Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari (28634 Views)

Fuel Crisis By State (report Happenings In Your Area) / How Buhari Ended Maitatsine Crisis / Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Goodquestion(m): 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
Nukilia:

I did not get you!!! Work with which government?
Do you mean the govt that says stealing is not corruption? You must be out of your mind angry

GEJ is making the greatest mistake of his life right now. Edwin Clark, A sari, Tompolo, Reno Okri and the likes have given him wrong advice all the way. They've made him believe some tribes are not important just because of their greed. The masses will show GEJ the way out, just as they showed him the way in angry

You are in your mind and you are still suffering my bro. Just wake up from your sleep you can't solve a problem by creating another, I,ll love to see Gej out of aso villa after the election but not even Buhari is the right person to go in. I'll rather love to see the likes of Fashola and Adams Oshomole, if you really want a change and you are a good friend of Nigeria then you will understand my plight. I know if Buhari wins the election Boko haram would stop but what about after his tenure in office? Have you thought of possible resurrection of the boko haram? Am not a fan of Gej nor Buhari am just a fan of my beloved country Nigeria. May God bless you and bless Nigeria. #NAIRALANDYOUARETHEBEST
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Goodquestion(m): 12:14pm On Dec 28, 2014
personal59:

Wen oga Jona no giv dem free hand
cos he his nt feeling secure changing generals almost every quarters giving most compulsory retirement ( all is about nt feeling secure believing he might b overthrown) brother join d military to knw more its more than what u read on paper I mean what happen btw oga Jona nd d military.

Greed i know is what is killing this administration bro. He is doing those things because he is seeing what obasanjo and other generals are planning to do. He may be dumb but not dull but one thing i want from him is to accept what ever the outcome of this coming election likewise his fellow aspirants. Support him in this little time he has in other that this country will not be completely ruin.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
whosefault:

How well you be comparing riot with insurgent/ terrorism. na wa o
How did boko-haram start
What is their ideology..
If marwa Muhammad was left alone, there wouldn't have being 1 Nigeria.. This same line of action boko-haram are taking..
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by wasuka14(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
Swiftboy:
GMB you made promises when you overthrew Shagari's government,hope you're not making empty promises like back then. You abused us back then saying we're not disciplined and your uniform men flogged us on the street like dogs...hope you're not here to finish what you started? You became corrupt and power drunk back then one reason why your government was overthrown.You denied freedom to the press hence ruled without being challenged by the opposition. Sir,we want to believe you've changed but you have made dangerous utterance that suggested the contrary and everybody knows word of mouth reveal whats in the heart. We want to believe you can solve common man's problems in Nigeria...we're still waiting for you to tell us how. What do you want to do and how do you want to do it? What will happen if you eventually loose the election? Will there be bloodshed as your supporters did the other time you lost? We have questions needing your answer. Yes we want change but we want to know the type that you're bringing. Some People say you're a BH sponsor,am sure you're not but your comments in the past seems to sympathize with them tho you later comment to the contrary. Sir, President Goodluck's administration is not really the worst in the history of the nation.Infact,some school of taught said if it were not for the BH activities his administration would've been fair to say the least as his Transformation Agenda is showing some reasonable improvement. I never get on train before untill now though its not the fastest there is. Roads are taking shapes amidst other cool stuffs. Well we know the current administration is not the best we can get,so if you're bringing change hope its not only BH you want to stop? We have other sectors as well like corruption and our finances which you fail to deal with before you were overthroned no thanks to general IBB. Sir,I will vote for you if you can answer the common questions we common Nigerians are asking. We even thought its better you dont contest again if you loose this one so that young and vibrant minds can come onboard to chat the course of this nation. Another suggestion of mine is if you dont win,you can as well make your impact felt in the coming administration by giving advice rather than thinking you can only affect the nation only by ruling it. Am sitting on the fence waiting for which one to choose between your change and president GEJ's transformation agenda because I know I have to choose wisely! Thanks.
This man u ask too much question, GEJ was shoutin he hav no shoes, is goin to employe 9ja youth, fix light n road, secure our country n sch children. Bt wot is happenin nw?? Corruptin killin bombin impunity harms dealin etc is dis wot u want to be continue?? Am nt an APC person bt a responsible citizen who hope for peace n progress of d country. If dis man has proof in d past dt he can perform dan dis otuoke man let's join hands to suuport him. Past is dead issue we can move forward properly carry left over of ystd. Long Life Nigeria!!!!
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by awenaibangbee: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
bushdoc9919:

So, by your reasoning....a Police negotiator in a hostage situation on board an aircraft is in cahoots with the kidnappers/hostage takers?

