Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,922 members, 7,810,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

unHOLY MATRIMONY - Literature (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / unHOLY MATRIMONY (170396 Views)

The Matrimony, The Blessing: A Mothers advice and prayers for the Daughter / Holy Matrimony, A Novel / Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 7:04am On Apr 07, 2015
harjibolar10:
@candy: thank you, happy easter in arrears, I pray we witness many more.. .
Amen. @ candy, same here
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by toykathy(f): 7:32am On Apr 07, 2015
candy:

Happy easter, my dear sis. Hope you've not finished all the easter chicken o.

@SexySapphire, stuff46, ruffhandu, Onemansquad, skimpledawg, zyzxx, QueenTolpatx, Hameenat94, toykathy, kingphilip, sade1, calmdove, missmossy, missviva, kenwins, D9ty7, Devepen1, jaymminna,mario1983, prettydiva89, lenmafon, harjibolar10, tescoleps and the rest of this fine crew, I wish you a happy Easter celebration, even if you are not a Christian! We thank God for making us witness another Easter celebration on earth. I pray for many more of it for us all.

Lots of love to you all, and greetings from ma family to yours!

Updates coming tomorrow, by the special grace of God. Let's enjoy the picnic today.

thz Candy. May the power of ressurection work wonders in our lives.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
Candy ur story is working wonders in my life, it's really nice, u are doing a good job. keep it up.

Tade- i blamed him 4 wat's happening in his family, he caused it in d first place. i think he should just settle down wit Bola nd his kids.

Wande- i blamed her a little 4 letting her guards down nd allowing Charles 2 sleep wit her. she did just 1 mistake nd it spoiled everything, though she got sumthing beta wit it. I really hope she nd Segun can get 2geda cos Tade doesn't love her in d first place.

Bola- na d thing wey ur eyes find na im u see. i wish she would suffer a little more 4 her sins.

Candy we are expecting more updates ooo. cnt wait 2 read d end of dis story.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
thanks Ma'am Candy...
please update cos its like this story is holding my life without updates
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
prettydiva89:
thanks Ma'am Candy...
please update cos its like this story is holding my life without updates
hold life kee, kilode. candy plx update 4 my dive case
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
sammyomotola:
hold life kee, kilode. candy plx update 4 my dive case
thanks
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2015

"Charles molested me one of those days when I waited for you to return from your sales round. Ever since, he had used it to blackmail me into sleeping with him. When I threatened to tell you, he said you won't believe me." She looked at him from a corner of her eyes as she told her story. Tade didn't show any sign of anger, he just sat still with his hand cupping his chin.

When she didn't continue her story after a long pause, Tade looked at her, his eyes blazing with anger now. "Are you going to continue or you want me to force it out of you?"

She cleared her throat and sniffed into her handkerchief before she continued.
"He encouraged me to stick to you even after you married Wande. For him, it was all about the money. But along the line, we fell in love, or rather, I fell in love with him..."

"Cut that crap, Bola. You didn't need Charles' nudging to come for me. The money was enough..."

She looked down shamefully. Of a truth, she had the reputation for running after money like ants over sugar. She recalled how he had told her everything about Tade and Wande. He had tried to get her pregnant twice so as to claim more money from Tade. Unfortunately, the children had turned out to be Tade's.

Charles on hearing about the first dna, had gone to Wande's house while Tade crisscrossed ibadan and Oshogbo, collecting the children's swab. Fortunately, Tade had handed the samples to him for onward submission to the doctor. The swap was easier than he assumed. He had carefully exchanged the Oshogbo samples with the ones he lifted from the twins at Tade's house. Little did the lovers know that the samples they swapped with didn't even share dna with Tade.

"Bo...bola..." Tade snapped his fingers. His breathing was labored.

"Tade! Tade!! Tade!!! Yee!" Bola screamed and rushed to his side.

He stood up and held his chest, as he doubled over in pain. Bola wiped her face and quickly rushed to the fridge to get some water. She became alarmed when he doubled over and fell on the bed. His eyes rolled inside their sockets. He used to have severe asthma but he had since gotten over it. Could this be an asthmatic attack or shock? She thought. She checked his pants pocket for an inhaler, none.

