Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet (28975 Views)

Lagos Government To Buy New Helicopter / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Coolguy89(m): 7:44am On Dec 24, 2014
GboyegaD:
I give up on Jonathan. With the level of poverty in the country this guy still acts as though he doesn't have a brain.
he is just a thief,I really hate dis man wit passion

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by GISTForum: 7:45am On Dec 24, 2014
ng

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 24, 2014
For those who want to contribute to Buhari Campain. here is the account. First Bank account number: 2026724405. Account Name: BUHARI SUPPORT ORGANISATION
Minimum contribute is hundred naira

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Uncletony(m): 7:46am On Dec 24, 2014
Some of u cant even read before comenting!..so pathetic!! Nigerian youths nawa ooo. It is unfortunate that most of u dnt knw wat it means to be d commander in-chief of armed forces of a big country like nigeria!..mtchew..
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 24, 2014
arsetalks:
Don't get deceived by his silly point. If we are talking of saving cost, then they should be selling off some of the jets in the presidential fleet. That's the true austerity.

Indeed....that's something they(the govt) should consider.

I hope our next budget would be budget of savings, savings, savings!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Greatomotoy: 7:46am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

If the government cannot show signs of cost savings at this critical economic downturn, it is a pity.

Can we start scrutinising all State Government budget as well, ?

Honestly, our leaders are extremely WICKED!
i like this ur unbaised comment. from pdp to apc all of them are wicked.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by kendsage(m): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2014
Finally, the fish has swallowed jonathan.brainless jona with fish brain

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by eldoradoxx: 7:49am On Dec 24, 2014
Someone said it somewhere and I believe him; "If at this age and time, you have still have doubts on whether or not Jonathan should go, then you may never realise the change you desire for this country" in a time of austerity when our economy is on a verge of collapse, Jonathan is proposing to add new jet to already 11 planes fleet of Presidential air fleet. It is no longer about Buhari and Jonathan, it is about the fact that Jonathan has failed and is bent on bringing this country down and we need urgent rescue from our collective mistake of 2011.

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 24, 2014
I believe this is propaganda by APC dem...u know dey won spoil gej 2nd term with stuffs like dis and boko.....

No one ll do dis at this crucial time.
Tink deep.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sormeh: 7:50am On Dec 24, 2014
I'm sure right-thinking Nigerians can't wait for the election to flush out this ------- out of government. (can't even find a right adjective to qualify this mindless zombie).

it's enough!

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 24, 2014
will they tax this jet?

the man and his aides are beyond daft - with an election round the corner and the economy in tatters, they are doing this?
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Lucasbalo(m): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2014
Even the Great U S of A has two Presidential jets. One for the President and the other one for decoy and backup. That's a very wealthy country talk less of a country that's third world. I pray to high heaven, Nigerians will do the right thing and send this inept kleptomanic and corrupt one back to Wherever he comes from. Good riddance to Nigeria's worst nightmare.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sibabasibaba1: 7:53am On Dec 24, 2014
FrankC3:
From this article, despite frantic efforts by SH to sound alarmist, it is still very clear that no new jet is being purchased, rather a trade in is being done for one of the available jets. For those who know, in such procurements, manufacturer trade in could be aimed at achieving sustained warranty support, equipment and spare parts availability and to save money in the long run. It is often more expensive to maintain an older model of a product than to trade it in for a new one with better features. That is part of why firms change even official cars after 3 years most times.

Is the size of the Nigeriam Government large, yes! Is this particular procurement a wastage, we do not have enough information to say yet. During budget defence, the leader of Presidential Airfleet will be on ground to present his reasons and APC NASS members will have their chance to engage in logic and not all this emotional outburst by farmiliar handles on NL.

---------------

SH will always sound alarmist, just to tar the president in bad paint. And the anti-GEJ brigade will amplify it. Nobody will even care to understand what a trade in is. As you explained, trading in an old aircraft for a new one is generally cheaper in the long run than to keep maintaining the old one. On the basis of that, this transaction can not be considered a waste--unless there is more to it than we are being told.

None will even read this story to see that in the budgetary allocation for food in the presidency has decreased considerably. I bet you tomorrow, someone will write in Nairaland that the presidency spends N1bn on food. Many of them will not also care to know that a lot of departments are under the presidency. To them, presidency is just the president and vice president.

