Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

I Dont Envy Married People At All - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Dont Envy Married People At All (7788 Views)

Is It Right For Married People To Go Clubbing ??? / Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2015
cococandy:
I read that thread too. More men cussed the guy out than ladies. Are they feminists too?
What's with the obsession?
there's nothing wrong with a woman sticking to her faith. Everyone should be responsible for their own salvation. You won't be the one to stand for her on the great judgement day. So the choice of where and how to worship should be the exclusive right of every grown adult.
Problem is they should have been in agreement before marriage. Big mistake
All I can say is that you still have a lot of growing to do if you're the one that typed this.
Just get married first. Let's see how your family will make it without you helping out around the house. Except you have a wife who's willing to be a fulltime house wife. No extra job.
If not, you can't get away from house work except you're prepared for a crashed marriage:
Or you literally marry a mule or work horse. Literally.
you must have met a lot of disturbed ladies. Get them help:

You sha have energy to fetch water with a basket
Goodluck. He has a disturbing idea of what marriage neans and is ready to defend it with his life, dont bother, only pray he never gets married and subjects an innocent persons child to this trash he believes

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by cococandy(f): 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
aisha2:

You sha have energy to fetch water with a basket
Goodluck. He has a disturbing idea of what marriage neans and is ready to defend it with his life, dont bother, only pray he never gets married and subjects an innocent persons child to this trash he believes
I blame the women who encourage such nonsense by the kind of training they give their sons.
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2015
cococandy:
I blame the women who encourage such nonsense by the kind of training they give their sons.

Enough of blaming the mothers. The fathers probably did the same thing and they are coping
Not everything is a woman's fault.
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 01, 2015
OP, all u said is the effin truth
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by cococandy(f): 10:44pm On Jan 01, 2015
aisha2:

Enough of blaming the mothers. The fathers probably did the same thing and they are coping
Not everything is a woman's fault.

Well it is unproductive to blame the fathers in my opinion (even though I like to)
human beings being selfish won't like to change a system that favors them.

Waiting for a man who is law unto himself to teach a son that marriage is more than getting his ego stroked and all his bullsh1t swallowed will just be a waste of time.

It is left for the women to show their sons by the way they relate with their fathers and by the teachings they give their kids that marriage is not all about the man but about the couple and kids.

Most of them grew up seeing their moms swallow poo all the time. It will be hard to disabuse their minds when they are grown of the notion that their wives have to replicas of their moms.

It starts from the foundation.
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 4:09am On Jan 02, 2015
Only on nairaland is the definition of feminism:- male bloodsucking vampires grin
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 02, 2015
cococandy:

Well it is unproductive to blame the fathers in my opinion (even though I like to)
human beings being selfish won't like to change a system that favors them.
Waiting for a man who is law unto himself to teach a son that marriage is more than getting his ego stroked and all his bullsh1t swallowed will just be a waste of time.
It is left for the women to show their sons by the way they relate with their fathers and by the teachings they give their kids that marriage is not all about the man but about the couple and kids.
Most of them grew up seeing their moms swallow poo all the time. It will be hard to disabuse their minds when they are grown of the notion that their wives have to replicas of their moms.
It starts from the foundation.

A woman who has been emotionally and totally mentally abused cannot be in the right state of mind to teach any lessons. She would have been told to stay fast and pray, everyone telling her that cannot be wrong she reasons. I would only blame her for not loving herself enough to remove herself from a bad situation, I wont totally blame her for a son turning out like his dad, it takes two. Child raising is not all on the woman
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 7:49am On Jan 02, 2015
armyofone:
Owen,

Good thing you said it yourself that you're planning to have three money spinning machines before you marry grin
May they never run dry.
We all pray for men with strong head on their shoulders grin
All hands must be on deck for marriage to be successful. If she is serving you BF/dinner all the time, make efforts to serve her too. And be understanding when she is tired.

