Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (41600 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by mamlaka(m): 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2008
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:24 (KJV)

God is Spirit and relates to man in the Spirit realm only. He can never relate in the physical.

Those posting negative comments about the only true God (And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent John 17:3 (KJV)), are dead spirits living in mortal bodies and God can never talk or relate with them.

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Romans 1:21 (KJV)
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by tpia: 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2008
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2008
davidylan:

don't you just love it when athiests come here pretending to be highly intelligent scientists who have studied so hard about life? grin

The way they talk you'd think all christians are high school drop outs.

We don't pretend to be highly intelligent scientists, but y'all always say "ONLY A FOOL SAYS THERE IS NO GOD".  That insult is what y'all always come up with. I'm not saying you're a fool and I'm definitely not one, all I'm saying is there is more to life and this universe than what y'all believe.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2008
Christains want their God to come down and show himself to the skeptics but so do moslems, they also want Allah to come down and shame all the Christains,Hindus and Jews. Hindus want their Hindu Gods to disgrace all those that do not believe in them by coming down,( I wonder where the Gods are going to come down from). The question is if there is truly a God then why did he not reveal himself to the whole of Humanity? Why did he reveal himself to ancient jews, Arabs, Chinese, Indains and Africans and called them his chosen people? Jews were the chosen ones according to the bible hence God decided to reveal himself unto them, arabs were the chosen people according to the koran infact the koran went as far as declearing arabic the language of Allah. The Indians were the chosen ones according to the hindu Gods and the circle continues.

We have moslems, hindus, buddhist and christains all claiming to have seen or encountered their God or Gods in one form or the other. This to me proves the lack of existence of all of them. The problem is that there is no universal God there has never been and there never will be. Even christains have different conception of who their God is, same with moslems, hindus, buddist etc. The fact that we are here arguing about the existence of God or Gods say alot about God or the Gods. If there really is a God we wont be here arguing about him, her or them. why are we not arguing about the existence of the wind, sun, moon or stars?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by tpia: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2008
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2008
tpia:

I don't see why God has to show Himself just because people are doubting.

He doesnt really have to prove anything to anyone.

If there is God, people's doubting doesnt change that fact. If there's no God, people's doubting doesnt change that either.

thats the way I see it.

whether you doubt or believe affects you, not God.

God is not man who needs affirmation to feel important.

This is false read the bible and the koran.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by tpia: 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2008
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 5:14pm On Dec 17, 2008
tpia:

back up your claim with facts.

The first thing I can advise you to read is Job. That one comes to mind immediately.

Why does God encourage people to praise him, give offerings unto him and spread his word? I stand to be corrected but are'nt all this methods of affirming his existence?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2008
bindex:

Christains want their God to come down and show himself to the skeptics but so do moslems, they also want Allah to come down and shame all the Christains,Hindus and Jews. Hindus want their Hindu Gods to disgrace all those that do not believe in them by coming down,( I wonder where the Gods are going to come down from). The question is if there is truly a God then why did he not reveal himself to the whole of Humanity? Why did he reveal himself to ancient jews, Arabs, Chinese, Indains and Africans and called them his chosen people? Jews were the chosen ones according to the bible hence God decided to reveal himself unto them, arabs were the chosen people according to the koran infact the koran went as far as declearing arabic the language of Allah. The Indians were the chosen ones according to the hindu Gods and the circle continues.

We have moslems, hindus, buddhist and christains all claiming to have seen or encountered their God or Gods in one form or the other. This to me proves the lack of existence of all of them. The problem is that there is no universal God there has never been and there never will be. Even christains have different conception of who their God is, same with moslems, hindus, buddist etc. The fact that we are here arguing about the existence of God or Gods say alot about God or the Gods. If there really is a God we wont be here arguing about him, her or them. why are we not arguing about the existence of the wind, sun, moon or stars?

