Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,549 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

I Dont Envy Married People At All - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Dont Envy Married People At All (7799 Views)

Is It Right For Married People To Go Clubbing ??? / Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
It all starts with romance... Romance between the man and lady.... The Lady considers the size of the man's pocket while the man examines is she is a "wife material"....

Forget about love.... Men and women marry for various reasons and love is least of them.... People marry because of what the other person has to offer... If u have nothing to offer, you can hardly get married and if what you have to offer dries up after you're married, you're in one kind mind tormenting soup.......!!....

Weeks before the wedding, den no go let person hear word. Pixs of the "lover birds" in romantic poses... Wedding IV.... So much noise and hype..... On the wedding day.... I don't understand how a man who is living in a rented apartment will spend millions on a day event when one can buy a good plot of land outside town for 500k.... Marriage is an investment abi? Spouce dey come and go but your land will always be there.... Well.... After people have helped you eat your money finish.... You will now face one kaind gloomy, boring, and monotonous routine everyday....

For the men, when they can't endure d boring routines anymore, den go begin "waka waka" looking for mistresses.... The mistress will say "let me chop his money and enjoy myself"..... The wife herself who is probably a former mistress herself (beleive me, all dos gals get "history" o) will pouring spit, nagging and cursing.... Shebi you did the same to another woman husband so why you dey vex?
If it is not money issues, it is about sexx, wicked inlaws, unromantic wife, uncaring husband.... bla bla bla.... Then they will come to nairaland looking for advice.... SMH... Abeg carry your cross go meet ur husband/wife.... Nairalanders will make drama out of your "confessions".

Small time.... You go hear fight.... Den seperation.... Then ultimately, divorce.... If you ask how did it happen, they will say "I miss road"......!!....

What irritates me most is the trend of young girls in their teens and early 20s dating married men.... Its like they're having competition.... When they get married and a younger gal does same to their husband, they'll scream blue murder.....!!.... I know you'll say am focusing on the women and leaving the men blameless.... Not really.... If the women don't condone it, men wont do it.... If your elder brother want is having mistress, the wife is the cause... She dont know how to take good care of your brother, she's too old, my brother need young blood..... You too, if your husband "carry woman", u dont know how to take care of your husband and you're getting old..... Lobatan.....!!...

So next time i see those pre-wedding pictures... All those IVs, aso ebi and co... E go be like... Two people are looking for each other's troubles...

Hmmm..... Hmmm

i don't envy them at all. Especially those guys getting married on monthly salary.... Now you're giving her money she's not complaining... If you lose your job and she has to be paying the bills, she will start doing like.. You're a lazy man... All you know is to eat... Am paying all d bills ooo .... E gba mi o .....

When he was taking care of you, when you were eating... You're not lazy... But now he has no job, he is lazy...

* looks right... looks left *
* sees some angry ladies preparing a cricifix *

* takes off my shoes and pick race.....*

grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
lol funny enough, u spoke the truth.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by disloman(m): 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
op...... Keep porking ur nose in other people marriage,u better face front and get married to ur miss perfect.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by latestsunny(m): 8:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
You've some points discussed in a very funny way........nice one
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by lilmax(m): 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
This is funny grin grin anyway there are people who get married for good reasons

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by lilmax(m): 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
disloman:
op...... Keep porking ur nose in other people marriage,u better face front and get married to ur miss perfect.
did you read it at all?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by olu77(m): 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
All you listed above are the real life drama a real man has to endure to proof a point. Don't be scared of marriage bro.
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oluwaseunla(m): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
Op, just curious. Did every marriage you've seen follow the pattern you laid out up there?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 9:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
lilmax:
did you read it at all?
is it that long?

disloman:

i am not poking nose o.... just the i've seen lotta marriage issues.... Some involving close friends/relations happen right under my nose and believe me, its not palatable at all. I just wished i wasnt there at the time.

The thread where a husband is accusing his inlaw of interferin in his marriage by buying his wife a car, something like that happened to an aunt... After 3 kids.... Lotta packing outs and packing ins and finally packing out completely... I still have their wedding pictures... Those smiling faces.... Are now enemies.

You dont always have to go look for trouble..... There are sometimes when trouble will start right where you are sleeping......!!...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
oluwaseunla:
Op, just curious. Did every marriage you've seen follow the pattern you laid out up there?

65% of them follow that pattern.... 20% are are just tolerating thenselves cos they're "too old" to seperate.... its only 15% i can say are truely successful

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oluwaseunla(m): 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
oweniwe:

65% of them follow that pattern.... 20% are are just tolerating thenselves cos they're "too old" to seperate.... its only 15% i can say are truely successful

You said you don't envy them, but I think each person can determine which of the three groups you listed, he/she wants his/her marriage to belong.

Still wondering how you arrive at your figures though, but that's not what the thread is all about.

