Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP (25599 Views)

Photos Of Makarfi & His PDP Led Faction Members At Supreme Court Today / Hausa Man Contests For Councillor In Ebonyi Under PDP (Photos) / Picture Of Umuojima Road In Aba Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by tochex4real: 7:15am On Jan 10, 2015
Aba in abia state is has an A in terms of lawlessness, bad roads.. The city has suffered a lot. Some times I wonder y a governor would abandon a city that he gets most of its revenue from. Imagine being the chairman of one of d markets in aba, u are definitely on much cash. I don't even know whom to blame whether the problem is from d government or the people but I will never blame d people because they can ginger. I remember d marathon race that was being organised by magic FM ( kudos to u guys ), all the athletes assembled in d stadium as their citadel for end of race. Some dignitaries were present, especially d gubernatorial candidate of PDP. The disgraced this man got, enough pure water was thrown on him. If TA orji has d gods, let him bring Jonathan to campaign in aba, I pity d scenario that will occur that day.. We want change in d city and in the country, but we should not allow ignorance and hunger to brainwash our brain. We need to vote for d best..

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 10, 2015
shachris03:
I need thoughts from my aba people. I do not want this thread to die.
Your observation is more than right how ever voting alex otti will be the solution that we in aba needs. Gej is nt the problem it is the orjis that are the problem. Just go to onitsha and see wat obiano had done in few months in office

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by tochex4real: 7:32am On Jan 10, 2015
Jonathan should come to aba alone and he will receive cheers from d people, but if he comes with TA orji he will receive disgrace
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by crecruit: 7:39am On Jan 10, 2015
explorer250:
I also live in aba. But i must tell you that we should not vote someone because of his party,rather,on individuals personality and quality. For me and most aba citizens we are going for alex oti(apga),though initially our man was uche ogah(pdp) but oga orji rigged the primaries and installed his idol,formal asepa chairman, okezie ikpeazu

Your choice is wise. I don't know Alex Oti as a politician but I've known him personally for about 14 years and I can vouch for his integrity. Up APGA!

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by KatalysticCJ: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2015
I wonder if PDP government can ever do things right. People Deceiving People (PDP). We need CHANGE in Aba.
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 10, 2015
I ve modified
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by asha80(m): 8:17am On Jan 10, 2015
lygn19:
Allison is an ijaw woman married to an igbo man, Ngozi is from delta north, a place where they re ready to die than agree they re Igbos.
not okonjo's side ogwashi ukwu...it is the ika uukwuani axis.
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 10, 2015
No way 4 PDP in Abia. PDP president, APGA Governor

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by ojnnaco(m): 8:34am On Jan 10, 2015
Bros. Am born and brought up in aBa... I can clearly tell u dat the present administration is the worst of all d administrations ever... Truly abians in general and aBa in particular needs change and d change is APGA. If the election won't be rigged as usual,OTI is d man

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by tonychristopher: 8:46am On Jan 10, 2015
lygn19:
Allison is an ijaw woman married to an igbo man, Ngozi is from delta north, a place where they re ready to die than agree they re Igbos.

Ngozi is from ogwa shi ukwu married to an abia man..mind you ogwa ishi ukwu are very pure Igbo they are from ishi or NRI lineage and no ogwa man has disclaimed igboness and delta not don't disclaim Igbo unless few sons of Benin migrants from ika and ukwuani

Those refugee seekers we know they are sons of Benin migrant and we understand where they are coming from

So mind what you say in public

Ikwerre are just leapers in Igbo mil lieu and amongst all igbo clan in rivers ..ikwerre are detested

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by kayustones: 9:03am On Jan 10, 2015
shachris03:
I am born and brought up in aba. (nwa aba) and like we say, he who wears the shoe knows where it pains.

Since the era of PDP government in aba, a city that used to be the pride of the east has turned to a laughing stock for the whole federation. Aba is now synonymous with bad road. "are your roads as bad as aba's? " This pains me greatly because I know that aba used to have the best roads in the east as a whole. Azikiwe straight to faulks road then to aba owerri roads where model roads that had no patches. Built in the 80s yet lasted, even without maintenance into the 2000s.

