Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Sorry States Of Lagos Island - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry States Of Lagos Island (40915 Views)

Buhari 'Not Sorry' For 1983 Coup: Does Corruption Justify Military Action? / Molue Banned From Lagos Island / Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by vanstanzy(m): 11:32am On Dec 26, 2014
funkiebully:

Why are they trying to suppress the truth? There is no anus u open without a shyt particle.

Apart from few elite area in Lagos, the present govt has not done any meaningful thing in Lagos compared to d amount the state generates.

Tifnubu n his errand boy fashole areally d smartest thieves in Nigeria. Change my pink an.us

This government you speak of are from amongst us all. Simply put, they are a product of this same environment, so they claim not to know any better.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by M4gunners: 11:34am On Dec 26, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Very funny post.

You cannot compare a mega city/state with Uyo. Please where else do you know of inAkwa-Ibom outside Uyo? FYI the population of the whole of Akwa-Ibom is not more than the size of Surulere.
Yet the two states take home the same allocation from the FG.
Please enlighten yourself and don't rely on propaganda alone.
I have heard you i will enlighten myself from the day you stop comparing Nigeria to Dubai. The population of Nigeria and dat of Dubai is not thesame.I don't want to hear something like Dubai have oil, nigeria has oil but GEJ this dis and dat because we are more populated than them.

4 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 26, 2014
publisher:

Did Godswill Akpabio chase out everyone in Uyo before transforming the city into a modern spectacle *in zebrudaya's voice*

See you APC people making excuses for Fashola's failure to transform Lagos island in 8yrs in spite of the huge taxes/revenue that area generates for Tinubu, sorry i meant Lagos state govt.

APC...SHAME!

PS: I only saw ONE parked caterpilla in all those street pictures, there is NO construction work going on there. Lagos island is an ABANDONED project.

You just compared uyo with a conjested Lagos Island? Na wa for you o. Btw is akwa ibom a finished project? Why mention uyo only? Lagos Island is not even the capital of Lagos.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by rozayx5(m): 11:36am On Dec 26, 2014
M4gunners:
I have heard you i will enlighten myself from the day you stop comparing Nigeria to Dubai. The population of Nigeria and dat of Dubai is not thesame.I don't want to hear something like Dubai have oil, nigeria has oil but GEJ this dis and dat because we are more populated than them.

double standards is the bane of all the eko hypocrites

Akpabio build so many street roads in Ikot Abasi and eket Township from scratch
and later hypocrites will try and exonerate the alausa scammer and blame LGA
many streets in Ikot Abasi 40km from uyo have sidewalks and drainages.

currently he is building a 21KM rd in my Lga linking it with abak

7 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 26, 2014
All these akwa ibom fanatics please you guys should move to that state and help reduce the burden on Lagos. Akwa ibom is still a virgin state with lots of space I'm sure you will all enjoy it.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by oduastates: 11:42am On Dec 26, 2014
django1:
All these akwa ibom fanatics please you guys should move to that state and help reduce the burden on Lagos. Akwa ibom is still a virgin state with lots of space I'm sure you will all enjoy it.
Yep .
They should go and "develop" it .
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 26, 2014
Some people find it very difficult to accept facts, even with pictorial evidence, is a shame.

Tinubu stays in the Island, he was Governor for 8 yrs

Fashola, also 8 yrs

Both of them APC

How many years do they need to fix the Island, do the maths people

I don`t belong to any party, anyone that can perform is good to GO.

7 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by 12ema: 11:47am On Dec 26, 2014
dytbabe:
I am not a politician nor trying to promote any party
But lagos island is in a MESS

I came here for holidays and mehn, words can't simply express it

I was told this has been on for over 6months, ppeople dying and crying for help but non forthcoming
That water stinks

I am so angry, that I had to step out to take pictures

Yesterday i felt so homesick. I know how fun xmas can be in Naija. The food, people around you, music, setting of bangers (fireworks) etc. In the States and Europe xmas sucks. Everywhere is always like a ghost town. No fun. BUT, that being said, after seeing these picture you posted, i quickly snap back to reality and pinch myself to remind me of why i got the hell out of Nigeria. Holy crap!! I can't remember the last time i saw filth like that. The things we take for granted. Thanks for the pictures and keeping me focused. Jesus!!

5 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by funkiebully: 11:47am On Dec 26, 2014
oduastates:

Yep .
They should go and "develop" it .

Go and develop osun and stop claiming lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by fuckerholic(m): 11:48am On Dec 26, 2014
walexGodson:
@op ur village fine pass dis place?una go jst post tinz anyhow
. You Wey dey talk,here na ur village ? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by funkiebully: 11:49am On Dec 26, 2014
rozayx5:

f00l i live in my state, i come to lagos, hold my nose check what i want to check and run back to my state, and will never trade my clean and peaceful environment for cholera/crime infested Lagos

Una go wound person this harmattan

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 11:50am On Dec 26, 2014
[size=18pt]OP, thank you.
LAWMA has failed woefully to even clear heaps of refuse on the streets.
The waste disposal trucks often break down, because the contractors knowingly use trucks that are not road worthy and employ workers who are terribly underpaid and without the necessary kits to control the health hazards of their dirty job. [/size]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ToyinDipo(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2014
Drainage facility in Lagos island is really bad, given the swampy nature of the area. Even in VI, especially eko hotel side, if it rains and you are passing through without vehicle, you will have to match your way through unending pool.

3 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by franugo(m): 11:56am On Dec 26, 2014
Collynzo22:
We know how to deceive ourselves so much.
This is an APC controlled state, this is a state where they say Fashola is working.
We curse T.A. Orji everyday but Aba is no where near as bad as this.
Shame.

what are u trying 2 say Just bcus a lil part of lag is bad, aba don beta pass am? Swerve joorcry what a dreamer!
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 11:57am On Dec 26, 2014
hurricaneChris:
That was a place a prospective client took me for inspection in Lekki, I swore that wasn't part of Lagos we live in.

Many places on the island need Govt's help.
The Lagos state commissioner of works has questions to answer.
And LAWMA has failed woefully to even clear heaps of refuse on the streets.
The waste disposal trucks often break down, because the contractors knowingly use trucks that are not road worthy and employ workers who are terribly underpaid and without the necessary kits to control the health hazards of their dirty job.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by christopher123(m): 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
franugo:

what are u trying 2 say Just bcus a lil part of lag is bad, aba don beta pass am? Swerve joorcry what a dreamer!

Ayobo ipaja road is less than 3km but it has taken 3 urs to build and they have not finished

They said fashola is working

What of Allen ..hmmn that place is so terrible that if it rains you will give up

This is ikpodo and ogba areas in Ikeja

We know the truth ....so park well

6 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by christopher123(m): 12:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
django1:

Iwo omo ale yi, when have you ever seen an osogbo man claim lagos or an ijesha man claim lagos? I will pardon an igbo man for insinuating such nonsense but for a yoruba man to repeat that lie is nauseating. I'm an ibadan man, have I claimed anything else? You are just a worthless omo ale.

BRo all yorubas claim Lagos tagging it as odua Commonwealth... I ask so these ekiti osun immigrants have turned lagosians over night

We see it everyday ..they have forgitten their place of origin

I wonder how they can forget their ancestry like that

Its shameful and despicable

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

#NoMoreBloodShed: DSS Invites Zainab Ahmed Over Protests Against Killings / Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter / Governor Fayose Spotted Frying Garri In Ikole, Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.