Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One (26786 Views)

A Thread To Remember Our Lost Loved Ones / What's Your Favourite Memory Growing Up In Nigeria? / In Memory Of My Baby """"2001 - 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by veevean1(f): 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
Jamean:
Aaww dear...I can't say I know what it feels like 'cause I watched mine grow, she'll be 12yrs this month.

I pray you get over the loss..and find more than a sister in a friend.

embarassed cry
MarvellousGod:
eeeyyyaaa, it's well dear. .....
You have to move on now because she's in a better place.... smiley

I know rite, but the void!

3 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
udysweet:
Oh gosh,I hate this thread! U guys are gonna make me cry again afta 4yrs,chai!
My mum,d woman who meant the whole world and more to me and my siblings. I wish she wld jus come bak to life. Mum taught us a lot,ave her best. I remembad an incidence back in 2002,I had some health challenges and then I was bleeding profusely,and tried to hid it from her. The woman barged into the toilet (gosh I cnt see again,sight blurry from tears) where I was,grabbed me into her arms,looked me straight in d eyes and said"uduak don't die on me" and rshed me into the hospital dat nite. She ddnt sleep thru d nite. Could I hav ever repaid dat woman? Could I? Then came the time while we used to hawk wares,I told her I saw dis guine fowl egg and wld love to eat it,she said d next day evn if its only one item I sold I shd use d mony to buy it,so dat I won't eat it in the dream. Loool!
And then again,we ddnt hav mony to pay my waec fees,dat woman followed me to akerele road and sold her gold chain to dos mallams,now tell me now dat I make beads,wldnt I hav bathed her in diamonds and all d precious gems? But dat stupid sickness called cancer ravaged her b4 takin her away finally!
Mummy,we quarrelled,had our fight o,but u were d best!I wish u were here now,I promised u a lot but sadly ur no more,u were d bestest!!!
waoh see her gap teeth....you even resemble her
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by baysure9001: 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
The best brother ever, Ayorinde, personally, i remember you everyday since Sept 27, 2005.
He left home on the 26th to pass the nite @ our reverend's house being a close family friend to them. on the 27th, Our reverend called my mom my brother wasn't feeling too well, i carried him in my arms to the hospital beside the church, right before me.. You left us that day.. couldn't accept the pronouncement you were gone, mom,dad, we your siblings cried like never before.. A guru, most nicest , our electrical technician, our comedian.
Wish you were here, I personalize my life to some of his ideology, being a giver, never rude to people , takes life simple.
Anywhere you are, the baby of the house is married now, i'm a father now, doing better in my field.

Remember you everyday... sleep in the bosom of the lord.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by davide470(m): 11:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
veevean1:
cry cry

My only sister(lil miss independent)

I watched her come into the world, she was my baby...
She filled d whole house with joy and u could always tell wen she was around. So adorable, loving I think she was even more popular than I was, I lack words to describe her. I was looking forward to her growing up so we could gist nd talk nd do what sisters did together. The last time I heard her voice she was sang me a bday song and died 3days later. on that blessed sunday received a call after church wit news of deir accident and her death cry . its hard but that's one death I haven't recovered from smiley

9th June 2013 age 5+
This scripture comes to mind: O' Death, where is thy sting. I know she's watching over you and the family and would want to tell you she's in a great place. Take heart, dearie.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by udysweet(f): 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
Haba why! I admire those who still hav their mums o. Pls gt close to her
TDstarr:
crying,,,, me andmy mum dont get along and i wish i could cherish every moment with her
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Dolypson04(m): 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
Lost my dad today.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by veevean1(f): 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
Dolypson04:
Lost my dad today.

Ooh dear, be strong
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by iyafinbalo: 11:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
October 9th 2014, I lost my 2year old daughter in a car accident on our way back from sallah break. She was such a smart and friendly girl, she was so full of life . It was really a tough one for me because I got to know about her death after 3 days (my family kept it from me because of my condition at Dat time. I miss her so so much. Akorede, you will always be in my heart. Mummy will always pray for you.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by udysweet(f): 11:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
smiley smiley
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
waoh see her gap teeth....you even resemble her
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Temibassie(f): 11:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
Dolypson04:
Lost my dad today.
accept my condolence,it is WELL!
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by inaiduna(m): 12:08am On Jan 06, 2015
2007 was the year, April was the month, it was 2wks after her birthday, she closed her eyes and never opened them again, I begged, I prayed, I said everything I could to make her wake up she would not... I lost my friend, my confidant and a very caring person, My mother!
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by 1miccza: 12:14am On Jan 06, 2015
dancok:
u speak my mind brother,the girl brought everybody back to default settings this evening, I was thinking of how to make big money before I stumble on this thread,this thread makes everything looks unworthy, even our so called life is borrowed,hmmm mcheeew

