Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,427 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

5 Major Disadvantages Of Android - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android (50735 Views)

Tech: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phone / Android Phone Major Disadvantages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by akashi01(m): 10:05am On Jan 04, 2015
hijaynation:

Nigga cut the crap my iphone4 battery even last more than samsung galaxy s4 battery me and my roomie tried it one day and he was surprised....iPhone don't consume data at all except if u wanna download d app...but when I was using s2 bk den Mehn I do 2500 subscription twice a month...and that malware stuff sha they need to do something abt it
bros this argument is not based on Samsung and iPhone alone, who says s4's battery is durable, mind you android is used by different brands,what I want to ask is that ,is your iPhone battery up to 4000mah like gionee m2 or m3 or TH 5000 with 5000mah??,all these models I listed are android,you can't even dream of comparing their batteries to iphone's

quote me if you have something reasonable to say

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by nani667: 10:10am On Jan 04, 2015
Una get time sha.... So this crap thread has gotten over 8 pages

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by LewisO: 10:16am On Jan 04, 2015
martineverest:
D question is,how many nigeria actually use fones to it full potentials?..have u asked urself,y american,european and japanese keep buying iphone despite it cost?...nigerians only use fones for browsing,chatting and calling.
You type-flopped, u're typing like a racist involving Nigeria into this.

If people didn't buy or use phone for "browsing, CH@ting and calling, so what else is usefulness of phone, for hacking peoples innocent account or for stealing online, huh? Oh please!...
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by hijaynation(m): 10:29am On Jan 04, 2015
xtervaganza:
iphone gulps data too

Facebook android app is just 20+ mb while ios Facebook app is around 50+ mb

And browsing on both os uses almost the same data
Lol look at ur ignorance yes their app size ain't same but when it comes to data cumsuption Mehn forget it android sucks data
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by hijaynation(m): 11:04am On Jan 04, 2015
akashi01:
bros this argument is not based on Samsung and iPhone alone, who says s4's battery is durable, mind you android is used by different brands,what I want to ask is that ,is your iPhone battery up to 4000mah like gionee m2 or m3 or TH 5000 with 5000mah??,all these models I listed are android,you can't even dream of comparing their batteries to iphone's

quote me if you have something reasonable to say
So becux it's 4000bla bla bla means it's better abi it's like saying samsung 16MP camera is better than iPhone 8mp camera nigga stop calling Gionee for me those are phones my lil siblings hate.....chinko phones

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 04, 2015
hijaynation:

So becux it's 4000bla bla bla means it's better abi it's like saying samsung 16MP camera is better than iPhone 8mp camera nigga stop calling Gionee for me those are phones my lil siblings hate.....chinko phones
SHUT UP!!!!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2015
KazukiIto:

- "Most phones have the same specs, with diff design, even some devices of to day has related designs".
Ayaya!!!! Guy stop this na!!!! Have u designed a logic circuit before? Just because they have, so-called, same specs, does not mean there are arranged (hardware wise) in the same - and this greatly is an important factor.

- "See, since ive used the best, why would i use all? If u use tools to check the ip of that post u quoted, u will see galaxy grand".

Runzlord there are other high-end Android vendors in the world (HTC, Sony, LG, Huawei, etc.). Which body pronounced Samsung (the only smartphone u've used) the best smartphone in the android line?

My problem with ur post is u using an experience with just one android device to generalize, not only that, condemn an OS (as if it's the one making those devices). Okay, if you can get a Nexus device (which is made by google, just like iphone by apple) and then compare the experiences, I will be very glad to accept the results. The software only drives what she sees. If the hardware is configured wrong or poorly, then u develop issues. Get facts then u can post. Learn to do ur homework first b4 spewing sh*t.

Please...

I said they are not designed the same way, you said they are arranged differently , whats the diff?

See ive seen and used all those phones. What I'm saying Is. If baba gbenga(android) has many children(ranging from phones to phones) and I meet the most handsome and inteligent of all his children(one m8, s5, note4, g3, z3, find7, one plus 1) and his first born(nexus 6) and I noticed they all have tribal marks, what you are telling me now is that I should go round his many children b4 I conclude that his family is ugly?
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 04, 2015
guyX:

Many are mad, few are roaming.
you have a ram of 512mb and you're expecting lightening speed.
I'm guessing you know little about smart phones.
1. It hangs a lot . Solution: Get a phone with at least 2gig RAM.
2. Drains battery. Solution: Don't use a phone with a battery lower than 3500mAh.
3. Drains data. Solution: Restrict background data in phone setting(I mean everyone knows dat na!).
4. Over heats. Solution: Don't use your phone while charging. It also lowers the battery life.
5.Box of malware. Solution: Always check the ratings and comment before you download an app on Google play store.

