Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119695 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
"My Ram's name is Badoo, he is not really as strong as the other fighting Rams but I decided to train him and see if he can be as strong as the others. The other option was to sell him and buy a stronger one but I like him too much to sell him. He likes listening to music and if you see him listening to a song you'd think he understands what they are saying."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by donsmall94(m): 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"My Ram's name is Badoo, he is not really as strong as the other fighting Rams but I decided to train him and see if he can be as strong as the others. The other option was to sell him and buy a stronger one but I like him too much to sell him. He likes listening to music and if you see him listening to a song you'd think he understands what they are saying."

See Pacquaio of Ram's abeg where there Mayweather?
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by latissimusDorsi: 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
See Pacquaio of Ram's abeg where there Mayweather?

Lol...u no serious

no b only Mayweather, na BASH ALI grin
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
I have two daughters(twins) I didn't know existed till recently. I wouldn't have known if someone had not told me they saw a picture of my 'ex' with 2 girls who looked exactly like me.
I got a girl pregnant14 years ago when I went to Abuja to spend the holiday with my Sister. We were both teenagers and inexperienced, we spent so much time together and one day one thing led to the other and we had sex. It was both our first time and we didn't know what we were doing.
When her parents found out, her senator father threatened to kill me if they ever see me, they said they would rather abort the pregnancy than let their daughter have a baby for someone from a poor home with no background. Some days later she came and told me her mum took her to a hospital and the pregnancy was terminated, I cried so much that day. She also told me her dad was seriously looking for me to arrest me and they asked her to say I raped her but she refused.
Apparently, they lied to me about the abortion, there was no abortion. She was sent abroad and she had the babies there. They are still abroad and I don't know if they even know about me.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2015
"People act surprised when I tell them I do music and even more when I tell them it's hip hop, they think I'm too quiet and shy for that.
I started doing music in my teens, it was always music or nothing.The big breakthrough did not come and after school I had to go and get a job to put food on the table. The job was too demanding and I quit after sometime and learnt how to cut hair. I've been a barber for years now, it's more peaceful and gives me enough time to do other things. I still do my music on the side and hope to become a star one day.
I have two teenage daughters, I haven't met them yet and I honestly don't know how I would react when I meet them but I know I won't feel good if I meet them in my present situation. I want to be able to provide for and take care of them. I want them to be proud of me when we meet, I don't want them to feel they were better off not having me in their life."

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
I've been in this business for close to 12 years, it doesn't move as it used to when I started but I still have my customers. My selling point is my good taste in music, I personally select the songs myself and I've never given someone a song and they complain.
I don't think I would have lasted long in this business if I wasn't a music lover. In the beginning before I got used to walking long distance each day, it was playing my favorite songs that kept me moving.
I don't see myself stopping anytime soon but if I have to, it's either to become a dj or open a big shop and become a marketer.

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
As a child I got taunted a lot for my height. Back then there was this general belief people as tall as I was were stupid. I was called all sorts of names, I often laughed it off but it got to me. I hated myself, I hated going out in public, honestly, if there was anything I could have done then to reduce my height, I would have done it, it was that bad.
I got tired of everything and the only thing I thought about was leaving this country and going to America. Then in CKC I started playing football, I was lanky then and was barely used but the thought of getting better and stronger gave me a reason to look forward to each day. After secondary school I went to Lagos, worked in factories for some time and finally got the opportunity to travel to America.
In America, things were different, basketball was the no one sports, I was quickly switched from football to basketball and also given a scholarship. I was loved because of my height, I was treated like a king and that's how the story changed."