Peace!!!
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by baby124: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
Go and marry and stop rationalizing and convincing yourself not to get married.
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
oluwaseunla:

You said you don't envy them, but I think each person can determine which of the three groups you listed, he/she wants his/her marriage to belong.

ehn?? If i hear.....

So going by your logic, those whose marriages failed choosed to go the failed road ??

Who knows tomorrow? If you get married today, do you know if your sexually active wife will turn frigid after childbirth? Do you know how your wife will treat her inlaws?

I know a wife who sold off her husband's house after he lost his job.... Now your wife is all smiles, gentle and submissive cos you're giving her money regularly.... If you're out of work for over 6months, do you know what she will turn into?

What if you discover some unsavoury secrets about your spouse's past after getting married and regrets ever marrying him/her? How will the house be like? Always tensed..... The spouse will not even know wetin jam am....

Abeg... You can't say how long a marriage will last, its not by choice, but by neccessity..... One must always having "cards to "play" cos them moment you run out of what is making your spouse stay with you. If have nothing to offer again, even if your marriage is 30yrs old, OYO will be your second name

no oofeinse meant wink

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
baby124:
Go and marry and stop rationalizing and convincing yourself not to get married.

Na by force?

If i go and marry and my wife start nagging, na you go bear my headache?

You wan push me inside wahala ? tongue

abasi mbok ....!!...

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oluwaseunla(m): 10:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
oweniwe:

ehn?? If i hear.....

So going by your logic, those whose marriages failed choosed to go the failed road ??

Who knows tomorrow? If you get married today, do you know if your sexually active wife will turn frigid after childbirth? Do you know how your wife will treat her inlaws?

I know a wife who sold off her husband's house after he lost his job.... Now your wife is all smiles, gentle and submissive cos you're giving her money regularly.... If you're out of work for over 6months, do you know what she will turn into?

What if you discover some unsavoury secrets about your spouse's past after getting married and regrets ever marrying him/her? How will the house be like? Always tensed..... The spouse will not even know wetin jam am....

Abeg... You can't say how long a marriage will last, its not by choice, but by neccessity..... One must always having "cards to "play" cos them moment you run out of what is making your spouse stay with you. If have nothing to offer again, even if your marriage is 30yrs old, OYO will be your second name

no oofeinse meant wink

Aiit, let me spar words with you for a while. Maybe we'll both gain something from each other.

To your first question, I believe that sometimes, people in failed marriages un-intentionally choose that path for themselves. How? By marrying for the wrong reasons, or ignoring clear warning signs. Admittedly, there is a small percentage who doesn't fall into this category, but what can I say- they are unfortunate.

To your second paragraph, yes, no one knows tomorrow. In fact, I believe every marriage will experience some periods of testing. And I believe that is the time for the parties involved to pull together and work it out. There is never a problem without a solution. Just that the solution may not be easily found, or may not be pleasant. The trick here is marrying someone that complements you, and not marrying for those superficial things like looks, figure, success or money. Marry someone you are compatible with cos, when the strong winds start blowing (and God knows they eventually will), the superficial stuff will not save you.

Yeah we all know women that have done really crazy things to their family when things go wrong, but I dare say, not all women will do that. There is a reason why they say he who findeth a wife...

About your fourth paragraph, kindly refer to my second paragraph.

To your last paragraph about running out of things that is keeping your marriage stable; I still believe this is dependent on if the marriage is dependent on superficial things, or if the relationship is more deeply rooted than that. There are some things, you simply cannot run out of. If your marriage is dependent on those things, I dare say you are really favored.

So bro, waddya think?

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Dats y "no strings attached" will alwayz b ma motto

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2014

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by cococandy(f): 12:58am On Dec 31, 2014
1) keep your pants zipped. You can have self control if you want to. You own the dyck. it doesn't own you!

2) live up to your responsibility as a husband and father

3) ensure that your parents, siblings and relations keep their prying noses out of you and your wife's affairs.

And you will have a high chance of succeeding in your marriage.

If you do your part and it still fails, then we will blame your wife.
oweniwe:

ehn?? If i hear.....

no oofeinse meant wink

1 Like

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by LordReed(m): 5:10am On Dec 31, 2014
I just wonder why people think marriage is a magic formula that makes people perfect and Happy. Marriage is work, two people working together to achieve goals and dreams. So one person drops the ball and you think all will be well? If I go cheating I don't expect my wife to take it calmly similarly for her. You must hold up your end of the bargain. Lapses and errors can be mitigated but to wilfully jeopardize your union and still expect a pat on the back is craziness.

Once again MARRIAGE IS NOT MAGIC.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by cococandy(f): 5:14am On Dec 31, 2014
LordReed:
I just wonder why people think marriage is a magic formula that makes people perfect and Happy. Marriage is work, two people working together to achieve goals and dreams. So one person drops the ball and you think all will be well? If I go cheating I don't expect my wife to take it calmly similarly for her. You must hold up your end of the bargain. Elapses and errors can be mitigated but to wilfully jeopardize your union and still expect a pat on the back is craziness.

