Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. (1490 Views)

It’s All Lies, Miltary Never Arrested Our Strike Team- Avengers / Potable Water: Daura vs Otueke (Pics) / #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by LRNZH(m): 10:33am On Jan 03, 2015

The Labour Party on Friday faulted the claim by President Goodluck Jonathan in his New Year broadcast that access to potable water had improved from 57 per cent to 70 per cent.

The party described the message as full of praises for the security forces and the civilian populations that had given support to them in the fight against terrorism.

The National Secretary of LP, Dr. Kayode Ajulo, in a statement obtained by Saturday PUNCH in Abuja, also disagreed with the President that non-oil export had grown consistently by eight per cent in the last few years.

While commending the President for his “succinct, highly coherent and all encompassing message of hope to all Nigerians” because its beginning signals that a new nation is being born, the party said the President missed the point in some other instances.

Ajulo said, “At some other level, the message can also be interpreted as a subtle campaign by Mr. President. He tries to highlight the achievements of his administration, especially in the area of economy and expansion of non-oil revenue. He reels out figures of billions of dollars being committed to agriculture, youth development and small scale businesses.

“It leaves much to be desired, however, when the statistics provided are juxtaposed against the reality on ground. For instance, the claim that access to potable water has improved from 57 per cent to 70 per cent seems mere figures and nobody can really convince Nigerians of the veracity of such claim. The claim that non-oil export has grown consistently by eight per cent in the last few years would raise more questions than it poises to answer against the background of the reality of a nation groaning under the pain of falling oil prices and plummeting value of national currency.”

http://www.punchng.com/feature/power-talkback/2014-year-of-failed-promises-on-power/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by alabiyemmy(m): 10:36am On Jan 03, 2015
So what proof do they show that all those are not true?

1 Like

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by dguyindcorner(m): 10:43am On Jan 03, 2015
alabiyemmy:

They are not blind and it's GEJ that needs to show some proofs here and not the other way round. You can as well help him(GEJ) to prove them wrong.

4 Likes

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by emiye(m): 10:44am On Jan 03, 2015
70% access to potable water Obviously a big fat lie.

Even urban areas in Nigeria can not boast of 50% access to potable water

2 Likes

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by Boss13: 10:49am On Jan 03, 2015
The way our leaders play with words is terrible. Does the president actually mean water distribution or private access to water.

Does this 70 percent includes private boreholes?

1 Like

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 03, 2015
The so-called broadcast was about playing pranks with the sensibilities of all Nigerians. Jonathan is not only a failure but a liar! Perhaps he was talking about "pure water" (satchet water)

6 Likes

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by lymelyte(m): 10:54am On Jan 03, 2015
He who is destined for power does not have to fight for it.
GEJ says he is ready to fight corruption after waiting for 6 years to study the problem. Its like using the entire time stipulated for writing an examination to critically analyse the questions and when the time is over,you ask the examiner to give you extra time to start answering the questions. Who does that?
Abeg we need change jor...

4 Likes

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by LRNZH(m): 10:54am On Jan 03, 2015
alabiyemmy:

Lack of Stable Power: https://www.nairaland.com/2073802/2014-gejs-failed-scorecard-power

Naira 3rd Worst Performing African Currencies: https://www.nairaland.com/2073652/naira-top-3-worst-performing#29444869

Dead Refineries:
https://www.nairaland.com/2071837/kaduna-warri-refineries-idle-nnpc

66 Million Nigerians: No Potable Water Access http://www.punchng.com/news/66-million-nigerians-lack-access-to-potable-water-whounicef/

Insecurity- Boko Haram: Do you need evidence? Even America Knows grin

Oya get some education.

5 Likes

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by Mayour11(m): 10:57am On Jan 03, 2015
Political news everywhere.
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2015
Lp is non existent juur. This is the kind of news APC touts congregate for. There's a thread on Buhari and certificate, they all became dumb and maimed.
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 03, 2015
Everybody is just rejecting GEJ left and right.

5 Likes

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by stevecantrell: 11:18am On Jan 03, 2015
eighTHREAD:
Everybody is just rejecting GEJ left and right.

He's dangerous. He's bad for your health !

2 Likes

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by Day169: 11:34am On Jan 03, 2015
emiye:
70% access to potable water Obviously a big fat lie.

Even urban areas in Nigeria can not boast of 50% access to potable water
..so what u're saying in essence is a "Grand lie". ..or an "Obese". Laughs!
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:41am On Jan 03, 2015
Jonathan is a certified liar. I've made up my mind not to listen to his broadcast ever since he lied on 01/10/2012 in his Independence Anniversary broadcast over the rating of his fight against corruption by the Transperency International.

