Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (41542 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by xheggs(m): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2008
[size=14pt]

The French mathematician Blaise Pascal (1623-62) put forward an argument that would appeal to agnostics. (An agnostic is someone who believes that it is impossible to prove God's existence.)

His argument goes something like this: God either exists or he does not. If we believe in God and he exists, we will be rewarded with eternal bliss in heaven. If we believe in God and he does not exist then at worst all we have forgone is a few sinful pleasures.

If we do not believe in God and he does exist we may enjoy a few sinful pleasures, but we may face eternal damnation. If we do not believe in God and he does not exist then our sins will not be punished.

Would any rational gambler think that the experience of a few sinful pleasures is worth the risk of eternal damnation?
[/size]
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 11:23am On Dec 20, 2008
iceland:

Well,God is different from god.You've got a problem and i don't think there a solution to your problem under heaven even in heaven there's none.Unless you change.As for seun the popularity and vastness of nairaland is getting into his head.What he does not know is that it's the lord's doing.Just don't follow the likes of you as in the titanic.

I got a problem? What's my problem?
Seun succeded with this website because he WORKED FOR IT. How is it your lord's doing when Seun doesn't believe in him?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 11:48am On Dec 20, 2008
WOW I wish I stayed up.

I still want to know what is so wrong with a religion that teaches peace. I guess the truth hurts thats why people are getting confused and upset that theres a rebuttal for all their questions.

God is not evil why would he do evil to Seun because Seun does not believe?
Will punishing him make him see God as JUST AND RIGHTEOUS being?

Abeg make we hear word
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 11:55am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

WOW I wish I stayed up.

I still want to know what is so wrong with a religion that teaches peace. I guess the truth hurts thats why people are getting confused and upset that theres a rebuttal for all their questions.

God is not evil why would he do evil to Seun because Seun does not believe?
Will punishing him make him see God as JUST AND RIGHTEOUS being?

Abeg make we hear word
Lady,its your fellow christian that said his website might end up like the titanic.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2008
We all know the drama that surrounds Seun and the number of people who call him arrogant, dogmatic and a control freak. Everyday someone opens a Seun is mad topic

Dios:

Lady,its your fellow christian that said his website might end up like the titanic.

That is the operative word!!!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 12:07pm On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

We all know the drama that surrounds Seun and the number of people who call him arrogant, dogmatic and a control freak. Everyday someone opens a Seun is mad topic

That is the operative word!!!

Operative or not, you don't say that just because the guy doesn't have the same beliefs as you. If Seun is arrogant, so what, some people think I'm crazy cause they label me arrogant and I say things they won't say, I just call it confidence.lol
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by coolejjy: 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2008
people are very good at talking,so wateva they say dont freak or move me , cos since wen they've been talking bout mountains it doesn't move it, whether seun is arrogant or not, thas dem probes,,,let dem talk to get busy, nkan to ba wun anybody lole spit outta his mouth man ;d ;d ;d
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2008
Dios:

Operative or not, you don't say that just because the guy doesn't have the same beliefs as you. If Seun is arrogant, so what, some people think I'm crazy cause they label me arrogant and I say things they won't say, I just call it confidence.lol

yeah yet you can sit there and tell me my beliefs are rubbish because you dont agree.

Cant you see that you're just going round in circles?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

yeah yet you can sit there and tell me my beliefs are rubbish because you don't agree.

can't you see that you're just going round in circles?

No, I can always call your beliefs bullsh*t cuz they are, BUT I never wish ill on you just because of what you believe, which iswhat your brethren did. grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2008
1. scientific formula are consistent - i am a scientist, that is why i am puzzled by this blanket fraud. If scientific formular where consistent most scientists would be out of jobs today. For instance, laws of gravity do not hold in space . . . therefore acceleration would not be the same on earth as it is in space.
- Partial oxygen pressure is not the same in Lagos as it is in the appalachian mountains . . .

- this are simple things i thought you people knew. Where are your vaunted "brains"?

2. So because global warming has divided people we shld ignore it totally?
- so because the bible has "divided" people through the ages we shld kick it to the curb? Has the bible divided you or you DELIBERATELY chose to be divided even though you know the truth?

What a shame! Gravity most certainly acts in space. It that were not so, it would be impossible to place satellite in space.

