Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (41507 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2008
~Lady~:

anyway there is enough support on earth and in history that shows God. He has revealed himself through the ages, and now he is building his kingdom, he waits for no man and is not subject to man's demandings.
Those demanding God are frsutrated because God will continue to be God. They're angry that their "knowledge" has failed them in understanding God, and it's itching them to know, that's why they're making central to their lives something they're convinced doesn't exist.

If God doesn't exist why do you make him the center of your life? Why are u so persistent in seeing him? Afterall he isn't real right?

No I'm not demanding god( particularly your jewish god). I would say I'm angry though. I am because y'all( black africans) have lost our history to the point that y'all link our history to jews' regardless of the absence of proof.   

The jewish god doesn't exist and if he actually does, he doesn't look at y'all as his children. Look at Africa, ain't no way a god that supposedly loves everyone equally would allow the descendants of the greatest people in antiquity to live in poverty and squalor.
We are losing our self respect with y'all's consistent pursuit of a god that doesnt exist, and if we don't reverse course, then we'll be lost forever.
ME, I don't have a religion, but the one thing I pursue is greatness, because my ancestors were great and didn't follow no man's religion and constantly pursued the advancement of their society.
Following a god that chose Isreal as his CHOSEN people is not greatness.

I read somewhere that RCCG has a $60m "house of god", if it's true, imagine what $60m could have done for ordinary nigerians. probably build affordable housing for people paying an arm and leg to live in some face me i face you.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Lady2(f): 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2008
No I'm not demanding god( particularly your jewish god). I would say I'm angry though. I am because y'all( black africans) have lost our history to the point that y'all link our history to jews' regardless of the absence of proof.

I am trying to understand you here, who lost what? Who told you that our history isn't there? Who told you that it is forgotten? Who told you that we're trying to link our history with the Jews?
Why are you being so general? And most importantly why are you so illogical for someone who is "knowledgeable?"

The jewish god doesn't exist and if he actually does, he doesn't look at y'all as his children. Look at Africa, ain't no way a god that supposedly loves everyone equally would allow the descendants of the greatest people in antiquity to live in poverty and squalor.

Lol, first of all God gave you a brain so that you can come up with solutions to problems, God gave you a heart so that you would love yourself and your fellow man and when you love you do not inflict pain. So you see we are well equipped by God to stop the madness in our societies, but we refuse to use our gifts or we abuse it and the outcome is what you see on the streets.
So my dear what are you doing about the problem since there is no God, why haven't you come up with a solution?
The pain we have in the world isn't done by God but by men who are selfish and by those who sit by and do nothing.

And who told you africans are the greatest people who lived? What happened to equality? What makes us better than whites, asians, hispanics, what makes us better?
Why can't we all just be human? No we have to find some sort of elitism to it. Funny enough the God that you claim doesn't exist is the one that has elevated man's dignity. Unfortunately there are the likes of you and some knowledgeable people who have reduced man's dignity to that of dogs and creeping things. Soon enough dogs will have the right to vote and marry all in the name of science. A science that is supposed to help us understand and protect our beautiful earth is the one that is reducing humans to nothing and spoiling our earth with their "findings". Instead of using science to praisse God you've let it become your god and everything else is an intruder and yet you say there's no god, science is your god.

because my ancestors were great and didn't follow no man's religion and constantly pursued the advancement of their society.

then you don't know your ancestors. stay there thinking your ancestors didn't have a religion, their own was to use humans as sacrifice and to kill twins. stay there deceiving yourself.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 2:22pm On Dec 19, 2008
~Lady~:

I am trying to understand you here, who lost what? Who told you that our history isn't there? Who told you that it is forgotten? Who told you that we're trying to link our history with the Jews?
Why are you being so general? And most importantly why are you so illogical for someone who is "knowledgeable?"

Lol, first of all God gave you a brain so that you can come up with solutions to problems, God gave you a heart so that you would love yourself and your fellow man and when you love you do not inflict pain. So you see we are well equipped by God to stop the madness in our societies, but we refuse to use our gifts or we abuse it and the outcome is what you see on the streets.
So my dear what are you doing about the problem since there is no God, why haven't you come up with a solution?
The pain we have in the world isn't done by God but by men who are selfish and by those who sit by and do nothing.

