Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers (60240 Views)

Munich Shooting: Buhari Offers To Help Germany Fight Terrorism / Diezani Begs Buhari, Offers To Refund $2bn / No Plan To Go Back On N5,000 Allowance To Jobless Youths – APC Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by natureblack(m): 7:11am On Jan 06, 2015
lilmaxfidel:
ALL does promises will be forgotten once the dark side of power enters his mind.
but all the same i prefer him to an itueke outcast.
GMB FOR PRESIDENT COME FEBUARY

even the February in your post couldn't be spelt correctly ..........typical of your illiterate crying-General
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Burger01(m): 7:11am On Jan 06, 2015
EasternLeopard:

Now I understand why poverty is high in some part of Nigeria

After free food you will ask for free house car and wife

Laziness at its peak
I don't blame you. You've never heard of welfare packages. Travel to UK and ask what welfare packages are.

Ignorance at its peakundecided
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Speedy33(m): 7:12am On Jan 06, 2015
beopened:
Some Nigerians obviously have become so used to suffering and deprivation of PDP such that Buhari's lofty ideas sounds unattainable to them

I hope the words of 2 kings 7 v 1-2 dont come to pass in the lives of the doubters.....

2 Kings 7:1-2 King James Version (KJV)

1 Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the Lord; Thus saith theLord, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.

2 Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.

Those who doubt Nigeria's capacity to return to the path of greatness and integrity should pray to be part of it,lest the testimony be told behind them in Hades

oh! I love this your post just what am thinking thanks friend
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by gozzy007(m): 7:17am On Jan 06, 2015
lekkie073:

He promised to stabilise global crude oil price..... grin grin
and how can u explain dis to a primary six dropout?! undecided

1 Like

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Genesco: 7:17am On Jan 06, 2015
How can a man of 72years old be desperate about being a president, Nigerians wise up, dere is smtin behind all dis fake promises.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by 4stylz: 7:19am On Jan 06, 2015
Buhari should take that agenda to the north, he can achieve that with his left over cows..We don't need free meals over here, all we want is a working system..Food nor be problem..GEJ till we find someone better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by signz: 7:19am On Jan 06, 2015
Doyin2:
$20billion =N3.4trillion

N5000 x 25000000=N1.5trillion

#Where is our $20billion? grin grin grin grin grin grin

What about $2.8billion
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:27am On Jan 06, 2015
anonimi:

Who was the consensus Northern candidate in 2011 for whom Shekarau [ANPP] and Ribadu [ACN] stepped down for?

Who is the only candidate for the North in next month's election?

Why are northerners being threatened about Jonathan's campaign now?

Why do many Southerners continue to bury their heads in the sand pretending all is well when Buhari is preaching ethno-religious hatred in his speeches to his fellow northerners
You think you are smart? You are not.
The north never had a consensus candidate in 2011. The names you mentioned, Shekau and Ribadu never stepped down for Buhari. The only push the north attempted for a consensus candidate was in Atiku Abubakar whom it was thought would fly the flag of PDP, but was defeated by Jonathan at the primary election. You keep spreading lies by always using the share botton each time you lie. All these lies you are sharing will answer.
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by YSA06(m): 7:27am On Jan 06, 2015
...And these are what a country of Nigerian nature deserves for a very long time. We know GMB as a principled man, God will help u, and help nigeria so that we don't witness a mouth wattering words like a man without shoe
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:30am On Jan 06, 2015
The contemporary scenario has beclouded us of the reality about life. We are deep and adapted to suffering that we almost believe that any soft landing promises can not materialize. This promise can be achieve through prudent management of our resources. Wealth should be evenly distributed unlike a situation where just a person donate a some 5billion for campaign at the expense of the poor masses...Buhari till 2050
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Chigold101(m): 7:33am On Jan 06, 2015
Free meals for pupils... That means free meals for primary school children... Humn... Please is primary school under federal government or local government? Just asking...