Honestly bros my kid sister couldn't complete a page before she began to shed tears uncontrollably
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by inaiduna(m): 12:18am On Jan 06, 2015
2007 was the year, April was the month, it was 2wks after her birthday, she closed her eyes and never opened them again, I begged, I prayed, I said everything I could to make her wake up she would not... I lost my friend, my confidant and a very caring person, my Mother! I was the last person she saw and for me the experience lingers and each time I remember I struggle to hold my sanity. never knew death could be so painful, still miss her so so much... Nagado I will call your name, your son Aimiuwugwina remembers, just like the reason for his name if he could he would have fought what took you.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by kroosx: 12:22am On Jan 06, 2015
EVEN THE LIFE WE LIVE IS BORROWED CZ WE RE NOT PROMISED TOMMOROW
WOW THE OP OF THIS THREAD U RE-OPEND A FRESH WOUND IN MY HART
THE MEMORIES RE JUST TOO MUCH AND FRESH CNT FIND THE STRENGHT TO TYP DEM RYT NOW
I SAW HIM LAST JUNE12 2014
TILL HE DREW HIS LAST BREATH I DIDNT SEE HIM ANYMORE UNTIL NOV7 IN D COFFIN
HOW PAINFUL IT IS FOR A FATHER TO DIE WITHOUT SAYING A WORD OR HAVING A GLIMPSE AT IS FIRST MALE BORN
I MISS U PA
WEREVA U ARE I HOPE U FIND REST

SEPT 15 2014 A DAY I NEVA WILL FORGET

RIP WILSON (DUFS HAT)
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by twentycent(m): 12:34am On Jan 06, 2015
With tears in my eyes..my friend, a brother from another mother who we attended the same secondary school and he assisted me to get into the higher institution together with him. He was in his fiinal year and I was going for my IT as a 400L Engineering student, I remember the last night we spoke whch I cautioned him to be careful and with tears in his eyes he promised me to be careful and while. Was preparing to come back to meet my dear friend and brother just 2days later the news got in that he was killed by cultists. And my heart caved in, can't forget him ever as he was a friend indeed. He showed me how to be a giver. God bless your soul OLAMOJU MICHAEL.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by tigonana: 12:44am On Jan 06, 2015
My dad a great man indeed,can't just fget dat year 2006,I will do everytin to see him again,miss u daddy.nd 4yrs later I lost my sister again dis tym 2 breast cancer,she battle d disease 4 months b4 finally bowing to it.can't just typ again,crying. cry
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by twentycent(m): 2:45am On Jan 06, 2015
Dolypson04:
Lost my dad today.

So sorry to hear this bro..may he RIP, take heart my man.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:06am On Jan 06, 2015
The ever powerful voice of my sweetest Father.

Memories of His response when I prostrate to greet Him every morning.

Memories of that unique aroma that was always in His room.

Memories of His every protective and dependable Nature.

Memories of His unlimited knowledge.

Memories of His unique personality.

Best Leader
Legendary disciplinarian
The Ultimate Father.

U live on Daad
U live on.

Me asking him for my feeding allowance was the last conversation we had. He sent the money the next day. I did not even say thank U. I was in school 300 level. I received a call from my mum in the first week of november that he was sick. I thought it was normal sickness so I did not take it serious. I later received a call that He was in LUTH. I was scared. I started serious prayer. On thursday 29th of Nov 2012, I decided to go into serious fasting for Him. I encouraged my Mum to join me. That was the first "serious" fasting I ever took. I broke the fast after thursday prayer meeting in church which ended around 8pm. I prayed seriously for my Dad that night with strong hope that He will get better.
The next day, I with my strong faith called my Mum that morning hoping to hear news of His recovery. But instead, I was informed that he died that morning. The morning after my fast. 30th Nov 2012. I wept like never before. Drop are already coming out of my eye.

My Great Dad.

That did not deter my spirit from fasting.

Cos I know that GOD IS GREAT.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:24am On Jan 06, 2015
Dolypson04:
Lost my dad today.

Take heart Bro.

May God support U.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by safarigirl(f): 7:13am On Jan 06, 2015
kroosx:
EVEN THE LIFE WE LIVE IS BORROWED CZ WE RE NOT PROMISED TOMMOROW
WOW THE OP OF THIS THREAD U RE-OPEND A FRESH WOUND IN MY HART
THE MEMORIES RE JUST TOO MUCH AND FRESH CNT FIND THE STRENGHT TO TYP DEM RYT NOW
I SAW HIM LAST JUNE12 2014
TILL HE DREW HIS LAST BREATH I DIDNT SEE HIM ANYMORE UNTIL NOV7 IN D COFFIN
HOW PAINFUL IT IS FOR A FATHER TO DIE WITHOUT SAYING A WORD OR HAVING A GLIMPSE AT IS FIRST MALE BORN
I MISS U PA
WEREVA U ARE I HOPE U FIND REST

SEPT 15 2014 A DAY I NEVA WILL FORGET

RIP WILSON (DUFS HAT)
my mum died Sept 15 '04...exactly ten years before. May their souls be received in Heaven
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by jibadeCouture(m): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2015
im crying profusely right now going through alll the comments and posts on this thread.

