Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,892 members, 7,810,426 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

unHOLY MATRIMONY - Literature (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / unHOLY MATRIMONY (170393 Views)

The Matrimony, The Blessing: A Mothers advice and prayers for the Daughter / Holy Matrimony, A Novel / Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 5:16am On Apr 03, 2015
Women could bail themselves out with excuses from any situation.
harjibolar10:

God bless you ma'am

@bolded: I'm very much relieved, that this is coming from a lady

Its so unfortunate that the story portray men [through Tade, as bigger cheats] and women [through Wande, as smaller cheats]- but in the end what did they all do?
We will condiser them all as sin, regardless of the situation thar warranted such. As a Christian or Muslim, all of them are not good. Even pegan's know it is bad. Giving excuses for one's sin is the worst part of foolishness, and to me, shows you are not sorry for them.
To all those supporters of Wande, i urge you all to keep on with blaming Tade to her unfaithfulness. [atleast, all of you are women, and when you finally get married, tell your husby he was the cause [ Am not sure if your parents would recognize you when they return you for burials].

Candy you are surely the best and deserve all the praises you are getting. More Mb to your phone and more grace to the brain for pulling up somethi g like this.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by zyzxx(m): 7:38am On Apr 03, 2015
It Toykathy's birthday

cheesy cheesy

Cc
Candy give her an update oo
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 03, 2015
Chapter 34

"We can sort this out, Tade." Wande pleaded. They've been at it since Mama Williams left the house earlier in the day. She sat on the polished floor and held his feet. Her eyes swollen with tears.

It was way past midnight. The crickets chirped, the AC hummed loudly, the TV volume muted. But she was determined to see the whole ish to its very end that night. She had threatened him with a divorce. She had cried, she had begged. He had remained unyielding.

"Why Charles?" Tade had asked her over and over again. "Charles is more of a brother than a friend." He sat on the straight backed chair in the sparsely furnished third room which also doubled as the guest room since Ngozi moved to the guest room downstairs. He looked at her on the floor. She looked sober, but he felt wounded.

Apart from the 5 ft bed, a dressing table, bedside drawer, the straight backed chair that doubled as a reading chair and a small stool were the only items of furniture. Like the other rooms upstairs, the room had a wide screen door that lead to a small porch adorned with flower vases. The room had no decorations, no painting hanging on the wall, the TV was screwed in the wall but no surround systems or any other fancy gadgets. This room had been Tade's personal space for over two weeks now.

"I didn't choose Charles, Tade. It wasn't a planned thing and I'm deeply sorry."
She cried.

"And Segun...?"

She wiped her face. Again and sniffed. "Segun has always been just a friend. Nothing more!" She said in her defense.

The thought of Charles clouded his mind.
For over four hours, he had killed him over and over in his mind. He had considered gun, poison, hitting him with a damn car, setting up hit men. Too bad Nigeria jails are an eyesore, he would have preferred to kill him or maim him and spend time in jail for man slaughter.

Charles had housed him when he was a publishing sales rep, but since he got married to Wande, he had been there for Charles. He had supported his business plans, got him clients, told him every single detail of his life.

Finally, he shook his feet free. He stood up and walked to the closet. He flung his clothes in an open suitcase lying on the bed. he picked a few pairs of shoes from his rack and squeezed them in a small shopping bag lying at wande's feet.

"What are you doing, Tade?"

"What does it look like? I'm moving out so Charles can move in and be the man I wasn't."

Wande flared up in anger. "Do your worst, ok? Charles doesn't even know he fathered my kids! Besides, you cheated on me on purpose, mine was circumstantial!" She stood up from the bed and walked towards the door. Tade hesitated as he watched her leave.

"Why are women like this?" He asked no one in particular. It was a lost battle. His father's words rang clearly in his head. Yes, Bola was a bait he swallowed hook and sinker. She had offered him her irresistible body just one month after he married Wande and he had fallen for her. Wande on the other hand had fallen for his best friend, in her moment of weakness. He sighed heavily.

