Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,805 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119696 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Aylawani: 8:48am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"There is this girl I really like but I can't tell her cos I'm 14 and we are too young but each time she is around, my heart starts beating faster I don't know why" #humansoflagos

Please!!!,............Face your study!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Mystic1(m): 8:48am On Jan 16, 2015
kennydee05:

Brother their is an Aviation College in Ilorin called International Aviation College. You van Google the name for details..
The fees for the one in ilorin high oo, not sure if it's same with northern ones.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I love drawing, I'm at my happiest with a pencil in my hand. It's a hobby but I hope to take it serious and get better at it" #humansoflagos
tochi share dis chick connect with me na!me too na artist,I go like improve her skills for free.

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by kdfemi(m): 8:51am On Jan 16, 2015
Bifwoli:
Next project....the mumus of APC in photos.
see dis guy were u see political matter for here, use brain now we're all trying to enjoy nature and u r spoiling it wit political bull shit...and nice thread here, it is really inspiring..thanks so much

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by PeaceIsGood: 8:55am On Jan 16, 2015
This is beautiful. Very creative and beautiful.
Consider using the hashtag well and write the 'Humans of lagos' in a place it can be well read while you're editing the pictures. (I just hope you understand what I mean @op). Just my 2cents.
Keep up the good idea.

#HumansOfLagos
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Mystic1(m): 8:56am On Jan 16, 2015
Aylawani:

Mr. Calm down. Having affection for the opposite sex isn't a thing of choice. It just happens irrespective of our age, its an inexplicable chemistry. Meanwhile the lad didn't say he isn't facing his studies neither did he say the girl in question is his GF, the op only took an 'interesting quote' from the many things he must have said, I guess that's the aim of #HumansOfLagos

25 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 16, 2015
Aylawani:

grin
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:02am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
Hi guys welcome to The humans of Lagos photography thread, my initial plan was to do this project for nairalanders but I had troubles, first with the pm issue they kept me from sending as much mails as I could and secondly most nairlanders I was able to contact declined due to privacy concerns so I decided to take it up a notch, go out on the streets of Lagos and meet random Lagosians, interact with them, take a portrait and share their story.

By far one of the best threads I have opened and read in a long time and certainly the best so far this year.
Pictures do speak a thousand words and when you read the text, and reconnect it to the picture, you do realize that we are all human - with fears,dreams, aspirations, struggles, friendships, insecurities. The rawness of both the picture and the story are just amazing. Well done Tochi!

18 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by floragregs(f): 9:03am On Jan 16, 2015
This is nice! A good break from the yeye news I have been reading! Its just calms u down like watching a comedy film after a horror movie! Good one tochiphotos.

7 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 16, 2015
UnknownT:
you follow HONY on instagram or Twitter, what is their handle

http://www.humansofnewyork.com
Insta; humansofny
Also on fb.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by richfaxy: 9:08am On Jan 16, 2015
I love the idea behind this project. It opens your eyes to see what people go thru daily.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Truckpusher(m): 9:09am On Jan 16, 2015
If my caracta and ujsizzle aren't captured in these photos, it then means that this project haven't started yet. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by streetzdreamz(m): 9:10am On Jan 16, 2015
For all d yearz av spent on nairaland,dis here is d best thread/topic av encountered,a mixture of pain,wishes,happiness,sadness and hope,the pictures are quite touching,motivating and captivating,thumbs up man,u just made ma day.

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by mtprofessor5(m): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2015
Was just smiling through out
Following
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nelsizzy(m): 9:14am On Jan 16, 2015
Definitely following this. Creative concept
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by UjSizzle(f): 9:15am On Jan 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
If my caracta and ujsizzle aren't captured in these photos, it then means that this project haven't started yet. cheesy
Lmao!!! grin

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by DAVE5(m): 9:15am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
Thanks for the support guys, your kind words keep me going.

Words can't say how much I love this ur work & thread, more grease to ur elbow.

I almost dropped tears when I read some of the stories

God bless u and ur family...

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by pickabeau1: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2015
adanduka:

Please learn how to critique nicely.
There are better ways to make your point.
Eg: Very nice project/ idea
Good pictures too! You can make them sharper.
Would love to see more spontaneous shots. Following...

Dude....you said exactly what I said in a verbose manner

LoL

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Pinkiedearie(f): 9:17am On Jan 16, 2015
:DWow.!..this is cool..expoosing us to the world of hustling..

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Iranoladun(f): 9:19am On Jan 16, 2015
Nice concept.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Segziee(f): 9:19am On Jan 16, 2015
One of the best thread so far....#Thumbs Up#

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Truckpusher(m): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2015
UjSizzle:

Lmao!!! grin
Eh! My sister that wouldn't let me fly .

How market? grin

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by blakky97(m): 9:21am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"After school, I help my mum sell oranges. I like going to the field cos I sell a lot there and also watch them play football, sometimes I wish I can play with the other children but I can't leave my market to play. When I grow up I want to be a billionaire so my mum won't sell oranges again." #humansoflagos
now this is streets. not aviation stuff.

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2015
Brilliant
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by DrTeeee(m): 9:23am On Jan 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
indeed! tongue we must see you pushing the truck o!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by MrEdimulo82(m): 9:25am On Jan 16, 2015
nice, creative , inspiring and absolutely brilliant! You will need to improve more your images and should have covered your project to a phase before publishing that gives right to your intellectual property, so no one takes the credit.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by UjSizzle(f): 9:26am On Jan 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
Eh! My sister that wouldn't let me fly .

How market? grin
Hehehehe tongue

Market dey sell well jare. How's the hustle and truck pushing business?

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by jacabi(m): 9:26am On Jan 16, 2015
floragregs:
This is nice! A good break from the yeye news I have been reading! Its just calms u down like watching a comedy film after a horror movie! Good one tochiphotos.
At least not like the yeye news and lies coming out from the camp of our greedy and selfish Politicians.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Truckpusher(m): 9:27am On Jan 16, 2015
DrTeeee:
indeed! tongue we must see you pushing the truck o!!!
Yeso. cheesy

I want to change my primary job description from truckpushing to ladyhumping. tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by floragregs(f): 9:30am On Jan 16, 2015
jacabi:

At least not like the yeye news and lies coming out from the camp of our greedy and selfish Politicians.
I dey tell u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.