Or is GMB going to scrape off local government areas?
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by gurunlocker: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2015
thank God he is speaking his mind gradually..... so I will know who to vote, definitely not grand pa
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by hazyfm: 7:38am On Jan 06, 2015
lekkie073:
Joker.....
The moment he said he would stabilise the price of crude oil, I knew this man is nothing but a nonentity cool

He never said so, Get your facts right
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Raypawer(m): 7:39am On Jan 06, 2015
aljharem:
SMH

Gullible Nigerians will believe this

GEJ till Buhari stabilizing world oil prices

to be very sincere buhari is not literate for him to make such utterance! Nd he really thinks Nigerians are so foolish Nd blind to follow him
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 06, 2015
All dis anti progress individuals in nairaland, buhari is one man dat can make naija a beta place, stop criticising him and pray dat he accomplishes all his promises cos he can, BUHARI 2015
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by cluksy(m): 7:45am On Jan 06, 2015
jeflexy:
how long will you continue giving them free meals

Hope that man is not planning to almagirialise Nigerians?
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by loswhite(m): 7:50am On Jan 06, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Tell Buhari to first certify INEC requirements no matter how flimsy they may look before making frivolous campaign promises.

I don't know what indiscipline means by Buhari's definition.
He should have it in mind that we all are equal in Nigeria and everyone is expected to satisfy certain conditions prescribed by law for an office than shifting responsibilities.
did he not contest the last election ? What certificate did INEC use then? Or are they just introducing certificate requirement ?
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by eluquenson(m): 7:50am On Jan 06, 2015
Politicians can LIE shocked
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by rhymz(m): 7:51am On Jan 06, 2015
If I were the PDP I will just rubbish him on this particular nonsensical economic policy that will only bloat government cost and put Nigeria in a serious debt in a space of two years.
APC is one very brainless manipulative party that just like to play to the gallery and win sentiments. This has got to be the most stvpid economic policy any candidate will tout as a plan in a 21st century economy and in 2015. Does this man realize that oil prices have gone down drastically and that means a heavy cut in national revenue?

How does he hope to sustain such utopian nonsensical economic policy. This guy's have got no plan and are not serious at all. It is like all they have got to talk about is corruption and utopian ideas that will only remain in the figment of their imaginations. I have said it before, if the likes of Buhari dare become the President of this country, Nigeria will be worse off because this guy are trying to experiment ideas that can't work, almajiri economic policies in a capitalist economy and government. God Forbid these jokers come any where close to anywhere close to Aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by BraniacX(m): 7:53am On Jan 06, 2015
sukkot:
whats grandiose about it ? if he gives 100 million poor nigerians 5000 per month, thats only 50 billion naira per month. gej and frog eyes diezani and iweala steal more than that in a day

The stupIdity of you welfarists is quite tasking you Know, where will he generate this N500billioN (not N50billioN) per mOnth from? Or do you think money exists in a vacum? Do you think paper money without any Sureties to back its value up like gold reserve e.t.c has any value? Do you think money can be plucked or created out of thin air simply by willing it to exist? Do you think that the Nigerian economy exists in a Vaccum? Did you even study basic economIcs at school? Because your mathstradamus and ecomastradamus smirks of daftness, crassness and illiteracy or should I say ignorance but don't listen to me, keep it up and you might actually make it into the guinness book of records ignoramus's section........................imagine the clueless calling others clueless? Gosh!

1 Like

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by sammhi(m): 7:53am On Jan 06, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=29521259][/quote]
breeding another source of corruption. Tinubu gave free meals to pupils in lagos schools in his first term, where is is now?
please these are dumb ideas...
how do you know poor families when you don't have a database?
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by AdebowaleSK: 7:54am On Jan 06, 2015
lekkie073:
every politician makes promises....
In the case of Nigeria, such promises are termed 'EMPTY' cool

It is well, I'm not a plolitician, but I know once politician win for second tenure, its always worst than their first tenure, experience.
Let think right,this people are d same but let think positive.
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Doyin2(m): 7:55am On Jan 06, 2015
Doyin2:
$20billion =N3.4trillion

N5000 x 25000000x12=N1.5trillion

#Where is our $20billion? grin grin grin grin grin grin

The figure of 25million could be mere figurative or exaggeration .And I think the main intention is to encourage children immunisation.