You might have meant to say that the earth's gravitational field in space is weaker compared to the field around the earth. Mind you that is the result of the distortion in space-time. Thus there is hardly a region in the space-time that does not have some measure of gravity.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Tonyet1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2008
@ my dearest brother DIOS and BINDEX,

you guys are taking this things too far, and i must confess because of fear and reverence for my GOD and my faith with all humility i promise to rest my case and let you ride on the coast of self boast and foolishness

an adage says it this way "that when the Sun shines its peak then a rain is just around the corner"

BE CAREFUL! I WILL NOT SAY ANY THING HEAR AGAIN ON THIS TOPIC
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 1:26pm On Dec 20, 2008
tonye-t:

you guys are taking this things too far, and i must confess because of fear and reverence for my GOD and my faith[b] with all humility i promise to rest my case and let you ride on the coast of self boast and foolishness[/b]
an adage says it this way "that when the Sun shines its peak then a rain is just around the corner"

I can't think of a good adage to part ways with you but since you insulted me, I'll just quote Samuel L. Jackson ina any of his movies smiley

F*CK YOU MUTHAF*CKA, @#$@# @#$%!@# @#$ YOU @##%@@ LOL. I kid, I Kid!!!!!!!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by iceland(m): 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2008
Dios:

May be Seun should start a topic that says "Even God can not crash Nairaland "[/b]and see what happens next
If he is bold enough let him dare God!
@Dios I know deep inside, you want to know [b]Jesus
But you  are just confused!God is going to touch you real soon!Although In very hard way sad sad
Mark my Word!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Cory(f): 2:43pm On Dec 20, 2008
Sorry to say this,

DIOS is a fool, angry
Only a fool says in his heart there is no God, Dios has clearly defined himself as one.
And he has his own personal holiday - April 1 grin grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Obalende: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2008
If you don't believe the Bible, please ignore.

"Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God"

"It stood still but I could not discern its form thereof, a form stood before mine eyes, there was silence and then I heard a voice" Job 4:16 - this is Job describing when he SAW God.

"Who do men say I the Son of Man am----- Blessed art thou Simon Barjonas, flesh and blood hath not revealed this to you but my Father in heaven"
This shows knowing God is not by doctrine, eloquence, argument, theories, evolution etc.

God indeed can show Himself; and you need no big preacher - the key word is purity of heart in asking - what are your real motives? - do you really want to know Him for who He is? Are you hungry to see Him?

God can indeed come down and show Himself but only to the spirit of man and not to the physical senses. JUST ASK!

Hope this helps the atheists.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by AdamBrody1(m): 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2008
All these hallucinating christians are still discussing about a non existent creature or gaseous matter that you call god. While your at it, maybe we should start a thread asking the abdominable snow man or the tooth fairy to come down so that all these christians would stop doubting that the Easter bunny is Easter Bunny is real and if they dont believe it exists, tey will all burn in eternal damnation in hell!

You christians are nothing more than retarded and deluded shmucks!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by gentlegg(m): 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2008
@ Dios and other atheists

You don't believe there is God? No qualms.

I know if you see that God, you will choicelessly believe on him. Just wait till the day you will close your eyes in death, you will stare in the eyes of that God in the next couple of minutes.

So is either you believe in God now or later. One thing is sure, you will still beleieve.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2008
Wow i really missed a good debate yesternight any way.
@ davidylan
Most people question christainity because that is the only religion they know. The koran is in arabic and most people can not get to lay their hands on it besides the fact that moslems don't engage in religious arguments when their prophet or Allah is rediculed the easily signoff. How many hindus, buddhist etc do you know? why were you and dudu arguing about an ark of covenant? The question should be why is God inside a box or an ark? why would an almighty God be living inside an ark? I see no reason why a merciful God will want to kill anybody because they disobeyed him. Anyway this is the same God that is on record for wanting to kill his best friend moses, what have you got to say about that? Why does the biblical God love kıllıng people?

@lady
grin grin grin you tried

Cory:

Sorry to say this,

DIOS is a fool, angry
Only a fool says in his heart there is no God, Dios has clearly defined himself as one.

Why are you calling him a fool because he disagrees with you? by the way which of the Gods?

iceland:

May be Seun should start a topic that says "Even God can not crash Nairaland "[/b]and see what happens next
But you  are just confused!God is going to touch you real soon!Although In very hard way sad sad
Mark my Word!

And i say that Even God can not crash Nairaland if he can he should go ahead and bring it down.

tonye-t:

you guys are taking this things too far, and i must confess because of fear and reverence for my GOD and my faith with all humility i promise to rest my case and let you ride on the coast of self boast and foolishness

There is no God but you.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by donaremu(m): 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2008
Hi all,

Firstly, I will like to thank all those that has stood for God in their postings and
Secondly, I will want to pray for others that MAY YOU ALL FIND AND EXPERIENCE GOD IN ALL YOU DO.

If you think there is no God,

What then do you believe?

