Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? (17670 Views)

Thugs Sent To Kill John Eke Njoku, Abia Local Government Chairman Caught / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion / PDP Chairman And 11 Other Members Defect To Buhari's APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by latola05(m): 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
I live in Eti-Osa East LCDA. I do not know the namme of my Local Govt Chairman, honeslty, he is not performing any good work. The only achievement so far is stealing of public funds.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by anonimi: 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
abono4rep:
In as much I appreciate this.
Unfortunately my Oyo state governor did not even bother to conduct local government election. We have been having caretaker chairmen that cannot do anything for themselves not to talk of the masses

Is Oyo state currently under PDP too
Since progressives are law abiding and will allow LGAs deliver their constitutional roles and duty based on federal allocation the LGAs receive each month and the IGR raised by the LGAs also. Not so shocked

It seems I have read somewhere that states are slso supposed to give part of their state-generated IGR to the LGAs. Has anyone also seen such reference in our constitution? If yes plesse share.
Thanks!
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
dz issue is difficult to analysed. The first premise is lack of autonomy for LG in Nigeria. They are nothing but paying points for the collection of LG staff salaries n wages.If u v ever been to a LG hq in lagos..d rotten there wi baffle a novince. u can't get any thing without tips. I will say dy are next to nigeria police in corruptn index. The chairman gets allocatn frm lg/state joint acct n pays d regular staff while d remaining 50% ghost workers salary is retained by him n his cronies. So y on earth should any1 xpect a LG chairman to perform wonders? You simply can't gv what u lack.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by 9Too: 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
zeelo2014:
Thank you very much for this topic, there's too much emphasis on the FG. While the LG chairmen are the most corrupt and useless of the lots.
According to the constitution, their functions include:
1. Construction and maintenance of
roads, streets, drains and other public highways, parks, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of
Assembly of a State.
2. Establishment, maintenance and regulation of markets, motor parks and public conveniences.
3. Provision and maintenance Of public conveniences and refuse disposal.
4. The provision and maintenance of primary education
5. The development of agriculture and natural resources, other than the exploitation of minerals, and
the provision and maintenance of health services.

Huge amounts are allocated to them monthly yet. ...
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by 9Too: 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
UncleSnr:
I know that they receive allocations from the Federal/State Government, what is it used for?
they engage in stomach project
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by UTEWUOJO: 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
His name is Faruk Adejoh of Olamaboro L.G. Kogi state, if u no see person 4 eye, na project u go see? Na Abuja level him de operate.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by JustCurious: 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
Why is this arm of government so inactive?? Their 'uselessness' is a common denominator in the 36 States....regardless of their political affiliation.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by princejamiu(m): 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
Hon fatai shuaib ajidagba chairman ifelodun local govt,can only finance thugs and taut to start terorizing all the whole enviroment with their so called OPC,come to ajegunle there is fight between all the street,where many innocent have been killed,and the police men cant curb them from their evil act....

I pray God intervene for us ooooooooooh

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by osifred(m): 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
He who pays the piper dictates the tune. Until our LGA becomes autonomous from the control of the governor who can easily decide whether or not to release their allocation, easily dismiss and install a caretaker committee then nothing meaningful will come out of the local government.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by JustCurious: 6:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
latola05:
I live in Eti-Osa East LCDA. I do not know the namme of my Local Govt Chairman, honeslty, he is not performing any good work. The only achievement so far is stealing of public funds.
*lols*
It's high time we began asking questions at the grassroot level. If only 50% of the attention geared towards President Goodluck is focused on other levels of the government, then, we wouldn't be where we are as a nation, today.

Nigerians don't ask questions.. Nigerians do not realise how powerful their voices are when they unanimously speak out for a common goal.

We have the voice, we have the power. However, we seldom use it. It's 2015, let the change begin with you...Let's focus less on GEJ, but those immediate leaders who have failed us.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Hamatrony(m): 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
If I hear say we get local wetin undecided, dat office shuld b cancel n let state govt handle it , non dey function
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
They are all criminals who are elected to steal the public wealth! No good infrastructure they can put in place for the masses! angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
all4naija:
They are all criminals who are elected to steal the public wealth! No good infrastructure they can put in place for the masses! angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Fhemmmy: 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
himkers:
Prince Iloh is my chairman (Awka south). He is an a$s hole. LG system should be scrapped in Nigeria.