I remember when Ariaria market was an international market. people used to come from Lagos, Kaduna, calabar , Ghana, Togo, Cameroon... all west Africa to buy goods from aba. Most companies had their major distributors in aba then.

Then the companies too. in the whole of the east, in terms of industries, after Enugu, you count aba. we had PZ, May baker, Nigerian breweries, Unilever (dad used to work there), aba textile company, vita foam, and many others too numerous to mention.
if you are really a nwa aba you would know that these things I'm saying is true.

Then the housing schemes were working. As long as you are a government worker, you are entitled to own a house if you want. You are given a free land to develop in the world bank estate. You can even borrow a loan to build your house from the mortgage bank. That is how my dad was able to build our home. I mean a poor man is entitled to a house.

We used to have free tap water in those days.

Now what have we seen since after PDP?

Bad roads everywhere you turn. its a fact that no single road in aba is up to standard. Na only wait and take road you see here.

The one that annoys me most is power. you see I live in the middle of two power plants. Geometrics and Alaoji. And I could tell you that since last month, ive not seen any power in my house.

Why the heck is geometries not in operation yet? A 450 million dollars project. Is wickedness Jonathan's nature or is he just a pure badluck?

I'm not an APC supporter but i m sick and tired of PDP and what they are doing to my beautiful city.

You r saying u r not an APC supporter because u don't want to fall out of place with ur fellow Ibo men. But I like people who can distinctively make a choice between good and evil. U know PDP is evil then why don't you go for the other that u think is better. Be bold stand with what is right, stand up for change
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Charbless(m): 9:06am On Jan 10, 2015
I wish I could hit the like button a Thousand times. Wateva can be done to restore my dear Aba to its lost glory.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by proxillin(m): 9:25am On Jan 10, 2015
Truth24:

Keep mute and watch....
#Gej
So wat??

Name you go vote for 1,000,000 people? PDP ewarrior
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by galadima77(m): 9:58am On Jan 10, 2015
shachris03:
I am born and brought up in aba. (nwa aba) and like we say, he who wears the shoe knows where it pains.

Since the era of PDP government in aba, a city that used to be the pride of the east has turned to a laughing stock for the whole federation. Aba is now synonymous with bad road. "are your roads as bad as aba's? " This pains me greatly because I know that aba used to have the best roads in the east as a whole. Azikiwe straight to faulks road then to aba owerri roads where model roads that had no patches. Built in the 80s yet lasted, even without maintenance into the 2000s.

I remember when Ariaria market was an international market. people used to come from Lagos, Kaduna, calabar , Ghana, Togo, Cameroon... all west Africa to buy goods from aba. Most companies had their major distributors in aba then.

Then the companies too. in the whole of the east, in terms of industries, after Enugu, you count aba. we had PZ, May baker, Nigerian breweries, Unilever (dad used to work there), aba textile company, vita foam, and many others too numerous to mention.
if you are really a nwa aba you would know that these things I'm saying is true.

Then the housing schemes were working. As long as you are a government worker, you are entitled to own a house if you want. You are given a free land to develop in the world bank estate. You can even borrow a loan to build your house from the mortgage bank. That is how my dad was able to build our home. I mean a poor man is entitled to a house.

We used to have free tap water in those days.

Now what have we seen since after PDP?

Bad roads everywhere you turn. its a fact that no single road in aba is up to standard. Na only wait and take road you see here.

The one that annoys me most is power. you see I live in the middle of two power plants. Geometrics and Alaoji. And I could tell you that since last month, ive not seen any power in my house.

Why the heck is geometries not in operation yet? A 450 million dollars project. Is wickedness Jonathan's nature or is he just a pure badluck?

I'm not an APC supporter but i m sick and tired of PDP and what they are doing to my beautiful city.

come to niger state bro n lest i forget, welcome to d club
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by chiogoezubem(f): 10:30am On Jan 10, 2015
shachris03:
I need thoughts from my aba people. I do not want this thread to die.

You are on point! I am also an "nwa Aba". I wasn't born in Aba but my parents moved to Aba from Onitsha in the early 80's.

