Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet (28969 Views)

Lagos Government To Buy New Helicopter / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 9:26am On Dec 24, 2014
100Cents:

A presidential jet cannot be less than a $40m (N8bn) gulfstream business jet. Now N400m(the advance payment) is mentioned to deceive the feeble minded.

Laughing at the understanding of some readers..

I trust only God. I am subject to mistakes( actions with unknown results ).

I also trust God but also rely on FULL details before making conclusions.

Relying on half-baked information from suspicious sauces that may be tainted by diabolic propaganda agenda is not a laughing matter.

Abi what do you think
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Demdem(m): 9:27am On Dec 24, 2014
martynsnet:

My good friend, we are not fighting. we simply have a different opinion to this issue, which I believe is 100% normal. I am only being objective rather than carrying a placard with an inscription "crucify the President".

Am sorry to say that u are far from being objective.
Ur biase in favour of Jonathan won't allow u to.
No country in the world under austerity purchases or trade in executive jets yet u claim Nigeria doing such is understandable.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by bondingman: 9:28am On Dec 24, 2014
arsetalks:
Austerity should be selling of some of the private jets.

Do you agree he already has 9? If yes, please name us countries in the whole who have so much private jets in their airfleet. Please do.
This answers your question.
The Nigerian Air Force currently maintains a Boeing Business Jet (737) as a means of transport for the President of Nigeria. The plane is also known as "Eagle One" and is marked NAF-001. The national colors of the Nigerian Flag (Green, White, Green), are painted in long horizontal stripes along the base of the white fuselage, the words "NIGERIAN AIR FORCE" are tagged on the top, and the Seal of the President of Nigeria is embossed on the tail. In addition, there is a Gulfstream V-SP, a Gulfstream 550, two Falcon 7Xs, a Do228-200, and 3 A139 choppers. The Falcon 900s (two), a GIV-SP, and G II were all sold. A Citation Bravo and Hawker 800 were returned to the Air Force.

Other questions u should ask yourself is who purchased this fleet n who sold some of them?
Give GEJ a break blame d constitution that abacha promulgated. When GEJ in his early tenure proposed a cut in money allocated to d president office n other political office holders NASS inclusive, d NASS outrageously kicked against it. If he's actually asked for a trade in of this aircraft I'm definitely sure its to reduce cost. You'll b amazed to know how much people in government use to maintain some cars for a year- its an avenue to loot, u would even advice they trade it in for new ones

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 24, 2014
martynsnet:

Thank you so much for the calm way u responded, that was very matured of you. I respect it when people argue reasonably. now if I may contribute from my own understanding. First the Nigerian govt. is not buying a new jet, but trading it in for a new one. bringing it down a bit, if you buy a car from a car company and over time you find the car not to be of the standard you require, you can take it back to them and ask for another type, then pay whatever balance of difference it is with the new one, it is more economical than buying a new car.

Next question is, why would the president want to replace a jet at this critical time of our economy, same reason why you would want to change the car, it could be faulty and considering the cost of maintaining it, its better to trade it in now than wait for an accident or keep incurring maintenance bill.

But is N400 million not too much? That's just a bit short of $3 million, considering one of the least of the presidential jets is a Falcon which cost $50 million, I think it will be cheaper to trade it in than raising another $50 million for a new Falcon.

But we already have about 7 jets? Yes, but they serve different purpose, among the fleet is a Boeing 747 then called Victor 1, don't know if its still in service, but you cant use a Boeing 747 to fly the president and maybe 3 aids from Abuja to Port Harcourt, that will be wastage, so you use a Falcon or something smaller instead. Now when the President lands in Port Harcourt and say he wants to go to Bayelsa, then he uses a chopper. But if he wants to go to say America with a 30 man delegates, then he needs the Boeing 747.

Also these Jets are available to the Vice President and other top officials. Just my humble contribution.
The Presidency/FG don't need more than 5 jets. I'd recommend they buy 3 B787 Dreamliners, retain the B737 BJ, and 1 Gulfstream jet. The Dreamliners can fly farther and use less fuel than even the BBJ.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by betterabia: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2014
The BPE will soon privatize the presidential jets.

watch out

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by mcquin(m): 9:30am On Dec 24, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

---------------

SH will always sound alarmist, just to tar the president in bad paint. And the anti-GEJ brigade will amplify it. Nobody will even care to understand what a trade in is. As you explained, trading in an old aircraft for a new one is generally cheaper in the long run than to keep maintaining the old one. On the basis of that, this transaction can not be considered a waste--unless there is more to it than we are being told.