Iphone 6 was phonearena best phone last year.
1. It does not hang with a 1gb ram
2. The battery lasts with a 1800mah
3. The data lasts without shuting down anything
4. Like I said b4. If it takes 30 min for an android phone to heat up, iphone would take 3hours
5. U dont need to do that on apple store cos all apps are great!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by SuPeRq(f): 11:59am On Jan 04, 2015
LewisO:
Hello!
hi! How may I help u
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by akashi01(m): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
hijaynation:

I never knew I was arguing with a kid,we are talking about battery and you're saying chinko,aren't you ashamed that a "chinko" battery is better than the iPhone you're using

quote me if you want to die young grin
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2015
what android phone do you own @op? Include The make & the specs
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by OnyeEgo1(m): 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Glo bis, airtel bb sub, Meg selling

how do one activate glo 1gb plan for #1k is dat possible?
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by miketayo(m): 12:53pm On Jan 04, 2015
Baddestguyp:
which phone doesn't heat up

my lumia 730 doesnt.. havent made very long calls though.. but with d games i play regularly am talkn asphalt 8, six guns etc
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Murphybrown1981(m): 12:53pm On Jan 04, 2015
Akamo5 Thanks my bro for ur comments, I'm so sure that Dude who updated that info just got his Android phone A day ago, Cos we d old Android users Since 2010 doesn't experienced such probs. Moreso my precious HTC doesn't bleeped up. Android remain the best in the world. Lol.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by KazukiIto(m): 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2015
runzlord:

I said they are not designed the same way, you said they are arranged differently , whats the diff?

See ive seen and used all those phones. What I'm saying Is. If baba gbenga(android) has many children(ranging from phones to phones) and I meet the most handsome and inteligent of all his children(one m8, s5, note4, g3, z3, find7, one plus 1) and his first born(nexus 6) and I noticed they all have tribal marks, what you are telling me now is that I should go round his many children b4 I conclude that his family is ugly?

Believe me, ur metaphor does not cover (not even in the slightest way) what we r trying to debate. It's too weak. Ah can see u don't understand technology (at a low-level) very well. U r just another apple fanboy. Keep advertising ur brand, but this negro is out of here!

Peace...
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by LewisO: 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
SuPeRq:
hi! How may I help u
Huh?

U don't have to ask a question or approach me that way, after all I didn't approach u in a discourteous manner!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

how do one activate glo 1gb plan for #1k is dat possible?
Google na ur best friend
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
miketayo:

my lumia 730 doesnt.. havent made very long calls though.. but with d games i play regularly am talkn asphalt 8, six guns etc
those games can't make a phone heat up. play any mmorpg in a place with bad network, let ur pings calculate to 200,000 or even leave it to 500,000 and see of it won't explode undecided
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
runzlord:

Iphone 6 was phonearena best phone last year.
1. It does not hang with a 1gb ram
2. The battery lasts with a 1800mah
3. The data lasts without shuting down anything
4. Like I said b4. If it takes 30 min for an android phone to heat up, iphone would take 3hours
5. U dont need to do that on apple store cos all apps are great!
I spend almost 24 hours on any android phone I'm using and none has ever heated up, except when used on massive online gaming
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
KazukiIto:

Believe me, ur metaphor does not cover (not even in the slightest way) what we r trying to debate. It's too weak. Ah can see u don't understand technology (at a low-level) very well. U r just another apple fanboy. Keep advertising ur brand, but this negro is out of here!

Peace...
Last speech of a loser who does not want to accept defeat...
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
Baddestguyp:
I spend almost 24 hours on any android phone I'm using and none has ever heated up, except when used on massive online gaming
Touch the back of ur phone right now and tell me what you feel.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by KazukiIto(m): 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
runzlord:

Last speech of a loser who does not want to accept defeat...

