Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One (26818 Views)

A Thread To Remember Our Lost Loved Ones / What's Your Favourite Memory Growing Up In Nigeria? / In Memory Of My Baby """"2001 - 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by NellyDiva1(f): 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mine was ma dad,I was very fat as a kid ma sisters and odas made fun of me,I was always feelin out of place.one day I went in2 d kitchen and I was cryin so hrtbroken,ma dad found me in d kitchen knelt besides me and den asked me wat d problem was,I told him dat ma frd called me a biggg doughnut,he laughed so hard and told me dat am special dat I am “oyiri nnaya”meanin a child dat resembles d father.and we started playin .he told me dat ma frds and sis were jealous of me bc am special to him.he passed on in oct 2010 frm a slight headache.I miss u a lot dad ur laughter,loud voice and warnin.I will always miss u

4 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
tola9ja:
Red chair & black dress. While he was given New Year message to Nigerians. I will not even say anything

Na who be this ? go to politics section with your hatred
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by udysweet(f): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
Oh gosh,I hate this thread! U guys are gonna make me cry again afta 4yrs,chai!
My mum,d woman who meant the whole world and more to me and my siblings. I wish she wld jus come bak to life. Mum taught us a lot,ave her best. I remembad an incidence back in 2002,I had some health challenges and then I was bleeding profusely,and tried to hid it from her. The woman barged into the toilet (gosh I cnt see again,sight blurry from tears) where I was,grabbed me into her arms,looked me straight in d eyes and said"uduak don't die on me" and rshed me into the hospital dat nite. She ddnt sleep thru d nite. Could I hav ever repaid dat woman? Could I? Then came the time while we used to hawk wares,I told her I saw dis guine fowl egg and wld love to eat it,she said d next day evn if its only one item I sold I shd use d mony to buy it,so dat I won't eat it in the dream. Loool!
And then again,we ddnt hav mony to pay my waec fees,dat woman followed me to akerele road and sold her gold chain to dos mallams,now tell me now dat I make beads,wldnt I hav bathed her in diamonds and all d precious gems? But dat stupid sickness called cancer ravaged her b4 takin her away finally!
Mummy,we quarrelled,had our fight o,but u were d best!I wish u were here now,I promised u a lot but sadly ur no more,u were d bestest!!!

16 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by lolaxavier(m): 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mine was the baby of the family, Bayowa Esan. Graduated from FUTA. Died of cancer of the blood (leukaemia) three months after finishing NYSC in 2012, May 2 precisely.
He never got to resume a job he got with KPMG. He was on oxygen in UCH ibadan for a day and unfortunately, he didn't make it.He passed away right in front of me.
Not an interesting thing to witness, considering that my elder brother and I have to go around to start looking for where to buy a coffin to bury him.
He was 24 y.o.

4 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
Really sad thread....

Mine is my maternal grandfather. Died 20th nov 2000.....he was very kind nd loving. I remember he ll come all d way from ekiti to ibadan with food stuffs for us. I remember his beautiful gap toothed smile and deep baritone voice.

He died from spiritual attack.....i remember visiting him at the hospital and i reminded him of my bufdae. He promised to get me a gift....alas my gift for 21-11-2000 was the call of grandpa's death on 20-11-2000. It remains my worst bufdae ever!

Now i celebrate my bufdae with mixed feelings. Adieu granddad....love u forever!
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
Bmok:
xo touchn..am xo xory bout ur lost bro.ma God bless her soul
tanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Atmmachine(m): 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
Lost my girlfriend on 25th September 2014. I Lost her on a sunny night. #R.I.P My sunshine cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
elantraceey:

sad sad cry cry kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
this thread has really ruined my day sad.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by naijaboiy: 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
Too many sad stories cry

Someone please pass me a handkerchief cry

I've not really lost any loved one yet.

I sympathise with you all cry

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
udysweet:
My mum,d woman who meant the whole world and more to me and my siblings. I wish she wld jus come bak to life. Mum taught us a lot,ave her best. I remembad an incidence back in 2002,I had some health challenges and then I was bleeding profusely,and tried to hid it from her. The woman barged into the toilet (gosh I cnt see again,sight blurry from tears) where I was,grabbed me into her arms,looked me straight in d eyes and said"uduak don't die on me" and rshed me into the hospital dat nite. She ddnt sleep thru d nite. Could I hav ever repaid dat woman? Could I? Then came the time while we used to hawk wares,I told her I saw dis guine fowl egg and wld love to eat it,she said d next day evn if its only one item I sold I shd use d mony to buy it,so dat I won't eat it in the dream. Loool!
And then again,we ddnt hav mony to pay my waec fees,dat woman followed me to akerele road and sold her gold chain to dos mallams,now tell me now dat I make beads,wldnt I hav bathed her in diamonds and all d precious gems? But dat stupid sickness called cancer ravaged her b4 takin her away finally!
Mummy,we quarrelled,had our fight o,but u were d best!I wish u were here now,I promised u a lot but sadly ur no more,u were d bestest!!!

this made me tear up badly. May God bless her soul.

what a sad thread. sad
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by temitope23(m): 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
My Dad
Can't forget his early morning prayer and songs as he prepare for work every day and how I'll knee beside him imitating his praying posture then when he comes back from work.
Sad thing was I did not even see him when he died till now I still believe he will still come back. He died year 2000 when I was in pry 6.

