Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119690 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by davide470(m): 7:41am On Jan 27, 2015
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by UjSizzle(f): 7:58am On Jan 27, 2015
*sighs*
Such inspiring stories from real people

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by tolutweety(m): 8:41am On Jan 27, 2015
CoCoLav:

This is touching cry
Yea.
Felt for him. sad

Can I take you to his place for lunch? cheesy
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by hayor2014(m): 9:25am On Jan 27, 2015
TochiPhotos:

Yea... meanwhile, a couple of people on Instagram said they'd like to contribute and help her start her fish business again, nothing concrete yet aside their comment but I hope it works out.

i feel you should get the phone numbers of these people,a few people might wanna help,so that anyone who is interested can buzz u,get their number or contact details from you and reach these people.....nothing is too small

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by CoCoLav(f): 9:58am On Jan 27, 2015
tolutweety:

Yea.
Felt for him. sad

Can I take you to his place for lunch? cheesy

My lunch break will be over even before we get there angry
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Originalsly: 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I used to sell dried fish but last year on 23rd November I was robbed on my way to buy my market in Ibadan and I didn't have any other money to continue my fish business so I started carrying load(alabaru) for people in Idumota, it's hard work and my body pains me but I take pain medicine everyday. Today is Sunday and there is no market so I sleep here and rest all day and continue work on Monday when market starts. My son is not happy I'm doing this but he just entered polytechnic and can't do anything to help." #HumansOfLagos
This one is a soul ripper. I don't know how OP manage to listen to these heartbreakers....but I'm glad you do. I thought my life was hard..that I was going thru some rough times...but after reading this?....my life has suddenly changed to a bed of roses.

10 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by GIYAZZ(m): 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
Originalsly:
This one is a soul ripper. I don't know how OP manage to listen to these heartbreakers....but I'm glad you do. I thought my life was hard..that I was going thru some rough times...but after reading this?....my life has suddenly changed to a bed of roses.
Hahahaha! That's life for you bro. . .
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
So touching. embarassed
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
hayor2014:

i feel you should get the phone numbers of these people,a few people might wanna help,so that anyone who is interested can buzz u,get their number or contact details from you and reach these people.....nothing is too small
I do that when necessary. For the mama, we're currently working out something for her and I hope it ends well.

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
"I started with selling handkerchiefs, then one woman gave me this chair and I took it to the welder and fixed a tyre and and a carrier for my goods and expanded my market. I've had Polio since I was a child but I didn't let that stop me or turn me to a beggar. Thanks to this business I'm married with 2 kids and this business takes care of my family" #HumansOfLagos

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sholay2011(m): 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I started with selling handkerchiefs, then one woman gave me this chair and I took it to the welder and fixed a tyre and and a carrier for my goods and expanded my market. I've had Polio since I was a child but I didn't let that stop me or turn me to a beggar. Thanks to this business I'm married with 2 kids and this business takes care of my family" #HumansOfLagos
If someone with a physical challenge could still find a way to hustle through a respectable route, what is my excuse?

Also, disability is not inability. Kudos to him. Touching thread.

18 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by otiigba1(m): 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
Ksslib:

This is so touching. I feel for him. Iam also happy that he's very optimistic as to what the future holds for his business.

Pls, those of you in Lag not too far from where this guy sells should patronise him. You get to fill your stomach and same time, help a soul. Jah bless! !
yea? So you want us to eat his food? Eh? Can you not see that its unhygienic? You want us to get food poisoning? angry
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by otiigba1(m): 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
TochiPhotos:

At the end of Ajose Adeogun V.I, you turn left and walk down a bit, he is behind a recharge card seller, the place is like a mini market.
sorry but you won't find me eating his food, make person no get food poisining tongue with that open sewage running under his shop undecided
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by otiigba1(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I don't understand English that much, I've just been in Lagos for 2 years, I'm from Sokoto. My oga just opened my own for me, I used to sale with him. I'm just coming out now, customers will start coming in the evening. My hair is curly but I don't use anything on it, that's how it is from birth." #HumansOfLagos
yea! With that urinating area next to your chicken abi? Chicken Full of bacteria angry

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by otiigba1(m): 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I used to sell dried fish but last year on 23rd November I was robbed on my way to buy my market in Ibadan and I didn't have any other money to continue my fish business so I started carrying load(alabaru) for people in Idumota, it's hard work and my body pains me but I take pain medicine everyday. Today is Sunday and there is no market so I sleep here and rest all day and continue work on Monday when market starts. My son is not happy I'm doing this but he just entered polytechnic and can't do anything to help." #HumansOfLagos
determination! I would like to help this woman start up again in her dry fish buisiness, tochi were can this woman be found? cry