And who told you africans are the greatest people who lived? What happened to equality? What makes us better than whites, asians, hispanics, what makes us better?
Why can't we all just be human? No we have to find some sort of elitism to it. Funny enough the God that you claim doesn't exist is the one that has elevated man's dignity. Unfortunately there are the likes of you and some knowledgeable people who have reduced man's dignity to that of dogs and creeping things. Soon enough dogs will have the right to vote and marry all in the name of science. A science that is supposed to help us understand and protect our beautiful earth is the one that is reducing humans to nothing and spoiling our earth with their "findings". Instead of using science to praisse God you've let it become your god and everything else is an intruder and yet you say there's no god, science is your god.

then you don't know your ancestors. stay there thinking your ancestors didn't have a religion, their own was to use humans as sacrifice and to kill twins. stay there deceiving yourself.

Look at you downing your own ancestors, the f*cking kikes you're so enamored with did the same things and even worse. I'm talking about my ancestors that built the Pyramids and the egyptian civilization, who understood the universe better than anybody on earth, who taught greeks what they knew. Those are MY PEOPLE, sure other things happened, by why are you zeroing in their shortcomings rather than their accomplishments.
You want to talk about elitism, your f*cking religion places Israel at the top of the food chain, your f*cking messiah is a jew, your f*cing apocalypse talks about 144,000 jews going to heaven, all of these claims are total fabrications by the way. If that's not Elitism, I don't know what is!!!!
Yes you link our history to the jews, isn't that why y'all say you are descendants of "FATHER ABRAHAM".
You let them dictate your history so much that the only thing that you could say about your own Forefathers is that they did "human sacrifices and killed twins".
Science is not my god but at least science can be seen, heard, touched.
Maybe there's a god, or gods or should I say higher powers, but it damn sure ain't your jehova.

What am I doing to change the situation? I looked in the mirror first and got rid of the mental slavery called christianity that I was shackled with growing up.
Fela said "I didn't know what it is to be an African till I left Africa", I understand what he saying.
Suffer Suffer for world, Enjoy for heaven, that's the Nigerian mentality brought to you courtesy of christianity. until we look deep within ourselves and realise ain't no god gon' decend from the skies and take you are from your suffering then we as a people are going to be stuck in perpetual hopelessness.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2008
~Lady~:

The biblical God accepted human scarifice too so what's the difference? or havent you been reading your bible? the biblical god and his "chosen people" the jews killed the children of other people that did not believe in him through misguided wars and other trivialities so how is that different from killing of twins? Women, non jews and people with leprosy were very badly treated by the biblical God and its all written in the bible so what are you saying?

tonye-t:

let me reply your very funny comments my beloved brother DIOS one after the other

quote from dios
Glad you know that, okay. . . . . what exactly are you trying to drive at?

quote from dios

now let me answer that for you,

1st of all, hope you realise that adam's 1st kids were males right?. . . .good. . . . .now do you also realise that females were not usually counted for reasons best known. . . . now have you ever thought that adam must have given birth to females too, even though bible never gave account?, if you succomb. . . then do you also know that sons marry daughters, as in the case of abraham and sarah, havent your small brains pondered that cain must have slept with his sister likewise abel his sisters and therefore procreate more seeds, and mind you. . . . . . . . i hope you also realise that men lived for as long as 800yrs and beyond, now if kids were born at least every two years then they must have given birth to about 300 kids before the death of abel, and this kids must have grown matured enough to start exhibiting evil traits as caused by the fall of man in the garden,  . . . . . . i just pray your mind will be able to carry this one, because i doubt your self acclaimed athiest knowledge

quote from dios
sorry for calling you small minded but you are. . . . now my answer to question 2, sure life is more complex, but not more than what the bible says my friend. because, in the first place the bible (biblos) meaning book from the greek word was just about the greatest set piece ever compiled by man though inspired by God through his spirit(1tim.3:16) and st.john made a comment in his attestation to Jesus' life that even if man were to write every thing ever done by Jesus that not the world itself could contain the books that would be written(John.21:25) search your scriptures if you have any. . . . .i put it this way that not every thing that happened since the days of eden to the apocalyses was written in the bible. . . . john.21:25 again

quote from dios
very childish question my friend. . . . . how do you explain for a family with short parents breeding huge kids that are tall, how do you reckon with the changes of man's face especially we nigerians today, do we still look like ancient like our fathers and forefathers do?, do men still have rampant bald head like before again?, where is the game of genes and its mutation play today, if generational chANGES are true, then i don't need to answer you funny question, because there was every possibility that noah gave birth to a black, white and red, mysteries of God you are yet to comprehend

you got me laughing and rolling on the floor you aint even as tough as i thought you are , ask reasonable questions my friend and i will answer them as God gives me the grace
see you next time

