Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,776 members, 7,955,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:52 PM

5 Major Disadvantages Of Android - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android (51456 Views)

Tech: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phone / Android Phone Major Disadvantages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by threadstone(m): 8:24am On Jan 07, 2015
Olamide1997:
Well spoken, I partly agree with you but I think u missed it when u said no android device is better than bb10 in multi-tasking. Try samsung note 3 ,note 4 or s5, u will be shocked with the multitasking. Note 3 and 4 can perform a lot of things with stylus pen-I mean a lot. Try youtube videos or reviews. I really like the iOS cos it's safer than android cos Google aint stingy like Apple- If Google had kept android like Apple kept iOS,there won't be malware on android playstore. Is any apple device water resistance or water proof? Try Sony -the best in that aspect or try Samsung a rookie in that area. U talked Jailbreaking-well it isn't as easy as rooting. Agree or disagree? Well, let's talk about screen technology, Samsung uses Super Amoled, what does Apple use? LCD or what?- LED? All thesd stands no chance against Super Amoled. Well, I must acknowledge the fact that Apple fingerprint ID beats samsung and htc max hand's down but have u seen huawei mate 7 finger print ID?-miles better,even 360 degree capability and high sensitive and u can even use a wet finger!!! Well iPhone 6 and 6 plus Camera's very sexy, check samsung's note 4 camera review with iphone 6 and 6 plus review. Well, Samsung note 4 even has better graphics engine tham iPhone 6. Sony has scratch proof,and dust proof glass technology with water proof body! Apple has only scratch proof glass. The only tangible reason is that android lags atimes while iOS is completely lagfree-This, I think is Apple's master achievement and most valid point over Android anytime. But Android also has a lot of valid point. Maybe if Apple releases iOS to other phone manufacturers to make,they can compete with the ever increasing innovations of Samsung,htc,Sony,Nexus,motorola,etc. THANKS TO YOU ALL

Well, nice critique though i may still be able to contest some of your points too. Android 5.0 came close. Ive used it so i believe i can vouch for it.
On multitasking i recommended bb10 based on the app switching capability which i believe most android cannot match at the moment.
On being water resistant, kudos to Sony for leading the pack for that, Apple too has led with different innovations too. Multi touch (which is used by every smartphone now, fingerprint etc so its nothing new. Only the s5 or maybe note 4 has a water resistant feature embedded.
On display Apple uses the ips technology with retina display (packs a lot of more pixels together to give a fine display) th only advantage amoled has on it is that it gives a more black display because the electrodes focus on the color section when lighting up the screen
Jailbreaking is now sooooo easyyy. Even my gf could run it. Its as simple as downloading the software tool (34mb max) connecting your phone to the system, select your os firmware and jailbreak while making sure the system is connected to the internet. Im sure if ure soaking garri or eating popcorn while waiting it wont take up to five minutes. You see its a bit less complex than jailbreaking with odin or almost the same as using shuame root method. It was during the era of redsnow jailbreak that it was complex try Taig jailbreak (the chinese are really good).

The really downside to apple as u noted is that they make both hardware and software so theres more focus on the software integration. Thats the secret of being lagfree. Googles nexus too is more fluid in operations than the others. until recently it was one phone per year while the others have multitudes to produce with similar features. An iphone produced today is meant to last three generations at least. Iphone 4s (2011) is running ios 8.1.2 (2014). Samsung s3 released at the same period stopped at jellybean 4.3 mid 2013.
Its much easier producing a hardware and waiting for a software to drop on it. If not tecno be and a host of other not so spectacular devices will still be on their 4 sim java products.

Again producing a killer phone with all innovations in it will definitely hurt ur next product, its no secret s4 is doing well more than s5. And tecno phantom remains tecnos best selling product. The only funny thing i just noticed is that i mentioned iphone and u drew your comparisms from a lot of devices.

Apple must join the android team.

Thanks once again
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Dabss(m): 1:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
Back then driod fans use said any phone with 1gb ram will never hang or lag. Now it's 2-3gb lol cheesy

They can't just admit the fact that andriod will never be as smooth as ios or windows....... the iphone 6+ has just 1gb ram yet it can run any app the Note 4 with 3gb ram can run, enough said.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
threadstone:

Well, nice critique though i may still be able to contest some of your points too. Android 5.0 came close. Ive used it so i believe i can vouch for it.
On multitasking i recommended bb10 based on the app switching capability which i believe most android cannot match at the moment.
On being water resistant, kudos to Sony for leading the pack for that, Apple too has led with different innovations too. Multi touch (which is used by every smartphone now, fingerprint etc so its nothing new. Only the s5 or maybe note 4 has a water resistant feature embedded.
On display Apple uses the ips technology with retina display (packs a lot of more pixels together to give a fine display) th only advantage amoled has on it is that it gives a more black display because the electrodes focus on the color section when lighting up the screen
Jailbreaking is now sooooo easyyy. Even my gf could run it. Its as simple as downloading the software tool (34mb max) connecting your phone to the system, select your os firmware and jailbreak while making sure the system is connected to the internet. Im sure if ure soaking garri or eating popcorn while waiting it wont take up to five minutes. You see its a bit less complex than jailbreaking with odin or almost the same as using shuame root method. It was during the era of redsnow jailbreak that it was complex try Taig jailbreak (the chinese are really good).

