Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? (17662 Views)

Thugs Sent To Kill John Eke Njoku, Abia Local Government Chairman Caught / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion / PDP Chairman And 11 Other Members Defect To Buhari's APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by scribble: 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
I dont stay in Alimosho LG

but here is a video of their LG chairman who is APC doing satanic rituals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AgCxSkUSC4

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
Very interesting thread.

I think part of the problem is that our nation's economy is a share the oil money economy. As a result, we have a situation where you can do nothing....and the oil money will come in.

Perhaps if we made a law that would link yearly allocations to the number of projects completed....ie....if you do not do x no of projects....your allocation is reduced by 30%......something like that....we could lave some LGA chairmen sitting up.

I guess people also should take an active part in how their LGA is run. If your chair is chopping the kudi....protests work. He can't get rid of thousands of people at his gate.

But ultimately.....Nigerians should stop thinking that leadership is your ''time to shine!" (You know what I mean)

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Handsomeemmy(m): 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
Where are the. E-warriors? We Blame Gej for everything yet most people don't know anything about in the helm of affair in their local govt or the projected that Has been executed or achievement.

Some people will deliberately avoid this thread because they don't want people to laugh at them.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by iamord(m): 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
himkers:
Prince Iloh is my chairman (Awka south). He is an a$s hole. LG system should be scrapped in Nigeria.
its actually one of the most important systems considering its connection with the grass roots! The citizens of each loacl gov need to become more responsible! , participate in local government meetings and Demand accountability.. That's where majority of the problem is from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by banky222: 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
State governors are actually the ones running Local govt these days. In EDO state, d state government only release peanuts to d LGs to pay their staff salaries. LGs will only become relevant if they are given autonomy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by sarutobie(m): 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
and that is how this thread exposed the absolute unawareness, unenlightened and total disconnect of nigerians and the various tier of government (even the one closest to them) all they know is " upon say we get oyel" "corruption" "pdp is our problem" "it is the APC that caused"...NO it is not really corruption, but una collective cluelessness and 'I don't care attitude' about the happenings in your country!

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by benedictac(f): 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
UncleSnr:
I reside in Gwagwalada Area Council of FCT, and the Local Area Council Chairman is Abu Giri (Not too sure of the spelling).
I don't know of any project executed by him.

u try as u know ur Chairman's name I don't even know the name of my state Deputy Gov's name. Don't know if it's a man or woman
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by onatisi(m): 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
eph12:
Sadly enough we don't know that our local government chairmen also have their own part to play in developing our immediate environment.
thank you for this comment. Majority of nigerians keep shouting gej gej and fg without realizing that the local goverment is supposed to help in making the impact of the dividends of democracy felt by the people. But when local government refuse to do their job ,that is where the problem starts . Secondly ,nigerians should start asking what their local government are doing with the huge sums of money allocated to them money by the fg, majority of lgs in nigeria collects about 50million naira on a monthly basis . What do they use it for ? Thirdly , since states are the ones that collects lg funds from the fg,that is why they seem to have so much control over them,there was some clamour sometime ago that lg should be collecting their money directly from the fg ,but governors rejected this vehemently . the problem with nigeria isn't just that of fg but the 3 levels of governance .

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by oweman: 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
My local govrernment is kabba/bunu in Kogi state ; the local council was recently disolved by the govetnor following a court judgement to that effect meanwhile my local chairman was Hon. Funsho. Otu he recently took a bank loan of #150 million and pocket it the councillors suspendef him the governor came to his rescue and he dobale ( prostated on the floor ) pleading and the governor wave him on as a loyal member of the pdp now he is gone and his prostration cover the #150 million he is now angling for the house of representative seat .
A STRONG & LOYAL MEMBER OF PDP .
JUST LIKE JONATHAN CORRUPTION IS NOT STEALING .
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
benedictac:

u try as u know ur Chairman's name I don't even know the name of my state Deputy Gov's name. Don't know if it's a man or woman

Oya clap for yasef
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
wen d people r not affected by dier state and fg, u expect dem to reason local. d political awareness is too poor is dis kantry
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by RebelLeader15(m): 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
I Hon(Chief HERBALIST) Agbalowomeri RebelLeader15 wish to announce to the general public that I am the proud owner of the 3 spaces.

I booked and have paid for it....

So beware of 419s including my son KAMORU (Omo ale jatijati) and Nairaland

If you are interested in buying any of the space, pls call my number 08169343652

Hon(Chief HERBALIST) Agbalowomeri RebelLeader15 announcing for the Family

Hon Niyi Pirisola is the Chairman of My local govt in Okitipupa Ondo state.

He was beaten by angry mob at Igbotako.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by charlsecy(m): 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
The structure of our "federalism" leaves the local councils at the mercy of state governments.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by benedictac(f): 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
himkers:

Oya clap for yasef

kpa kpa kpa kpa kpa kpaaa
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by redsun(m): 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
Good question. All they do is share the monthly or quarterly allocation with Ghana must go back and they blame gej as it started just yesterday.

Nigerians are wicked and their wickedness hunts them like boomerangs.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by daveseun15(m): 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
I don't f**king care coz they are so irrelevant....errand boys for the guvnor
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by AreaFada2: 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
himkers:
Prince Iloh is my chairman (Awka south). He is an a$s hole. LG system should be scrapped in Nigeria.

My brother, I understand your frustration, you're not alone.

But all developed societies have efficient local councils. But in 9ja people are not even aware that the basic facilities and infrastructure provision & maintenance come under local councils. This widespread ignorance suits our corrupt councillors and LGA chairmen perfectly.

Instead, these looters spray money in weddings/parties, give area boys drinks and give 1000 Naira to some elders and they're appreciated.