Must you lie to yourself and throw facts away just because you want to defend the bible? I know some christains that accept that the bible is full of historic, scientific and factual errors, yet there are so many that will go to what ever length to show that the bible is completely without error of what ever kind. The greatest mistake the writers of the bible made was the inclusion of the old testament, most especially the pentateuch. No christain can reasonably and scientifically explain the Noah's ark story, neither can any christain explain the tower of babel story scientifically and non can defend the seven day creation story, what about the sun standing still for over 24 hours just because the children of God wanted to kill off all their enemies? can Christains explain to us how the sun can stay without falling for over 24 hours? Infact the old testament is a shame and disgrace to most christains, the God portrayed there is no different from the Allah of the koran that christains love to hate but christains are still forced to believe that he is the same God that came as Jesus to save the entire world when the old testament clearly shows that the God in the old testament is not the same God potrayed in the new testament(the old testament God is a very tribal God that knows nobody but the Jews). All i can say is that the Europeans(Romans) took the Jewish God, added their own mythology and history to his story, made him more inclusive and called him the saviour of the world, just as Mohammed the prophet of Islam did with Allah.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2008
bindex:

The biblical God accepted human scarifice too so what's the difference? or havent you been reading your bible? the biblical god and his "chosen people" the jews killed the children of other people that did not believe in him through misguided wars and other trivialities so how is that different from killing of twins? Women, non jews and people with leprosy were very badly treated by the biblical God and its all written in the bible so what are you saying?

Must you lie to yourself and throw facts away just because you want to defend the bible? I know some christains that accept that the bible is full of historic, scientific and factual errors, yet there are so many that will go to what ever length to show that the bible is completely without error of what ever kind. The greatest mistake the writers of the bible made was the inclusion of the old testament, most especially the pentateuch. No christain can reasonably and scientifically explain the Noah's ark story, neither can any christain explain the tower of babel story scientifically and non can defend the seven day creation story, what about the sun standing still for over 24 hours just because the children of God wanted to kill off all their enemies? can Christains explain to us how the sun can stay without falling for over 24 hours? Infact the old testament is a shame and disgrace to most christains, the God portrayed there is no different from the Allah of the koran that christains love to hate but christains are still forced to believe that he is the same God that came as Jesus to save the entire world when the old testament clearly shows that the God in the old testament is not the same God potrayed in the new testament(the old testament God is a very tribal God that knows nobody but the Jews). All i can say is that the Europeans(Romans) took the Jewish God, added their own mythology and history to his story, made him more inclusive and called him the saviour of the world, just as Mohammed the prophet of Islam did with Allah.

I was beginning to think I was the only sane person left on this board. cool Well written dude.
They won't touch that tower of babel story, all they keep saying is "read your bible".
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2008
Dios:

I was beginning to think I was the only sane person left on this board. cool Well written dude.
They won't touch that tower of babel story, all they keep saying is "read your bible".

What do you want them to say? read the koran or hindu writings ?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2008
bindex:

What do you want them to say? read the koran or hindu writings ?

No, i just want them to come up with another defence.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2008
This is what I was talking about, on another thread, where our people are still waiting for a pale man (albino or so called white man) to emerge out of the cloud to come and save and rescue them.

This is the spell that was cast by the evil one (devil in the flesh, the pale man) on our people. The spell of religion, ignorance, sleep and forgetfulness.

This is 2009 and your God Jesus hasn't come yet. Maybe he cannot find a ladder long enough to step down with, Duh!

Imagine people still waiting for a white boy to come and save them.

When are you going to wake up from the spell of kingu (ignorance).

Me, I have no time to sugar coat the truth, because at the end of the day, African is still at the bottom of the pile when it comes of economic and world affair, while these pastor and bishops are still raping altar boys.

I think our people need to step away from the slave master mind set.