The most painful and evergreen death is that of my eldest brother who died of stomach ulcer on june 12,2007 aged 28. His being the first death of a close family member really shook me for close to 3years.

Also lost my Surest aunt in 2010 to heart related issues.

The most recent is that of 2 of my friends-Yakub Yussuf aka YSF(a former Fac mate in Unilag who died July 2014 of throat cancer) and Tola Nuga who died in an accident( Dec 27th 2014) while coming from Lekki.

I weep the most when i think of people who are alive now but will still die,people who are agile now but will grow old and die and myself,that i would eventually die one day.

ALLAHU AKBAR! God is Great!

2 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by goldentee(m): 7:57am On Jan 06, 2015
Reading through people's comments this early morning and couldn't hold back the tears. Remembering my very good friend Emeka, who took me into his big apartment- a small room though- during my first year in the university. He taught me how to give and share with others even when I do not have enough for myself. No one misses him than I do.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by kroosx: 8:03am On Jan 06, 2015
amen
safarigirl:
my mum died Sept 15 '04...exactly ten years before. May their souls be received in Heaven
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by edaloba(m): 8:15am On Jan 06, 2015
Reading through all this, i can't control ma tears any longer, although i haven't lost a relative close to me, buh have once lost a friend Hussien. We use to go and fetch water together early in the morning. On that day, our normal rotine still took place, around 12, he said he is having headache and his gurdian wanted to take him to the hospital, he entered the car and couldn't move again. I could remember vividly, the man was chanting 'hussien, can't you hear me'. Alas a friend in the race of life is gone. I could remember how we use to both struggle to fetch water. I couldn't believe it, that he is no longer among the living. He was buried that same day, when we were taking his body to the nearby grave yard, i was having the believe that he will still stand up, that he is not died yet. Gone too soon, Hussuien where ever you are we miss you. #tearzInMaEyez#
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Norstrademus(m): 8:54am On Jan 06, 2015
Reading all your narrations of ur horrific experiences of losing a loved one has really sobered me up.i hve nt really lost a loved one per say,yes,i lost my maternal grandma buh we weren't so close,so i wasn't pained.i ve really felt ur pains from ur lines and i jux want to let y'all knw dat u will be joined wt ur lost ones on d resurrection morning.talk abt Dem as often as u can to preserve their memories..may their souls all rest in peace.. :

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by richyblink1(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2015
Death is a meal we all must eat someday weather hot or cold. Its true humans are built around mortality, but your demis was a great loss.

May 1, 2009. Was preparing to travel since it was a work free day only to receive a call that you were vomiting blood at the office. Rushed you to the hospital only for you to die in my hands.

Though I was accused of killing you since the last meal you had was with me, and that nearly landed me in jail but for your younger one and mum who stood by me.

Continue to rest in peace John Iloabuchi Odo! You will forever be in my mind.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by dabossman(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2015
Found out yesterday morning that my uncle had died the night before. The entire day went by like a haze. Saw this thread last night but couldn't even bring myself to comment. He was my mom's youngest sibling; the baby of the house. He was just about 15 years older than I am, so he was like a big brother; and he treated me like one.

My fondest memory of him was way back in the late 80's when I was about 9, and I went to holiday with them in Ibadan (he was still living at home with grandma then, just fresh out of university). One day he decided to take me out with him to see the town. I remember grandma saying "don't stay out too late". We did anyway. He took me to my first nightclub experience. It was a jazz club and my uncle played in the band. I was mesmerized by how he handled the guitar and played on the keyboard. Even got a kiss that made me blush in my dark skin, from one of his beautiful female band mates who thought I was a cute little boy. grin I thought she was cute too, and she sang like an angel. It was my most memorable experience in Ibadan, even though I've been there a gazillion times.

Even as an adult, you never let me pay for anything when you were there. Not even for the aso-ebi for grandma's burial. The saddest part is that grandpa (his father) died just about three months ago, and we haven't even committed him to the earth yet. It's a real double whammy.

I'll miss you uncle. I'll miss you dearly. My wife cried a bucket when I broke the news to her last night. Can't imagine the grief your wife will be experiencing. We'll all miss you.

Gone too soon. But God knows best.