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by SAMBARRY: 5:18am On Dec 31, 2014
Some people say

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by SAMBARRY: 5:20am On Dec 31, 2014
It's also a common knowledge that

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by SAMBARRY: 5:21am On Dec 31, 2014
However

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 31, 2014
Marriage is overrated and it's only fair that society doesn't make it into the obligation it is. I agree with the OP. There should be choice and those who feel marriage is too much work for them should be allowed to politely excuse themselves.
Now, you'd wish that was the case.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 8:09am On Dec 31, 2014
cococandy:

1) keep your pants zipped. You can have self control if you want to. You own the dyck. it doesn't own you!

its not really about me, but what i have seen about marriage...

With regards to the above, i am sure you know some guys who change girlfriends every four months.... In the uni, there are folks who change boyfriend/girlfriend every semester....

Now if someone like that gets married, what probability is it that he will stay faithful to his wife? E don enter blood o..... For someone who have had over 20 girlfriends to stay faithful to one wife after marriage.... That will be a miracle......!!...

And ....bia.... Why did u excuse the ladies?... Na only men get wondering dyke? Married Women nor dey carry den kpekus waka waka too? After one company conference, i went to visit a friend lodge in the hotel.... What i saw baffled me... The pple randomely match make demselves... Married women plenty.... All a man had to do is just to hold any woman's hand and lead her to his room..... Infact, to me, married women are as unfaithful as men jor... Just that they keep it secret... She will dress up in blouse.... "i am going to the market".... Disappear to one alinco's crib.... go do small shopping... Come back home forming holy mary cheesy

marriage is the union of opposites.... Hot temper man nor dey marry hot temper woman..... Fat nor dey marry fat..... Same way, cheater nor dey marry cheater.... Bad nor dey marry bad

You cant marry someone that is every way like you.... If you are a good good, you will marry bad bad

though there may be some exceptions but most are like that.....!!... wink

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2014
SAMBARRY:
It's also a common knowledge that

what do u really mean by dat?
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 31, 2014
LordReed:
I just wonder why people think marriage is a magic formula that makes people perfect and Happy. Marriage is work, two people working together to achieve goals and dreams. So one person drops the ball and you think all will be well? If I go cheating I don't expect my wife to take it calmly similarly for her. You must hold up your end of the bargain. Lapses and errors can be mitigated but to wilfully jeopardize your union and still expect a pat on the back is craziness.

Spot on! That is the problem with people. they always believe all their problems will be solved by their spouse. always believing they can jeopardize the marriage without wanting it to break thereby eating their cake and wanting to have it. How is that possible? What peace of mind is a man who cheats on his wife expecting? People fantasize a lot when it comes to marriage. They dont know marriage is work by both husband and wife.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Caveatemptor(m): 10:33am On Dec 31, 2014
@OP,
Witty and brutally frank write up.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Marriage is not by force or compulsory.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 31, 2014
You don't have to envy them- they don't envy you too. tongue
Whether y'all like it or Yes, there are still model marriages out there...why don't you ever use those ones to draw your inference (s)?
It takes two to make that stuff work...it's a mutual work, not parasitism. Just like we paddle a canoe in two directions to keep it straight, that's how we paddle the marriage too.
That patience you implore with your hanging BlackBerry...put it into your marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 11:09am On Dec 31, 2014
goofyone; Caveatemptor;

fortunately or unfortunately..... Just like going to school, getting a job, having childre..... Marriage is seen as one of life's "exams" we all have to sit for.... And like a typically hard exam, not everybody will pass it.

If one don't attempt it, one will be seen as a failure....

Why i said "unfortunately" is that what one score in marriage "exam" is hardly determined by one's level of preparedness. Some who are not prepared for marriage do score reasonable marks..... While some would spend hundred millions on wedding only for the marriage to fail after a year.... Even six months sef...

Thats life for you o darrrliiinngg.......!!...
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by LordReed(m): 11:24am On Dec 31, 2014
oweniwe:
goofyone; Caveatemptor;

fortunately or unfortunately..... Just like going to school, getting a job, having childre..... Marriage is seen as one of life's "exams" we all have to sit for.... And like a typically hard exam, not everybody will pass it.

Why i said "unfortunately" is that what one score in marriage "exam" is hardly determined by one's level of preparedness. Some who are not prepared for marriage do score reasonable marks..... While some would spend hundred millions on wedding only for the marriage to fail after a year.... Even six months sef...

smiley

LoL! So spending millions is now equal to good preparation for marriage?
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2014
oweniwe:
goofyone; Caveatemptor;

smiley
Yeah, it's seen as an exam. But I don't subscribe to the fact that everyone HAS TO take this exam. Those who wish to be excused should certainly be granted that option. Unfortunately, marriage is seen as a must-be in this dented society that has no value for independence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 / I Want To Give My Baby Up For Adoption / Boy Pregnant His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.