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by otiigba1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I'm from Cameroon, they call me African man. I've been doing reggae for 15 years. My music is not online and I don't want to take it to that level yet, I need 15 more years before I will be ready for that. I currently enjoy the hustle life and going to nearby countries. I've been in Lagos for 6 months and I've been performing in street jams, bars etc." #HumansOfLagos
no worries rasta it took bob Marley years too before he became big, as long as you don't smoke too much weed or drink too much kaikai! grin

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by otiigba1(m): 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
TochiPhotos:
very good! God will bless you very plenty

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
"The highest amount won in my shop is N240,000 that was last December. Between me and you, I won't advice anyone to play this game. It's addictive and it has caused a lot of problem for some people. Some even use the last money on them to play this game but you know I can't turned them back, it's my business and I have to eat" #HumansOfLagos

16 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Wealthyone: 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"The highest amount won in my shop is N240,000 that was last December. Between me and you, I won't advice anyone to play this game. It's addictive and it has caused a lot of problem for some people. Some even use the last money on them to play this game but you know I can't turned them back, it's my business and I have to eat" #HumansOfLagos

Gamblers!!!! Shey u dey hear cheesy No be all dis bet bet (1960bet and co) pple be dis??
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by fredoooooo: 8:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
TochiPhotos:
I no fit laugh jare, dapada owo baba ijebu . Na everybody wan chop adedibu kessington grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 29, 2015
Beautiful thread
Inspiring...even though my heart broke many times reading some

I wish their phone numbers could be posted here.....
...even if is just so I can send them small credit

God bless you OP

You may call what you do work, passion and all that (and it shall be successful, amen)
....but I call it LOVE

I suddenly have a wave of love for this country

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 29, 2015
That woman that lost her fish business and the guy that had to throw away his food really touched my heart. I wish I could do something sad

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Originalsly: 11:51am On Jan 29, 2015
otiigba1:
sorry but you won't find me eating his food, make person no get food poisining tongue with that open sewage running under his shop undecided
Bro you harsh! I guess you paid him a visit to know all that...if not I know devil be your guide! Did you think about advising him to change his location?..instead of making matters worse for him by discouraging others from supporting him? Hmmm....don't know why this post remond me of crabs in a bucket.

13 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2015
Originalsly:
Bro you harsh! I guess you paid him a visit to know all that...if not I know devil be your guide! Did you think about advising him to change his location?..instead of making matters worse for him by discouraging others from supporting him? Hmmm....don't know why this post remind me of crabs in a bucket.
GOD bless u for this

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
"I've been crying for the past few days, I try to be strong but the tears won't stop. They told her to always follow me around in case I try to harm myself. I still can't believe this is how my year started, I still can't believe I lost everything to the fire" #HumansOfLagos

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
"They called me around 4am that my shop was on fire, I immediately woke up my husband and we ran to the shop that early but before we could get there, everything has been consumed, I didn't save a single pin. By now my shop would have been busy with customers but look, it's empty. #HumansOfLagos

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sholay2011(m): 6:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I've been crying for the past few days, I try to be strong but the tears won't stop. They told her to always follow me around in case I try to harm myself. I still can't believe this is how my year started, I still can't believe I lost everything to the fire" #HumansOfLagos
cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Wealthyone: 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"They called me around 4am that my shop was on fire, I immediately woke up my husband and we ran to the shop that early but before we could get there, everything has been consumed, I didn't save a single pin. By now my shop would have been busy with customers but look, it's empty. #HumansOfLagos

May God replenish her.

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by otiigba1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
Originalsly:
Bro you harsh! I guess you paid him a visit to know all that...if not I know devil be your guide! Did you think about advising him to change his location?..instead of making matters worse for him by discouraging others from supporting him? Hmmm....don't know why this post remond me of crabs in a bucket.
yea! Well..you are not a better person either, instead of you advicing him on a better location you are here calling me names, and talking trash about the devil, if ask me I d say you are the devil, you hypocrite!angry
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by otiigba1(m): 8:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
mistytohcute:

GOD bless u for this
God bless him for been a hypocrite undecided
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 30, 2015
I am really sorry for being greedy...
But I need more....

Like a craving, really
(Shrugs)
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by LoveMEBaby(m): 6:08am On Jan 30, 2015
Wealthyone:

Gamblers!!!! Shey u dey hear cheesy No be all dis bet bet (1960bet and co) pple be dis??
shey u sef dey play am ni? why u come know everything

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (31) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.