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by donsmall94(m): 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"Before the final, our coach brought some of our Alumni to talk to us. He told us how they all started, how difficult it was in the beginning for the girls team. How some of the parents chased their children out and told him to keep them cos they were playing football and the parents believed girls are not supposed to play football. He told us about Yetunde Adebajo and Opeyemi Ayeonibre they started from our school and have gone ahead to represent Nigeria in the women's youth world cup and so many others that are playing professional football now. He said we shouldn't let anyone discourage from us from following our dreams and one day we will become stars and he will tell others about us. I dedicate my medal to him."
That's Ishola Habibat, I watched their match today on Supersport 9 and I was proud I belong to NL for allowing me know one of the players on field, I proudly showed her picture to people we watched the match together. @tochiphotos
Good work bro the captain of the team would have been appreciated too. I loved their match.
Continue in Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
donsmall94:

Thanks bro.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
I came back in the early 2000s after spending 25 years in America, I came home to start a basketball academy. Basketball changed my life and I wanted to help change the lives of tall lanky boys who are called stupid and lazy because of their height. It's not just tall lanky boys but anyone out there who dreams to become a basketball superstar. I did not have this kind of opportunity when I was young and I'm glad I'm able to help others live their dream.
We are about boarding a bus to Abuja, my team is participating in a basketball clinic, their will be many NBA scouts there and I hope my players perform well, get picked and join the over 100 players Raptors basketball academy has sent to the US since it was founded.

7 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
"My favorite super heroes are Swifty and Big boy, my son loves comic books and super heroes and he is the one that introduced me to comics. He is also the reason I'm here today, he is a beneficiary of UKFs scholarship. When he first told me about the UKF library and him been shortlisted for a scholarship exam, I was skeptical I thought it would end with us been asked to pay but they did not. He came tops in the exam and has been on full scholarship since then.
One day I went to visit the library, he has said so much about the library and I wasn't disappointed when I got there. I was captivated with what I saw, I loved the whole idea and I immediately volunteered and I'm now part of the team helping in my own little way to give these kids a better tomorrow.
I'm arranging comic books inside the goody bags that will be given to the school kids here for the UKF worldreader eBook launch and I'm sure they can't wait to open it"

6 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Originalsly: 4:29am On Jun 13, 2015
TochiPhotos:

Apparently, they lied to me about the abortion, there was no abortion. She was sent abroad and she had the babies there. They are still abroad and I don't know if they even know about me.

This info is haunting this guy...is like he cannot get closure until he meets his daughters. Whatever lie the mother told them about their father....I hope she can bear the backlash when the kids find out the truth. On his part...he should know that the kids wouldn't care a damn about what job he does....meeting their father would be priority one, two and three.

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by WhyNa: 9:15am On Jun 13, 2015
Originalsly:
This info is haunting this guy...is like he cannot get closure until he meets his daughters. Whatever lie the mother told them about their father....I hope she can bear the backlash when the kids find out the truth. On his part...he should know that the kids wouldn't care a damn about what job he does....meeting their father would be priority one, two and three.

Everything you've said is true but on the other side, if these kids and the babe wasn't in yankee now, do you think he would give a damn?
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Originalsly: 9:54am On Jun 13, 2015
WhyNa:

Everything you've said is true but on the other side, if these kids and the babe wasn't in yankee now, do you think he would give a damn?
I think so..... because he is interested in the kids only...and is like saying the babe...his ticket to yankee...is wicked. I would say he is even sad that they are abroad because there is nothing he can do to see them......even if his situation gets much better.

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
"I came third in my class last term, my daddy didn't buy me anything but he said he will buy me something if I take first position this term. My daddy doesn't beat me because I'm a good girl and also because I'm like his mother. I'm named after my Grandmother and when she died my dad said I'm now his mother."

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
"I want to be a footballer and a musician when I grow up. My favorite song is shoki and I also know how to dance it, let me show you."

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Joboms(m): 9:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I want to be a footballer and a musician when I grow up. My favorite song is shoki and I also know how to dance it, let me show you."

I love this cheesy
U doin a great work Tochi

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
"I want to be a footballer and a musician when I grow up. My favorite song is shoki and I also know how to dance it, let me show you.."