Well spoken.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2008
Dios:

We don't pretend to be highly intelligent scientists, but y'all always say "ONLY A FOOL SAYS THERE IS NO GOD". That insult is what y'all always come up with. I'm not saying you're a fool and I'm definitely not one, all I'm saying is there is more to life and this universe than what y'all believe.

and you think we dont know? grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 7:18pm On Dec 17, 2008
davidylan:

and you think we don't know? grin

y'all think think the bible is the beginning,the middle and the end. grin grin And enough with your pointless comments, tackle the questions i posed like the tower of babel fairy tale.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by manmustwac(m): 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2008
There is no God. Period. Or if there is a God {which i very much doubt} You have to admit he must be very good at pretending he dosen't exist. Why didn't stop the genocide in Rwuanda? Why is He doing nothing to help the starving children in Darfur? Why didn't He do something to stop the women and children being raped in the Congo? Can't you Christian militants get it into your head that there is no God for christs sake

1 Like

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2008
manmustwac:

There is no God. Period. Or if there is a God {which i very much doubt} You have to admit he must be very good at pretending he dosen't exist. Why didn't stop the genocide in Rwuanda? Why is He doing nothing to help the starving children in Darfur? Why didn't He do something to stop the women and children being raped in the Congo? Can't you Christian militants get it into your head that there is no God for christs sake

What makes you feel they are militants?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2008
Dios:

y'all think think the bible is the beginning,the middle and the end. grin grin And enough with your pointless comments, tackle the questions i posed like the tower of babel fairy tale.

The problem is you want to tell us what we think when you really have no clue.
I dont believe the world is only 6000 yrs old and there is biblical proof for that . . . oh but dont let facts get in the way of your preconcieved ideas.

As regards my "pointless comments" . . . i happen to think they make a lot of sense because it is very important to disabuse this false notion that being an athiest is synonymous with being a "great thinker" and scientist.

Your questions? Why shld i tackle them? they are simply pointless . . . if you dont believe in God why bother with His book?
You can always read Harry Potter.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:48pm On Dec 17, 2008
J k rowling does a better job than piss poor stories about whales and flood.

1 Like

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Excellent. Now you have something else to do besides worrying about myths in the bible.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 12:01am On Dec 18, 2008
davidylan:

Excellent. Now you have something else to do besides worrying about myths in the bible.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:24am On Dec 18, 2008
Hehehe cheesy you want me to give you a break here, there are better ways to beg smiley
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 18, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Hehehe cheesy you want me to give you a break here, there are better ways to beg smiley

break for wetin? You never even start. grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by sexyLeamon(f): 4:12am On Dec 18, 2008
tpia link=topic=208074.msg3236689:

I don't see why God has to show Himself just because people are doubting.

He doesnt really have to prove anything to anyone.

If there is God, people's doubting doesnt change that fact. If there's no God, people's doubting doesnt change that either.

thats the way I see it.

whether you doubt or believe affects you, not God.

God is not man who needs affirmation to feel important.
best answer
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 4:25am On Dec 18, 2008
davidylan:

The problem is you want to tell us what we think when you really have no clue.
I don't believe the world is only 6000 years old and there is biblical proof for that . . . oh but don't let facts get in the way of your preconcieved ideas.

As regards my "pointless comments" . . . i happen to think they make a lot of sense because it is very important to disabuse this false notion that being an athiest is synonymous with being a "great thinker" and scientist.

Your questions? Why shld i tackle them? they are simply pointless . . . if you don't believe in God why bother with His book?
You can always read Harry Potter.

You keep dodging, just say you can't explain the bs stories. Harry potter is the same as the bible. Fantastic fairy tales.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Tonyet1(m): 11:26am On Dec 19, 2008
let me reply your very funny comments my beloved brother DIOS one after the other

quote from dios
, think outside the box for a minute .That genesis story is ridiculous, god created a man, then he created a woman and supposedly we all descended from these two.