I grew up @the Aba main Mosque area and I know what you mean when u talk about good roads. Most parts of Hospital road/Asa rd., built by Mbakwe is even still functional. That shows the quality of politics and politicians of those days.

I was so appalled when I traveled to Aba in June, 2014, in the rainy season. There is no road from Asa rd to Port Harcourt rd, onward Port Harcourt! That part of the road has become craters and valeys! The traffic created by these death traps called roads are for another topic entirely! Ngwa road and its inner enclaves are another matter altogether! Where would one start and where would one end?!

Abia state, and infact Aba city has never had a government since the government of Mbakwe, as far as I am concerned. I am not a politician and am not interested in the party that rules us. undecided My interest is in the government that will deliver the dividends of democracy to the people. Let the party that can provide and deliver such governance take the helm!

As for the companies you mentioned, most cities in the country that had boasted of such organisations/companies have lost them to the harsh economic situations.

Enough is enough! We need serious change. Let's vote wisely this time around
, and demand for delivery!
lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by chiogoezubem(f): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2015
tonychristopher:

Ngozi is from ogwa shi ukwu married to an abia man..mind you ogwa ishi ukwu are very pure Igbo they are from ishi or NRI lineage and no ogwa man has disclaimed igboness and delta not don't disclaim Igbo unless few sons of Benin migrants from ika and ukwuani

Those refugee seekers we know they are sons of Benin migrant and we understand where they are coming from

So mind what you say in public

Ikwerre are just leapers in Igbo mil lieu and amongst all igbo clan in rivers ..ikwerre are detested

Hmm. I didn't know this. Good points.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by chiogoezubem(f): 10:43am On Jan 10, 2015
Charbless:
I wish I could hit the like button a Thousand times. Wateva can be done to restore my dear Aba to its lost glory.

What a glory Aba really lost! I crave for my old Aba. But life goes on and since we can't turn the hands of the cock, we can at least hope for a workable government to fix things and get them back on track. Afterall with all the markets in Aba, government generates so much revenue from the city.
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by tonychristopher: 10:46am On Jan 10, 2015
chiogoezubem:

Hmm. I didn't know this. Good points.

Oh don't you know...the ogwa man is a pure very pure Igbo from ishi or nri the clan if priest ...people will come public and talk but we need to set the history straight

Just like saying igbuzor denies Igbo ..what a travesty
Igbuzor means simply Igbo bi na uzor that is shortened for igbuzor and they are Igbo living on the road to home

We know our own and our own know us

We still know our own that are prodigal like ika and ikwerre though they are coming back to their senses

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by chiogoezubem(f): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2015
tochex4real:
Jonathan should come to aba alone and he will receive cheers from d people, but if he comes with TA orji he will receive disgrace

They won't come o! They wouldn't dare because they know the places they messed up real good, and they will do well to not visit those places. OAU students threw purewater sachets at them at Ife. Aba people might throw stones and shits! undecided I trust my peope. cheesy
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by benzion72(m): 10:53am On Jan 10, 2015
Chylo:
Why did GEJ sack Bart Nnaji sef? I thought that man was doing a great job. Its the likes of Diezani and Wike that he will allow to continue.

A great question. I am South West i love Barth Nnaji. He managed PHCN as a private enterprise only for him to be fired. That is one of the failure of GEJ. I can say that APC has dealt great blow to GEJ for the past three years. Some of GEJ adviser are pawn in the hand of APC, they only gave bad advise and like mumu he too followed them. How can you sack a performing minister and retain Oduah, Eteh etc.

Take for example his ex-political adviser Gulak advised him to go dance in kano after the kidnap of Chibok girls, can he go to Kano and campaign now. I will not be surprised if Buhari pick Barth Nnaji as the minister of power. The guy understand our power sector

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by tunisbaba(m): 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hmmmm....as a corps member serving in OSISIOMA Local Government Area in ABA.i must say OCHENDO has failed d Aba people.If u ask most coppers serving in Aba to describe Aba, what you wil hear is STAGNANT WATER, BAD ROAD, DIRTY ENVIRONMENT AND SUFFERING PEOPLE. i think A State Of Emergence should be decleard in Aba
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by obyno6ix: 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
shachris03:

your ethnic sentiments is not allowing you to reason straight. GEJ has failed us, you admit, yet we should still vote him? Got me thinking, do we as igbos enjoy pain? I want to ask you something, which era did the igbos receive all the massive amenities that they now enjoy? Most of the roads in igbo land, during which era were they built? I don't know where you get your facts bro, but GEJ is not representing any ibo interest. He is just there for himself and his Ijaw nation. A sensible igbo would endorse competence before tribal affiliations. Its high time we drop the civil war stigma.