Grow up.
GEJ was the representative of the FG during the negotiations with the Niger Delta militants under the Yar'Adua government.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
List the empty promises he made in 1984 or keep your mouth shut.
Swiftboy:
GMB you made promises when you overthrew Shagari's government,hope you're not making empty promises like back then. You abused us back then saying we're not disciplined and your uniform men flogged us on the street like dogs...hope you're not here to finish what you started? You became corrupt and power drunk back then one reason why your government was overthrown.You denied freedom to the press hence ruled without being challenged by the opposition. Sir,we want to believe you've changed but you have made dangerous utterance that suggested the contrary and everybody knows word of mouth reveal whats in the heart. We want to believe you can solve common man's problems in Nigeria...we're still waiting for you to tell us how. What do you want to do and how do you want to do it? What will happen if you eventually loose the election? Will there be bloodshed as your supporters did the other time you lost? We have questions needing your answer. Yes we want change but we want to know the type that you're bringing. Some People say you're a BH sponsor,am sure you're not but your comments in the past seems to sympathize with them tho you later comment to the contrary. Sir, President Goodluck's administration is not really the worst in the history of the nation.Infact,some school of taught said if it were not for the BH activities his administration would've been fair to say the least as his Transformation Agenda is showing some reasonable improvement. I never get on train before untill now though its not the fastest there is. Roads are taking shapes amidst other cool stuffs. Well we know the current administration is not the best we can get,so if you're bringing change hope its not only BH you want to stop? We have other sectors as well like corruption and our finances which you fail to deal with before you were overthroned no thanks to general IBB. Sir,I will vote for you if you can answer the common questions we common Nigerians are asking. We even thought its better you dont contest again if you loose this one so that young and vibrant minds can come onboard to chat the course of this nation. Another suggestion of mine is if you dont win,you can as well make your impact felt in the coming administration by giving advice rather than thinking you can only affect the nation only by ruling it. Am sitting on the fence waiting for which one to choose between your change and president GEJ's transformation agenda because I know I have to choose wisely! Thanks.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
awenaibangbee:
GEJ was the representative of the FG during the negotiations with the Niger Delta militants under the Yar'Adua government.

And it does not mean he was behind the militants....
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by joeyekembele: 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
Difference must be spotted between the Maitasani and Book Horam. While the former was a group of known insurgents, Book Haram are not known people. In the fight against the former, battle line was drawn hence they were in one side, the military was at the other side making it easy for the military to identify them and target them with ease. But in BH, they live and dine amongst us and are not openly identified individuals. While the former fought to live, BH are ready to die with you. While the former were murderers, the BH are suicide bombers. While the former used bows and arrows, BH fight with sophisticated weapons. While the former was regional based, BH is an intercontinental based. GMB, pls give us a more convincing reason to vote for you and not Maitasani.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by sphinx54: 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
Swiftboy:
Please learn to be brief na. We don't always have time to read long pieces like yours oh. Please gimme d gist of what you wrote.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by hahn(m): 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
Swiftboy:
You abused us back then saying we're not disciplined and your uniform men flogged us on the street like dogs....

We are still indisciplined and soldiers still flog us like dogs.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Orikinla(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
Swiftboy:

Only fools wrestle with ghost from the past.
A military government is not a democratic government.

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by chamboy(m): 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
neuljosh:
Buhari is an extremist, a coupist, a bigot, and an oppressor, he's an old desperate jihadish

*1 in 2003 general election, buhari urged Muslims to vote for a Muslim who will rule according to the law of sharia, that makes him an extremist,

*2 he overthrew a democratic elected president, that makes him a coupist,

*3 after a successful coup, he sent the then president shagari a northern to home and jailed his vice a southern, that makes him a bigot,

*4 at the age of 73 he's still contesting elections without minding the future of the youths, that makes him an oppressor,

*5 he promised to make life miserable for none Muslims in 2011, he's supporters took arm and started killing none Muslims when he lost the 2011 poll, that makes him a jihadish

Nigerians Vote Wisely...And stop shouting 'CHANGE' that same word killed hundreds of Christians in the North after 2011 election.
Stop spewing Lies on here,Ur 1-5 is thrash
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Swiftboy(m): 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
Orikinla:

Only fools wrestle with ghost from the past.
A military government is not a democratic government.
Sir,being wicked have nothing to do with democratic rule or military rule. I dont think you studied history of Nigeria...can you compare GMB's military rule with that of Murtala Mohamed's 6 months rule? Well the two era were both military.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
kennygee:
I didn't even know there was a crisis like Maitatsine.

Just learnt one.

Like if u just learned about this.
am not surprised.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Afroconnect: 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
If Mr Goodluck Jonathan can not perform his number1 duty of protection of Nigerians and their properties from harm and destruction-which is his number 1 duty,he should leave that seat.

The Presidency is not only for enjoyment,stealing and embezzlement,he must do his work or leave there.