He continued his packing and when done, he flipped off the Tv and relaxed on the bed. Within minutes, exhaustion set in and he snored away.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 03, 2015
zyzxx:
It Toykathy's birthday

cheesy cheesy

Cc
Candy give her and update oo
Really? Toykathy, is today your Bd for real?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2015

Chapter 35

"Where are you?" Tade asked from the other side of the line

"On my way to Ilobu to see my parents."

"Really? And the kids?"

"At home with Hope."

"On a saturday?"

"Yea. I'll be back soon."

Tade rummaged over what she said. Going to ilobu wasn't unusual, leaving Dele and Mary with Hope on saturday is. He smelled a rat, but he shrugged the feeling off. He had more things to deal with. One of them is Charles. He had moved out of the house to a guest house at a secluded location that morning, from where he planned to sort things out.

Maneuvering through the heavy Iwo road traffic, bola held her phone to her ear and she didn't like it one bit. She was just not good with multitasking, especially when it involves driving on a busy road. She never stopped wondering how the younger folks juggled driving and pinging!

She cut the line and dropped the phone in her purse, on the passenger seat.

It was a few minutes after 12noon, but the sky was dark, it had just stopped raining. At 60 miles an hour and not too familiar with the road as a driver, her EOD fell in and out of potholes. Very bad for her car, but she was past caring. Heavy trucks that plied the express road en route Lagos splashed water on her as they passed her on the road. She didn't care, she was on a mission.

She finally located his house from the address she culled from his phone the day he left it behind. She slid her car into a small clearing in front of the gate, stepped on the brakes and switched off the ignition in one swift movement. Blood pounding, chest constricted, she stormed inside the compound.

The building, a storey building, housed four flats, two upstairs and two downstairs, each with its porch facing the street. Ignoring the guys arguing over football under the mango tree near what looked like the designated car park for the compound, she climbed the side stair and knocked on the door in one of the flats upstairs.

"Knock, knock"

Silence.

"Knock, knock"

Silence.

She peered through the window, but the drapes were drawn tight. "I got the wrong flat" she said to herself. She descended the steps and went round, using the other stairway to reach the other flat upstairs. One thing was certain, he lived upstairs.

"Knock, knock"

"Who is there?"

Whew! At last! "It's me, Bola"

A young boy of about 14 opened the door slightly. "Whom are you looking for, ma?"

She smiled charmingly, "I'm looking for Charles."

"Who is that, kolade?" His mum peeped from behind him.

"Em, I'm actually looking for Mr Charles Adesuwa." She retained the charming smile.

The elderly woman appraised her. She had on a pair of blue leggings and a cream top that barely covered her curvy hips. Her light blue doll shoe had mud all over it as a result of the rain. Despite that, she looked exquisite, enough to get the older woman envious.

"He doesn't live in this apartment!" She snapped.

"Uncle Charles lives in the next----"

She gave her son a stern look that shut him up. "Kolade, get inside! What did I tell you about talking to strangers?" She shoved him inside.
"Madam, mr Adesuwa doesn't live here."

"Where-----"

She shut the door, cutting her short. Bola sighed. Was the boy trying to say he doesn't live in this flat or in the compound? Obviously, they knew him.

She stood rooted to the spot for sometime. She looked downstairs, the soccer guys were starring at her. "I shouldn't have ignored them on my way up!" She muttered. Putting on her best charm and swallowing her pride, she cat walked downstairs, under the mango tree.

"Good afternoon" she greeted

"Hello," a couple of them answered, the rest just admired her

"Please, I'm asking of mr Charles Adesuwa"

"Ha, that Edo guy?" The most vocal of the group asked

"Yes, yes!" She replied him

"E don move o! Na yesterday sef. He moved with his wife and son." One of them said

Not believing it was her own charles, she started to describe him, "He's fair in complex-----"

"We know charles na!" The vocal one cut her short. "That's his flat" he pointed at the flat upstairs, the first one she went to. "The one above ours. E get office for iwo road, e dey drive one Toyota Camry, drop light..."