P.S: Thank you Safarigirl for this thread. I've known you on Nairaland to be a very outspoken young lady in the Sports section; especially where Keshi and the Eagles are concerned. This thread though is something else. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by pwerrymansion(f): 9:10am On Jan 06, 2015
safarigirl:
Mine is my mother.

Sometime in February of 2003, I was 9 years old, so I and my siblings were dressed up to go out with my uncles and then my siblings started making fun of my clothes. They said I had no dress sense and most of my clothes didn't fit.

I got mad and said I wasn't going out anymore, so my mum pulled me to a mirror and made me look at my reflection and said, "You're a beautiful girl and your clothes are fine, don't listen to them, you're the most fashionable child in this house. Don't ever allow what anyone says make you cry.". I eventually went along, but I did waste enough time to ensure we didn't stay as long as intended at the amusement park.

She died the next year. She was 39.

Care to share yours?
sweetheart thanks for this thread though an emotional one. May God give us comfort and strength to move on. Mine was my friend, a Nun who also happened to be a teacher as at the time. We moved into a new country and as such got school 4 the kids,each day my son would come home with new writing materials and when I ask he would tell me it was his teacher. So I made out time to see this teacher and on getting there,I realised she was a Nigerian and also an Igbo. On sighting her I knew all was not well and so we got talking,that was when she disclosed she was battling with Cancer! I froze literally. From that day she became family, I was with her throughout her treatments and even her surgery holding hands and chanting songs of victory. She was a very strong woman. I could always remember her telling me that God wouldn't take her because she's not done impacting and making a difference in this generation. After the surgery, she became well,stronger and more fiesty abt her mission. I thought we had conquered. I gave testimonies abt her everytime and place I had the opportunity. 2 years later, she came complaining of pain around her arm, I started massaging her with shear butter n aboniki. Bt it grew worse and we went 4 acupuncture treatments et al. When no improvement was seen,her fellow Nun took her to the hospital and our fears were confirmed! The Cancer! The deadly tumour has spread that whole arm and neck! Oh I cried! I tried asking God questions. But Sis UK started encouraging me, telling me she'd be well. I have never seen a woman that strong and brave even amidst severe pains. She still bore the pains to school even when she was asked to take a sick leave,I complained and she said "everytime counts,I don't want to be pitied.I can still make an impact even in this condition" tears whirled up my eyes and I was sober for the rest of that day. Well to cut stories short, I came bk home for my break, but before we travelled I had prepared all kinds of food and packed in the fridge, bought groceries that would last her till I came home, got someone to assist her cos she couldn't move her right arm anymore. I remembered when I was leaving she hid her face and I saw tears trickle down her face. I told her I would be back very soon and we planned what we'd do when I return. Even in Nigeria we kept in touch though not on daily basis. But on a particular day, I saw her sms, asking me how she could get a ticket cos she's coming bk to Nigeria the next day. I became uneasy bt I asked her if everything was ok, she told me it was that we'd talk better when we see. When she hung up I notice her voice changed. She was talking feebly. I couldn't get it together because she's the type that even when very sick, u will not detect it from her voice. Her folks never knew she was battling with such ailment cos she gave them the impression that all was well. The next day when I felt she must have landed Lagos, I called her lines bt I couldn't get through. So I waited till the following day, I called her brother who was a reverend father in Nigeria and asked her if she landed safely. The next words I heard from him got me unconscious. She died in a taxi on her way to the airport. She couldn't even make it home! She couldn't wait for me to get home. *teary* life has not been the same since her demise. Cos I remember everyday. When I cook,I still include her jst that she dosent get to eat hers! Her words always echo in my head. I haven't even got the nerves to go to her apartment....... RIP Sis U as I fondly call you. I know you are in a more safer and peaceful place!
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by bafm(f): 9:15am On Jan 06, 2015
dancok:
oh! sis this pathetic, sorry but u should have hold her back she is ur mom she listen na,sorry huh.

She was a prophetess,"she said d church need her" cos she own a church...I still feel am d cause of her death,cos if she didn't come to my place,she won't die like dat
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by ONESS: 10:13am On Jan 06, 2015
MissSlimbody:

I think u meant earlier last year, we're in 2015 already smiley
My late will continue to rest in peace for advice that has continued to yield good for me. Especially the first time i experienced heartbreak, she was my comfort and a MOTHER.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by MissSlimbody(f): 10:29am On Jan 06, 2015
ONESS:
My late will continue to rest in peace for advice that has continued to yield good for me. Especially the first time i experienced heartbreak, she was my comfort and a MOTHER.

I'm sorry for your loss embarassed
May she continue to rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Husband Wants To Use Me For Money Rituals / My Wife Prefers Staying At Home All Day Doing Nothing / I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.