Having said that, the cost of governance is huge in our country--at every level. A lot of waste that would have been channeled into better things.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Greatomotoy: 7:53am On Dec 24, 2014
bigwallace:
Am not sure of the authenticity of this news,cos I bliv no sane govt will do this!!
a govt that budget N4b for presidential fleet and anoda N3.8 for local and international travel is wicked. the only reason i wil vote buhari is because of his anti corruption campaigne.

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by yetunsbay(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

If the government cannot show signs of cost savings at this critical economic downturn, it is a pity.

Can we start scrutinising all State Government budget as well, ?

Honestly, our leaders are extremely WICKED!
I bet if the head is good other part will be better

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by bigwallace(m): 7:57am On Dec 24, 2014
Greatomotoy:
a govt that budget N4b for presidential fleet and anoda N3.8 for local and international travel is wicked. the only reason i wil vote buhari is because of his anti corruption campaigne.
pdp bankrupting nigeria since the days of obasanjo,nd dey will be blaming it on fuel subsidy

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by akinsadeez(m): 7:59am On Dec 24, 2014
martynsnet:

Finally someone with a thinking cap on, was going to point it out but don't want NL's going bananas on me.

But bro, did you read the part where it is stated that the trade in will still involve Nigeria paying 400 million naira as deposit. That is almost half a billion being paid as deposit meaning there will still be further payments ( to an amount we cant determine). What sense does it make to pay that much to upgrade a plane in a presidential fleet that already has eleven planes and is one of the most luxurious in the world.

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 24, 2014
There is absolutely no need for 10 Presidential jets! This is pure squander mania

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by seangy4konji: 8:04am On Dec 24, 2014
I would have loved him trek bro.
Beesluv:
That's the jet that will take him back to otueke in 2015

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by soarz(m): 8:06am On Dec 24, 2014
I hear make una vote. there is God oooo

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by baybiemee: 8:09am On Dec 24, 2014
Vote out this mega cluelessness now.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by humilitypays(m): 8:10am On Dec 24, 2014
FrankC3:
From this article, despite frantic efforts by SH to sound alarmist, it is still very clear that no new jet is being purchased, rather a trade in is being done for one of the available jets. For those who know, in such procurements, manufacturer trade in could be aimed at achieving sustained warranty support, equipment and spare parts availability and to save money in the long run. It is often more expensive to maintain an older model of a product than to trade it in for a new one with better features. That is part of why firms change even official cars after 3 years most times.

Is the size of the Nigeriam Government large, yes! Is this particular procurement a wastage, we do not have enough information to say yet. During budget defence, the leader of Presidential Airfleet will be on ground to present his reasons and APC NASS members will have their chance to engage in logic and not all this emotional outburst by farmiliar handles on NL.
When you read an intelligent person's comment, you will know. Most people on nairaland don't understand the cost implication of keeping an old aircraft. Poor men spend more on mechanical items than rich men, why? Because a poor man will buy a bicycle for N10,000 and use it for 5yrs and spend N25,000 on maintenance of the old wrecked bicycle, instead of using it for say 2 years to trade it in for a new one in order to cut maintenance cost.

But a rich man will buy same bicycle for N10,000 and use it for 2 years and trades it in b4 it starts developing unpredictable mechanical faults that will cost much to maintain, and then acquire a new bicycle for N12,000 and spend say N5,000 only on maintaining the old one b4 he traded it in.

If do the arithmetic, the rich man spent: N10,000 + N5,000 + N12,000 = N27,000 to own a clean bicycle for 2 years, whereas a poor man thinking he is prudent and wise in spending, spends: N10,000 + N25,000 = N35,000 to own a wrecked bicycle for 5years.

Dear nigerian youths, let's stop all these sentimental cursing and abuse of our own national president pls. OBJ was so horrible a president but Nigerians didn't curse and abuse his office like Goodluck, pls why all these hate for this man?

Goodluck is doing his best but our country has been totally destroyed by past leaders and won't take 6 years or even 10yrs to repair pls.

Let's reason well and stop allowing these wicked politicians claiming they are the new change to incite us against one another while they party and merry with their children somewhere.

Let's criticise Goodluck or any other Nigeria's president with respect and wisdom pls for the good our nation.

Don't kill your fellow citizens; whether Hausa, Ijaw, Igbo, Yoruba, Tiv, Bini, etc come next year for anyone.