My mom
Her advice and encouragement all those period waec was dealing with me not to give up. The most painful thing was I left her at the hospital to go and freshen up when she left. She was really a blessing to us those 12 years. She died 2012.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by kilokeys(m): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
lolaxavier:
Mine was the baby of the family, Bayowa Esan. Graduated from FUTA. Died of cancer of the blood (leukaemia) three months after finishing NYSC in 2012, May 2 precisely.
He never got to resume a job he got with KPMG. He was on oxygen in UCH ibadan for a day and unfortunately, he didn't make it.He passed away right in front of me.
Not an interesting thing to witness, considering that my elder brother and I have to go around to start looking for where to buy a coffin to bury him.
He was 24 y.o.

my bro.. he is still on our hearts.

i knew him.. we played guitars together in 2005. he was a guru in micro controlling, a faithful christian.
we miss him bro
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by masties2(f): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
I initially refused to open dis thread cos i knew it will be depressing. My first encounter with death was my grandma. What a strong woman. She lost her husband at 35 and trained her 6kids alone. She wasnt educated but all her kids were graduates. She had stroke for 12yrs. I cleaned her up n bathed her. When i gained admission to UniBen, there was no one to care for her. She deid Aug 24, 2003.
My dear dad, died 4 yrs ago. It was d most painful cos he took care of us alone. My mom wa separated from him. I cried cos i never got a chance to repay him for all he had done for my siblings n I. RIP dad cry
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by sureboss: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
...my second day after resuming work my sis called telling me mum was in a coma, next day my uncle showed up telling me mum has gone to be with the lord. I ddnt cry, my priority was to make sure that my dad did not collapse. D whole episode hardened me, I realized tjat only ur immediate family can go d xtra lenght for u. As for memories I remember a time I was the best student in my class and walked up stage to pick the prize, my mum as a member of speech and prize commitee was standing by d table, after I shook d dignitary that presented d prize I turned and saw my mum smilling then she stretched her hand proudly and of course I shook her and everybody who knew she was my mum kept on clapping till I got to my seat. Ive really missed her but have moved on.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by TDstarr: 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
safarigirl:
Mine is my mother.

Sometime in February of 2003, I was 9 years old, so I and my siblings were dressed up to go out with my uncles and then my siblings started making fun of my clothes. They said I had no dress sense and most of my clothes didn't fit.

I got mad and said I wasn't going out anymore, so my mum pulled me to a mirror and made me look at my reflection and said, "You're a beautiful girl and your clothes are fine, don't listen to them, you're the most fashionable child in this house. Don't ever allow what anyone says make you cry.". I eventually went along, but I did waste enough time to ensure we didn't stay as long as intended at the amusement park.

She died the next year. She was 39.

Care to share yours?
*tear*in my eye* *cleans it* take heart love
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by mekybabe1: 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
My mum. She was my best friend. She told me to always make sure that before my kids board their bus, I should hold their hands and pray for them confessing positivity into their lives. We spoke on the phone like a million times a day. The day she died, I was called by my younger sis at about 8a.m telling me that she was rushed to the hospital @ midnight cos she had an asmathic attack. I called her immediately and she could hardly speak to me. I prayed so hard for her, called my pastor too...but she passed on @ noon. felt my world tearing apart. That day was 16th Dec 2013. She was 61yrs. God bless her soul!
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by SeverusSnape(m): 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
Akoja360:
Mine is ma mum....she died last year august..i wld neva 4get jisting with her that morning..we lafd n made jokes.if i had knwn dat wld b d last converxatn with her eva i wld av made it more memorable.bt God knws best .she died 3hrs later from heart failure...she was 55..R.i.p mum.i miss u
I'm really Sorry 'bout your loss, May the soul of your beloveth mom rest in peace
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
I was eight and Gaddafi was 2. He was always in the habit of running after my school bus. That day, he was hit by a car. My mum was at the balcony and saw it. She ran barefooted to the place. Gadaffi was still struggling to get up even with spilled guts. Mummy picked him up, stuffed d guts back in and tied his tummy with her scarf. She ran all d way to the veterinary hospital amidst loud wailings and I followed closely behind. The veterinary hospital on obasanjo way at abk. I will never forget that day. They did his surgery and he survived. He had a bowl around his neck for months though. I was told it was so he wouldn't lick the sewn part. He died two years after, armed robbers stabbed him to death. undecided oh gadaffi was my dog.

