Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever (50982 Views)

Benue Massacre: Ortom Lazy, Not Qualified To Be Governor - Nyesom Wike / End Of The Road For Nyesom Wike - By Abu Njakku (Daily Trust) / Jonathan's Campaign Billboard Burnt In Abuja After Poll Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by viciati(m): 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
This shows the insensitivity of the PDP as a whole.
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by Femi2Ranking(m): 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
DesChyko:

Do you know the implication of this to Nairaland if it is photoshopped? Do you know what 'defamation' means and it's consequence?

Don't be blindly selfish.
. it is real jare
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by homesteady(m): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
Demdem:

As senseless as Wike campaign board. Are u Chike Wogu?

homesteady:
Oshiomhole had a similar advert on TV during the last election! its even the same sef! Na only the head them change, its the same body!
Oshio baba own was a live match, not just pictures like this one gringrin
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by tola9ja: 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
PDP governor be like
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by jamace(m): 12:44pm On Jan 02, 2015
grin grin Chai, I don laff come crak my ribs. Yes o. PDP show them. grin grin
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by Abagworo(m): 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
Now this is an excellent comedy. Dee Julius should make sure he features Wike in the next " Crack Ya Ribs".

1 Like

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by Atigba: 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nothing wrong with the advert

If you don't like it kindly kill ur self

Wike for gov 2015

The right man for the job

Oshomole did worst in Edo state during the last election

1 Like

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by Demdem(m): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
homesteady:

And how does this affect me? Showcase that of Oshiomole if u are damn serious and see my response. Better still open another thread for it

1 Like

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by HopeAtHand: 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nice concept.

We need the version Where GEJ killed Buhari and burried him 6ft in the ground, because when Jega will announce next elections result, Buhari will die instantly from heart attack.

1 Like

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by AreaFada2: 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
Actually in 9ja, competing for a political office is more than wrestling. It is actually do or die.

I think it's a comical way of depicting an otherwise serious matter.

There's most honesty in it than most. It's battle royal in 9ja polity. With assassinations and voodoo stuff all included.
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by emecheboy2(m): 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
Lolz this is big lie, my cousin who lives in ph said there is no such poster. Meanwhile for ict and tech news and information from around the globe logon to anabisystems..com. spread the word and have a lovely new year. You can also follow us on twitter @anabisystems
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by emmykk(m): 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
Address of where this billlbord is located in PH or i dont believe it. i live in PH.

In btw, those commenting recklessly and calling wike names even when the above billboard thread has no credible source like a daily newspaper show that most Nairalanders are dumbBaby

GEJ till 2019
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by DesChyko: 12:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
Femi2Ranking:
. it is real jare

So they say and I believe.
It's no crime to want to do things the right way.
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by naijasaints: 12:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
Wike is a clown..If anyone in Rivers state votes for him then i pity that state.
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by Demdem(m): 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2015
DesChyko:

Do you know the implication of this to Nairaland if it is photoshopped? Do you know what 'defamation' means and it's consequence?

Don't be blindly selfish.

It's u that is being hypocritically foolish.
Did the op not give a source?
When did NL start asking members to go out and confirm a story first before posting it on FP? If she doesn't, why start with this?
I'm prepared for ur pathetic kind this year. This i assure u.

5 Likes

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by tola9ja: 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mr. President Sir,
I VOW NOT TO VOTE YOU!
I am writing this letter under fear of attack with tears in my eyes. I am a card carrying member of PDP and I am not a member of any secret society. So, I am not under any oat of blind allegiance. I am a patriotic Nigerian that can give his life for Nigeria.
You can't deny us the comfort and simple luxuries in life, all in the name of leadership that you took an oat to give your best. Since your best cannot protect us the defenseless citizens in our villages, homes, schools, places of worship, markets, etc. Then, the best is to allow we the people to choose who can give us protection, inspire us to live like true citizens and let us also redeem our pledges to humanity. Despite the fact that we are not equal but, we all love good things in life. As you love to see your own children so, we also love to raise our kids.
FOR ME AS A CITIZEN FROM THE NORTH EAST, YOU SHOULD NOT EXPECT MY VOTE, YOU KNOW WHY, BECAUSE YOU REFUSED TO BELIEVE THAT OUR SISTERS AND CHILDREN WERE STOLEN AND TO A DAY LIKE THIS, NONE OF THEM IS HOME BECAUSE YOU REFUSED TO ACT. THEREFORE, GO HOME AND CRY FOR LOOSING THE 2015 ELECTIONS! WE LOST MORE THAN ELECTIONS, WE LOST LIVES AND STILL LOSING ALL WE HAVE.
Yours,
NO VOTE!

