Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck (34873 Views)

How My Family Friend Accidentally Crushed His 4year Old Son's Hand / Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns / I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
Tragedy like this, is what I dread most to happen to my kids. I vowed that , I must have my own car, learn how to drive well and safe, so that my kids , will not be carried on top of okada or bus or molue.. sad.
and I started saving like crazy to keep up to my promise. When I and my married female friend was discussing about how to safe guard children from all these external hazards, and I mention that my children will never climb okada or take bus , in their infant age. She looked at me with dislike and said, well thank God we that used okada to carry our own kids are still human beings and living fine in nija.
I was shocked, I was like : hey hold on , am not critizing you or anyone that uses such means of transport in taking their kids around. Am just saying , my own , wishful thoughts and how I want my kids 2 be carried around sad....is it a bad thing? na wa o sad... pls am not referring to you o, shebi we are discussing about kids safety... and moreover ,I didn't know that u even carried your kids on top of okada, if not that u mentioned it now.. pls lets not take it personal.
she then kept quiet and I stylishly changed topic. angry

back to the op, may the good Lord give the parents , the fortitude to bear this huge loss.... what a tragedy embarassed
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by meccuno: 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
Tolexander:

orisun

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/baby-falls-off-mums-back-okada-crushed-truck/
and funny enough,I had a talk with someone about a baby being at the back of the woman on a bike. Is she stupid or daft? If I had my way I would beat that idiotic woman to death.
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Testerfuze(m): 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2014
cry cry noooo! !!....why
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Obienesarah: 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
onuwaje:

Since wen ughelli turn warri?
Dnt pay attntion 2 them, they're doing wot they knw best #badmouthing#.
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2014
harffie:
The mom shud be jailed!
I see this coming from a man. What woman would deliberately wish her child death? Does her husband not know she was gonna board a bike? Why is no one screaming ''why can't the husband provide her a car? Agreed, she made a costly mistake, jail isn't the best here. As we are saying this: some mothers are doing same. Government should ban this act of indiscretion sad. If an Okada and another okada is seized on this account, we won't have a story like this embarassed embarassed sad

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by SkinnyDude(m): 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
aikluck007:

most of them are.. Usually very lousy and dey see themselves as being smart and sharp "open-eye/whatsup babes" undecided
yes, noise makers.
i dont like their men. i hate when they say "you no know say i be warri guy".
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Ijaya123: 3:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
When Lagos state govt banned pregnant women and nursing mothers from riding on motorcycle, people were complaining. Now we can see why. Quite pathetic.
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by rezzy: 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
Government warned that mothers shouldn't carry their babies on their backs while on okada
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by deuce7(m): 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2014
This is the height of tragedy, can't imagine what the mother will be feeling. God save us this period.

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by bukatyne(f): 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
RIP to the baby and may God console the mother and family

I am sure there is more to the story because I do not understand the mother is careless part.

Women back kids on bike everyday without tragedy. Not everyone is rich enough to avoid a car.
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2014
SkinnyDude:
yes, noise makers.
i dont like their men. i hate when they say "you no know say i be warri guy".
hahahahaha! free your mind from hate bro
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Ayo199(m): 8:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
masonkz:

And by whose power is the baby dead? undecided
nd ur conclusion is??
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2014
Why on earth would a person get on a motorbike with a child? Anyway may his/her soul rest in peace
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ayo199:
nd ur conclusion is??

No such God exists.
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
utumunta:

Women should strap their babies in front of them(babies belly on theirs) while on a bike in motion. This is safer and afford the mum the opportunity to also hold the child with her hands and control his/her movement.

I also understand that we all don't have cars and have recourse to okadas to commute from one location to another.
i understand where you are coming from but strapping the baby in the front will not make it any safe.

The very first rule has already been broken by both the okada driver and the passenger, no safety helmets.

Its best a mother with a child that young use other means of cheaper public transport than put her life and that of her child is danger like that. Its even more sad that that child died over a ride that cost probably less than $20.
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Stillfire: 9:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
The woman should be jailed.
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by lolababe331e: 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
Tayeni:
we are very aversed to change. i Recently witnessed a debate between my sis and mother. Must we hold on to "African" ways of doing things regardless of the backwardness and dangers?.
Carrying a baby on your back aint safe. so many dangers.
*someone could slip something into your baby's mouth.
*your baby could grab dangerous little objects in a crowded place.
*Your baby's head could be hanging in an awkward and dangerous position.
*i know life is hard in Naija and chaotic for most people who are not mobile.....but if u must take okada(which is unavoidable considering the unorganized transport system), make sure you use a baby carrier.
im not even a father yet, but common sense na hin dey important pass

If you see the way some of the old women abuse young mothers who use baby carriers lipsrsealed I once saw a woman with her baby well secured in front of her walking in front of General hospital only for some old women passing to start abusing her, saying it's rubbish and against our culture to carry a baby in fron undecided it's much safer to have your baby in front where you can see the child at all times , it's only a strong woman who is able to stand her ground and not give in to the pressures of mother in laws and other women that can use baby carrier in this environment. That is why you don't see many people with baby carriers here despite the fact that there are many cheap and affordable ones
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 25, 2014
Onegai:

Please will you buy her a car? Will you buy all mothers a car?! Why not actively think of safe practises to regulate okadas (I'd prefer an outright ban and equip and train tricycle riders) you're blaming the mother. Have you ever strapped a kid to your back, sometimes, you feel them loosening. It's an unfortunate and tragic accident. But if you cannot pay taxes that will enable us to provide every mother with a govt approved vehicle (impossible) then don't blame her.

I like this onegai. But her objectivity can nearly kill. Lol.
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Adwexky(m): 9:50am On Dec 25, 2014
What sort of reasoning is this?
Ymodulus:

Later this God will claim to be a God of love as recorded in 1John 4:7-8. Meanwhile he ia evil
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Ilekokonit: 1:51am On Dec 26, 2014
May the poor baby rest in peace.

Just confirms that Riding on an okada as a passenger is attempted suicide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Presents A Range Rover To His Wife Inside Traffic (Photos) / Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.