Her tongue stuck to the roof of her mouth, the mouth hung open. Her hand flew to her mouth. A small scream escaped her lips.

"You wan relax on the chair?" One of the guys asked her.

Without answering, her legs wobbled and she sat down on the rickety students' chair. "We are students of Halls Private University. Mr charles is our person. Nice guy."

"Tsk...tsk...tsk..." She put her index finger in her mouth and almost bit it off. She shook her feet and cursed her luck. She had tried his number several times but it's been unavailable. Now she knows why.

She heard a car pull up next to hers outside the gate. She raised her head and saw the roof of Tade's Range rover. Hiding was not an option, it was too late for that. She stood up, wiped her tears and watched him approach, boiling with anger. Three mean looking goons in t-shirt and jeans at his heels.

A thousand plus one explanations to explain her presence in Charles' house ran through her mind. None seemed logical. Lies came to her naturally, but not when she needed it most!

She saw shock in Tade's eyes as he recognized her.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 03, 2015
stuff46:

Candy you are surely the best and deserve all the praises you are getting. More Mb to your phone and more grace to the brain for pulling up somethi g like this.
Thanks, stuff.

Let me just say; I don't think the women are supporting Wande really, cheating is cheating and as a married woman, I think our Wande shouldn't have allowed her emotions to override her sense of reasoning.

But the point is; Tade cheated with his eyes open. He was never there for her emotionally and physically. I can't even imagine how miserable a "waiting" woman will feel if her husband is not always around, especially when she knows she has a very slim chance at natural conception.

Somehow, they have both abused the institution of marriage, making it an unholy one. Every unrigheousness is a sin.

Let's see what happens...

@ All, thanks for following! More to come.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ayoi: 8:23am On Apr 03, 2015
Thanks for d update Candy. smiley I so knew Charles was d1 with Bola. He seemed envious to me all along.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by folake25(f): 9:25am On Apr 03, 2015
Aunty candy hope its not what am thinking o. Charles haba why now. Charles charles the same charles hmmm life....
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 03, 2015
Charles,same Charles

This life sha
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Fareedha: 10:42am On Apr 03, 2015
pls let d secret come out. tade should know how well to kill charles. he should
slice his skin bit by bit
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 03, 2015
It seems part of d story has been removed,candy hw cn i get to read pls........... I just saw ur name as d best writer of d mnth hence i tried checking ur work out just to realized it has been remv, pls u cn direct me to wer it can be read.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by toykathy(f): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2015
candy:

Really? Toykathy, is today your Bd for real?

candy ma'am, yes! Today is my bornday.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lenmafon: 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
thank u candy for the update. charles of all people! i guess he had his reason for doing that and i want to believe he planned this out with joe. sleeping with his close friend ex and helping the williams to recover all their money. let the cats keep coming out from the bag. tade sorri o ur father warned you earlier.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lenmafon: 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
toykathy:

candy ma'am, yes! Today is my bornday.
. . . . .

sis ur 'bornday'? ok o, happy 'bornday' 2 u.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by jaymomma(f): 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ds Charles is something else. So he screwed Wande and befriended Bola while living with his wife and kid. To think Tade thought he was the player.
Wande is the only one I pity here. Tade and Bola deserves all that's coming to them.

More candy
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
@ Candy, nice twist.

Lol @
"Tsk...tsk...tsk..."
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
Charles. naa only u waka come ooh
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by majoie: 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
while wande thinks that what happened between her and Charles was a mistake. .Charles on d other hand had it all planned out. .serves tade nd bola right sha
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Jollyjoy:
It seems part of d story has been removed,candy hw cn i get to read pls........... I just saw ur name as d best writer of d mnth hence i tried checking ur work out just to realized it has been remv, pls u cn direct me to wer it can be read.
Nice of you to check out ma work, sis. The first 7 chapters were removed on purpose because my other story was stolen. I had to protect this. If you can, read from chapter 8, you will still get it. I'm sure myself or any other reader here will help you out with summary.