No white God is coming to save you, stop wasting your precious life, on a God that doesn't exist.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by esduny: 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2008
If He actually sent His son then (which means He actually came to earth Himself as they, the TRINITY are one ) and some people didnt still believe, dont you think it would be useless to come down again as there would still be some people who will not believe that He is God. He even said in His Word that 'Blessed are those who do not see but yet believe', i.e. He expects us to believe without even seeing- with no miracles or personal encounters. He even perform genuine signs and miracles through His true children or followers, is this not enough for unbelievers to have a rethink and know that God is real.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 9:35pm On Dec 19, 2008
@tonye-t

No offence meant, but I do beleive yu're quoting the scientist you mentioned out of context. I don't think anyone on this forum is claiming to be a Know all. Infact, if there is anyone falling into that fallacy it is you "Christians" note the quotes who are fighting a battle no-one sent you.

The scientist is only stating the limits of his knowledge but yu cannot capitalize on that and equate the definition of "God" that was forced out of him with the God of the bible or of any religion whatsoever.

You have every right to beleive what you want to beleive but don't lend credence to your beliefs by twisting other people's statements, even your God wouldn't be proud of you for doing that if we are to beleive that he is everything you claim him to be.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 9:45pm On Dec 19, 2008
The God of the Bible must be a wimp.

If he loved the world, why didn't he come himself. Ye ye God . . . . . Why did he have to send his son?

What , God was such a wimp he sent his only begotten son. What kind of a wimp would send their only son? eh.

Is this the same God who came down during the building of the tower of Babel, the God who scattered people when they were in unity, and he got jealous because they were building a tower.

Yet, this same God could not come and tell the people he loved them, he had to send his only son. what a wimp this God must be.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by AdamBrody1(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2008
Why is it god coming down and not going up?
The way these silly and ignorant christians continue to bamboozle the world with their nonsense will never cease to amaze me. At least there is proof  that god has shown Moses his Yansh before (What a perv) lol  grin and has met moses face to face before so why not the whole body?  undecided

Who wants a god that is so homophobic, cruel, vicious, cruel, sadistic and muderous to come? No body needs that kind of Character in the midst of humans and you warn him, if it ever decides to show its murderous genocidic figure around the globe someday, he should be expecting the prosecutors at the war crimes and genocide to humanity to prosecute him back to planet delusion from where ever it came from!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 9:52pm On Dec 19, 2008
Mr Brody , You hit the nail right on the head. Thank you

This God of the Bible is a psycho schizophrenic war criminal , with blood on his hands.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by AKO1(m): 10:07pm On Dec 19, 2008
Hehe God is never going to come down to prove that he exists, all of you can continue ranting and typing till the year runs out. grin grin grin tongue
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Timmi: 10:17pm On Dec 19, 2008
A fool said in his heart that there is no God. Why listen to the song of fools. Let them rant, God is still seated on His throne and still loves them for all of us are His creation.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2008
Timmi:

A fool said in his heart that there is no God. Why listen to the song of fools. Let them rant, God is still seated on His throne and still loves them for all of us are His creation.

The fact that we do not believe in your imaginary white friend who you believe is sitting on his throne and who is on record for killing and ordering the killing of so many people that do not believe in him does not give you the right to call us fools. We are not fools, and by the way the only person ranting here is YOU.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:30pm On Dec 19, 2008
cheesy
Guys make we leave story me I say simply if he exists he has no BALLS.
As for those that believe just tell the dude we said so.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Timmi: 10:32pm On Dec 19, 2008
To the skeptics, why are you judging God from the actions (or inaction) of man.  Human's inhumanity to fellow human being really proves that there is God that gave human being a free will to choose to do right or wrong.  The action of person doesn't reflect on his/her ancestor, but rather the person's choice.  

If that is the case, then God cannot be judged by the action of others and should not be expected to step in and stop one atrocity after another.  The wickedness of man's heart moves him/her to commit one crime or the other.

Can God impose himself on the activities of men on heart? sure He can and He has, but that happens at His own chosen.  He is a sovereign God.

If you believe that there is no God, more power to you and God still loves you and die for your sin, whether you accept him or not.  Your non-acceptance will not and cannot negate what He has completed.  He did not ask for your opinion when He came down and die for your sin and will not impose Himself on you.  That is the difference between other religion and Christianity.  You choose to accept Jesus as the Lord and Savior and will not impose Himself on you.

Think and meditate on this and others that you have heard and know, and ask God, intentionally and truely, even in your unbelieve to enlarge His word in your heart and you will see a noticeable difference.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 19, 2008
Adam Brody:

Why is it god coming down and not going up?
The way these silly and ignorant christians continue to bamboozle the world with their nonsense will never cease to amaze me. At least there is proof  that god has shown Moses his Yansh before (What a perv) lol  grin and has met moses face to face before so why not the whole body?  undecided

Who wants a god that is so homophobic, cruel, vicious, cruel, sadistic and muderous to come? No body needs that kind of Character in the midst of humans and you warn him, if it ever decides to show its murderous genocidic figure around the globe someday, he should be expecting the prosecutors at the war crimes and genocide to humanity to prosecute him back to planet delusion from where ever it came from!