No need to scrap it, all is needed is check and balance with accountability for released funds, but who wold do that if the state government over them are worse and their father, federal government see stealing as not fraud.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Fhemmmy: 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
Hamatrony:
If I hear say we get local wetin undecided, dat office shuld b cancel n let state govt handle it , non dey function

How many local streetwill the state govt get to without local govt.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by anonimi: 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
osifred:
He who pays the piper dictates the tune. Until our LGA becomes autonomous from the control of the governor who can easily decide whether or not to release their allocation, easily dismiss and install a caretaker committee then nothing meaningful will come out of the local government.

Why can't the federal government treat states in like manner
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
I resides in Ajeromi Ifelodun local govt. The name of my local govt is kamal bayewu. He use all the allocation of the local govt for his personal pocket. The man just dey built house for himself con even violates the tenement law for Lagos state.
Nothing to show for his 6years as local govt chairman.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Mentcee(m): 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
My local government chairman is Mr. Charles Ugwu. (Nsukka Local Government Area, Enugu State). A graduate of UNN. He ran a post graduate program in the U.K from where he luckily was drafted to assume the office. He has done a lot only and mainly in the erection of multimillion naira billboards all over the Local Government. We are very grateful!
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Rexyl(m): 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
which local government chairs.. most of them are errand boys of the state governor. for almost 4 years they are handicapped and couldn't do much if not anything.

just of recent they started to embark upon "last minute" projects because of forthcoming elections. all the months and years back, they were like sidon look for the next instructions which seemed to favour spending much with little or no impact.

I begin to consider local government autonomy, but my fear is whether grating that will improve or worsen the situation.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Mbediogu(m): 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
zeelo2014:
Thank you very much for this topic, there's too much emphasis on the FG. While the LG chairmen are the most corrupt and useless of the lots.
According to the constitution, their functions include:
1. Construction and maintenance of
roads, streets, drains and other public highways, parks, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of
Assembly of a State.
2. Establishment, maintenance and regulation of markets, motor parks and public conveniences.
3. Provision and maintenance Of public conveniences and refuse disposal.
4. The provision and maintenance of primary education
5. The development of agriculture and natural resources, other than the exploitation of minerals, and
the provision and maintenance of health services.

Huge amounts are allocated to them monthly yet. ...
The story of LGAs in the country are the same. The LGA headquarter itself is overgrown with weeds and roofs and panels are falling apart. Reptiles everywhere. Workers salaries are hardly paid, and moral is low and as a result discipline becomes scarce. It must be approximately the same nationwide.
What happens is that once allocation arrives, the political godfather takes a non negotiable 50%. His political machinery is well oiled and no political post can be true without his approval. Out of the remaining 50% the chairman and his key staff take half, and cannot be punished since they are protected from EFCC etc by the godfather.
The failure of administration at LGA level is failure at grassroot level. No meaningful progress is possible unless we do a reversal. The whole thing stinks. No one is truely rich who lives in dirty environ and has poor neighbors. Let us all repent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by tartar9(m): 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
i live in otuoke,dont even know his name and he hasnt done any single project,but suprisingly the ozuologist GEJ just lost the otuoke LG primaries election to him.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by justjify(m): 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
UncleSnr:
I reside in Gwagwalada Area Council of FCT, and the Local Area Council Chairman is Abu Giri (Not too sure of the spelling).
I don't know of any project executed by him.