1 Like

Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by glamm: 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
Register for one month intensive training in Graphics & Web Design (weekends only )
Date: Jan 10, 17, 24 and 31 (2015)
Venue:2nd Floor , Rock and Rule Suite, The Valley Mall, Plot 215 Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja
Time: 10am-3:00pm
Course fee:N50,000.00 (fifty thousand naira only)
You can secure your seat by making a payment into the bank account detailed below:

Bank: Diamond:
Account Name: Peach and Pomp Services Ltd
Account Number: 0054361488

Once you make payment, Kindly send your details in the following order to 08184227903
Full Name/email address/payment reference number/phone number
Limited seats available
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Etinosajay(m): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
Frankiss44:

Who is this animal? So you don't have common sense to know that BH is now a political group being sponsored by those that feel that the presidency is their birthright? And what do you even know about maitasine that you are comparing it to BH?
Never quote me again unless you have something sensible to say son.
And you see why I call you apc fanatics rats? You guys support an ideology but lack the courage to associate with it publicly... That's why you start every comment with "am not an apc supporter" even when your comment stinks of apc poison.... Only rats do that...

Blah blah blah blah

You have said nothing

Witless worm
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Etinosajay(m): 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2014
vacant06:
I did not want them to form separate army to fight insurgency but they can give advice on how it should go, not using political ideology just to be in power and their selfish interest to discredit the other opponent, is not fair atleast they can help each others advice, I feel pains for the lives lost daily, the truth of the matter is that let's forget about politics and face reality I'm not in support of PDP or the other party, God bless Nigeria

They give advises at council of state meetings, but the responsibility and Initiative to fight insurgency rests with the president as commander in chief, that's what I want you to know.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Etinosajay(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
AustineE1:

i guess it is an easier way out for you,when all your antics failed you recourse to insult...typical of Buhari supporters,like father like son.

No because it is easier to ignore you because of your senseless posts and your gross display of ineptitude
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Ayed44: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
Buhari defeated maitasine, Buhari defeated al-qaeda, Buhari defeated taliban, blablablabla.... These are stories for the gods. The nigerian state made Buhari whom he is today and he is duty-bound to contribute his own quota to ensuring the peace and stability of the country that made him. Somebody should please help me ask Buhari these two questions:

(1) as an elder statesman, how many times has Buhari used his skills and experience as a retired army general to advise GEJ on how to tackle Boko haram?

(2) as an elder statesman and a northern leader, what role has Buhari played in trying to bring an end to the Boko haram menace?
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by olami234lekan(m): 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
When has he ever approached d federal govt dat he has solution or advice? All we keep hearing is name calling of the president. A security conference was held in abuja sometime ago, was he dere? Elections are near and he's here talking about how he can end bokoharam, let him not end it naw. Mtchewww

If Jonathan can visit IBB for 2nd term endorsement and cannot visit Buhari for advice on how to crush Boko Haram I think their is something wrong with him (Jonathan).
Also have been noticing Jonathan's action since he became president he only cares about himself perhaps the reason being the kind of creation he his and he can't help if or how can you describe his rise to power in which one way or the other somebody gets hurt whenever he's got lucky and I believe there is evil power behind it all. All what Nigerians need now is prayer that God's will for this nation be done. If none of the current sets of politician is not God's will for us He should destroy them Himself and establish His desired government.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by clemzo101(m): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
U talk with so much sentiment and hypocrisy, how do u xpect jonathan to visit an opponent and a sworn enemy of his? For ur info, jonathan visited IBB to greet him because he went abroad for health issues and not for endorsement. If buhari had approached the president to profer solutions nobody will turn him back, moreover dey still meet in d council of former heads of state meetings, why didn't he bring up d solutions dere? So many avenue abounds for him to talk but all u hear is acusations. I wldnt want to talk any further concerning dis issue. Thanks
olami234lekan:

If Jonathan can visit IBB for 2nd term endorsement and cannot visit Buhari for advice on how to crush Boko Haram I think their is something wrong with him (Jonathan).
Also have been noticing Jonathan's action since he became president he only cares about himself perhaps the reason being the kind of creation he his and he can't help if or how can you describe his rise to power in which one way or the other somebody gets hurt whenever he's got lucky and I believe there is evil power behind it all. All what Nigerians need now is prayer that God's will for this nation be done. If none of the current sets of politician is not God's will for us He should destroy them Himself and establish His desired government.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Orikinla(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
What GMB said is different from the misinterpretation by the intellectually re-tarded enemies of progress.
How can any head of state implement Sharia in a democracy when no Muslim military head of state even did so in previous administrations in Nigeria? And GMB did not even attempt it when he was military head of state of Nigeria.
Sharia will only be for all the Muslims in Nigeria by freedom of choice and not by force.
[size=18pt]
Argue and debate with reasons and not childish and foolish emotions of religious and tribal bigotry.
Many people arguing blindly here need to grow up.
PDP dogs should stop barking up the wrong tree.[/size]
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Ayed44: 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
olami234lekan:

Jonathan should visit Buhari for advice? Are u kidding? Are u aware that Buhari is Jonathan's direct political opponent?
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by adebisicutie: 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by londoner: 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
abbasteck:

Dat was then 80s
They were just like BH boiz but we crushed them, we don't allow insurgency to last for more than 24hr maxium is 100days shocked

Really? Why was everyone denying that Nigerans are suicide bombers, if we have seen the same before?