2 Likes

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by geogino(m): 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
CharlesPhc:
I stay in Phc and wish to challenge the OP to state the name of the street where this billbaord is and i will drive there immediately to take my own snapshots.
I am not in any Political party therefore does not support neither Wike nor Dakuku but i don't support lies just for selfish gains...!!!

The billboard is facing traffic from Tombia extension d junction along Ikwerre road.ie,coming from Genesis after mandela carwash-u get past royal house of grace jst facing you oposite the field I guess its called civic centre junction.
The billboard is so funi. Always lol anytime I pass there.

1 Like

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by tola9ja: 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
Why Muhammadu Buhari will win - Aljazeera
Buhari remains the single most popular man in
northern Nigeria. Despite lacking real party
structure, Buhari, with CPC in 2011, defeated
Jonathan in Yobe, Borno, Zamfara, Sokoto, Niger,
Kebbi, Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Gombe and Jigawa.
He single-handedly polled a total of 12,214,853
votes, which amounted to 54.3 percent of
Jonathan's tally. Riding on the back of APC's
nationwide structure backed by 14 governors and
their war chest, a Buhari victory in 2015 is quite
possible.
Buhari is popular outside the north as well. Four
days after he created his Twitter account
(@ThisIsBuhari), he had already amassed 45,000
followers. This is testament to Buhari's growing
national - not just northern - acceptability, because
the north remains Nigeria's least literate zone. The
north, therefore, has a sparse population of Internet
users, which means that Buhari's crowd of Twitter
followers probably come from across the country.
In truth, Buhari cannot take full credit for his
popularity outside the north. Full marks should go
to Goodluck Jonathan, the man who has unravelled
as the antithesis of his opponent's unique selling
point.
Presidential spokesman Reuben Abati can deliver
the floweriest prose about his boss's aversion to
corruption while his colleague Doyin Okupe hurls
the foulest words at the opposition and other
Nigerians daily puncturing the president's
professed incorruptibility. But the majority of
Nigerians have come to accept that Jonathan, even
if re-elected for 10 terms, will never fight
corruption. The courage is lacking, the political will
is nonexistent, the desperation for re-election is so
consuming that he would not hurt the weakest of
his corrupt political allies. So Nigerians are
prepared to turn to Buhari, unarguably the least
stained presidential aspirant in the eyes of the
people.
When APC was formed in February 2013, senior
PDP figures dismissed it as a failure-bound union
of four parties. Who would blame them? Many
were sceptical that this merger would not survive
even a year. Yet, in another two months, this
merger would be two years old. But that is not the
story.
The story is that all APC presidential aspirants
defeated by Buhari have offered him their support.
Few expected it. Atiku Abubakar, the man most
expected to bolt out of APC in the event of a loss,
congratulated Buhari the moment the ex-general's
vote count overtook his, even though the winner
had not yet been officially announced at the time.
There is a massive movement for Buhari, which
Jonathan didn't face in 2011.

4 Likes

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by swiz005(m): 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
I think it's off ikwerre road in PH.. I have seen it before and baffled. Though i think this was done by his supporters and not him directly.. But funny though.
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by franklampard082(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
Once a tout, always a tout

1 Like

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by PStacks(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
Daguccizgreat:
There is no way a squirrel can challenge a lion to a fight. Pdp is just too strong for Apc. No sentiment, it's a FACT

Everybody knew Goliath was stronger and bigger than David. Pls say something else

2 Likes

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by redcliff: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
Amaechi has been screaming of the toutish nature of this man and his croonies... this just goes to confirm it..any right thinking person should not even vote for this man.. lol