The really downside to apple as u noted is that they make both hardware and software so theres more focus on the software integration. Thats the secret of being lagfree. Googles nexus too is more fluid in operations than the others. until recently it was one phone per year while the others have multitudes to produce with similar features. An iphone produced today is meant to last three generations at least. Iphone 4s (2011) is running ios 8.1.2 (2014). Samsung s3 released at the same period stopped at jellybean 4.3 mid 2013.
Its much easier producing a hardware and waiting for a software to drop on it. If not tecno be and a host of other not so spectacular devices will still be on their 4 sim java products.

Again producing a killer phone with all innovations in it will definitely hurt ur next product, its no secret s4 is doing well more than s5. And tecno phantom remains tecnos best selling product. The only funny thing i just noticed is that i mentioned iphone and u drew your comparisms from a lot of devices.

Apple must join the android team.

Thanks once again
I really like ur points. I see u really know a lot about. I like to argue with reasonable people like u. But I don't knw the best OS btw the two. If I have enough money, I'll just buy both iPhone 6 plus and Note 4. Those phones are too good. But I know Apple is out of this world. Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 will never be fast as Apple A8 chipset just like iPhone may never be as good in multitasking and tweaking as Note 4. Both have their ups and downs. But as I said earlier, if i am to choose, I dont knw the one to choose but I'll go for note 4 because of. . . . A lot! I don't even know
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
Olamide1997:
I really like ur points. I see u really know a lot about. I like to argue with reasonable people like u. But I don't knw the best OS btw the two. If I have enough money, I'll just buy both iPhone 6 plus and Note 4. Those phones are too good. But I know Apple is out of this world. Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 will never be fast as Apple A8 chipset just like iPhone may never be as good in multitasking and tweaking as Note 4. Both have their ups and downs. But as I said earlier, if i am to choose, I dont knw the one to choose but I'll go for note 4 because of. . . . A lot! I don't even know
the reason why apple chipset seems faster is because it's optimized (it runs only ios) Snapdragon is not optimized. install iPhone 6+ on note 4 it will run almost perfectly but install note 4's touchwiz on iPhone 6+ it will die ...
no iPhone can beat nexus 5 coz nexus 5 is optimize. go YouTube, watch iPhone 6 vs nexus 5 speed test .

SD810 is the best chipset
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Ayodeleo3: 2:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
http://featu.re/D9MWTA download d app on ur android device or iPhone n strt making money.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
runzlord:
if this is true, oem's would not bother upgrading the memory of the ram because they are the most expensive item(along with screen) in building a phone. Look at iphone... iphone 4 to 6 all use 1gb ram
The most expensive part of an android fone is the screen...... U're just a good copy and paste fellow, u know nofin about android
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by quil36(m): 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
Get Etisalat 1GB data as low as N1100 with 30 days validity.

This is not a cheat as we purchased bulk data and resell by sharing. This data can be used on any kind of device, eg, iOS, andriod,windows, Wi-Fi, modems etc.

We equally have other data plans such as:

500 mb – N600
750 mb – N900
1gb - N1100
2gb - N2000

Interested buyers can contact us on:

Call/whatsapp : 09092684000
BBM : 531DC172
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
Dabss:
Back then driod fans use said any phone with 1gb ram will never hang or lag. Now it's 2-3gb lol cheesy

They can't just admit the fact that andriod will never be as smooth as ios or windows....... the iphone 6+ has just 1gb ram yet it can run any app the Note 4 with 3gb ram can run, enough said.
whenever you are talking about os stop mentioning window..
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by threadstone(m): 11:18am On Jan 24, 2015
Olamide1997:

Yeah thanks. I like that too

Funnily according to a speedtest i viewed note 4 is about 5 secs faster than iphone 6 while d iphone 6 outclasses it in opening recent apps and multitasking. This is so breathtaking if u consider that the note 4 has 3gb ram, quadcore processor and iphone 6 has 1gb ram with a dual core peocessor (imagine what wld happen if it was 2gb). Thats where most androids have their shortcoming. They have to compesate the lag with higher specs. The note 4 in the test was a kitkat build(more lag is expected as it moves to lollipop)
I do almost anything on my iphone 6 now. The cydia tweaks are amazingg. Only thing out of place is custom roms which u dont need since u have it all embedded in d ios . But if youre going for a note 4 chill till mid 2015.. Prices drop after s6 launch and anticipation for note 5 begins.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by threadstone(m): 11:31am On Jan 24, 2015
Kindly allow me to disagree on one point u noted. Touchwiz on iphone 6 will definitely lag. Remember iphone 6 has only a dual core processor & 1gb ram to process the tasks as with 3gb on note 4 with quad core. Even with that touchwiz note4 is only a few secs faster
Touchwiz is so loaded with junks you dont need and this affects overall performance.
Note 4 specs on ios 8 will definitely be a killer phone, but as i mentioned earlier. Its easier building a phone and waiting for a free os to load on it than doing the two together.
lilbest4:
the reason why apple chipset seems faster is because it's optimized (it runs only ios) Snapdragon is not optimized. install iPhone 6+ on note 4 it will run almost perfectly but install note 4's touchwiz on iPhone 6+ it will die ...
no iPhone can beat nexus 5 coz nexus 5 is optimize. go YouTube, watch iPhone 6 vs nexus 5 speed test .

SD810 is the best chipset
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by threadstone(m): 11:32am On Jan 24, 2015
lilbest4:
whenever you are talking about os stop mentioning window..

Windows 10 is coming.. Anticipate

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know / See The InnJoo Fire Camera Versus Samsung Galaxy Duos Camera + Water & Drop Test / The Bontel Phone That Can Charge Other Phones I Saw Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.