Lets be honest, we have not seen this before......................and Buhari has never ended this type of terrorism before.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Viccisimua: 8:31am On Dec 29, 2014
Pls look up the meaning of a Democratic Government first in ur dictionary. Obj was a Military Head of State but came back as a Civilian President that was why he couldn't go for 3rd term cos the legislative arm of Government was there to control things. Now Buhari or any other retired force man that comes back democratically elected cannot operate with force as you think cos it is a different type of Government. In a nutshell, you are entitled to ur opinion. ..everyone should vote for their own choice. No amount of insults or bad naming can change my choice. I am above religious or tribal sentiments. If a pagan will bring about positive change, he has my vote. If you passionately want a Christian and a Southerner to rule this country pls give me someone ELSE and spare me the Buhari history I live in Nigeria. .. GEJ has failed us and some of us Niger Deltans are ashamed of him. We all know d incumbent and his criminal businessmen friends will RIG the election but my conscience will be at peace that I did not vote for him. The poor bears d burden of the rich. What kind of country is it that militants now appoint DGs for parastatals? To get a Government job you have to know a Tompolo or Asari Dokubo. What signal are you sending to our children? That it pays to be a militant? I won't vote a president that celebrates criminals. A president that sees nothing wrong in corruption, a man that cannot control his wife. It's sickening. Tell me are u proud of ur economy? If yes, I just wasted my time & energy replying u.
neuljosh:
Buhari is an extremist, a coupist, a bigot, and an oppressor, he's an old desperate jihadish

*1 in 2003 general election, buhari urged Muslims to vote for a Muslim who will rule according to the law of sharia, that makes him an extremist,

*2 he overthrew a democratic elected president, that makes him a coupist,

*3 after a successful coup, he sent the then president shagari a northern to home and jailed his vice a southern, that makes him a bigot,

*4 at the age of 73 he's still contesting elections without minding the future of the youths, that makes him an oppressor,

*5 he promised to make life miserable for none Muslims in 2011, he's supporters took arm and started killing none Muslims when he lost the 2011 poll, that makes him a jihadish

Nigerians Vote Wisely...And stop shouting 'CHANGE' that same word killed hundreds of Christians in the North after 2011 election.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Momoduking: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2014
Story 4 d gods.. tongue
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by hidee20(m): 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
Swiftboy:

sir,from the tune of your write-up am confuse with the part "am sitting on the fence".[b]
Swiftboy:

sir,from the tune of your write-up am confuse with the part "am sitting on the fence".[/b]
Swiftboy:

sir,from the tune of your write-up am confuse with the part "am sitting on the fence".
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by hidee20(m): 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
Swiftboy:

sir,from the tune of your write-up am confuse with the part "am sitting on the fence".[b]
Swiftboy:

sir,from the tune of your write-up am confuse with the part "am sitting on the fence".[/b]
Swiftboy:

sir,from the tone of your write-up am confuse with the part "am sitting on the fence".
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Swiftboy(m): 12:29am On Dec 30, 2014
hidee20:

sir,from the tune of your write-up am confuse with the part "am sitting on the fence".

Yes tune of my voice is harsh and sitting on the fence cos these old people have no business ruling this nation again.
Re: How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari by Swiftboy(m): 12:42am On Dec 30, 2014
Goodquestion:

You are in your mind and you are still suffering my bro. Just wake up from your sleep you can't solve a problem by creating another, I,ll love to see Gej out of aso villa after the election but not even Buhari is the right person to go in. I'll rather love to see the likes of Fashola and Adams Oshomole, if you really want a change and you are a good friend of Nigeria then you will understand my plight. I know if Buhari wins the election Boko haram would stop but what about after his tenure in office? Have you thought of possible resurrection of the boko haram? Am not a fan of Gej nor Buhari am just a fan of my beloved country Nigeria. May God bless you and bless Nigeria. #NAIRALANDYOUARETHEBEST
Am just not cut out for the fake change people are looking for in the generation of thieves! They've been ruling us so badly,we dont even have savings. The live like kings not minding the generation unborn. Am not supporting anyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Turkur Buratai Visits Obiano - Photos / Buhari Lands In Jos For APC Presidential Campaign Flag-Off(Pictures) / Governor Ikpeazu Visits Umuatako At Night After Commissioning Street In The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.