So puerile.  grin Grow up.  grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 19, 2008
Adam is a hurting soul . . . all this pretence is a cover for a mind that is badly disturbed. grin
Adam you can still get professional help.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Timmi: 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2008
Bindex,

You missed the point.  I did not call you a fool, I only said that a fool said in his heart that there is no God.  I guess you see yourself in the mirror.

I think you are confusing the issue of God's existence and the representation given to Him by humans.  The fact that the Bible is written in a particular langauge does not mean that it is not relevant to everybody.  In Nigeria, you have proverbs (words of wisdom) that are peculiar to particular tribes and yet it is relevant irrespective of tribe or nationality.

As a scientist with many years in research, many things have convinced me that there must be God and have convinced other scientist that indeed there is God.  Making a statement, or repeating what you have heard others say about existence or non-existence of God is what you and others like you are doing instead of finding out for yourself through readind, observation and thoughts.

Don't be one of those lazy journalist that we have in Nigeria doing copy and paste journalism.  Think and think out loud.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by tpia: 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2008
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:20pm On Dec 19, 2008
God Exists (True) but i seriously doubt he'd get a VISA to Nigeria, its soooo over-crowded with an ever-growing band of Glitter Pastors with Occultic roots who are only interested in spinning Brian Tracy-styled preaching salted with a little Bible talk to a dis-enchanted mass of Nigerians trying to escape from economic and mental grin(Nigeria is unbelievable) hardship and spiritual torment from the same agents of demonica that fill the stadium and camp grounds they think they'll get succor from, let's face it. Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.

A 2005 estimates puts Christians at 40% of the country's population at 141 million (that makes 56,400,000)

Let us assume that 10% (5,640,000) are actually God-fearing Christians who sincerely pray for Nigeria to see the light (I am just saying).
You mean to tell me that 10% of God-fearing Nigerians cannot draw God's attention to our plight, Chei!! shocked.

The fact is I am sure if God was to land GBOAH!!! today, he would not find up to 1% of God-fearing Nigerians. I Swear, smiley

We are simply a Sinful people who have surpassed the abominations of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 11:26pm On Dec 19, 2008
tpia:

The books I'm reading at the moment are some old tomes that give detailed accounts of pre-colonial African religion and culture. Quite an interesting read though at times i have to say I literally felt sick what with reading about the multitudes of human sacrifices (many of which still go on today) and just the literal cheapness of human life.

Its no wonder the slave trade was so rampant back then.

Anyone worshipping the ancestors is free to do so, since many of us have been drinking out of the fountain of forgetfulness, and I guess sometimes the truth about ourselves is just too bitter to accept. So we prefer to construct a different past and reality- one that we can feel comfortable with and that makes us feel maybe our history wasnt as bad as outsiders would have us believe.

The biblical God accepted human sacrifices too end of story.

Timmi:

Bindex,

You missed the point.  I did not call you a fool, I only said that a fool said in his heart that there is no God.  I guess you see yourself in the mirror.

I think you are confusing the issue of God's existence and the representation given to Him by humans.  The fact that the Bible is written in a particular langauge does not mean that it is not relevant to everybody.  In Nigeria, you have proverbs (words of wisdom) that are peculiar to particular tribes and yet it is relevant irrespective of tribe or nationality.

As a scientist with many years in research, many things have convinced me that there must be God and have convinced other scientist that indeed there is God. Making a statement, or repeating what you have heard others say about existence or non-existence of God is what you and others like you are doing instead of finding out for yourself through readind, observation and thoughts.

Don't be one of those lazy journalist that we have in Nigeria doing copy and paste journalism.  Think and think out loud.

Can you tell us about the things that convinced you that there is a God? How were you able to convince your fellow scientist that there is a God? I have read, observed and had a lot of thoughts and i came to the conclusion that there is no God. Why are my observations, thoughts and readings wrong?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 11:45pm On Dec 19, 2008
Timmi:

Bindex,

You missed the point. I did not call you a fool, I only said that a fool said in his heart that there is no God. I guess you see yourself in the mirror.