How do you mean drop civil war stigma? We can't drop it, This is still the same problem we have been facing in this country. Every time we keep blaming GEJ for everything and forget the role our so called governors are supposed to play. The issue with Abia state is from the governors that have ruled us for over 15 year starting from the time of Oji Uzor Kalu. I wonder why we forget so easily. Everything is GEJ. Let us try and forget the party and vote individuals by their competence. I know there are other PDP states that are doing well today.
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by nnadengram(m): 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ndi Igbo let us vote out incompetence in 2015 and if in 2019 we are not satisfied with Buhari and his APC, we still give them the boot. Our National Assembly should be on standby to impeach any incompetent leader after just two years in office. Our country is not better than Japan that had 7 prime ministers in 8 years.
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by JesslordKay(m): 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
dejisky:
later some conduit of corruption under GEJ will come and be ranting that GEJ will get 100% votes frm S/Eastern States, we are waiting.
Team Buhari.
you dnt blame everything on the president, where then is the Governor? Use ur senses
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by chiogoezubem(f): 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
tonychristopher:

Oh don't you know...the ogwa man is a pure very pure Igbo from ishi or nri the clan if priest ...people will come public and talk but we need to set the history straight

Just like saying igbuzor denies Igbo ..what a travesty
Igbuzor means simply Igbo bi na uzor that is shortened for igbuzor and they are Igbo living on the road to home

We know our own and our own know us

We still know our own that are prodigal like ika and ikwerre though they are coming back to their senses

Yeah, my father usually tells us about these people of Igbo descent. But the issue that they, themselves wouldn't even acknowledge that they are Igbos.

The funny path is an Onitsha man calling us nwa-onye-Igbo and denying their ties with the Igbos. Yeah, I know they must have migrated from Benin or so... Whatever... What do you make of this?

2ndly, who are the Ika people, you mentioned above?
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by tonychristopher: 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
chiogoezubem:

Yeah, my father usually tells us about these people of Igbo descent. But the issue that they, themselves wouldn't even acknowledge that they are Igbos.

The funny path is an Onitsha man calling us nwa-onye-Igbo and denying their ties with the Igbos. Yeah, I know they must have migrated from Benin or so... Whatever... What do you make of this?

No your mistaken also

Some Onitsha are pure Igbo having one of NRI in short the only NRI daughter is the progenitor of Onitsha and one town neat awka... the daughter of NRI is the mother if onitsha and nwa onyi igbo is a way of saying the son if igbo

Anambra call Enugu and Ebonyi wawa IMO and ikwerre call us isoma while ngwa call non indigenes ohuhu so these are pet names we Igbo have for each others

Yes we might have people that deny igbo due to some facts and they are in ika and ukwuani some of them are refugees in Igbo land of ika and ukwuani ..they came during the apex of Benin empire then either as escaped slaves or running away from justice

Then Igbo culture assimilated them ..so their own can be understanding but nor anioma pure bloods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by tonychristopher: 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
chiogoezubem:

The ika R the Igbo speaking clans in Edo state and agbor with umunede and igbodo with a whole other host of them majority of them are pure blood but few are Benin migrant or refugees that sought refugee in Igbo land and they started speaking Igbo and bearing Igbo names

Yes m

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by OmojaOfOwelle: 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
barcanista:
There is no way an average Igbo man will vote for PDP and Jonathan in the forthcoming poll. Eminent Igbo leaders like Owelle Rochas Okorocha, Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige, Dr Ogbonaya Onu etc will ensure that no single Igbo vote reaches PDP. Jokes Apart, Igbos have no reason to vote PDP.