Happy new year.

you made me all smiles...!!.... smiley

helping out with house chores is not a problem oo.... Its jus that... Some women, when they have seen that you can do those things well, they will start feinging tired, sick then stroll majestically around the house while u're washing.... Lemme searc out this thing....

Letter To My Uncaring Father-In- Law:
I thought you’d taken care of all the cultural know-how every lady should possess, that you’d instilled discipline in her. I believed you made hard work a priority and that all your daughters knew the drill, from sweeping the house and doing the laundry. I’ve been doing that myself all this years; I wash my clothes because Madam cannot use the washing machine.

I sweep my room, lay my bed and even
cook sometimes. Your daughter is always too busy with her phones to notice anything. You should come around unannounced one of these days; you’d think she’s the maid.
She’s always looking unappealing, like
one who needs sometime with the
Shrink.

My people are scared for me; especially my Mother until death took her.
Right in front of my younger sister I
scrubbed the floors of the house in our
second year and none of your daughters cared to help. Your ounger daughter was with us on
holidays then

www.nairaland.com/2066994/letter-uncaring-father-in-law

thats what i mean.... Once she know you can do those things, she will start misbehaving

1 Like

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 9:09am On Jan 02, 2015
cococandy:
I read that thread too. More men cussed the guy out than ladies. Are they feminists too?
What's with the obsession?

there's nothing wrong with a woman sticking to her faith. Everyone should be responsible for their own salvation. You won't be the one to stand for her on the great judgement day. So the choice of where and how to worship should be the exclusive right of every grown adult.

Problem is they should have been in agreement before marriage. Big mistake

All I can say is that you still have a lot of growing to do if you're the one that typed this.

Just get married first. Let's see how your family will make it without you helping out around the house. Except you have a wife who's willing to be a fulltime house wife. No extra job.
If not, you can't get away from house work except you're prepared for a crashed marriage:
Or you literally marry a mule or work horse. Literally.
you must have met a lot of disturbed ladies. Get them help:

you're the one who needs to loosen your rigid mentality.... There's nothing wrong with sticking with one's church....ok.... They should have agreed before marriage abi...??... I know your kind of ladies... Before marriage, they will acting soft and sweet... Which lady will jeopardize the prospect of getting married by refusing to go her fiance's church?..... It is only after the wedding that they will start those strong head-uncompromising rules.... There's nothing wrong with going to your spouse's church once in a blue moon.... But refusing to go to husband church at all even when he do visit your church sometimes if invited.... Maybe you don't know simple issues like that do crash marriages....

you're the one who need to grow up.... Every group have their own culture... Even the Americans you look up to have their culture.... When you get married to somebody, you have to jell and move alone with the person's cultural orientation too... Otherwise... Am sorry to say... The marriage wont last long.

On my side here, women dont knee down to greet men and neither do men postrate to greet elders, just bow a little.... Though i grew up in the west... After uni and nysc in the east, i went to abeokuta for a visit and was shocked to see ladies bending knees to greet and guys semi-postrating for elders.... Now my point is... Assuming you marry a yoruba guy and after wedding, you lock head and say "since kneeling down is not a part of my culture, i will not kneel down to greet my husband or inlaws again".... No matter how gentle/easy going the husband may be, he will not be happy if his mom comes to visit and you dont knee down to greet her... If you are an Idemili woman... You told your husband that they dont kill python in your village...and yet he killed a small python in the compound, will you be happy..??... Its not about kneeling down... Its about the culture... If you say u no wan kneel to greet ur husband, go marry onyibo..!!..