Who is the author of Life?

Who made the Planets, the SUN, the MOON, etc Who made the first particle?

Science has informed us that every form of energy has a source, think about all these

So, I conclude GOD is my SOURCE, He is the reason I exist and in Him only I believe.

I pray that the scales in your eyes be cleared, so you all can embrace the Truth, Jesus is the Truth and the Life
cool
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by iceland(m): 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2008
bindex:

And i say that Even God can not crash Nairaland if he can he should go ahead and bring it down.

I dont know when you became the owner of nairaland.Let Seun himself do it!Everyman shall account for himself
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 4:30pm On Dec 20, 2008
iceland:

But you are just confused!God is going to touch you real soon!Although In very hard way sad sad
Mark my Word!

There are a thousand and one things that can crash Nairaland (none of which I personally hope does) unsound business practices and terrorist attacks (of which you religious fanatics are quite capable to prove a point) to name a few, Seun can only try to mitigate them with sound Risk management practices.
If you trust in your God so much, go and drink acid and let us all see if your God will save you? the science that a lot of you deride so much might be the only option left to save you.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by okunoba(m): 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2008
From Okunoba`s partner.
"God is only an illusion and a symbol of the sun. Please take a look at www.zeitgeistmovement.com. There is NO GOD or any man that ever performed miracles. The sun IS the miracle. If not for the sun there wouldn't be any life on this planet. The sun is life and our only "god". Religion is only enslaving people. Boycut religion and lets focus on technology and education for a better life for everyone"
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by AnEnigma(m): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2008
The thread is open, God cannot crash nairaland!
It must be a super natural way.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2008
iceland:

I don't know when you became the owner of nairaland.Let Seun himself do it!Everyman shall account for himself

It does'nt matter who says it ,but i repeat the biblical God can not crash nairaland if he can then he should go ahead and do it. that's a challenge i am possing unto him. Why are we even talking about the exsistence of a God when it is obvious that Men created all the Gods?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2008
Damn!!! Why are these christians insulting me? cry

iceland:

But you  are just confused!God is going to touch you real soon!Although In very hard way sad sad
Mark my Word!

You don't know nothing about me. jesus is dead, that is if he ever existed. Touch me? How can a non-existent being touch me, and what do you mean by in a very hard way? Man, your post actually pissed me off angry F*CK YOU

Cory:

Sorry to say this,

DIOS is a fool, angry

LOL, that's y'alls favourite insult. If I only had a nickel for everytime I've been called a fool by christians,  grin

donaremu:

Hi all,

Firstly, I will like to thank all those that has stood for God in their postings and
Secondly, I will want to pray for others that MAY YOU ALL FIND AND EXPERIENCE GOD IN ALL YOU DO.

If you think there is no God,

What then do you believe?

Who is the author of Life?

Who made the Planets, the SUN, the MOON, etc Who made the first particle?

Science has informed us that every form of energy has a source, think about all these

So, I conclude GOD is my SOURCE, He is the reason I exist and in Him only I believe.

I pray that the scales in your eyes be cleared, so you all can embrace the Truth, Jesus is the Truth and the Life
cool

See, this is why I argue with you people, why do you think I have "scales in my eyes"?, because I don't believe in your god. That train of thought is just wrong, wrong,wrong.
If your god is the source of this universe, where did he come from? How did he come into being? Is he one of a kind? I mean what the hell is one god doing by himself? Who created him?
Do y'all ever think about this.
I don't know who created our universe, but the christian explanation can't hold up to rigourous questions and I'm not 10 years old anymore so I'm not gullible.

gentlegg:

@ Dios and other atheists

You don't believe there is God? No qualms.

I know if you see that God, you will choicelessly believe on him. Just wait till the day you will close your eyes in death, you will stare in the eyes of that God in the next couple of minutes.

So is either you believe in God now or later. One thing is sure, you will still beleieve.

I stare into the eyes of GOD every morning, all I have to do is look at my reflection in the mirror wink Pure Black God in the flesh!!! That's why you call me DIOS grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by naijacutee(f): 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2008
I can't believe what I'm seeing here. The level of foolishness and blasphemy on this thread is alarming. Desperately foolish mortals who think they are wise. . . Thank God I'm not God - I would have finished you.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by donaremu(m): 5:04pm On Dec 20, 2008
See, this is why I argue with you people, why do you think I have "scales in my eyes"?, because I don't believe in your god. That train of thought is just wrong, wrong,wrong.
If your god is the source of this universe, where did he come from? How did he come into being? Is he one of a kind? I mean what the hell is one god doing by himself? Who created him?
Do y'all ever think about this.
I don't know who created our universe, but the christian explanation can't hold up to rigourous questions and I'm not 10 years old anymore so I'm not gullible.