None will even read this story to see that in the budgetary allocation for food in the presidency has decreased considerably. I bet you tomorrow, someone will write in Nairaland that the presidency spends N1bn on food. Many of them will not also care to know that a lot of departments are under the presidency. To them, presidency is just the president and vice president.

Having said that, the cost of governance is huge in our country--at every level. A lot of waste that would have been channeled into better things.

Y the many departments in President's house, na so Obama get many departments? Most of you supporting GEJ don't know how senile you sound.

Most persons are not sure of surviving tomorrow(security gbege) let alone know what to eat next, yet a president eats 1billion naira. And yes did you see how much was spent on the President's daughter's wedding? Come tell me say the wedding get differnt departments na. Mtwee!

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 24, 2014
fluxview:
[size=14pt]I KNOW THAT THIS NEWS IS A PROPAGANDA NEWS TO PLAY ON THE MIND OF NIGERIANS, IS IT NOT SAHARA REPORTERS, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THEM THAN YOU ARE NOT AN ONLINE READER. COTE ME, AT THE TAIL END OF THIS STORY, YOU WILL SEE THAT IT IS NOT TRUE.[/size]

You can't even spell 'quote'. Poverty of the mind is very dangerous, you have a problem but you don't know it exists. Its not our leaders that are the problem but our daft followers like you.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 24, 2014
fluxview:
[size=14pt]I KNOW THAT THIS NEWS IS A PROPAGANDA NEWS TO PLAY ON THE MIND OF NIGERIANS, IS IT NOT SAHARA REPORTERS, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THEM THAN YOU ARE NOT AN ONLINE READER. COTE ME, AT THE TAIL END OF THIS STORY, YOU WILL SEE THAT IT IS NOT TRUE.[/size]

You can't even spell 'quote'. Poverty of the mind is very dangerous, you have a problem but you don't know it exists. Its not our leaders that are the problem but our followers like you.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Revolva(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2014
seethe type of president una get ....Nigeria ...this man should get out of this seat i beg

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by musaffyan(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2014
Beesluv:
That's the jet that will take him back to otueke in 2015

Yes ma broda, d jet should take him and casava bread winners back otueke with their keggs of pammy

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by JayJustus(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2014
FrankC3:
From this article, despite frantic efforts by SH to sound alarmist, it is still very clear that no new jet is being purchased, rather a trade in is being done for one of the available jets. For those who know, in such procurements, manufacturer trade in could be aimed at achieving sustained warranty support, equipment and spare parts availability and to save money in the long run. It is often more expensive to maintain an older model of a product than to trade it in for a new one with better features. That is part of why firms change even official cars after 3 years most times.

Is the size of the Nigeriam Government large, yes! Is this particular procurement a wastage, we do not have enough information to say yet. During budget defence, the leader of Presidential Airfleet will be on ground to present his reasons and APC NASS members will have their chance to engage in logic and not all this emotional outburst by farmiliar handles on NL.

did you actually take up your phone, tablet or PC to post this trash?? do you think with your yansh or penis?? you are definitely delusional...you need a shrink...

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by JayJustus(m): 9:34am On Dec 24, 2014
Sacluxpaint:

You can't even spell 'quote'. Poverty of the mind is very dangerous, you have a problem but you don't know it exists. Its not our leaders that are the problem but our followers like you.

he's heading for Cote d'ivore after he takes a connecting flight from OTUOKE ...
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by dvee2: 9:34am On Dec 24, 2014
SirFrank1477:
Jonathan have lost it all,he is totally confused.our oil is falling down in the market,the economy is crumbling.and his main priority is getting another presidential jet.I pity my country and those that keep saying GEJ till 2019.that man called Jonathan have failed us.even thou is only one vote that I have,I will give it to GMB.he is the one to pilot the affairs of this country better than GEJ the failure.

Thank u sir, and if Buhari mess up after 4 years, we send him back to Katsina. Thats what sane citizens do worldwide,not people telling us GEJ till 2025 in the midse of glarring failure

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by mcquin(m): 9:39am On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

Clueless rants are best ignored!

Pls i'm begging you, do not ignore. If indeed you have some tangible defense, I bet you won't ignore. Jokers of our time.