If i say ladies are hypocrites now, you will call me a chauvinist... You do know most ladies prefer men who can control them and yet you're forming "they are crazy ladies"... Naija women will say something and do the opposite... Am sure you're one of those strong willed ladies who will say they need a man who can control their wild part wink

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 9:15am On Jan 02, 2015
cococandy:
Your fear of marriage (from your posts )
so far can be summarized thus:
1) you're afraid of getting married to a
woman who won't tolerate your
cheating because it is in the blood and
you can't help it
2) you're afraid of actually doing your own house work. Your own family
home! Smh
3)you may not live a good life if you
marry a wife who doesn't kneek down
to greet you. What a funny feargrin In summary you don't have any
genuine fear. Just the regular spoiled nigerian dude who has been raised to think a dyck gives him extra priviledges and is growing up to realize that life is not really like that hence the fear to go into a kind of life he wasn't aware of until now. Times have changed. Get with the program or get left behind.

where did i say i will cheat on my wife..??... I said the basic reason why people cheat is cos they've been involved in multiple relationships in the past so find it hard to stay faithful after marriage... Does that mean i jump jump into every skirt i see...??... Maybe you didnt do psychology... There is something called "observation method" in psychology...Ok....!!...

I dont want to do house chore..??.. You make me laugh... I dont have any problem with that.... I do cook for myself and clean my house, ok...??... What am not cool with is a woman using that as excuse not to do her job... "darling, am having headache, pls do the cooking".... I say ok...go to the kitchen only to come out and see her watching kardeshians while tapping Z10.... I know you're just teasing me jor so i'll let it pass.....!!... grin

Little things like kneeling down does matter o.... Naija women and double dealings.... Do as i say but not as i do... Na una same women forming here go open mouth condemn a divorced lady say, "see your marriage have crash now, what is inside kneeling down that you cannot do for your husband/inlaws" ... cheesy .... If a guy refuse to open car door for you on a date... Or forgot ur birthday.... You will be screaming blue murder..... shocked

i nor fit touch any lady who reason like that... Even with a very loooongg stick grin

1 Like

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by KanwuliaJara: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2015
Please, pity us o!
We are really suffering!
Nigerian marriages NA HELL! cry

1 Like

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 10:27am On Jan 02, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Please, pity us o!
We are really suffering!
Nigerian marriages NA HELL! cry

Nigerian marriages are not hell ooo
just that the couple refuse to reach compromise over little issues...and those things later turn to big quarrels..

The key is nipping those little things when they crop up and not waving them off cos they tend to build up over time when ignored....

Is it American or British marriage that is sweet..??... Why then do they divorce anyhow...??.... Kate henshaw wey seperate from onyibo husband... Na naija marriage..??... What about Tai & Sheila sholarin...??... That woman (sheila) try... !!... smiley
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 10:36am On Jan 02, 2015
aisha2:

A woman who has been emotionally and totally mentally abused cannot be in the right state of mind to teach any lessons. She would have been told to stay fast and pray, everyone telling her that cannot be wrong she reasons. I would only blame her for not loving herself enough to remove herself from a bad situation, I wont totally blame her for a son turning out like his dad, it takes two. Child raising is not all on the woman

one thing i have observed about you... Is that you give up on challenges easily.... Na to pack and waka.... Every woman facing problem in marriage should pack abi? If she leave and d kids take after their father, whose fault is it? Women dont have their own palava too?

Abeg make we clap for you....!!..

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by papi7007: 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
Marriage is a journey embarked on between two individuals from different background and often times also with different upbringing. For these reasons, friction and misunderstanding is likely to erupt between newly married couples at the initial stage because you suddenly realise your ways of doing things are not the same. The blame game sets in, you try to correct and manipulate other half to suit your way all in a jiffy, arguments arises, I don't like this, you don't do that, why not do that, do it that way etc. From experience, here are few pointers I think can sustain a marriage.

1) Money is the manure for love; A man must provide for his family.

2) marriage should not be seen as a competition, it's a joint effort

3) effective communication should be established without raising eyebrows

4) There must be trust between both partners, no need sniffing around looking for clues to distrust your other half

5) Give each other some space every now and then, travel away and spend time alone. It will allow you miss each other and might just re ignite the love .

6) A wife must, except when ill be willing to give her body to her husband when he's in need. Do not deny your husband of sex if you want to keep him. Try to initiate it and spice it up with different positions.

I will add more soonest. ......