1 Like

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by LRNZH(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2015
Mayour11:
Political news everywhere.

It is the time o...

1 Like

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by johnie: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by LRNZH(m): 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
johnie:
They should thank God this is not Kenya!

grin

http://www.citifmonline.com/2015/01/02/student-jailed-insulting-kenyan-president-facebook/#sthash.JDAopy0O.dpuf

Johnie. When one has laid facts that are not true, I want to know your word for it.

I'm not expecting to hear 'a lie' but tell me your preferred word.
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by Caseless: 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
Jonathan is a liar.
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by Enice(m): 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:
Lp is non existent juur. This is the kind of news APC touts congregate for. There's a thread on Buhari and certificate, they all became dumb and maimed.
yeah, like Buhari producing his certificate will produce our 20billion dollars, bring back the 50 innocent souls that died during the immigration interview, stop boko haram, provide employment, and improve the economy. If GEJ has achieved, show us. We are Nigerians and are not interested in the life of GMB but about the issues that would better our lives. Pointing at Buhari makes him more popular. But showing us GEJ's achievement makes him popular.

2 Likes

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by ASL33: 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
Thought LP is part of PDP
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by LRNZH(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
ASL33:
Thought LP is part of PDP

GEJ's staunchest supporters are having a rethink.

Alot of Igbos are rejecting GEJ. We read about it a couple of days back here on Nairaland.

LP has said the truth with this disclosure. It is embarassing to claim 70% access to potable water in Nigeria. From a PhD holder for that matter.

Next in line is Adamu Muazu, PDP National Chairman.
Just like Bamanga Tukur.

3 Likes

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
Enice:
yeah, like Buhari producing his certificate will produce our 20billion dollars, bring back the 50 innocent souls that died during the immigration interview, stop boko haram, provide employment, and improve the economy. If GEJ has achieved, show us. We are Nigerians and are not interested in the life of GMB but about the issues that would better our lives. Pointing at Buhari makes him more popular. But showing us GEJ's achievement makes him popular.

Issues that will better your life... Now tell me one of such issues GMB promised that will better your life
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
barcanista:
The so-called broadcast was about playing pranks with the sensibilities of all Nigerians. Jonathan is not only a failure but a liar! Perhaps he was talking about "pure water" (satchet water)

1 Like

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by LRNZH(m): 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
barcanista:

Oh you just educated me.

GEJ meant pure water oooooooo shocked shocked
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by LRNZH(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
barcanista:

Oh you just educated me.

GEJ meant pure water oooooooo shocked shocked

In that case, let's discuss his policies in the Sachet Water Sector of the Economy

1 Like

Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by chamboy(m): 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
Supporting GEJ is nw weird in my area
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by clubone05: 2:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
Another one
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by LRNZH(m): 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
clubone05:
Another one

You can imagine.
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by Enice(m): 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
iv4fb:

Issues that will better your life... Now tell me one of such issues GMB promised that will better your life
This election is about GEJ and not Buhari. GEJ can implement policies that affect our lives right now, Buhari cannot because he is the president. Now, I don't need to mention what Buhari would do. All I need is for GEJ to show me what he has done or I vote him out.
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by kelvinokon(m): 8:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
When all dis cums up,all I got to to sai is when people r condemning GEJ,I wil wil vote him,nd after dere is notting any of u can do.Y NT GV HIM GEJ A CHANCE,as u wan to gv buhari.pls NIGERIANS,we already no GEJ,bt do u all knw BUHARI'S agendas.THE DEVIL U KNW IS BETER DAN D ANGEL U DNT KNW.
Re: LP To GEJ: You're A Liar! Potable Water, Economy, All Lies. by LRNZH(m): 8:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
kelvinokon:
When all dis cums up,all I got to to sai is when people r condemning GEJ,I wil wil vote him,nd after dere is notting any of u can do.Y NT GV HIM GEJ A CHANCE,as u wan to gv buhari.pls NIGERIANS,we already no GEJ,bt do u all knw BUHARI'S agendas.THE DEVIL U KNW IS BETER DAN D ANGEL U DNT KNW.

What you're saying is akin to

"I chose to walk inside the gutter because I don't know what will happen if I use the kerb/sidewalk. I may be hit by vehicular traffic or I may slip and fall inside the gutter again".

Brother, if you don't take calculated risks you can't taste glory in life.

GMB is our calculated risk. Try in February and thank me later.

(1) (Reply)

My Ambition Is Not Worth The Blood Of Any Nigeria - Goodluck Jonathan / Sambo Commissions Makurdi-port Harcourt Rail Line / -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.