Believe me! Ah know better...
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2015
finally, op, if all these were true, den why is it that android owns more than 80% of smartphone market. Samsung on its own practically double Apple's share
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2015
runzlord:

I even put it on my face, its cool, what next undecided
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by LewisO: 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
runzlord:

The way u taking this matter is too extreme, all phone get hot when been overused, the guy said is phone hardly get hot, u are telling him to touch the back, u are such a comedian! grin

Does that mean if u are in charge of phone import that signifies u are ready to ban "Android", huh? Oh please!...

Even a vehicle brand that don't over-heat even if if it doesn't bring out heat flame when being used, when u open the burnet it still get hot, so please don't condemn android it's still the best gadget so far!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
LewisO:
The way u taking this matter is too extreme, all phone get hot when been overused, the guy said is phone hardly get hot, u are telling him to touch the back, u are such a comedian! grin

Does that mean if u are in charge of phone import that signifies u are ready to ban "Android", huh? Oh please!...

Even a vehicle brand that don't over-heat even if if it doesn't bring out heat flame when being used, when u open the burnet it still get hot, so please don't condemn android it's still the best gadget so far!
leave the guy, he claims android is bad yet it takes more than 80% of smartphone market (around 89% or so). or is he saying almost 90% of smartphone users are fools
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by temmym4(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
This OP is a clown. Let me pick your points one by one

1. Hangs a lot
That is the reward of buying Tecno and other Chinese oriented cheap smartphones. I cant remember when I had a device that slows or hangs. It is a not a must for you to use an android smartphone if you cant afford one, but if you insist on buying the cheap made ones, then stop complaining when you get a slow, crawling and hanging processors.

2. Drains battery

This is the most common stuff among each and every smartphone regardless of the Operating system. Android, ios, WP, symbian and d rest. Your battety consumption depends on how u use your phone, your CPU power and your battery capacity. If u want a phone that will last you for a month on a single charge, stick with Nokia torch-light phones.

3. It drains data
Come on, nothing good comes easily. U cant compare opening a facebook site with a smartphone's main browser and a java phone browser. Especially flash sites. Stuffs like getting your email in real time on the go, updating weathers and locations, updating your socials almost every minute and staying online. These goes into extra data consumption and it isnt limited to just Android. All other operating systems does this.
Java phone will do u some good if you want to avoid extra data.

4. Over heats.
It s quite normal for smartphones to get warm during operation especially on a high load, but over heating? Well I dont know about that, what kind of phone do u use oga?

5. Box of Malware Google play store.
The question is, who forced your fingers into downloading every single thing you come across on play store in the first place. There are thousands of apps in the store but that never meant you must download them all, only go with What you need.

Stop crying OP. Get a good android smartphone or quit and embrace Java phones. No be by force grin grin
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by SuPeRq(f): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
LewisO:

Huh?

U don't have to ask a question or approach me that way, after all I didn't approach u in a discourteous manner!
aaaayyyyaaaahhhh soweeeee oooooo bros
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by LewisO: 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
Baddestguyp:
leave the guy, he claims android is bad yet it takes more than 80% of smartphone market (around 89% or so). or is he saying almost 90% of smartphone users are fools
All what he is typing are off-point, "Android" is the most used mobile device worldwide.

I have decided not to quote him, but when he type that u should check the back of ya phone I got furious about that, but I didn't approach him discourteously anyway, was just trying to let him know some.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by LewisO: 2:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
SuPeRq:
aaaayyyyaaaahhhh soweeeee oooooo bros
Stop showing ignorance!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by martineverest(m): 2:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
Pls, am no racist.....have u heard of IoT(internet of things)?
LewisO:

You type-flopped, u're typing like a racist involving Nigeria into this.

If people didn't buy or use phone for "browsing, CH@ting and calling, so what else is usefulness of phone, for hacking peoples innocent account or for stealing online, huh? Oh please!...
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by tdammy(m): 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
@op ur xo xo wrong, every phones as its own grade. well I think ur not an IT person that y u put up this write up.

U can't install an application that's ment for windows8 on windows98 and u expect it to response @ d speed of light.

if we check wella maybe OP dey use one of those android phones that's runs on 500MB Ram memory, and he is playing a game like GTA SA on it and expecting it not to hang. hmnm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" / NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Is Your Home Screen Better Than Mine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.