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
Joboms:

I love this cheesy
U doin a great work Tochi
Thanks bro.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by daveP(m): 11:56am On Jun 15, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"One of my best moments this year was when someone complimented my intelligence. We had finished talking about something, she was surprised at how intelligent the conversation was and told me she never knew I had something upstairs.
That's one misconception people always have about me, when they see me, they assume all I have to offer is a fine face and nothing else, I feel bad about that and I try as much as possible to prove them wrong. I'm a hardworking guy and I would want to be remembered for my work and achievements not just as that 'fine boy'."

(smooches beard, looks@ his post, then places an asterisk on "him"winksoon. Very soon!!
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
shawnfamous:
taekwon! If u started taekwondo dis year u will not make any medal, I particapated in d competition 2! At surelere teslim balogun, bt wch. dressing room did u stay? I'm nt sure thrs any dressing room thr! Cos its was done indoor! And next time u see us we athlete seating/waiting wen its our category fighting! Sorry better luck next time! Hope 2 c u in panamai or ccsf so wch weight do u fight?

Taekwon Mate! Can you update me with information about any upcoming competitions in Lagos and it's neigbouring states? I was supposed to be in this contest too, but I felt I wasn't fit enough to take a shot. Plus, I didn't want to go in for MiddleWeight so I thought I'd be able to drop to Welter or Feather but e no easy mehn! sad
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by shawnfamous(m): 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
laykorn:

Taekwon Mate! Can you update me with information about any upcoming competitions in Lagos and it's neigbouring states? I was supposed to be in this contest too, but I felt I wasn't fit enough to take a shot. Plus, I didn't want to go in for MiddleWeight so I thought I'd be able to drop to Welter or Feather but e no easy mehn! sad
hahaahhahahaha e no easy 2! I am currently at d Agoma open at delta state! Opening ceremony is next 2mrw! Fighting heavy weight! Its nt easy shedding! No much pple at middle heavy! Better luck 2 u
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
"Years back while working for the British high commission, a youth corper came to us looking for how to get aids for the community she was posted to. I set out to Yola to verify and find ways to help, I was shocked when I got to Koma, the people still wore leaves and walked around naked. There was no form of civilization there.
I went back and called up the German and Canadian high commissions and they joined hands with the British high commission and built a hospital, a school and provided clean drinking water for the community. It's the most significant thing I've done in my life and nothing felt better than seeing the joy on their face when we finished the project."

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sholay2011(m): 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"Years back while working for the British high commission, a youth corper came to us looking for how to get aids for the community she was posted to. I set out to Yola to verify and find ways to help, I was shocked when I got to Koma, the people still wore leaves and walked around naked. Their was no form of civilization there.
I went back and called up the German and Canadian high commissions and they joined hands with the British high commission and built a hospital, a school and provided clean drinking water for the community. It's the most significant thing I've done in my life and nothing felt better than seeing the joy on their face when we finished the project."
God bless that youth corps member.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
"I remembered all the dance steps our Aunty(Teacher) taught us but I forgot to prostate at the end but she said I still did well".

11 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
"*Girl* We performed well but I was the only one that tried, he doesn't know how to dance. *Boy* She is Fulani and I'm not that's why she knows how to do the routine, I only know how to dance hip hop."

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
"*HOL* Why did you choose this costume?
It's not me that picked it, our big Aunty(school Teacher) gave it to me but I like it cos my Grand Pa was a policeman and each time I go to his house, he shows me his police pictures and tells me stories."

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by goodgate: 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"After school, I help my mum sell oranges. I like going to the field cos I sell a lot there and also watch them play football, sometimes I wish I can play with the other children but I can't leave my market to play. When I grow up I want to be a billionaire so my mum won't sell oranges again." #humansoflagos
NO FEAR GOD DEY!!! I see a DANGOTE in YOU!

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
"The name of our dance is Atilogwu, we didn't do the acrobatic and lifting routine but we did every other thing."

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Missyetty(f): 9:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
Welldone bro, you are doing a great work here, the stories are so captivating and touching.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by ireneidiva(f): 7:21am On Jun 21, 2015
Lovely costumes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.