@Dios,
Get it right, I am not abusing you, I am only praying for you that you see the Light.

by the way What do you believe?

I know who I believe, hear what He said about Himself
Isaiah 46:9b - 10 says: I am God and there is none else, I am God and there is none like Me. I declare the End from the Beginning,
cool
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2008
naijacutee:

I can't believe what I'm seeing here. The level of foolishness and blasphemy on this thread is alarming. Desperately foolish mortals who think they are wise. . . Thank God I'm not God - I would have finished you.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2008
Quote from: davidylan on Today at 01:59:20 AM

Search NL, search the internet . . . 90% of all anti-religious agitation is against christianity alone. Why?
Where are the threads mocking hinduism or islam or sango worshippers?

Why are you more likely to believe in pagan gods than Jesus Christ?

I laugh when i hear athiests struggling desperately to tell us that Dec 25 is a day for the worship of the sun god. If indeed that is true then why are they not boycotting Dec 25 completely? Why would they prefer to celebrate the sun god than Jesus Christ's birth?

Dudu . . . why does christianity alone bother you?  

You people are of all people most confused.  

This is a very false assertion people only see what their eyes want them to see, I remember as a moslem all what I was hearing and seeing were people that were out to destroy Islam. Its called paranoia.

lol sometimes they bring bible verses that i saw last several years ago . . . one found palestine in Exodus . . . i'd never even seen it before until i had to go find the hebrew bible to read the real meaning.

Did you also read the original book of Mark and realised that the so called appearance of Jesus to his diciples after his resurrection was not written in the original version of mark even though this fact was acknowledeged by some versions of the bible like the NIV? what about the book of Isaiah(The jesus's prophecy) where the original hebrew translation is completely different from the one in your bible?

2. Can you find JUST[b] ONE VERSE [/b] where this injunction was carried out?  

Here is a verse where some one was killed because he refused to abide by one of the laws of the 10 commandments. A man was stoned to death for picking up sticks on a day that he wasn’t permitted to do any work (Numbers 15:32-36). The fact that there was no case of any body that was being put to death because they cursed their parants does'nt mean it never happended,  remember you are always quick to say that the fact that the bible does not speak about events or things does not mean that they did not happen. how hypocritical.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 5:09pm On Dec 20, 2008
naijacutee:

Hey princess, if you were god you wouldn't exist.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by AdamBrody1(m): 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2008
naijacutee:

@naijacutee
Blasphemy is not a crime and it is not in any criminal code to speak out against a repulsive, idiotic, homophobic and barbaric element called god who creates things and destroys them at will and ends up trying to placate the world by offering his so called son to be a human sacrifice to shed blood and be killed so that man should be saved. lipsrsealed

Rather it should be a crime for anyone to call god merciful, kind and loving after all the heinous and gruelsome deeds he or it or whatever has commited

Also you said the most foolish and repugnant statement so far:

Thank God I'm not God - I would have finished you

Why are we not suprised? You worship a god that kills people through floods, sends his holy ghosts to mutilate and kill first borns, destroys a city and if a person looks back it turns it into salt, wages countless wars on its own creations and a host of barbaric and inhumane things?

So if you said if you were god you would have finished us, then we should just know that you are only carrying out the wishes of your holy murderous and repugnantly evil father you call god!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2008
Adam Brody:

@naijacutee
Blasphemy is not a crime and it is not in any criminal code to speak out against a repulsive, idiotic, homophobic and barbaric element called god who creates things and destroys them at will and ends up trying to placate the world by offering his so called son to be a human sacrifice to shed blood and be killed so that man should be saved. lipsrsealed

Rather it should be a crime for anyone to call god merciful, kind and loving after all the heinous and gruelsome deeds he or it or whatever has commited

Also you said the most foolish and repugnant statement so far:

Why are we not suprised? You worship a god that kills people through floods, sends his holy ghosts to mutilate and kill first borns, destroys a city and if a person looks back it turns it into salt, wages countless wars on its own creations and a host of barbaric and inhumane things?

So if you said if you were god you would have finished us, then we should just know that you are only carrying out the wishes of your holy murderous and repugnantly evil father you call god!

I love this site grin grin grin grin
Hey I just saw god, he is actually a gay. True Story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply)

"God Stopped Bullets From Entering My Body"; Man Attacked By Armed Robbers.PICS / "Worship Leaders Lie When They Lead Worship Songs" - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / "Dead Boy Resurrects At Lord's Chosen Charismatic Ministries" - Member Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.