She picked her phone, and thought of who to call. She quickly called Sade, who in turn called a doctor friend.

"I'll be with you soon as I get hold of Dr Bode." Sade told her sister.

"He might not make it!" She was sobbing profusely by now. She quickly picked Tade's phone and scrolled to 'Dr.' There were over twenty listed doctors ther. The first on the list was a Dr Benjamin. Not minding if it was a Phd, he called the number and explained the situation.

She rambled out his condition in jumbled sentences.

"Can you get him to the clinic? We are not far from where you are now." Dr Benjamin said.

"I'll get help here."

Shadow had not returned with her car key. She didn't even know where the goons were. She searched through Tade's pocket for the room key and his car key as Tade watched helplessly. She ran downstairs to get help. His breathing had become labored and irregular by the time she returned with the hotel manager and another guest who claimed to be a doctor.

They rushed him to the Range rover, the kind doctor and manager got in beside him at the back. Having a dead guest would be bring bad publicity to the guest house.

She got behind the wheels and started the engine. She had dreamed of driving this expensive car over and over. But under the situation, she might as well have been driving a tricycle. She sped out of the serene compound at Akobo and headed towards New Bodija. As a UI alumni, she knew old and new Bodija like her palms.

Two nurses wheeled him into the emergency room, where Dr Benjamin waited.

Wande broke down in tears as they wheeled him in. It took two nurses to calm her down. It all looked like a bad dream, one she prayed to wake up from soon. She didn't even notice Bola who stood in one corner with the hotel manager and the guest.

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2015

Chapter 36

"Darling, please let's go back to the house and pick Daniel's robbot." Anna pleaded as they headed out of the hotel. Daniel sulked at the back because in the rush to leave the house, he had left kesh, his robbot best friend in the living room.

"Babe, we've planned this trip for over one week!" He snapped at Anna.
Daniel's sulk turned to a loud sob. "Dan, I'll buy you as many keshs as you want, ok?"

Daniel did not respond. Anna looked back and pet him. "Dan sweetie, I'll come back and bring Kesh for you, ok?"

A big grin spread through his chubby face. All he wanted was his kesh and no other Robbot. "Thank you!" He hugged Anna's neck from the back. Anna smiled, charles concentrated on his driving. They had spent the night in a new hotel around Agodi against Anna and Daniel's wish.

"Why can't we move from your house to Lagos tomorrow?" Anna had asked him when he called to tell her to get ready to leave the house. They have quietly gone to the registry the previous weekend without informing Tade or the Williams. The hush and rush had roused Anna's suspicion initially but Charles had convinced her all was well.

"We'll invite them all to our church wedding and the traditional wedding next month." He had convinced her.
Following the Williams' lawyer's incessant calls,
he had called the traveling agent in charge of their tourist visas to Australia to speed things up. Their visas won't be ready till the following tuesday, but Mama Williams had started snooping around, asking him to release Tade's stash, the four flats and the uncompleted duplex. Apparently, a forensic auditor had traced the stolen cash to Bola with the trail finally settling at his doorstep. Mama Williams had paid him a visit asking him about the money. To save his neck, he had promised to release all the money, after telling Mama Williams the relationship between bola and her son in law. The news had caught her unawares and she had agreed not to arrest him.

That was over a month ago. Ever since, he had started processing their visas so he could escape with the cash and retain the properties- he had no plan of releasing anything, he just bought his escape time. "Na so e easy?" He had asked himself jokingly.

Sometimes, he felt guilty for destroying Tade's marriage, but he was a man on a mission- to destroy. Tade had taken everything he ever wanted.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2015

"Guys, that's the chick I told you about." Charles drew Tade and his other friend, ben back as Bola swayed pass them towards a waiting taxi.

"Is she in history?" Tade asked disinterestedly. He was in a sour mood. Their NYSC posting list had just been posted and despite his 'runs', he had been posted to Gombe state.