3 Likes

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by swiz005(m): 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
Winpi* Junction to be exact. Go check it out.
swiz005:
I think it's off ikwerre road in PH.. I have seen it before and baffled. Though i think this was done by his supporters and not him directly.. But funny though.
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by PhockPhockMan: 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
barcanista:
Wike cannot govern rivers state for now. Apart from the riverine shift, Wike is very incompetent and thuggish. He isn't qualified to govern rivers. Peterside 4 Governor #APC
In as much as I don't like Wike to be the governor, I don't think it's safe to hand over the affairs of the state to APC, Since Amaechi joined APC, Rivers State has been going down the drain.
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by redcliff: 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
tola9ja:
Why Muhammadu Buhari will win - Aljazeera
Buhari remains the single most popular man in
northern Nigeria. Despite lacking real party
structure, Buhari, with CPC in 2011, defeated
Jonathan in Yobe, Borno, Zamfara, Sokoto, Niger,
Kebbi, Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Gombe and Jigawa.
He single-handedly polled a total of 12,214,853
votes, which amounted to 54.3 percent of
Jonathan's tally. Riding on the back of APC's
nationwide structure backed by 14 governors and
their war chest, a Buhari victory in 2015 is quite
possible.
Buhari is popular outside the north as well. Four
days after he created his Twitter account
(@ThisIsBuhari), he had already amassed 45,000
followers. This is testament to Buhari's growing
national - not just northern - acceptability, because
the north remains Nigeria's least literate zone. The
north, therefore, has a sparse population of Internet
users, which means that Buhari's crowd of Twitter
followers probably come from across the country.
In truth, Buhari cannot take full credit for his
popularity outside the north. Full marks should go
to Goodluck Jonathan, the man who has unravelled
as the antithesis of his opponent's unique selling
point.
Presidential spokesman Reuben Abati can deliver
the floweriest prose about his boss's aversion to
corruption while his colleague Doyin Okupe hurls
the foulest words at the opposition and other
Nigerians daily puncturing the president's
professed incorruptibility. But the majority of
Nigerians have come to accept that Jonathan, even
if re-elected for 10 terms, will never fight
corruption. The courage is lacking, the political will
is nonexistent, the desperation for re-election is so
consuming that he would not hurt the weakest of
his corrupt political allies. So Nigerians are
prepared to turn to Buhari, unarguably the least
stained presidential aspirant in the eyes of the
people.
When APC was formed in February 2013, senior
PDP figures dismissed it as a failure-bound union
of four parties. Who would blame them? Many
were sceptical that this merger would not survive
even a year. Yet, in another two months, this
merger would be two years old. But that is not the
story.
The story is that all APC presidential aspirants
defeated by Buhari have offered him their support.
Few expected it. Atiku Abubakar, the man most
expected to bolt out of APC in the event of a loss,
congratulated Buhari the moment the ex-general's
vote count overtook his, even though the winner
had not yet been officially announced at the time.
There is a massive movement for Buhari, which
Jonathan didn't face in 2011.

This post right here is the begining and the end of the full story!

1 Like

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
In as much as I don't like Wike to be the governor, I don't think it's safe to hand over the affairs of the state to APC, Since Amaechi joined APC, Rivers State has been going down the drain.
That is because the Presidency and Rivers PDP are making life difficult for his government.

3 Likes

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by ogunniyi2: 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
Daguccizgreat:
There is no way a squirrel can challenge a lion to a fight. Pdp is just too strong for Apc. No sentiment, it's a FACT
you are dreaming

1 Like

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
As you guys can see, it wasn't made by Wike himself, but sponsored by someone that wanted to be in his good graces.

However, na this kind of poster that will score high with voters..
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
POLITICS IN NIGERIA IS A JOKE

It was put up by one of his supporters trying to do him a favour. I am not in support of Wike or Amaechi, but this is what happens when you allow people campaign for you without properly checking the content of what they intend to put out in Public. It speaks completely about the childish mentality of his supporters and the unstructured campaign structure he has. Things like this need to be approved before putting them up. He should tell his supporters not to put up anything on his behalf without passing through the Campaign Managers for Wike or the PDP.

The message simply says

''Wike is going to the Rivers State Government House to Wrestle. He has kicked the behind of Amaechi and emerged world champion of Government wrestlers. Rivers State people beware for Wike will wrestle you to finish if you dare him''.

So they now confirm that Wike was (or is still) fighting Amaechi on behalf of the Federal Government right?

Trully

''Dharma destroys those who try to destroy it; Dharma protects when it is protected. Therefore Dharma must not be violated, otherwise violated dharma destroys us''.

We violate the law in this country. The lack of law upholding and abiding leaders and followers will destroy this country called Nigeria one day if we are not careful. May that day never come.

2 Likes

Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hahahaha.
What is this...
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by Fribery: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
emmykk:
Address of where this billlbord is located in PH or i dont believe it. i live in PH.

In btw, those commenting recklessly and calling wike names even when the above billboard thread has no credible source like a daily newspaper show that most Nairalanders are dumbBaby

GEJ till 2019

hey! wat if I told u iv seen it. or do u think his supporters are not capable of doing such??

you know what.. just stand up 4rm dat ur 1bedroom flat n take a cab to civic centre jnc...

let me inform u too dat its not opposition parties dat did d poster. bcus d day I passed dere, pdp were holding an occasion there.. canopy n chairs whr allover the place..

nothing against Wike tho but dat signboard ain't right. jus bcus anoda person did it doesn't justify it.
Re: This Nyesom Wike Campaign Billboard Will Contend For The Tackiest Ever by sheunpompey1: 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2015
A poster like this is peculiar to peeps from Niger Delta U guys have mentioned Oshiomole, Jonathan, even Amechi... It is no big deal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Police Inspect Markets And Buses To Ensure Compliance With LASG Directives / Atiku Reacts To The Killings Of 66 People In Kaduna / Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.