Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Sorry States Of Lagos Island - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry States Of Lagos Island (40917 Views)

Buhari 'Not Sorry' For 1983 Coup: Does Corruption Justify Military Action? / Molue Banned From Lagos Island / Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ACM10: 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
I said it before, Lagos is sinking. Global warming is really hitting the state hard. There won't be any Lagos in 50yrs time if events continue at this rate. I don't know what people enjoy in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by atlwireles: 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
franugo:

uduaghan na name of pesin or toilet tissue Mehn dt guy is a JOKE! 8YRs nd almost nothing 2 show 4 it nd he also scammed a lotta people, my family included angry the guy is *makeinogocursepesinpapaangry

Nobody scammed you, you are just another pretending liar. There are too many of you in Nigeria.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Feraz(m): 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
dytbabe:

I am a typical lagosian
I am not here to compare but to plead
Maybe I didn't put it in a better way
They shld pls come to our aid

I have lived here all my life and it wasn't like this, we had beautiful tarred roads, street lights bt since he started his phase 1 and 11 contruction projects, this place has been a mess
This is why that road along Princess and Aroloya not leaving Idumagbo is like this.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by franugo(m): 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
atlwireles:

Nobody scammed you, you are just another pretending liar. There are too many of you in Nigeria.

i said my family bro. The guy told us 2 vacate our plot which was close 2 the area used 4 d airport runway, keep in mind that we had ALMost finished our house there, we had even roofed the house, and govt offered 2 pay just 4millionangry...ngwa pay the 4million then, na war! Since like 4yrs now or more!! My dad almost died, he was so sick during that period, i still get angry when i think of it....note that my family is nt the only one dt have nt been paid so don't cum here 2 tell me nonsenseangryangry
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ALAYORMII: 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
dytbabe:

There no need to be defensive here

Carry ur legs over to adeniji adele, and start taking pictures from every treet down to campus
Make user u pass thru idumagbo, oroyinyin,princess,binuyo,onola,aroloya,odunfa.
And other streets, sorry these are the few streets I can rem and to even think I didn't take pictures of some areas oo

Why am I even replying u sef

Coz you can't seem to have enuff of Mii.

Am very conversant with almost all the places you mentioned bur I think you are being mischievious for whatever reason(s) best known to you.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Collynzo22: 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
How much is Lagos environmental sanitation budget for 2014?
I can't believe the same people who say GEJ has no excuse and should be able to find solutions to all the problems or resign, are the ones making excuses for Fashola after 8 years.

8 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Collynzo22: 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
No excuse of failure, Mr President we chose you to lead this country, resign if you cannot enough of the excuses”. - Tinubu and APC fans
So why the excuses for Fashole?

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by atlwireles: 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
franugo:

i said my family bro. The guy told us 2 vacate our plot which was close 2 the area used 4 d airport runway, keep in mind that we had ALMost finished our house there, we had even roofed the house, and govt offered 2 pay just 4millionangry...ngwa pay the 4million then, na war! Since like 4yrs now or more!! My dad almost died, he was so sick during that period, i still get angry when i think of it....note that my family is nt the only one dt have nt been paid so don't cum here 2 tell me nonsenseangryangry

Like I said, you and your family scammed yourself. Take your sorry lying story to somebody else.

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by unmask: 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
Absolutely disgusting, even though most of the drains in those pictures are newly constructed, they still don't flow to the lagoon. That area need serious overhauling. People actually live here.

Failure of government i must say. I am sure the government generates huge taxes from this area
ask the people how so much dirt gets to their drainages...... Govt has got its flaws, but the people are worse

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by stanech: 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
[quote
author=Collynzo22 post=29217363]How much is Lagos environmental
sanitation budget for 2014?
I can't believe the same people who say GEJ has no excuse and should be
able to find solutions to all the problems or resign, are the ones
making excuses for Fashola after 8 years.[/quote]

thats why i dont trust them at all

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by rozayx5(m): 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2014
Collynzo22:
How much is Lagos environmental sanitation budget for 2014?
I can't believe the same people who say GEJ has no excuse and should be able to find solutions to all the problems or resign, are the ones making excuses for Fashola after 8 years.

when it is lagos blame the lga chairman
when it is pdp state blame the governor wink

4 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by iconize(m): 2:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
Why are peeps making moronic excuses for Fashola? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Collynzo22: 2:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
rozayx5:

when it is lagos blame the lga chairman
when it is pdp state blame the governor wink
The same pretentious idiats blaming the powerless and helpless LGA chairmen will not have any problem blaming GEJ for their problems instead of their state Governors.
Their double standard is legendary.

6 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
If really U are not anti fashola, Y did U not give credit to the current governor for the innumerable neat roads U passed before getting to the bad ones. ( Passed as in On Ur way to the island)? Lagos have never been this beautiful bro. Stop beefing the bestest governor ever liveth

4 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ALAYORMII: 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
All of you calling Fashola a failure just bkuz of some dirty streets in Lagos, what will you say to the Federal Government?

I hear people saying the Federal Government has done this and that and I begin to wonder if they are talking about this same Nigeria we live in or there's another country called Nigeria.

The Nigerian Government at all levels are total failures when you compare them to countries where things work as they should.

I will vote for a Fashola anyday anytime even if he decides to join PDP.

Am a Fashola supporter not a political party supporter.

Give kudos to whom kudos is due
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
iconize:
Why are peeps making moronic excuses for Fashola? undecided

So there are no bad roads in Abuja eeehhhnnn? No government can repair all areas of Its jurisdiction. Pls be realistic.