If Goodluck wins, fine for him, if Buhari wins, fine for him. Let's warn our friends and mates ahead pls. Violence will only kill us the youths while the politicians enjoy more!

Let's be wise. Thanks

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by LaurelP(m): 8:10am On Dec 24, 2014
That's wat u get when u elect a clueless slowpoke as president

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by kenock: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2014
My president is a big man, I don't give a poo to all these political propagandas, long live GEJ as he fly arround the world. If I where him, oooh my gush, when flying on the sky, I open the door of the luxurus mega jet and pour spit on them APC house
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by MKO4ever(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

Have you heard the NASS reject any of such requests
Perhaps if YOU are not clueless you should find out why they have not rejected such up till now! Or is that not what a smart person who is keen on this matter would do shocked

Lest I forget the NASS is made up of a sizeable number of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC representatTHIEVES and SINators!
Especially the HoR where the president's choice for Speaker was REJECTED in favour of that of the APC collusion!!!

Any chance to actually use that grey matter in the medulla oblongata angry

Simply put; you are confused!!!

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by d33types: 8:15am On Dec 24, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Good explanation (and your point is taken...and I gave you a like), but still, Government must find ways to reduce cost.

As things stand....all levels of Government are overbloated....and need to be de-bloated.(my words).

What good explanation? you two faced dude?with a fleet of about 9 jets already?what about selling off the oolder ones?how many does the U.S. govt run for their presidency?

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by olajide8(m): 8:16am On Dec 24, 2014
The naira has been devalued, with no buffer, the minister of finance is still planning or maybe lying to plan on how they would put in austerity measures to manage the economy, salaries are being owed, S.A and P.A of the president are looting and doing projects that do not add value to the common man- they are still galavanting the whole world- the price of oil is dropping- and the subsidy is not dropping, projects are being done on paper and with the word of mouth as first class projects to be delivered in 25yrs and 30yrs - the presidential fleet has 10jets they want to trade in one and spend more on a new one- why don't they just start another nigerian airways- the masses are suffering whereas the presidency uses N1b to eat, too many misplaced priorities - they also says corruption is not stealing That's how we know people that cheated in school, nothing dey dem head- only WATER!! and that they have made a few Nigerians close to them billionaires with out manufacturing companies and reciprocating industrialization A disgrace to Doctorate degree holders- ha let me not forget N9.2b for stoves - what a shame! Uncle Doyin and GEJ mis-yarning left right and center as if they are high on w.eed Plz, baba God send this incompetent group to their villages* the havoc they have recked as a group would really take us sometime to correct as some people have been so bast.ardized that they see mediocrity and incompetence and shout Cluelessness to 2019!!! May God visit the enemies of nigeria- with this kind of incompetent person- sometimes when I see the defence people put up, for this govt., it marvels me- do we even need as much as 9-10jets in the presidential airfleet - my answer NO! Why do we have them and a minister of petroleum would go and hire N10b jet NNPC funds and still take the house to court that they can't surmon her to face them? The structure of govt is clear- one makes laws the other administers and manages the economy based on their own belief's - that's why a NASS cannot stop the presidency from buying stoves and a jet- trade in yes - when the jets were being brought an open govt., would put all the objectives and warrants in public space for debate- and not tell us that it's a trade in when theu are adding another N400m to the so called trade in

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by humilitypays(m): 8:16am On Dec 24, 2014
LaurelP:
That's wat u get when u elect a clueless slowpoke as president
This is wrong! Calling your president, the king of your land...a man the gods and God are behind as the king isn't a good practice! We maybe attrating generational curse on ourselves without knowing.

Respect the king of your land and let God and those in the decision making position to call the king to order.

Pls desist from cursing any king (good or bad) for your own good. Many forces are observing our daily actions in life, don't let what others are chanting lead u astray or incite u against someone even when u have little or no grieve against them.

Pls no offense intended.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by angelsing(m): 8:17am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

Another addition to Presidential Fleet

What kind of extravagant lifestyle is this angry

Let me assume it is just a budget and not planned to be actualize undecided
Did someone hacked ur account?...please is this the same firefire Pro GEJ?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Profile Of Henry Ikemefuna C. Obih - New CEO NNPC Downstream / Enugu Completes First Customary Court Of Appeal Headquarters / Banditry: Kebbi Govt Remodels SUVs Into Armoured Personnel Carriers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.