APC is taking over at all levels

Sai Buhari
IsBuhari a change, ? May be i will consider after "fabuhari" 14 lol.
nnadengram:
Ndi Igbo let us vote out incompetence in 2015 and if in 2019 we are not satisfied with Buhari and his APC, we still give them the boot. Our National Assembly should be on standby to impeach any incompetent leader after just two years in office. Our country is not better than Japan that had 7 prime ministers in 8 years.
barcanista:
There is no way an average Igbo man will vote for PDP and Jonathan in the forthcoming poll. Eminent Igbo leaders like Owelle Rochas Okorocha, Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige, Dr Ogbonaya Onu etc will ensure that no single Igbo vote reaches PDP. Jokes Apart, Igbos have no reason to vote PDP.

APC is taking over at all levels

Sai Buhari
IsBuhari a change, ? May be i will consider after "fabuhari" 14 lol.
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Ojiofor: 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
Sibabasibaba1:
I grew up in Aba in its glory days. I was born there and I lived there for 22 years until I left for my NYSC. OP, I do not know how old you are. But if you were up to seven years when Buhari sacked Mbakwe as the governor of the old Imo State and brought Ike Nwachukwu to superintend over us, you would know that it was that day that the rot, in not just Aba but in the whole of the old Imo.

Hold Buhari responsible. He derailed our march ti glory.
you are on point nwanne.the sacking of mbakwe by buhari was the beginning of our problems till date.we need another mbakwe to get it right again.
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by ikechi1000(m): 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
tochex4real:
jonathan will never come to aba because he knows what will follow, watch and see, don't say dat i didn't tell you.
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Eziachi: 11:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
9jaIhail:

Pa Eziachi, lately i observed that you have changed from being whom you are to someone else. However, i still hold you with the highest respect as one reasonable elder. But if i must say the truth, you are becoming bias lately. You can be pro APC or you may have special connection with GMB it's just your personal thing and i have no right to question. But that shouldn't be a reason for someone like you to deny the fact that we igbos are not better served under a clueless GEJ than your almighty GMB.

Asking me about Ihejirika and Barth Nnaji. Both men served under GEJ and came out with their heads high.
I felt bad that you feel this way, but isn't that what being civilize means? That sometimes we agree to disagree. But the good news is that what I am saying today is no different from what I was saying 6 years ago or six months ago.

My main issue as an Igbo man is that I am not happy how our people allowed Jonathan, using some crooked Igbo politicians to manipulate our good nature of brotherhood to sale some fraud that Jonathan presidency is somehow interwovened with the Igbo nation.
I knew for a fact that if an Igbo man was in his position, Ijaw his people will do the opposite.

I had never advocated being a supporter of Buahri or any other Nigerian politician, but what I cannot stand is the lies and propaganda being spread about Buhari as a person which are sometimes absurd, purely based on stereotype, ethnic and religious bigotry. As an Igbo man that lived through the bad times, I knew what it was like to be labelled wrong against what you are not.

Jonathan does not need propaganda to beat Buhari if does his job for six years, but because he is desperate to be just being president, he allowed all sort of characters to suround him, hence no principle, always wanting to please everyone. No leader worth his salt want to please everyone and still remains relevant.

i enjoy this forum simply because I owe non of them loyalty, so I can say things, how I see it and how I feel. Nothing else. Sorry if we had to disagree sometimes.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Eziachi: 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
goodnewz4u:
Abia State is not ruled or lead by PDP, but by Theodore Orji.
So PDP didn't fail Abia (Aba) Theodore Orji failed Abia State.
....So if he wants or decides to work in Abia State, Nobody can stope him.
So it is no longer PDP's government led by TA Orji? I thought that the PDP party presented and sold him to the voters?
In 2011, it was vote GEJ not PDP and this time it's vote PDP and not T.A Orji and cronies. grin grin grin grin
Absolute comedy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Calling Buhari A Masquerade - Read / Umahi Bars APC From Using Abakaliki Stadium For Rally On Saturday.. / Osinbajo Visits Olu Of Warri To Flag Off Tradermoni Scheme In Delta(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.