If my children should ask me why Nigeria remains the way it is, I know the people to point.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Montaque(m): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2014
Wow. Oga presido,oil price has fallen ooo!!!! If u haven't heard it before,hear it now.
I use to think that by now, Gej would have transferred some of the presidential jets to the Nigerian airways to revive that corporation.
I hope he remembers that moribund company(one out of the countless govt companies that has fallen into disuse)
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by bashydemy(m): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2014
But Abuja to Otuoke is not far now why do you need jet to take you there in 2015?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Orikinla(m): 9:45am On Dec 24, 2014
Beesluv:
That's the jet that will take him back to otueke in 2015

This man wan show una before he leaves.
He wants to leave Nigeria bankrupt. grin

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 24, 2014
4billion for food and travels 400million for new jet. we need change
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by bondingman: 9:47am On Dec 24, 2014
dvee2:

Thank u sir, and if Buhari mess up after 4 years, we send him back to Katsina. Thats what sane citizens do worldwide,not people telling us GEJ till 2025 in the midse of glarring failure
In your mind u think someone like buhari will allow a free n fair election if he's a president? What obj did on elections in his time would b child's play, u don't know who buhari is! people that understood governance when he was president for 2 yrs n know the powers of d president as stipulated in d constitution wouldn't want an old general there.
I seriously believe from the way people reason had it been abacha was still alive they would have clamoured for him to contest for president after all he had d meanest anticorruption stance- singlehandedly ended 419 in Nigeria.
Let's leave all this generals that helped cripple this country go rest n look for younger vibrant leaders, if APC does that many wouldn't mind voting them in 2019 (that's bc posterity wouldn't allow buhari rule this country again).
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 9:47am On Dec 24, 2014
mcquin:

Pls i'm begging you, do not ignore. If indeed you have some tangible defense, I bet you won't ignore. Jokers of our time.

If my children should ask me why Nigeria remains the way it is, I know the people to point.

Since you missed it for whatever your motivation was, let me be kind enough to re-post:

anonimi:

Let me try to break this down to you and others who may be getting unnecessarily excited about this TRADE-IN.

a) Assuming you are going to spend N600 million on repairs and maintenance of the current jet over the next 4 years.

b) Assuming you have the option doing a TRADE-IN now for N400 million and reduced repairs & maintenance on the brand new, more fuel efficient jet of say N80 million over the next 4 years.

Will it not make better financial management sense for the lean AUSTERE times to take option (b) for a net savings of N120 million

I have simply made assumptions to simplify the issues that the decision makers could have taken into consideration.
It is over to our NASS representatives and senators to verify those details BEFORE approving this aspect of the budget.

When someone rants, you ignore.
When a valid point is raised you address it.

#Shikena
#Lobatan
#Finito

that is to say End of Discussion (EOD)
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by teadrake(m): 9:49am On Dec 24, 2014
This man just keep getting crazy day by day.What a fool we elected as GCFR

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 9:51am On Dec 24, 2014
Orikinla:

This man wan show una before he leaves.
He wants to leave Nigeria bankrupt. grin

For your reading pleasure grin grin

idumuose:

I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari
Dateline 2011

‎​Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) General Muhammdu Buhari (rtd) has said that he will not seek any elective office again after Saturday's Presidential election.

Speaking at grand finale of his electioneering campaign in Abuja yesterday, Buhari said the 2011 campaign was significant for him because it is an election in which more unambigously than the previous two, “2003 and 2007, our victory is assured as evidenced by the unprecedented turnout by people and spontaneous popular acclaim all over the country.”

“This campaign is the third and last one for me since after it I will not present myself again for election into the office of the president,” Buhari said.

While commending voters for coming out mass to vote last Saturday, the CPC presidential candidate however, said it was not good enough, “you must maintain your presence during the counting and collation of votes and announcements of results. Because you haven't done this in all cases, they have already started turning your victories into defeats."

Buhari said the “the massive rigging that took place last Saturday is unacceptable and you must not allow a repeat performance next Saturday”.

Although he did not directly talk about the failed alliance between the CPC and the Action Congress of Nigeria, the former head of state said the task of defeating the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the election is a collective one saying, “in the end we must all in unison send the PDP government packing by giving it a punch on the mouth”.
mouth
‎​

www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/old/index.php/news-news/16766-i-will-never-contest-elections-again

The same Buhari has this to say:

2015: Only death'll stop me from contesting - BUHARI -
‎​http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2015-only-deathll-stop-me-from-contesting-buhari/

I will run in 2015 - Buhari
‎​http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8559:buhari-i-will-run-in-2015&catid=54:nigeria-today&Itemid=594

Buhari: Contesting in 2015 is an obligation - Daily Trust
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/2947-buhari-contesting-in-2015-is-an-obligation
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sibabasibaba1: 9:53am On Dec 24, 2014
mcquin:

Y the many departments in President's house, na so Obama get many departments? Most of you supporting GEJ don't know how senile you sound.

Most persons are not sure of surviving tomorrow(security gbege) let alone know what to eat next, yet a president eats 1billion naira. And yes did you see how much was spent on the President's daughter's wedding? Come tell me say the wedding get differnt departments na. Mtwee!