Glad you know that, okay. . . . . what exactly are you trying to drive at?

quote from dios
Ok, when your god sent cain on exile and put a mark on him so no one who saw would kill him, who was he talking about?.

now let me answer that for you,

1st of all, hope you realise that adam's 1st kids were males right?. . . .good. . . . .now do you also realise that females were not usually counted for reasons best known. . . . now have you ever thought that adam must have given birth to females too, even though bible never gave account?, if you succomb. . . then do you also know that sons marry daughters, as in the case of abraham and sarah, havent your small brains pondered that cain must have slept with his sister likewise abel his sisters and therefore procreate more seeds, and mind you. . . . . . . . i hope you also realise that men lived for as long as 800yrs and beyond, now if kids were born at least every two years then they must have given birth to about 300 kids before the death of abel, and this kids must have grown matured enough to start exhibiting evil traits as caused by the fall of man in the garden,  . . . . . . i just pray your mind will be able to carry this one, because i doubt your self acclaimed athiest knowledge

quote from dios
You call me small minded  because[b] I  think life is more complex than what the bible tells you.[/b] So I guess you're smart because you believe in the most ridiculous story ever told

sorry for calling you small minded but you are. . . . now my answer to question 2, sure life is more complex, but not more than what the bible says my friend. because, in the first place the bible (biblos) meaning book from the greek word was just about the greatest set piece ever compiled by man though inspired by God through his spirit(1tim.3:16) and st.john made a comment in his attestation to Jesus' life that even if man were to write every thing ever done by Jesus that not the world itself could contain the books that would be written(John.21:25) search your scriptures if you have any. . . . .i put it this way that not every thing that happened since the days of eden to the apocalyses was written in the bible. . . . john.21:25 again

quote from dios
How about the story of Noah, if he had three sons and we are all supposed to be their descendants, how do you explain our different complexions and physical features.

very childish question my friend. . . . . how do you explain for a family with short parents breeding huge kids that are tall, how do you reckon with the changes of man's face especially we nigerians today, do we still look like ancient like our fathers and forefathers do?, do men still have rampant bald head like before again?, where is the game of genes and its mutation play today, if generational chANGES are true, then i don't need to answer you funny question, because there was every possibility that noah gave birth to a black, white and red, mysteries of God you are yet to comprehend

The tower of babel is another funny one, so god just did some abacadabra and made everyone start speaking different languages because they were trying to build a tower to reach the skies and see heaven. I've been on planes and there is no pearly gates up there . The bible was just a jewish attempt to explain the mysteries of the world with the limited knowledge they had.
And that's the whole truth

you got me laughing and rolling on the floor you aint even as tough as i thought you are , ask reasonable questions my friend and i will answer them as God gives me the grace

see you next time
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2008
tonye-t:

let me reply your very funny comments my beloved brother DIOS one after the other

quote from dios
Glad you know that, okay. . . . . what exactly are you trying to drive at?

quote from dios

now let me answer that for you,

1st of all, hope you realise that adam's 1st kids were males right?. . . .good. . . . .now do you also realise that females were not usually counted for reasons best known. . . . now have you ever thought that adam must have given birth to females too, even though bible never gave account?, if you succomb. . . then do you also know that sons marry daughters, as in the case of abraham and sarah, havent your small brains pondered that cain must have slept with his sister likewise abel his sisters and therefore procreate more seeds, and mind you. . . . . . . . i hope you also realise that men lived for as long as 800yrs and beyond, now if kids were born at least every two years then they must have given birth to about 300 kids before the death of abel, and this kids must have grown matured enough to start exhibiting evil traits as caused by the fall of man in the garden, . . . . . . i just pray your mind will be able to carry this one, because i doubt your self acclaimed athiest knowledge

quote from dios
sorry for calling you small minded but you are. . . . now my answer to question 2, sure life is more complex, but not more than what the bible says my friend. because, in the first place the bible (biblos) meaning book from the greek word was just about the greatest set piece ever compiled by man though inspired by God through his spirit(1tim.3:16) and st.john made a comment in his attestation to Jesus' life that even if man were to write every thing ever done by Jesus that not the world itself could contain the books that would be written(John.21:25) search your scriptures if you have any. . . . .i put it this way that not every thing that happened since the days of eden to the apocalyses was written in the bible. . . . john.21:25 again