However welfare programs like this are sustainable via:

1.International grants
2.Blocking of all sources of revenue leakages e.g #whereisour$20b
3.Proper revenue management
4.Special taxes like education tax.There could also be something like welfare tax etc
5.Special trust fund
ETc,ETc

Every program is fundable.Where there is a will,there is a way!
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by gp6liveth(m): 7:59am On Jan 06, 2015
jeflexy:
how long will you continue giving them free meals

And how long will he continue to pay allowances to the unemployed? They will continue to receive allowance until his aspired tenure expires. GEJ established new universities and created more jobs. NIMC recruited many graduates. Gej attracts more FDI to provide jobs for the unemployed. Buhari is like an ashawo seducing the masses with what he can't sustain. Wolf in sheep clothing.

If I will vote for change, buhari is not the change element we crave for so I better stick to GEJ.
The bad angel u know is better than the best devil.
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by dozzy001(m): 7:59am On Jan 06, 2015
santori:

do you know that nigeria loses about 700,000 barrels of crude oil daily to oil theft according to the finance minister
now multiply 700,000 by the current price of crude and then convert it to naira
only if you guys understand the humongous amount of money being frittered away in this country daily, then you will know it is possible and sustainable
mind you, social welfare is necessary for you to have a secured society. cos not every body will get employed,not even in the US or other advanced countries

So, what you are now saying is that 5k is what we deserve as social security in this country? Based on what you gave as statistics now, don't you think we deserve more?
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by VivaLaFrans: 8:00am On Jan 06, 2015
Even If the price of garri goes up, the so-called christians will pray for God to provide money to buy it so let others perish... Lol... Then what kind of a citizen are you? Some will even rush to buy generators to disturb the neighborhood... Do you care about the future of this country? Everyone is silent and denied of their rights. Some will say ''this guy broke''... Even when Iam rich, I will still say what I've said about this country...
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by MRLANNISTER(m): 8:10am On Jan 06, 2015
lilmaxfidel:
ALL does promises will be forgotten once the dark side of power enters his mind.
but all the same i prefer him to an itueke outcast.
GMB FOR PRESIDENT COME FEBUARY

GMB is not a saint, far from it. He may not even be as clean as i think he is. But i am so convinced that he cant be near as poor/woeful/corrupt/clueless as GEJ

GMB till Otuoke becomes capital of Niger Delta grin
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by rhymz(m): 8:12am On Jan 06, 2015
Burger01:

I don't blame you. You've never heard of welfare packages. Travel to UK and ask what welfare packages are.

Ignorance at its peakundecided
abeg mention one European country that has a social welfare budget plan for 25 million people..... Some of you are annoyingly daft.

1 Like

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by MRLANNISTER(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2015
gokuu:
Who is going to administer such a massive program?
Where will the budget for it come from? The national debt is still growing at high rate.
How will the income eligibility be determined?
How will an applicant's income level be verified?
What is to say that 100 million people will not apply and qualify?
Is there going to be an age restriction?
Will there be work/national service requirement?
What will be the effect on inflation?
Where is the infrastructure to handle it?

A program like will take inflation to historic levels and trash the already weak currency we are managing. Those who have worked and saved up will lose. It's going to be a huge and unfair redistribution of wealth. I do not support tacitly robbing Peter to pay Paul. This is all aside the brand new corruption milky way it will create for talented fraudsters and corrupt officials. Any sound economist should be disappointed by this idea, it does not solve any real problem and is fundamentally flawed.

Without doubt Nigeria has the money. If we remove wasted 100B from where it is being filtered to, there will be more money going into welfare. Dont forget that the service providers will not be Koreans and Britons. They will be Nigerian firms who will make profit and in turn pay taxes, employ staff who will in turn also pay taxes. So its a win win situation for government, the masses, the economy and the people who blindly follow GEJ.
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by amenna(f): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2015
for how long his he going to feed d primary Skul children. is DAT wat u want
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Ngwakwe: 8:23am On Jan 06, 2015
loswhite:
did he not contest the last election ? What certificate did INEC use then? Or are they just introducing certificate requirement ?

Have you ever heard of certificate verification in schools, civil/public services etc?

Your question should be: Are we all equal before the law?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Rashida Bello Wanted By EFCC, Spotted In Aso Rock With Aisha Buhari, Remi Tinubu / Late Yar'adua Spent His Presidential Leave At Obudu Cattle Ranch In 2009 / Nnamdi Kanu: "Buhari Is Not In Nigeria, Man From Sudan Impersonating Him"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.