I don't know whatever state U come from but I'm 100% sure that the neat roads fashola constructed in his first 4 years is more than the total amount of neat roads in Ur state.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
ALAYORMII:
All of you calling Fashola a failure just bkuz of some dirty streets in Lagos, what will you say to the Federal Government?

I hear people saying the Federal Government has done this and that and I begin to wonder if they are talking about this same Nigeria we live in or there's another country called Nigeria.

The Nigerian Government at all levels are total failures when you compare them to countries where things work as they should.

I will vote for a Fashola anyday anytime even if he decides to join PDP.

Am a Fashola supporter not a political party supporter.

Give kudos to whom kudos is due

May God bless Fashola & punish all his enemies
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ALAYORMII: 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
Let Mii tell any one of you who cares to listen that

I, ALAYORMII, will vote for a working(performing) thief rather than a clueless saint anyday anytime.

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Teeders(m): 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
neily:
Fashola is definitely working in Lagos state. The picture speaks. That Was actually his target for Nigeria If he becomes vice president. Buhari has bigger plans than this. That is why they belong to the same group.
No BRAIN cheesy,U calle dis plans??
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Teeders(m): 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
The OP is a loyalist to the opposition....Abegii
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by franugo(m): 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
atlwireles:

Like I said, you and your family scammed yourself. Take your sorry lying story to somebody else.

if u won't bliv i see no reason 2 disturb myself, afterall we are still managing without the money...now imagine those people that can't cope without their land payment, or their pensions...SMH 4 some people.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
ALAYORMII:

I, ALAYORMII, will vote for a working(performing) thief rather than a clueless saint anyday anytime.

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by rozayx5(m): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
ALAYORMII:

me too. i can see the performance already in this thread

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by iconize(m): 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

So there are no bad roads in Abuja eeehhhnnn? No government can repair all areas of Its jurisdiction. Pls be realistic.

I don't know whatever state U come from but I'm 100% sure that the neat roads fashola constructed in his first 4 years is more than the total amount of neat roads in Ur state.

Such a pathetic, moronic and backward way of thinking.

A quick search on google shows that Lagos island is a city centre. undecided

If Lagos island a city centre looks like some slums in Kenya, I wonder how the hinterlands in Lagos would look - pictures though have proved that many areas in Lagos are not fit for human habitation.
undecided undecided

For a Governor who couldn't tar the roads in the city centre to be tipped for presidency shows that many Nigerians are really moronic and backward.
undecided

For making excuses for the failed governor, you should be taken to Sahara desert and shot in the eyes. undecided

It has been said on here countless times that Lagos is the richest state in Nigeria. This state generated N202.761billion in 2011 and N219.202billion in 2012 internally. undecided

I can't pinpoint a particular sector where this Fashola man has done well. It's all propaganda and propaganda - he goes with the media to
commission street lights, goes with the media to distribute life jackets to boat users. undecided undecided

Those are works of the Local government chairmen in some African nations and Europe.

With the facts on ground, Fashola or whatever is a huge failure.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Krucifax(m): 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
[b]It's the populace that eventually suffer from such deplorable and appalling state of infrastructure. It's also the hypocrisy of the populace that leaves things this bad. When people see the truth they won't say it due to unfounded sense of loyalty. These streets are a breeding ground for diseases and parasites. Typhoid, Malaria, Cholera etc etc will flourish in this environment and it's an evil cycle because when people are sick they can't work or contribute to the economy. The high cost of the medicines worsens the poor state of their finances leaving them with less and making them less able to spend and further boost the economy.

Yet people will come and shout things like Fashola is working. I'm not against Fashola but as an ordinary Nigerian your allegiance should be to your fellow Nigerian suffering and not some politician! Some people will also say stupid things like why don't you go to Lekki or Banana Island!Less than 1% of Lagosians based on income can afford to live in Lekki and Banana Island where houses regularly cost upwards of N100 Million and rent is like N200K-N350K per month! It's sad but the truth is that the only losers here are Lagosians and Nigerians.

You should not be ashamed to say the truth. Politician are tricking you into being partisan and defensive on account of tribe whilst they are robbing the ordinary man blind![/b]

6 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by luvmijeje(f): 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
OP, I want to give you the benefit of doubt that you are not partisan. Is V/I, Ikoyi, Lekki and CMS not under Lagos Island? You just committed fallacy of generalisation.

The only solution I can see to what you presented is total overhauling I.e government should break down the whole buildings, pay everybody off and start afresh. Funnily enough the same people that are criticising are the same people that will still call the government elitist.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Jhayeahsam01(m): 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
That's one of the reasons they called it lagos...

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ayindejimmy(m): 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
There's very little the state governor can do if we don't cultivate good hygiene. Just take a look at those pictures. When you remove the indiscriminate disposal of refuses, whats left is the bad roads. Whenever I do around lagos, I see construction everywhere. All the roads can't be repaired under even two tenures... But sadly, I normally see that roads that had just been constructed less than two years ago are back to their previous status. As if no construction took place.
1, the citizens really need to be educated on proper disposal of refuses
2, road construction should be handled by certified professionals
3,government should also carry out closed supervisions on any constructed Road.
4, a small leak can sink a great ship. There should be an agency monitoring and repairing small damages on lagos Road. And if we already have that. They're obviously not doing a good job of it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter / Governor Fayose Spotted Frying Garri In Ikole, Ekiti (Photos) / Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.