-------

Some of you Buhari brigade members seem to be allergic to politeness. The presidency has many departments. Jonathan did not start it. Even when you god, Buhari, was in Dodan Barracks, there were many departments under his office. he had a 2iC (who had aides), he also had his own aides and he had departments that he wanted to oversee directly for optimal performance. The overall budget of all those units and departments is the budget of the presidency.

Is it huge? Yes it is and something should be don about it. If you looked at the budgets of 2013, 2014 and 2015, you will notice that the money allocated to the presidency is reducing. We will want it to reduce more. That is how it should be. If you argue this way, it is what we call constructive criticism. But if you come and make claims like the cost of the president's daughters' wedding blablabla which you do not know anything about and who even funded it, then, that is irresponsibility.

Learn to argue like a mature person. it's a virtue, not a vice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by martynsnet: 9:56am On Dec 24, 2014
CFCfan:

The Presidency/FG don't need more than 5 jets. I'd recommend they buy 3 B787 Dreamliners, retain the B737 BJ, and 1 Gulfstream jet. The Dreamliners can fly farther and use less fuel than even the BBJ.

My brother, the average Nigerian cant tell the difference, to them a jet is a jet and don't see the need to have 7 or 5. Most of these jets where purchased by previous heads of state, Mr President has opt to trade-in one of the jets at the cost of $3million- and Nigerians are crying fowl, what do you think will be their reactions if we are to go by your recommendation of buying a brand new 3 B787 Dreamliner?

Mr President is not the one that says "oh let us trade-in one of the jets", that's not how it is done. It is those who are responsible for the maintenance of these jets that in their expertise and knowledge will put forward the proposal and make the president see why it has to be done. however the image being portrayed is that the President just sits in his office and comes up with ideas on how to spend money on frivolities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by bondingman: 9:57am On Dec 24, 2014
martynsnet:

My brother, the average Nigerian cant tell the difference, to them a jet is a jet and don't see the need to have 7 or 5. Most of these jets where purchased by previous heads of state, Mr President has opt to trade-in one of the jets at the cost of $3million- and Nigerians are crying fowl, what do you think will be their reactions if we are to go by your recommendation of buying a brand new 3 B787 Dreamliner?

Mr President is not the one that says "oh let us trade-in one of the jets", that's not how it is done. It is those who are responsible for the maintenance of these jets that in their expertise and knowledge will put forward the proposal and make the president see why it has to be done. however the image being portrayed is that the President just sits in his office and comes up with ideas on how to spend money on frivolities.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by bondingman: 9:57am On Dec 24, 2014
martynsnet:

I'm glad there're still people like u in this country
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by creflo22: 10:12am On Dec 24, 2014
its funny people are expecting this government to be different from the PDP corruption, wastage, impunity and bad governance of the past 15 years
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 24, 2014
martynsnet:

Nailed on! It's the technical folks that make such calls.
If 8 of the jets are sold, at least $320 million could be realized (at $40 million each). That amount can finance the purchase of 2 VIP Dreamliners. Then, part of the savings from the restructuring of the federal executive MDAs (over N800bn) could be used to buy the other 3.
As you alluded, it would be far more prudent to maintain new generation aircraft than to maintain 1980s aircraft.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by olajide8(m): 10:13am On Dec 24, 2014
cry And, they continue to sale their birth rights, they have been so dehumanized that they see HELL and say till 2019- they are finished cheesy they have beaten the normality out of them -with POVERTY, shocked that they see cluelessness and misrule, and say THAT is what they want.

a prudent government would offload unnecessary toys and think of creating employment with such monies - they would rather borrow money from the world bank, to fund You-win projects, while they waste money hard earn nigerian's money on replacement, maintenance and management of a fleet of 9-10 jets - God punish you, the enemies of nigeria* you people are a cursed few - and the curse will remain on you and your children - you people will remain outcasts no matter how much you try to fit in you would never find the right size-

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by sebali: 10:20am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

We need to be patriotic and follow our conscience in a matter that affect Nigeria progress. This you don't find in the opposition party undecided

I pledge to Nigeria my country to be faithful loyal and honest, to defend her unity...

Nigeria does not need another Presidential Jet., we even need to reduce the current numbers.

U have spoken well.
Am impressed

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 24, 2014
kenock:
My president is a big man, I don't give a poo to all these political propagandas, long live GEJ as he fly arround the world. If I where him, oooh my gush, when flying on the sky, I open the door of the luxurus mega jet and pour spit on them APC house
Do you know how stupid you sound

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Now That Stephanie Otobo's Mother Has Exposed Her Daughter By Reno Omokri / Bauchi Guber Poll:Dogara Blows Hot Over Inconclusive Elections, Warns INEC Chair / Arrest On Delivery Bikes: Lagos State Government Takes Its Stand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 286
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.