"She's in linguistics. But she's through now, her set will be our second batch." Charles said excitedly. Luckily, he had been posted to Osun state, maybe because of his Edo origin. Ben had been posted to Lagos state.

"Na wa o, how come you know so much about her?" Ben asked

"I've been on her case since our last semester."

The three of them walked towards the gate in the scorching sun, Ben and Charles chatted excitedly. They considered trekking to the gate a way of saving money.

Tade kept mute all through the walk to the gate. He was more concerned about his girlfriend and his big boy lifestyle around her. Fending for himself in Gombe was his major concern.

"Tade, no wahala now, you can still re deploy on compassionate ground after camp." Ben consoled him.

"Well, aye o pare o" Tade said cheerfully, "na to dey play away match till I re deploy jor." He consoled himself.
Charles had just been dumped by his girlfriend of over just three months due to his love for money and girls. Ben's fiancée was a final year nursing student. Tade's girlfriend, Helen, was a three hundred level sociology student, whose father was a serving commissioner. She was his money bag. Yes, Tade too loved money and girls, more than anything, but because of his look and charming ways, he had been lucky to have girls who tolerated his excesses. But not charles. He was too crude to be considered charming, despite his over six ft height.

Helen, was too clingy for his liking and not attractive enough. But staying in Oyo state with her would have made his life easier. He had used her father's influence but his name had been omitted on the original list. He had taken it up personally from there, only for his name to come out as posted to Gombe.

"Helen will sort it all out, don't worry." Said Ben

"That her father is too strict jor. I'll try compassionate ground in camp."

"But seriously, I like that girl o." Charles said, forcing his friends to stop in their strides.

"You well so?" Ben asked jokingly. "You go step up small before that babe look your side o."

"Why didn't you ask her out since na?" Tade asked.

"I've told him since the first day he showed me that girl o! But e be like say the girl too sexy and sophisticated for my guy." He hit Charles head with his folder, playfully.

Charles kept quiet. Ben had hit home truth. He had had close contact with this chocolate beauty more than four times. His self confidence had suffered a temporary paralysis on each occasion. She looked too gorgeous to be his level.

"Men, I don't want her to insult me jor." He confessed

"Ha...ha..." Tade chuckled. "Why will you allow a girl to intimidate you? She's not even as hot and popular as helen, yet I've been controlling her for the past one year."

At the gate, they boarded a bus going to Orogun where they all stayed with Ben's cousin since they vacated their hostel after their last semester.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 07, 2015

Tade's re deployment hadn't worked out as planned. He had enjoyed Mallam Sidi camp so much he forgot to submit his letter on time. He had been posted to Deba local government secretariat for his PA.

One hot afternoon, six months later, the second tier corpers stormed the corpers' lodge in Deba.

"Hey!" One of the corpers called out to him where he was playing table tennis with the other guys.

He looked up to find Bola, Charles' crush, smiling at him. She looked really stunning in her crested vest, brown jeans and jungle boot. The ZI discused their accommodation with the CLO. Accommodation in the Yamaltu/Deba zone had always been a big issue. Due to its proximity to Gombe and cheap cost of living, most corpers begged to be posted there, creating more problem for the ZI and clo.

Tade quickly dropped his bat and walked up to Bola. All the guys admired her as she walked seductively towards him.

"Uite? I've seen you several times in the faculty of Arts" She said.

"Yes! That was my faculty." Tade held her hands. He almost mentioned Charles, but he decided to savor their private chat.

The other second tier corpers were shown round the lodge and allocated rooms by the clo. Tade used his influence with the clo to get her one of the best rooms in the lodge.

Within a week, Bola had become the most popular corper around. stories of her waywardness in camp started flying around. She was even rumored to have dated the camp commandant. Some even said the state director had shown interest in her during one of his visits to camp.

One thing led to the other, Tade and Bola became close friends, then bed mates. They got serious when Tade's set were preparing for their POP. The two love birds quickly became the talk of the town.