quote from dios
very childish question my friend. . . . . how do you explain for a family with short parents breeding huge kids that are tall, how do you reckon with the changes of man's face especially we nigerians today, do we still look like ancient like our fathers and forefathers do?, do men still have rampant bald head like before again?, where is the game of genes and its mutation play today, if generational chANGES are true, then i don't need to answer you funny question, because there was every possibility that noah gave birth to a black, white and red, mysteries of God you are yet to comprehend

you got me laughing and rolling on the floor you aint even as tough as i thought you are , ask reasonable questions my friend and i will answer them as God gives me the grace

see you next time

Ok tonye-t, The adam and eve is story is nothing more than a jewish theory of evolution with sprinkles of god.
The Cain and Abel story grin grin I'll just ask you one question. Would you sleep with your sister? And if your answer is no, why was it alright for them to do it and it's not alright for you to do the same?
How do you know females were not counted for "reasons best known", why was eve counted then? And if they did have family orgies, why put the mark on him so his own "relatives" would know not to kill him. Men lived more than 800yrs, lol!!!! Why do you sound so sure?

I thought the bible was the "beginning, middle and end", now you're saying the bible is not complete?
Noah's story is just pathetic, don't try to compare that to dwarfs having normal sized offsprings. So your point is Noah gave birth to a black kid, oriental kid with slanted eyes, a white kid with blond hair and blue eyes, a red indian etc etc etc grin grin grin grin grin grin I would give a million dollars to see that happen.The possibilty of that happening is zilch.

And the Tower of babel story, please try to explain that, I'm begging you!!!!!!! undecided

You called me small minded!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Please go over your answers again and seriously think about who is small minded ME OR YOU.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Tonyet1(m): 12:25pm On Dec 19, 2008
[quote ]
The Cain and Abel story I'll just ask you one question. Would you sleep with your sister? And if your answer is no, why was it alright for them to do it and it's not alright for you to do the same?
[/quote]

lol. . . . you are very funny my dear friend. . . the truth there is that you dont even read the scriptures . . .so trying to explain points from the scriptures to you will only be in vain. . .as per sleeping with sisters. . . .i think abram will be the best to answer you grin

[quote]How do you know females were not counted for "reasons best known", why was eve counted then? And if they did have family orgies, why put the mark on him so his own "relatives" would know not to kill him

lmao. . . lol. . . brother please read the scriptures . . . you are very young i now know. . . . i think st.luke who saw the counting of Jesus feeding the five thousand will be the best to answer you grin

Men lived more than 800yrs, lol!!!! Why do you sound so sure?

what class are you in your primary school my brother? . . lol. . . . .do men still live long as their fore fathers do?. . . . David in the book of psalms[b] will be the best to answer you on that[/b] grin

I thought the bible was the "beginning, middle and end", now you're saying the bible is not complete?

the bible is a comprehensive book not a detailed book. . . . . .st.john will be the best to answer you grin
search the paasage i gave above

Noah's story is just pathetic, don't try to compare that to dwarfs having normal sized offsprings. So your point is Noah gave birth to a black kid, oriental kid with slanted eyes, a white kid with blond hair and blue eyes, a red indian etc etc etc grin grin grin grin grin grin I would give a million dollars to see that happen.The possibilty of that happening is zilch

why do white women give birth to black kids with black kids as husbands. . . why do black parents still give birth to albinos. moses in the pentatiouch will be the best to answer you grin.

And the Tower of babel story, please try to explain that, I'm begging you!!!!!!! undecided

you are too one sided and great mind dont play with small because , small minds might sap their energies

You called me small minded!!!!!!.

okay sorry you are " very small minded " hope i got it this time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2008
tonye-t:

lol. . . . you are very funny my dear friend. . . the truth there is that you don't even read the scriptures . . .so trying to explain points from the scriptures to you will only be in vainas per sleeping with sisters. . . .i think abram will be the best to answer you grin

lmao. . . lol. . . brother please read the scriptures . . . you are very young i now know. . . . i think st.luke who saw the counting of Jesus feeding the five thousand will be the best to answer you grin

what class are you in your primary school my brother? . . lol. . . . .do men still live long as their fore fathers do?. . . . David in the book of psalms[b] will be the best to answer you on that[/b] grin

the bible is a comprehensive book not a detailed book. . . . . .st.john will be the best to answer you grin
search the paasage i gave above

why do white women give birth to black kids with black kids as husbands. . . why do black parents still give birth to albinos. moses in the pentatiouch will be the best to answer you grin.