See my guy ooh! Am I Gwags too, trust мế, there Ȋ̝̊̅§ no ChaiRman in Gwags. I pRay projects don't execute him.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by pretty050(f): 7:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
I don't know the chairman of Apa LG, never heard of him or her. I wonder how they intend to manage Apa state thingy
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by UncleSnr(m): 8:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
justjify:

See my guy ooh! Am I Gwags too, trust мế, there Ȋ̝̊̅§ no ChaiRman in Gwags. I pRay projects don't execute him.
I knew his name during election, cos he contested with someone called Obama.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by ultraGM: 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
But when LG chairman does his work who took the glory?
The state or FG of course, that is why the head must be blame for failing to supervised the work base on the fact that money was given to them
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by just2endowed: 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2015
Primary school funding and education :DEAD

PRIMARY HEALTHY CARE: DEAD.

so many functions are there that local government are to do, but all we do in this present generation is one blame federal government. Am not a supporter of fg, but I believe if we have channel half our blame to LG, maybe something would have happened. Look at grassroots politics in this country. Nothing to show off.

I remember when obasonjo wanted to scrap LG, everyone said no. To me I believe they should be scrap......
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by just2endowed: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
ultraGM:
But when LG chairman does his work who took the glory?
The state or FG of course, that is why the head must be blame for failing to supervised the work base on the fact that money was given to them

U are not making sense at all. Pls go and read the function of federal government, state government and local governments very well. U believe federal government will do everything abi? Dey there
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Okeycima: 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
Where am from IMO to b precise from IKEDI OHAKIM'S tenure apart 4rm when he is on the verge of going out did we have L.G.A chairman and legislature.what we have as at then is Transitional CHAIRMAN.Now the present adminstration is doing the same.and PEOPLE HERE HAVE THE guts to shout change!!!.the same people that Join the state and local government allocation together the state allocation,and new adminstration came in(ROCHAS)and maintained the status quo....TO THOSE PEOPLE SAYING CHANGE I JUX WANT U TO KNOW THAT THE CHANGE THEY WANT IS FAR AWAY BECOS AS it stands now all politicians r the same regardless of party
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by justjify(m): 12:12am On Jan 04, 2015
UncleSnr:
I knew his name during election, cos he contested with someone called Obama.

Yah! They've been having court cases ever since, I wish Obama won. Though I wasn't praying d̶̲̥̅̊ąτ̲̅ he'd win. Now see who I was praying for. sad
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by Tomoarika(m): 2:21am On Jan 04, 2015
Amuwo Odofin LGA (specifically Festac Town) in Lagos- Comrade Ayodele Adewale. A young vibrant dude who has tried.

>He has rehabilitated quite a no of roads (322rd, 22rd, part of 4th avenue, 401rd 21road, 31 road);
>Upgraded the facilities in the LGA Secretariat;
>Sanitation too is ok in some parts, street sweepers can be seen working regularly.
>Transportation within the town has improved with provision of Tricycle and mini-bus operators now plying the inner roads.
Etc

More can still be done but he gets a pass mark in my book.

Key also is having a Robust and Knowlegeable Residents' Association that keeps in touch with the LGA chairman and communicates the needs of the pple and demands performance from him/her.
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by nodictatorship: 4:13am On Jan 04, 2015
Woke up early yesterday and this topic came to my mind with little difference like we should report all theundoings in our various local government,i e electricity,bad roads,child labor etc from various local government,to me i don't see any work of the LGA as wel as the senators,legisilative arms(of cos except makin or approvin laws grin grin grin)
Re: Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? by UncleSnr(m): 7:48am On Jan 04, 2015
Tomoarika:
Amuwo Odofin LGA (specifically Festac Town) in Lagos- Comrade Ayodele Adewale. A young vibrant dude who has tried.

>He has rehabilitated quite a no of roads (322rd, 22rd, part of 4th avenue, 401rd 21road, 31 road);
>Upgraded the facilities in the LGA Secretariat;
>Sanitation too is ok in some parts, street sweepers can be seen working regularly.
>Transportation within the town has improved with provision of Tricycle and mini-bus operators now plying the inner roads.
Etc

More can still be done but he gets a pass mark in my book.

Key also is having a Robust and Knowlegeable Residents' Association that keeps in touch with the LGA chairman and communicates the needs of the pple and demands performance from him/her.
You guys are lucky...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps Threaten To Arrest IGP Ibrahim Idris / Buhari Is A Complete Fascist – Balarabe Musa / Onochie Promoted APC In 2020, Despite Claiming To Quit Politics In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.