@toykathy, I will make out time to give you a special birthday update later today, if God and time permits. Happy BD to you all the same. Wishing you many more prosperous years ahead.

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by toykathy(f): 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
lenmafon:
. . . . .

sis ur 'bornday'? ok o, happy 'bornday' 2 u.

lolz, yea! Its my bornday grin
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 8:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
toykathy:

lol, what do u expect nah? Proudly jolly good fellow
Abi now

JGF Indeed

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
stuff46:

Its so unfortunate that the story portray men [through Tade, as bigger cheats] and women [through Wande, as smaller cheats]- but in the end what did they all do?
We will condiser them all as sin, regardless of the situation thar warranted such. As a Christian or Muslim, all of them are not good. Even pegan's know it is bad. Giving excuses for one's sin is the worst part of foolishness, and to me, shows you are not sorry for them.
To all those supporters of Wande, i urge you all to keep on with blaming Tade to her unfaithfulness. [atleast, all of you are women, and when you finally get married, tell your husby he was the cause [ Am not sure if your parents would recognize you when they return you for burials].
Big Bross, walai I'm shut of word, cos you surely and vividly explain what I've trying to explain since all this while

And I hope them understand ooo
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
This update is dedicated to toykath. I know your birthday was yesterday, but I promised you an update...

Tade suddenly stopped in his stride. He stared at her in disbelieve. "What's going on here?" He wiped his eyes to be sure he wasn't imagining things. His anger at charles disappeared fast and was replaced by questions for Bola. Yes, Bola stood before him!

She stood rooted to the spot, like a statue on display. Words failed her.

"Mr T, welcome sir!" The guys discussing football hailed Tade. Apparently they were familiar with him.

"Guys, how far?" He managed a smile

"Charles no dey sha. He traveled yesterday." Wale, the vocal guy answered, fixing his gaze on the three mean looking guys that flanked Tade on both sides. They looked scary, even to hard university guys.

Tade scratched his head. He had come prepared to inflict some pain on Charles. "So, did he pack like for a long trip or what?"

"I wasn't around sha, but Chuks," he looked back and pointed at one of his guys, "chuks saw him-----"

"Yes, but I think he moved o. He even carried his electronics." Chuks explained.

"Moved? He didn't take furniture na!" Another guy from the group chipped in. "I was with Chuks when he left."

"But he carried two big boxes and electronics," Chuks said

That said it all. Tade turned to face Bola. "Bolatito, what are you doing here?"

Her heart jumped in her mouth. Bola shook visibly. She opened her mouth to speak but no word came out. She just moped. Tears streamed down her face again. Tade took a step closer to her, held her shoulders and shook life back into her.

"Bola, what's going on here?"

"I...em...I...Charles...I..." She stuttered, making futile effort at being coherent.

Wale, Chuks and the other guys quickly disappeared into their apartment. The goons took their space on the dwarf fence under the mango tree.

"Bola, you told me you were on your way to ilobu. Now, we meet in Ibadan, in my friend...I mean Charles house!"

"Em, em...I actually...em...I changed my mind...that your money...em...the...N12----"

"Yes, the one you fixed." He said, cutting her short. "What happened to it?" He asked

"I actually loaned it to Charle-----" without thinking, Tade gave her a very hot slap. She fell butts down on the wooden bench. The mean guys under the tree quickly rushed to her aid.

"Chairman, obinrin ma ni" (chairman, she's a woman o) they cautioned him.

Tade dragged her by both of her wrists. "Give me the key to that car, first." She quickly freed one hand, dug it into her handbag and handed him the key to her EOD. Tade tossed the key to one of the guys, "shadow, drive that EOD to my office, lock it and bring the key to the guest house later."

"Tade, please." She pleaded, "uncle, please help me beg him" she faced the guys.

"Chairman----" one of the guys wanted to plead on her behalf, but he was cut short by Tade.