you are too one sided and great mind don't play with small because , small minds might sap their energies

okay sorry you are " very small minded " hope i got it this time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

About the kids, Barack Obama is the result of a union between a Black Man and a White Woman, Albinos have a medical condition so that's not an example of black parents producing a white kid.  Please, give an example of two jews giving birth to a black baby. grin

We live longer than our forefathers because we have better medical care. That's a fact!!!

How did St Jude know your "jew god" fed 5000 people, I guess he had one of those clickers used to count people. 5000 ko 50000 ni grin grin grin

Well since you have abram as a witness for the f*cking your sister defense wink
St. Luke as the witness for the feeding of the 5000 hungry jews event embarassed
David as the the witness for people who lived to be 1000 years old shocked
St John as the librarian with astounding knowledge of the bible cool
Moses as the witness for the "two jews having a black baby" phenomena smiley
I need a witness for the Tower of babel story or should I dare say this is your[b] kryptonite, Superman[/b]

Reading all your answers, I can see you have no concrete proof to back up your arguments so you just keep refering to your storybook(bible)!!!
Because of these I hereby proclaim ye a DOUCHEBAG!!![color=#990000][/color] and that's pronounced dushbag just so you know.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2008
Douche!! cheesy
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Lady2(f): 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2008

You'll be amazed how much Harry Potter is tied to Christianity, same thing with the Chronicles of Narnia. There are briliiant minds that convey the christian message through fiction. And all of you think they're just stories.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 1:22pm On Dec 19, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Douche!! cheesy

Yea Chris, the guy is a DOUCHE. grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2008
~Lady~:

You'll be amazed how much Harry Potter is tied to Christianity, same thing with the Chronicles of Narnia. There are briliiant minds that convey the christian message through fiction. And all of you think they're just stories.

Hmmmmm, I thought y'all didn't like Harry Potter because it promotes "witchcraft" according to your christian leaders!!!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Lady2(f): 1:27pm On Dec 19, 2008
We live longer than our forefathers because we have better medical care. That's a fact!!!

erhm we don't live longer than our forefathers actually. we certainly don't live better. we are inflicted with more diseases than they were. we take medications to cure one disease and give you another. people in the village live longer and healthier than those in the cities with better medical care.

So no it's not a fact.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Lady2(f): 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2008
anyway there is enough support on earth and in history that shows God. He has revealed himself through the ages, and now he is building his kingdom, he waits for no man and is not subject to man's demandings.
Those demanding God are frsutrated because God will continue to be God. They're angry that their "knowledge" has failed them in understanding God, and it's itching them to know, that's why they're making central to their lives something they're convinced doesn't exist.

If God doesn't exist why do you make him the center of your life? Why are u so persistent in seeing him? Afterall he isn't real right?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Dios(f): 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2008
~Lady~:

erhm we don't live longer than our forefathers actually. we certainly don't live better. we are inflicted with more diseases than they were. we take medications to cure one disease and give you another. people in the village live longer and healthier than those in the cities with better medical care.

So no it's not a fact.
They were inflicted with the same diseases, they just weren't advanced enough to diagnose or cure most of it. hell, alexander died from syphilis!!
I guess it's not a fact but we can say it it varies. But I don't think they lived to be 800yrs old.

At the same time some of them were really advanced, a good example will be OUR ancestors, the builders of the pyramids and the world's first great civilization who are now referred to as the Ancient Egyptians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Clergyman Flogs His Members On Their Butt During Church Service (Photo, Video) / 3-year-old Praise, Israel Ezekiel's Daughter Kneels As She Worships God In Kenya / Lady Leaks Pastor Aaron Finley's Sex Chat With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.