Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,373 members, 7,829,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? (709 Views)

5 Reasons Why A Call-Girl Can Never Equate A Loving Girlfriend / Why Do Nigeria Girls Never Accept A Guy Dump Them? / Tips To Differentiate Between A Loving Girlfriend And A Pretender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? by Wandeayo(m): 7:10am On Dec 28, 2014
I have a friend that is in a point of dilemma, he came from a broken family, his mother changed to a Christian, while his dad is an alhaji, meaning that his father's family were Muslims, the guy in question also changed to a Christian since he was being taken care of by his mother
he is now planning to settle down, but his father and his father's families insisted that if he didn't marry a muslim that none of them including his father will attend his wedding, should he go ahead and dump his loving Christian girlfriend in order to satisfy his father's demand?
fellow nairalander, help this guy out with your suggestions
Re: Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? by lafflaff123(m): 7:11am On Dec 28, 2014
He grew up with his mom? and the Sperm Donor(dad) wants to tell him who to marry? i don't think your friend is ready for marriage.

I don't get it when fathers wants to live their kids life, after living their own. Will your father be the one to foot the bills for the wedding? will he be the one to spend the rest of his life will the son's wife? the guy should go ahead with his wedding and his dad will be okay.
Re: Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:13am On Dec 28, 2014
Will your dad live with her?
Re: Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? by Davidovinci(m): 7:22am On Dec 28, 2014
He should follow his heart...........If his father wants a Muslim girl as a wife; he should go get one himself.
marriage is beyond mere religion.*Drops mic*
Re: Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? by Wandeayo(m): 7:22am On Dec 28, 2014
lafflaff123:
He grew up with his mom? and the Sperm Donor(dad) wants to tell him who to marry? i don't think your friend is ready for marriage.

I don't get it when fathers wants to live their kids life, after living their own. Will your father be the one to foot the bills for the wedding? will he be the one to spend the rest of his life will the son's wife? the guy should go ahead with his wedding and his dad will be okay.

that was the exact statement I told him, but all he said was that, who will he choose to represent his dad on his wedding day?, that is the question I wasn't able to answer
Re: Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? by djeezy(m): 7:28am On Dec 28, 2014
We are in a modern world. Gone are those days when parents dictate for their children on who to marry. If he obviously love the Christian girl, why would his father want to be an impediment. In this wise, the choice lies in him and not his father. He should man up and follow his heart. Sooner or later his dad will ratify his decision.

1 Like

Re: Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 28, 2014
Seriusly?!?!?!? Who the fvck tells his/her child who to marry?? Abeg, tell the guy to marry his christian gf. He should use his uncle to represent his father, afterall his dad is nt a christian.
Re: Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? by Wandeayo(m): 8:02am On Dec 28, 2014
EroticAngelina:
Seriusly?!?!?!? Who the fvck tells his/her child who to marry?? Abeg, tell the guy to marry his christian gf. He should use his uncle to represent his father, afterall his dad is nt a christian.
I think this should be the answer to the question he asked me, thanks so much
Re: Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 28, 2014
Brother u better quit that marraige unless he is ready to be an island of his own or he could go ahead ok example is fashola ;he is Muslim and his wife is Christian,go and mEett fashola for advice.
Re: Should A Guy Dump His Loving Girlfriend Cos His Dad Want Him To Marry A Muslim? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 28, 2014
lafflaff123:

This term is obsolete already. Disgusting, to say the least. Do you call your own father sperm-donor? His parents were separated. Where else would he live if not with his mother? His father's presence at his wedding matters to him probably because the father has always been a part of his life.

@Op, If he wants the kind of problem his parents had, he can marry the Muslim but marrying someone of the same faith as his will save him a lot of stress

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Girls So Shallow / Sex Shouldn't Come Before Commitment / Twerking That Ass Like A Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.