"Let's go." He dragged her by her hand and forced her to walk, sometimes stumbling beside him. He dragged her to the range rover, opened the passenger door and shoved her inside. Shadow got behind the wheels of the EOD and Bola watched him disappear with her car. The other two guys got inside the Range rover as Tade started the ignition.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2015

Still shivering like a chicken caught in the rain, with its wings fettered, Tade shoved her inside his room at the guest house. She fell on the small single bed with a loud thud. He didn't care.

"Tade, please!" She pleaded. He had not said a word to her on their way to the guest house. He had made several calls to supposed clients of his construction company, made one to Hope to check on the kids, without mentioning the fact that Bola was with him.

Tade bolted the door behind him. He removed his belt and stood over Bola on the bed. She cringed at the sight of the leather belt and moved farther on the bed, almost entering the brick wall. She had never been on the receiving end of his anger. She had always been in control when it came to Tade. Not today. His eyes were bloodshot, his fist clenched tight round the belt. She could smell raw anger.

"What were you doing in Charles' house?" He asked, his voice boomed, above the sound of the loud TV speakers.

Letting down all her emotions, Bola broke down in a well of uncontrollable tears. She had never been caught in a corner like this before. "Charles and I...me and Charles...Tade, please!" She saw him move closer to her on the bed.
"I'm listening, Bola." To her relief, he only sat down and reduced the volume of the tv set.

"Charles and I...you know...we were friends when you and I were dating..."

"I know all that, Bola. I'll like to know why you were in his house today, instead of Ilobu." He said impatiently.

"I loaned him money for his business and he had been avoiding me since I told him you needed the money." She felt more relaxed, the lies came easily as usual.

"All my money?" Tade was propelled to his feet with shock. "You and Charles?" His hatred for Charles suddenly escalated. He could strangle him if he were anywhere near him.

"Em...yes."

"You loaned Charles my money?"

"I...I...just wanted to help."

He slapped her across the face, twice, leaving both cheeks red. She held on to her cheeks with both hands, hot tears cascaded down her smarting cheeks. She used her tongue to feel her teeth. A particular tooth on the left jaw seemed loose.

"Who owned the phone I saw in your house the other time?"

He had noticed something familiar with the phone when he saw it on the side stool, near the unfinished drink, even though she claimed it belonged to her carpenter. Yes, there was a funny sticker of a palm wine jar dispensing palm wine in a calabash on it. Charles had such picture on his phone too. He was an active kegite as an undergraduate.

"Who owned that phone?" He asked again. "For every lie you tell, you lose a tooth and I mean it." He stood over her.

"It...was...Charles..."

"Who is/was Charles to you?"

"Your frien-----" he landed her an upper cut. Her jaw shifted. This time, she was sure she had lost a tooth for real. She jumped off the bed and ran towards the door. Locked. He pulled her back with one hand and faced her.

"Now I want the truth."

Without thinking, she started confessing like a thief caught in broad day light. Tade listened with his head bowed. He sank down on the bed. Pain shot through him as he listened to her sob story.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hameenat94, I sight you. Long time sis!

QueenTolpatx, kingphilip...where art thou?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
I'm just here enjoying moiself.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Mourin(f): 7:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
wow i finally break d chain of nt commenting... i must confess candy dis is a wonderful story, more ink 2 ur pen
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
I really don't have anything tangible to say about, how this story is going ooo, may be when all of them must have receieve their own share of everything. .. May be I may gain it back

But ma'am, thanks so much for the update
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Missmossy(f): 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Chai! Its getting serious oo. Tade a fool, Bola a bigger fool grin hahahaha Tade should take it easy sha, Bola shouldn't be toothless oo

Not sure if I pity her, so many losers. Welldone Candy.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Mario1983(m): 10:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
If you wish to influence an individual or a group to embrace a particular value in their daily lives, tell them a
compelling story, Aunty candy can't stop refreshing
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by zyzxx(m): 10:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Missmossy the beating as not yet begin

Candy am loving dis
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 10:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
Oboy Charlse pass devil o. I pity am when Tade finally catches him. He too bad goon

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (57) (Reply)

Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) / The Complete Assassin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.