We teased the living day light out of her back then. She was even called Iya gadaffi for a long time. . grin

But it was a just a rarely seen situation for my mum to cry openly like that....over an animal. That little devil did save me a few times really. That time when animals are better companions than flipping humans

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
smileyMy nephew..he was so helpful,cute and naughty as ever..one day I was bathing and he came in the bathroom,upon seeing me naked he said ohh lalala sexy..lolss his mum and I laughed so much..I miss that little man so much..he was supposed to start school this year..he was hit by a car on the 16-10-2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
My Dad.... died sept 2011

He'd wake up and decide he wants to jog (at 63 o! undecided undecided undecided ) then he'll be singing war songs

'ma Ogbo Anyi agaghi, onye ga aga, AGHA!!! angry angry '

Meaning, 'if our mate no go, na who go go? WAR!!! '

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by prettyjo(f): 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
naijaboiy:
Too many sad stories cry

Someone please pass me a handkerchief cry

I've not really lost any loved one yet.

I sympathise with you all cry
**gives him a new white handkerchief **
#ndo#(sorry)
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by rayval(m): 7:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
I was young nd alws at home-i was d errand boi for mi step mum#I alws helped in massaging her body each time she felt pains she passed on# there 3 things I cnt actually forget abt her........1. I don't knw hw to tie my shoe lase like everyoda guys do today becos I am so use to d way she taught me..2.she taught D only prayer I cn say in my dialect ..3.and the day she bought bat meat, I was the only person whom agreed to eat with her###funny# bt these moments re imprtant prts of wat made me
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by TDstarr: 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
*sobing** i must go settle with my loved ones, life is too short

3 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
mine was my girlfriend(oluwakemisola)
I met her in 2009,she was in part 1 while I was in part 2 and we dated till we both graduated from the university.I remembered when I had extra and the whole world was against me,she was the one that gave me hope to continue when my father which behaves more or less like a military man said he had no money for repetition,she was the only confidant I had,my lil mama,we were 5 & 6 on campus.she died after a brief illness 2 months after we graduated(precisely august 28th,2014),thats my greatest loss cos I thought I would my world around her but God knows best....RIP MY BABY#FOREVERINMYHEART

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by TDstarr: 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
udysweet:
crying,,,, me andmy mum dont get along and i wish i could cherish every moment with her
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by myouri(f): 7:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
sad My maternal Grandma....She died in 2008,when I was 10 sad ...
I used to go for vacation @ her place every term..she would tell evryone I was her daughter..take me out to her church, friends, market. She even took me to Covenant uni cuz she was a staff. Even @ 10,she taught me to knit, I was her first grandchild so d love was special. She used to make Simbi hairstyle for me cuz that was my fave sad sad

One day, she wanted to relax my hair buh I was in a bad mood..so I didn't wantu, she forced n I was like " You aint my Mum..I don't even like U..I wantu go home oo" grin cheesy. She didn't beat me tho..she bent my neck and relaxed it.
After making d hair..I was jaz parading d whole house, showing everybody my new hair. She jaz smiled and said " You don't like me oo yet you're making yanga with the hair I made for you" cheesy grin. Don't know if I apologized tho buh that was my last vacation @ her place.

When she died @ d village after she had partial stroke, I didn't feel anything @ first until I realized that she was truly GONE, Forever. sad. God Bless her Soul .

When I lost my 2go friend in Nov,2013....It was so painful too..He was my crush..he liked me too,he even asked me out the very week he got drown @ d beach and died with his bestie...They were jaz 17yrz old n were about to sit for d 2014 wassce. He lived in the same area with me buh we never saw each other. sad sad . It was really painful.

I cherish all d Moments I had with dem so Mush

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Chommieblaq(f): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ma inlaw, we were very close, he is lyk a brother to mi. A night before he died we went to watch match together, and the next day he died while travelling on d 28 of DEC 2010. aged 35. Missed him lyk die
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by naijaboiy: 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
prettyjo:

**gives him a new white handkerchief **
#ndo#(sorry)
Thanks dear smiley

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by TDstarr: 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
mine was my best friend, childhood friend, we both hangout, play , laugh, we dont hide anything from each other, we had a big quarrel, were i said i will neva talk to him again, i know he to never be apologetic, but on sunday he called to see me qnd he apologised for what he did, i accepted, we hugged, on tuesday i got a call that he was shot on monday night by cultists, and his head cut off..........struck me down for 3years
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by juman(m): 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
Oh, this thread.

One nigeria caused most of the death.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nickymezor(f): 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mehn; this thread got me sobbing already, i knew this will happen Sha... Keep resting on sweet mum tho i neva knew u, but frm wat i heard frm families/friends. U were indeed d best mum any one cud ever ask for. I lost my mum wen i was 2yrs... I miss n love u loads mummy dearest

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Prefers Staying At Home All Day Doing Nothing / My Wife Is Always Sad Whenever I Send Money To My Family / More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.