I think you are confusing the issue of God's existence and the representation given to Him by humans. The fact that the Bible is written in a particular langauge does not mean that it is not relevant to everybody. In Nigeria, you have proverbs (words of wisdom) that are peculiar to particular tribes and yet it is relevant irrespective of tribe or nationality.

As a scientist with many years in research, many things have convinced me that there must be God and have convinced other scientist that indeed there is God. Making a statement, or repeating what you have heard others say about existence or non-existence of God is what you and others like you are doing instead of finding out for yourself through readind, observation and thoughts.

Don't be one of those lazy journalist that we have in Nigeria doing copy and paste journalism. Think and think out loud.

I would like to know too. How has your scientific training equiped you with the knowledge of the existence of God? Can you provide the evidence, scientific or otherwise?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by tpia: 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2008
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 11:52pm On Dec 19, 2008
tpia:

have you ever read the bible up to the point where human sacrifice is expressly forbidden?

neither do I see any account in the bible where someone explicitly decorated his residence with human skulls in lieu of gateposts, with the full approval of the people and as a service to God.

I take it that you have never read leviticus 27. Here we go:

26 " 'No one, however, may dedicate the firstborn of an animal, since the firstborn already belongs to the LORD; whether an ox [k] or a sheep, it is the LORD's. 27 If it is one of the unclean animals, he may buy it back at its set value, adding a fifth of the value to it. If he does not redeem it, it is to be sold at its set value.

28 " 'But nothing that a man owns and devotes [l] to the LORD -whether man or animal or family land—may be sold or redeemed; everything so devoted is most holy to the LORD.

29 " 'No person devoted to destruction [m] may be ransomed; he must be put to death.
30 " 'A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD. 31 If a man redeems any of his tithe, he must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 The entire tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd's rod—will be holy to the LORD. 33 He must not pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If he does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.' "

I submit that verse 29 is a recipe for human sacrifice. Don't you agree?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 11:57pm On Dec 19, 2008
huxley:

I take it that you have never read leviticus 27. Here we go:

26 " 'No one, however, may dedicate the firstborn of an animal, since the firstborn already belongs to the LORD; whether an ox [k] or a sheep, it is the LORD's. 27 If it is one of the unclean animals, he may buy it back at its set value, adding a fifth of the value to it. If he does not redeem it, it is to be sold at its set value.

28 " 'But nothing that a man owns and devotes [l] to the LORD -whether man or animal or family land—may be sold or redeemed; everything so devoted is most holy to the LORD.

29 " 'No person devoted to destruction [m] may be ransomed; he must be put to death.
30 " 'A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD. 31 If a man redeems any of his tithe, he must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 The entire tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd's rod—will be holy to the LORD. 33 He must not pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If he does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.' "

I submit that verse 29 is a recipe for human sacrifice. Don't you agree?

RUBBISH stop spreading trash!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by tpia: 11:59pm On Dec 19, 2008
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Czarskit(m): 12:01am On Dec 20, 2008
cheesy Funi 2 fynd out dat sum '(insultive noun)s' stil dnt b'live in GOD's existence, angry
Truth is, ur (dis)belief doesn't change a thing about HIS existence,
Infact,

I stil fynd it hard 2 b'live,
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 12:08am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

RUBBISH stop spreading trash!

Thank goodness you called it trash or RUBBISH. That is exactly what I think it is. It is from the bible as I did not make it up. Check it out. I am glad you agree with me that the bible is trash. smiley

If you don't agree, I would be much oblige with your understanding of leviticus 27: 29.

Thankx
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by AdamBrody1(m): 12:09am On Dec 20, 2008
@stillwater

stillwater:

So puerile. grin Grow up. grin

Am a grown ass man in living flesh and blood and your god who is so invincible without form or matter but loves to show his face and yansh to moses cruel is the puerile one!

davidylan:

Adam is a hurting soul . . . all this pretence is a cover for a mind that is badly disturbed. grin
Adam you can still get professional help.

@davidylan

Ouch Dr. Phil, i didnt know you were on nairaland or should i call you Dr. Olumuiwa from the bush rustic archaic pats of Abeokuta that loves to be so hypocritically holy on the religious threads but loves to talk about d**cks and Pu***y in the romance section!

What a dweeb just like his god he worships! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Displays The Portrait Of Buhari In Offices / Holy Flock Of Christ, Lagos Church Where Members Dance Five Times In A Year / Did Jesus And The Apostles Paid Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.