achieve as a governor? He could not pay salaries and was buying a bed for N50m (of course I know it is exaggerated but it may not be far from the real cost)? Leave that stuff. No politician cares for you.

Even if APC has Fashola and Oshiomhole (both of whom have failed in this their second terms), PDP also have Chime and Akpabio. Chime, apart from his personal scandals (like his wife issue and the impeachment of his former deputy) is one hell of a manager. He doesn't make noise in the media like Fashola and Oshiomole but that guy has performed extremely well (by Nigerian standard). I was in Enugu last year and I was impressed. The guy doesn't even 'commission' projects carried out by his government. Project is done, it is done. No need for ceremonies to waste. Yet, Enugu's money from the federal purse might not be up to what Ikeja alone makes for Fashola. I graduated from UNIUYO 15 years ago. Then, Uyo was a glorified village. Akwa Ibom bought everything it needed from Aba. There was no where you could by electronics in Akwa Ibom then. Aba was like Europe for them. But last year, I went to see friends in Uyo and I missed my road. The city is one of the most beautiful in Nigeria now. Totally transformed. So, forget the APC media hype. What cries in APC also cries in PDP.

You are calling for military government. Ever heard of the saying that the worst democracy is better than the best military government? There is nothing like freedom. That you can call Jonathan names shows how free you are as a person. Buhari you so much adore limited that freedom. In fact, he promulgated a decree making it a crime for journalists to report anything that embarrasses the government, including corruption. I was in China (though not run by the military but has a 'quasi-military' govt) last year for a conference and found that I could not use facebook. They do not also have a free press. Come off it, no to anything that will limit your freedom. You talk about Rawlings and how he sanitised Ghana. Sure, you don't know about the corruption perpetrated under Rawlings. Read up how his wife, amassed wealth through her 31st December Women’s Movement and Rawlings looked the other way. I never knew about this. I taught Rawlings abhorred corruption until last year when I was in Ghana during the period I visited Nigeria. I was a the University of Ghana, Legon for a conference. During a discussion with my friend, the vice rector of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (we met in London about 10 years ago when we were doing graduate programmes. He was doing a PhD and I master's), I told him how lucky Ghana was to have a patriot like Rawlings. My friend laughed. Eventhough he belonged to the same political party with Rawlings, he told me how the man allowed corruption to fester during his time, referring me to the wife's 31st December Women Movement. I retired to my hotel and googled 'Mrs Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings and corruption'. It was then that I joined Ghana's Ayi Kwei Armah to say that indeed, 'The beautiful ones are not yet born'.

I like your optimism and idealism. But do know that your Buhari is no savior but another power hungry politician whose power base is those who insist that 'our turn was stolen'. Now, the have teamed up with some utterly corrupt ambitious godfathers who are now using the media (which they once used to tell us what Buhari really is: Democracy destroyer and tribal/religious bigot) to convince people like you that Buhari is the long awaited messiah who will deliver Nigeria from all her troubles.

Hmm* it's a shame, the epistle you wrote was so long with only one feature- denigrating the image of buhari to supposedly create a good image of your GEJ- I would fault you because, it's certain you are lost and like I said on - one thread even the devil has followers - some people find it hard to believe that a person that has the access to the Internet would not be honest and objective- who would beat you for being honest? I seriously don't know if you are related to abati or okupe - but it smells over your write up- the same condition that doesn't make you see (poverty) that a government would borrow money to create employment, generations would pay back with interest- or for infrastructure development- but the money earned from the sales -supposedly from oil and VAT - taxes paid by nigerian's is taken and used to buy stoves, our currency is devalued and your GEJ is trading in planes with 400m - he misfires with statements like corruption is not stealing, PDP has made many billionaires with less then 2% owning industries- not one case of corruption has been persecuted and no offender jailed- a rebasing of the economy and all friends of the government praising him for putting data which was in existence prior to his assumption of office in place- tompolo buying gun boats for the government-(ammunition sellers believe a militant is more dependable to do business with) a government that would in one move break 3 international criminal laws in one day with one flight $15m arms deal - with asari leading the way! A government that would buy N9.2b stoves- own 9-10 jets in the presidential fleet and a minister of petroleum would hire a jet for N10b - a president that would say if $20b is missing from nigeria the government of another country would be able to trace it and know where it is- till date nothing has been done* a government that was reactive to ebola and took God's grace and innocent Dr adedavoh life and the lagos state government to teach the world how to tackle the virus- the fund to battle ebola was used to buy utility vehicles instead of curbing the solving the issue- while trying to take credit for doing nothing- a government that increased the price of fuel and said they are privatising and the economy would collapse if they dont- (has the economy collapsed?) only to establish sure-p, a government that indirectly raised privatised the power sector while, still giving money to the so called power operators- immediately after the death of Yar-adua, the powerlines remain as they were uncompleted and abandoned - they are still increasing the electricity tariff - if you can't see because of your ethnocentric bigotism, please hold your peace and never ever bare your opinion in public - you are insulting all of us that are sane and educated-
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sibabasibaba1: 2:53am On Dec 31, 2014
olajide8:

Hmm* it's a shame, the epistle you wrote was so long with only one feature- denigrating the image of buhari to supposedly create a good image of your GEJ- I would fault you because, it's certain you are lost and like I said on - one thread even the devil has followers - some people find it hard to believe that a person that has the access to the Internet would not be honest and objective- who would beat you for being honest? I seriously don't know if you are related to abati or okupe - but it smells over your write up- the same condition that doesn't make you see (poverty) that a government would borrow money to create employment, generations would pay back with interest- or for infrastructure development- but the money earned from the sales -supposedly from oil and VAT - taxes paid by nigerian's is taken and used to buy stoves, our currency is devalued and your GEJ is trading in planes with 400m - he misfires with statements like corruption is not stealing, PDP has made many billionaires with less then 2% owning industries- not one case of corruption has been persecuted and no offender jailed- a rebasing of the economy and all friends of the government praising him for putting data which was in existence prior to his assumption of office in place- tompolo buying gun boats for the government-(ammunition sellers believe a militant is more dependable to do business with) a government that would in one move break 3 international criminal laws in one day with one flight $15m arms deal - with asari leading the way! A government that would buy N9.2b stoves- own 9-10 jets in the presidential fleet and a minister of petroleum would hire a jet for N10b - a president that would say if $20b is missing from nigeria the government of another country would be able to trace it and know where it is- till date nothing has been done* a government that was reactive to ebola and took God's grace and innocent Dr adedavoh life and the lagos state government to teach the world how to tackle the virus- the fund to battle ebola was used to buy utility vehicles instead of curbing the solving the issue- while trying to take credit for doing nothing- a government that increased the price of fuel and said they are privatising and the economy would collapse if they dont- (has the economy collapsed?) only to establish sure-p, a government that indirectly raised privatised the power sector while, still giving money to the so called power operators- immediately after the death of Yar-adua, the powerlines remain as they were uncompleted and abandoned - they are still increasing the electricity tariff - if you can't see because of your ethnocentric bigotism, please hold your peace and never ever bare your opinion in public - you are insulting all of us that are sane and educated-

---

Are you allergic to punctuation? I am still trying to decipher what you have written here.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Adminisher: 7:31am On Dec 31, 2014
GboyegaD:
I give up on Jonathan. With the level of poverty in the country this guy still acts as though he doesn't have a brain.

It is not acting. The guy's brain has been bypassed.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by olajide8(m): 8:06am On Dec 31, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

---

Are you allergic to punctuation? I am still trying to decipher what you have written here.

Manage* when bagga-dash!!! is flashed in my face -I go on a burst, before I finally cool down, and if I don't cool down- I just post- I should believe the statement, leader of tomorrow doesn't exist in your lexicon, if not?you would frown at what your handlers are doing, except probably you are paid to disgrace yourself, and since you do not even live in our world, who are you to contribute to political and economic affairs on nairaland- your statement is also a proof, to the fact that- you are not matured enough to manage yourself- because you would sell yourself short. Grow up and mature, then come back to nairaland to post- I would recommend jokes section and romance* and possibly travels and tours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sibabasibaba1: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2014
olajide8:

Manage* when bagga-dash!!! is flashed in my face -I go on a burst, before I finally cool down, and if I don't cool down- I just post- I should believe the statement, leader of tomorrow doesn't exist in your lexicon, if not?you would frown at what your handlers are doing, except probably you are paid to disgrace yourself, and since you do not even live in our world, who are you to contribute to political and economic affairs on nairaland- your statement is also a proof, to the fact that- you are not matured enough to manage yourself- because you would sell yourself short. Grow up and mature, then come back to nairaland to post- I would recommend jokes section and romance* and possibly travels and tours

--
Communicate, please.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 02, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

You can't even spell 'quote'. Poverty of the mind is very dangerous, you have a problem but you don't know it exists. Its not our leaders that are the problem but our followers like you.

at least you got the sense of what i said, that saharareporters are bias in news reporting and i assume that from your primary to your current educational level, you perform excellently in both spoken and written English language.

Grazie mille.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
eye4eye:
Jonathan is cursed! Dem swear for the man to make sure this country bankrupt ni? Nine presidential aircraft, yet he still want more. It takes 500 million naira to maintain nine presidential jets in the last budget.

Do u really think only one person uses a nations presidential jets??

Think again.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by omonnakoda: 1:46pm On May 22, 2020
We need that cash now
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by omonnakoda: 2:27pm On May 22, 2020

Do u really think only one person uses a nations presidential jets??

Think again.
A nation's presidential jets

You make it sound as if this is standard for all nations

How many nations have them?

Can we afford them?
Borrow borrow nation

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kaduna Refinery Begins Daily Supply Of 3.2 Million Litres Of Petrol / Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says / I Still Cook For Husband -aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.