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by jaymomma(f): 8:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Surprise update from candy. Great!!!!!!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by toykathy(f): 9:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
candy iyaf vex totally. Updates don full ground berekete. Thz alot sweetpie, me likey.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Aderichesse: 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Whao Candy wants 2 spell EAST.....ER waiting 4 d ER update Candy. thanks thanks 4 desssssss
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ADUKKY(f): 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Thanks for the update candy. More mb to your device.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
thanks sweet.. you released me a little
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
ADUKKY:
Thanks for the update candy. More mb to your device.

amen ooh
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
prettydiva89:
thanks sweet.. you released me a little
thank me also 4 pleading on ur behalf
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
sammyomotola:
thank me also 4 pleading on ur behalf
thanks so much love muah kisses
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
prettydiva89:

thanks so much love muah kisses
yheee, dive won kill me ooh with kiss, candy plx help with another update ooh
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
sammyomotola:
yheee, dive won kill me ooh with kiss, candy plx help with another update ooh
lol
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by seunviju(f): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
Thanks for all the update
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oh oh! I can now see d reason y Charles is lyk dat. na wa ooo. Tade pele ooo.

Candy, thanks 4 d update. expecting more frm u.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 6:26am On Apr 08, 2015
Charles' reason for hunting Tade does not justify. Bola was his crush not his babe, he should have worked well to get the babe not forcing himself on her.

Tade was so foolish to trust them both. Without a backup plan??

Too many suprises, i know candy will do more cheesy

Lovely updates ma'am
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lenmafon: 6:27am On Apr 08, 2015
thanks candy for the update. charles no try at all,so much revenge and hate for ur own friend for many years. tade pls dont die o!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kingphilip(m): 7:23am On Apr 08, 2015
candy:
Hameenat94, I sight you. Long time sis!

Queen Tolpatx, king Philip...where art thou?
I'm here nw

Lemme quickly complete read dear
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kingphilip(m): 7:46am On Apr 08, 2015
Mourin:
wow i finally break d chain of nt commenting... i must confess candy dis is a wonderful story, more ink 2 ur pen
where's d remaining ho in ur name
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kingphilip(m): 7:49am On Apr 08, 2015
crusaderii:
STORY ! STORY !! STORY !!!: I
won’t condone looting of public
treasury — Buhari
The President-elect, General
Muhammadu Buhari, has assured
Nigerians that he would not
condone looting of their common
patrimony. He also promised to
handle state resources with utmost
responsibility and honesty. Buhari
said this while receiving a
delegation of the people of his
home-state, Katsina,…
crusaderii..com
who's this

R u a yabaleft escapee
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kingphilip(m): 7:51am On Apr 08, 2015
candy:

Happy Easter to you too! I pray that the death and ressurection of Jesus Christ will not be in vain in our lives.

Charles doesn't have any idea he fathered Wande's children, and I don't think Wande or anybody is planning to tell him....

I've been getting PMs from people who will like to read from chapter 1, but I think the work will be safer if I don't upload the removed chapters again. I wish they can read from chapter 8 'cos they'll still understand.

Once again, thanks ma sister.
hw about putting it up in okadabooks at a price when u r done here
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Mourin(f): 8:13am On Apr 08, 2015
kingphilip:
where's d remaining ho in ur name
lol, am thinkin of addin it very soon
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lenmafon: 8:21am On Apr 08, 2015
Mourin:

@kingphilip u tell u say she be footballer? abegi free the babe

@candy, did u serve in gombe state? just curious u know. thanks for the mention & how are ur soldiers and hubby? hope they are doing great?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kingphilip(m): 10:22am On Apr 08, 2015
Mourin:
please do o

BTW r u a chelsea fan or u decided spelling Maureen that way
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kingphilip(m): 10:24am On Apr 08, 2015
lenmafon:

@kingphilip u tell u say she be footballer? abegi free the babe

@candy, did u serve in gombe state? just curious u know. thanks for the mention & how are ur soldiers and hubby? hope they are doing great?
len who told u she isn't

She's just preparing to get into d team

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (57) (Reply)

Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) / The Complete Assassin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.