Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119700 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
UjSizzle:
Biko what camera are you using? cheesy
Nikon D5100.

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
Thanks for the support guys, your kind words keep me going.

8 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
"There is this girl I really like but I can't tell her cos I'm 14 and we are too young but each time she is around, my heart starts beating faster I don't know why" #humansoflagos

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
"My agbalumo is very sweet and natural, I buy it direct from Ibadan and Ilorin, it's better than those ones they import from Benin Republic, they use chemical on those ones" #humansoflagos

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
"I work night shift at a factory, just finished my shift this morning and went straight to the court, basketball is my life, I can't miss training for anything, my brother has gone pro and I want to follow in his footsteps." #HumansOfLagos

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
"I've been painting since 1996, I've trained a lot of boys and they are all doing well. I've painted big big houses and it gives me joy looking at the finished work. I will show you some of them, I snapped it on my phone" #HumansOfLagos

54 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by chukxie(m): 4:27am On Jan 16, 2015
Nice thread! Life's truly beautiful!

8 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Samiceman: 8:07am On Jan 16, 2015
beautiful
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by ashewopeckas(f): 8:31am On Jan 16, 2015
Best thread I have seen on this forum. I love the fact that we are appreciating average Nigerians, people that find joy in what they do and do what makes them happy. They hope to be millionaires and billionaires but not by stealing or adding extra zeros to cheques.

This is truly inspiring and thumbs up to the OP.

BTW, when u go reach PECKAS take our own pishure abi we nor be everyday nigerians too? cheesy

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Bifwoli: 8:31am On Jan 16, 2015
Next project....the mumus of APC in photos.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by boriswole: 8:33am On Jan 16, 2015
Very nice,

Welldone

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 16, 2015
Bifwoli:

Darling....we missed you at the Politics section....
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by hotwax: 8:35am On Jan 16, 2015
Bifwoli:

Must you see politics in everything? Please take your political madness somewhere else!

We are here to enjoy and relax.

So far Lagosians support APC does not mean they are mumu. If you like you can start killing anybody that speaks out against GEJ/PDP.

The truth will always be truth. You cant kill that

28 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by KingBish(f): 8:36am On Jan 16, 2015
Tochiphotos this a very creative idea. With the right publicity (which you've initiated btw) and a good team, you're headed right towards greatness.

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Lovexme(m): 8:38am On Jan 16, 2015
Really inspiring. Where there's life, there's always hope for the future.

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Olutola88(m): 8:39am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"After school, I help my mum sell oranges. I like going to the field cos I sell a lot there and also watch them play football, sometimes I wish I can play with the other children but I can't leave my market to play. When I grow up I want to be a billionaire so my mum won't sell oranges again." #humansoflagos
I didn't know when tears fell from my eyes while I was reading this cry

I Pray and Hope I positively impact millions of lives someday

41 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by jingh(f): 8:39am On Jan 16, 2015
Bifwoli:
your dumbness has reach heaven. smh

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by niggi4life(m): 8:39am On Jan 16, 2015
wow!! This is a great job.. Am following sharply

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by UnknownT: 8:40am On Jan 16, 2015
Flytefalls:
Bravo! I follow HONY but I must say I fully expect the stories of Lagosians (is that correct?) to be just as (possibly more) inspiring cheesy

I agree with above posters, do endeavor to capture people 'being real'/not posing. If permission isn't granted but you feel their story must be told, offer them the option of you capturing a small part of their person/or faced away from the camera to accompany their quotes but retain anonymity smiley. I love what you're doing, keep it up!
you follow HONY on instagram or Twitter, what is their handle
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by tlops(m): 8:40am On Jan 16, 2015
nice project... put of facebook too.. like humans of new york!
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by MsNas(f): 8:40am On Jan 16, 2015
Nigerian HONY. Nice
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by singlefade25(f): 8:41am On Jan 16, 2015
wow
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by 1stola: 8:42am On Jan 16, 2015
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 16, 2015
I love this, keep it coming!
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by adanduka: 8:44am On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:
nice..

i expected sharper pics though

less of poses and more of spontaneity

Please learn how to critique nicely.
There are better ways to make your point.
Eg: Very nice project/ idea
Good pictures too! You can make them sharper.
Would love to see more spontaneous shots. Following...

58 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by pinkyruledworld(m): 8:44am On Jan 16, 2015
Check Out 10 Amazing Street Arts From Around The World

https://www.nairaland.com/2063055/check-out-10-amazing-street
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by kennydee05(m): 8:44am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I want to be a pilot but my dad said no, he doesn't want me to be sent to the north for aviation school cos of insecurity there." #humansoflagos
Brother their is an Aviation College in Ilorin called International Aviation College. You van Google the name for details..

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by nerodenero: 8:46am On Jan 16, 2015
True life stories and happenings that touch the heart.This is so inspiring and away from APC and PDP palaver.

Good job OP,I dont like getting emotional but you almost got me.Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Aylawani: 8:46am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I want to be a pilot but my dad said no, he doesn't want me to be sent to the north for aviation school cos of insecurity there." #humansoflagos

Why the North......when you can do same in Ilorin.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
Hi guys welcome to The humans of Lagos photography thread, my initial plan was to do this project for nairalanders but I had troubles, first with the pm issue they kept me from sending as much mails as I could and secondly most nairlanders I was able to contact declined due to privacy concerns so I decided to take it up a notch, go out on the streets of Lagos and meet random Lagosians, interact with them, take a portrait and share their story.

Humans of Lagos is a street photography project capturing the lives of everyday Lagosians and sharing their story. Inspired by Brandon Stanton's HONY project. Capturing the heart and soul of everyday Lagosians, telling the Lagos story one shutter at a time.

Welcome on board as we start this interesting journey together and please do follow us on instagram http://instagram.com/thehumansoflagos and like our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/humansoflagosng http://www.facebook.com/TochianiPhotography for latest updates.

I love the idea and concept.
its inspiring
#HumansOfLagos

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:

You can always try South Africa.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by frankman365(m): 8:47am On Jan 16, 2015
If I can make it in lagos I can make it anywhere.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.