A serious restructuring and sanitisation of polity will change things. Actually councils should get more powers. BUT not as it is now. Too corrupt.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by AreaFada2: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
scribble:
I dont stay in Alimosho LG

but here is a video of their LG chairman who is APC doing satanic rituals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AgCxSkUSC4

Na wa o
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by redsun(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
daveseun15:
I don't f**king care coz they are so irrelevant....errand boys for the guvnor

They are not irrelevant, they are the nearest to the people and should be directly responsible to the people. But even at that level,there is still repugnant tribalism,people still support candidates bases on clan or village affiliations,irrespective of whether they are criminals or not.

We can only be free as a people if we are able to overcome our primitive mindedness.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
Greatomotoy:
been long since i visited awgu. my mum is from amagu village near awgu boys high school
OK pls try visit one of these days you will cry my brother
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by ajebuter(f): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
I live between two LGA in Lagos. Bariag and Somolu LGAs.
Bariga is under chairman whose name I don't know but he is called Oris and believe me the guy get big head. He only tarred his street in Adeleye street in Ladilack but built a majestic hotel in ibafo where he spends weekend. Most streets in Bariga are unmotorable and the main road in pedro is being refurbished by LASG.
Shomolu LGA is run by Tinubu's former tailor named Bagostowe.to be honest, he tried especially in the area of road construction and drainage clearing. Quite a lot of roads are tarred in shomolu and that's commendable. But I hear the guy na another shayo who doesn't pay salaries on time

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Ahmeduana(m): 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
zeelo2014:
Thank you very much for this topic, there's too much emphasis on the FG. While the LG chairmen are the most corrupt and useless of the lots.
According to the constitution, their functions include:
1. Construction and maintenance of
roads, streets, drains and other public highways, parks, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of
Assembly of a State.
2. Establishment, maintenance and regulation of markets, motor parks and public conveniences.
3. Provision and maintenance Of public conveniences and refuse disposal.
4. The provision and maintenance of primary education
5. The development of agriculture and natural resources, other than the exploitation of minerals, and
the provision and maintenance of health services.

Huge amounts are allocated to them monthly yet. ...
YOU CAN'T BLAME THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMEN, THE STATE GOVERNORS HAS HIJACK THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL DEFINED ROLE, BY EXTENSION HIJACKING THEIR MONTHLY ALLOCATIONS, WHEN THE FEDERAL SPONSOR A BILL TO GRANT THE LOCAL GOVERMENT AUTHONOMY, IT WAS THE STATE GOVERNORS THAT KILLS THE BILL THROUGH THEIR REPRESENTATIVE IN THE NATIONAL HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY! SO THEY HAVE LITTLE BLAME.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by frank043(m): 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
Questions for ORUMILA!!!
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
Only God knows who my LGA chairman is! He is just there to pilfer the money meant for the masses! Hey you! Yes you chairman/chairlady God is watching you.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
I don''t know him n he has mever done anything obvious in d community but recently our roads are being patched
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by sen8or(m): 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
Local government still dey exist?
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by nigerianpride: 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
I don't understand why we always generalise, it is by no way scientific, I am sure the OP understands my view point. My LGA Chairman is Hon.Ossy Iyiegbu and I can tell you that his the best LGA chairman despite the problems that LGs are facing in Nigeria. The Local Government autonomy bill came and passed and none of us decided to subject the state house of assemblies to adopt LG autonomy while we watch our LGs die with the governor influence.

My LG chairman renovated the LG offices, Build Roads even with his own salary when there are delays in allocations, commissioned health centers and have lots of working ideas which are available on the LG website. He introduced and embraced ICT at the LG and easily allows the indigienes to contact him on security reports around the LG.

Last year he was in talk with a foriegn agricultural firm Kishkun KFT to invest in Nnewi South LGA and help create jobs and employement. Most of LG proposals decisions are not taken by the LG chairmen alone, they still need approval from the state before funds are realsed.

So those calling for LG chairmen heads, should rather ask how we can make LG autonomous and help in development.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by cooljude(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
nobilie:
My LGA is Awgu in coal city. The projects in my village are FG projects and not LG. I dnt knw if d LG has done anything there.
OBJ restructured d LG to receive funds from d state. Since then, d LG lost it's autonmy but has turned to pupets.

Alimosho LGA(Lagos) where i reside, d LG clears drainages i suppose oo. Not sure.
Atleast in Alabata close to Egbeda he repaired their road. Even though he reside there. But i don't know of other projects.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by abono4rep: 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
In as much I appreciate this.
Unfortunately my Oyo state governor did not even bother to conduct local government election. We have been having caretaker chairmen that cannot do anything for themselves not to talk of the masses
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by emiye(m): 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
It is a failed arm of government, it is grossly misunderstood, and it is the hallmark of stomach infrastructure. People see LGA chairpersons as the one to go to seek money to celebrate their child naming ceremony.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Walphem(m): 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
The LCDA chairman in Mosan-Okunola; Mafe abi what'sname hhasn't done one single project to my own notice.I don't know the overall Chairman in Alimosho Loxal Govt in Lagos.
to my surprise this same Mafe contested for the Primaries for House of Representatives.I don't know if he won the election though!
thesr guys buys cars and spend money on mistress and the likes, while a major road (Kokumo road that can reduce pressure on the express (iyana ipaja rd) has never been touched for almost 30years i have been leaving within this axis( No thanks to the LGA guys)people are just mean in Nigeria.
It's not just fair

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Python Dance: Lai Mohammed, Buratai Will End Up In Jail- Zionists Leader, Onwuka / Miyetti Allah Won't Support Southern Candidate, Northerners Are Better Managers / Lamidi Apapa Wants To Withdraw LP Petition From Tribunal - Abure Faction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.