1 Like

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by lilmax(m): 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mondisweets:
Only on nairaland is the definition of feminism:- male bloodsucking vampires grin
this is 2015
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mondisweets:

so... How would you define feminism? smiley

1 Like

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
oweniwe:

so... How would you define feminism? smiley
Feminist theory aims to understand gender inequality and focuses on gender politics, power relations, and sexuality. While providing a critique of these social and political relations, much of feminist theory also focuses on the promotion of women's rights and interests. Themes explored in feminist theory include discrimination, stereotyping, objectification (especially sexual objectification), oppression, and patriarchy.
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by babygirlfl: 1:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mondisweets:

Feminist theory aims to understand gender inequality and focuses on gender politics, power relations, and sexuality. While providing a critique of these social and political relations, much of feminist theory also focuses on the promotion of women's rights and interests. Themes explored in feminist theory include discrimination, stereotyping, objectification (especially sexual objectification), oppression, and patriarchy.
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mondisweets:

thats where the problem is.... something... The most important thing was excluded... The family...!!...

....."politics, power relations, and sexuality. While providing a critique of these social and political relations, much of feminist theory also focuses on the promotion of women's rights and interests"...... There's nowhere the family is taken into consideration here, which could mean feminism is not meant to be even 'tried" at home...!!...

I now see why most women who try to apply feminism to the home front end up broken into pieces sad

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2015
oweniwe:

thats where the problem is.... something... The most important thing was excluded... The family...!!...

....."politics, power relations, and sexuality. While providing a critique of these social and political relations, much of feminist theory also focuses on the promotion of women's rights and interests"...... There's nowhere the family is taken into consideration here, which could mean feminism is not meant to be even 'tried" at home...!!...

I now see why most women who try to apply feminism to the home front end up broken into pieces sad
If feminism doesn't take into account family tell me why many feminists are married? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mondisweets:
If feminism doesn't take into account family tell me why many feminists are married? undecided

"feminism" is not written on women's head so you cant really say who is or who is not a feminist...

Even dos u are referring to... Though they may practice it at work or at social gatherings.... When at home, they're very traditional....

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
oweniwe:

"feminism" is not written on women's head so you cant really say who is or who is not a feminist...

Even dos u are referring to... Though they may practice it at work or at social gatherings.... When at home, they're very traditional....
grin please just go to sleep abeg
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mondisweets:
grin please just go to sleep abeg

come and sing lullaby for me wink
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
oweniwe:

come and sing lullaby for me wink
You want to damage your ear drums? Okay challenge accepted grin
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mondisweets:
You want to damage your ear drums? Okay challenge accepted grin

is your voice so loud....??....

Louder than a 1,200 watts woofer...??..

If its not above that, then my ears will gladly welcome your mondisweet voice cheesy
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
oweniwe:

is your voice so loud....??....

Louder than a 1,200 watts woofer...??..

If its not above that, then my ears will gladly welcome your mondisweet voice cheesy
Its can break a glass
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mondisweets:
my ears are made of brass tongue
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
Pics or you are lying
oweniwe:

my ears are made of brass tongue
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 7:14am On Jan 03, 2015
Mondisweets:
Pics or you are lying

if i post the pixs, i will be banned.....!!...

But must u sing at the top of your voice...??... Dont you pity your lungs....??..

Well, morning don reach.... I don sleep.... I don wake..... Is there still any need for lullaby..... smiley
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 03, 2015
oweniwe:

if i post the pixs, i will be banned.....!!...

But must u sing at the top of your voice...??... Dont you pity your lungs....??..

Well, morning don reach.... I don sleep.... I don wake..... Is there still any need for lullaby..... smiley
I dont know any lullabies o grew up in the village, while others were learning lullabies we were busy throwing stones at each other by the stream embarassed
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by oweniwe(m): 9:39am On Jan 03, 2015
Mondisweets:
[

surely, you must know how to sing folklores then cheesy
Re: I Dont Envy Married People At All by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 06, 2018
LMAO. Funny and very true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 / Ten Qualities Of A Wife Material / Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.