Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119847 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
Wow! Wow! Wow!

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by curiouses: 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
TochiPhotos:
Yesterday we shared the story of Tobi the street artist who painted an amazing portrait of Banky W. With the help of our lovely followers on Instagram we tagged and mentioned Banky W till he saw it and he loved it and today met Tobi today and bought the portrait. We wish Tobi well and hope this is the start of something great for him. To everyone out there doing something good and not been noticed, just keep working hard and one day your light will shine. Keep doing your thing and you'll one day get to the top where you belong #HumansOfLagos www.thehumansoflagos.com

Wow!!! You deserve some cut man! Good you!

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
curiouses:

Wow!!! You deserve some cut man! Good you!

Smh I believe he is not doing this for the monetary gain sweedie. His reward, money cannot buy.
@Tochi, keep doing good and don't focus on "what's in it for you"

8 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sholay2011(m): 7:36pm On Feb 05, 2015
TochiPhotos:
Yesterday we shared the story of Tobi the street artist who painted an amazing portrait of Banky W. With the help of our lovely followers on Instagram we tagged and mentioned Banky W till he saw it and he loved it and today met Tobi today and bought the portrait. We wish Tobi well and hope this is the start of something great for him. To everyone out there doing something good and not been noticed, just keep working hard and one day your light will shine. Keep doing your thing and you'll one day get to the top where you belong #HumansOfLagos www.thehumansoflagos.com
Oh my God!!!! shocked Banky actually got his portrait! This is amazing. Tochi, you may not know the extent to which this photography stuff will change some people's lives but what every man sows, he shall surely reap.

God bless you and the others that made Banky aware of this guy and his fantastic artwork. Changing the world (positively) can't be greater than this...it all starts with changing your 'little' surrounding: the people, the lives, the philosophy etc.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Aspireahead(m): 7:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
TochiPhotos:
God go bless you soteeeeey....u go tire ro receivam.

6 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by curiouses: 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2015
Euma:

Smh I believe he is not doing this for the monetary gain sweedie. His reward, money cannot buy.
@Tochi, keep doing good and don't focus on "what's in it for you"

Why shaking your head.....It's just an opinion.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by zbone(m): 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
great job guys, (Mr touchi and co). Welldone
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by chukwusi(m): 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
this is what MJ sang about. heal the world make it a better place. contribute your quota ...
I love this. every body has a story to tell. especially the primitive society...

thanks for making me think about my life. u made me realise my purpose...

helping people

7 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sheedy407(m): 11:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mr Tochi, im impressed with your work, u can contact me via @sheedy407 so I give u my phone number so I can assist u in getting a tv space in other to gain more popularity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 1:45am On Feb 06, 2015
As usual, I came, I saw, I cried
....but in a good way
Love unlimited abounds on this thread....I like it, it is naicccee!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by ijbeauty(f): 7:01am On Feb 06, 2015
Tochi, may God continue to bless you and all those who work and help positively on this project......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
TochiPhotos:
wowww, Wonderful work.. weldone... God don butter tochi's bread oo, soon he will get more customers...Na so God dey take bless person oo, e go just be like magic.. Expecting my own mega blessing soon cool cool smiley

Op, soon Nigerians will start hustling to get interviews with you, trust Nigerians grin grin... Seeing the type of publicity and benefits it accords cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by gentlechyke(m): 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
Tochi is really living the life. I have learnt alot here more than i wished to know in tertiary institution. some people are born with golden spoon and some with chopsticks, while most with bare hands.but I jst have to be the blacksmith that can help those with bare hands...
almost lost hope of helping people due to surrounding circumstances, bt since i followed this thread, i"m reviving the flame.Tochi keep the flame alife

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
Thanks for the encouragement guys... Your kind words keep me going.

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
"I just finished selling my market for today, after closing each day, I come to the bridge in the evening to relax and watch the Oyibo men do their speed boat race. They race from Falomo side and pass here to that other bridge and return again. They continue till it's dark. I enjoy watching them and sometimes imagine how it would be like to drive the speed boats." www.thehumansoflagos.com

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Wealthyone: 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I just finished selling my market for today, after closing each day, I come to the bridge in the evening to relax and watch the Oyibo men do their speed boat race. They race from Falomo side and pass here to that other bridge and return again. They continue till it's dark. I enjoy watching them and sometimes imagine how it would be like to drive the speed boats." www.thehumansoflagos.com

What does he sell?
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Originalsly: 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
Wow!...I did expect Banky to get that portrait...but damn!...not so fast!...looks like as soon as he saw it he dropped what he was doing and dashed out to get it! That's very cool! @Tochi...love that you just did not come and make a report that Banky bought it....but you took this invaluable photo. Have your signature on it at all times before someone else use it to get in the spotlight.

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 07, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I don't have a nickname yet but I might consider professor of rats. I started doing this business 4 years ago when I finished school. Then I started by buying the rat poisons in the market and reselling but people complained that it wasn't effective so after some time, I went to research and I setup my own lab and I produce mine now and it's 100% effective and I get food feedback just ask around. About my style of dress, I just decided to stand out and add a little comedy and fun when I'm out there and it makes people notice my market. Some people notice my dressing first and when they come close they see I'm selling rat poison and most do buy so I'll say the marketing strategy is successful." www.thehumansoflagos.com
Saw this man at Balogun market yesterday. . really funny looking... grin
Wish him God's speed at selling his rat poison smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by tolutweety(m): 9:19am On Feb 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Saw this man at Balogun market yesterday. ...

U sef don dey go Balogun market.
Pls stay one place o,I no fit find person o.This is lagos,not ph undecided angry

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 07, 2015
tolutweety:

U sef don dey go Balogun market.
Pls stay one place o,I no fit find person o.This is lagos,not ph undecided angry
grin grin grin I'm exploring Lagos joor.. Things are quite cheap there.. My nxt target is trade fair cheesy cheesy

Don't worry, you won't find me smiley smiley
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 07, 2015
Tochi, Nice and inspiring work you have here.

Continue following. smiley
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Jamean(f): 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2015
Internet Lagos explorer, sha buy reach me o. cheesy
Anyways, Trade fair is overrated. Who no go, no know. undecided

MarvellousGod:
grin grin grin I'm exploring Lagos joor.. Things are quite cheap there.. My nxt target is trade fair cheesy cheesy

Don't worry, you won't find me smiley smiley
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jamean:
Internet Lagos explorer, sha buy reach me o. cheesy
Anyways, Trade fair is overrated. Who no go, no know. undecided

Lols. .. The peanut them dey pay me won't be enough for us embarassed

Na person tell me about t/f, will go and see what's up there... not so far from my house. ..
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Jamean(f): 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ok dear. I will talk to management to increase it to kolanut cheesy.

MarvellousGod:
Lols. .. The peanut them dey pay me won't be enough for us embarassed

Na person tell me about t/f, will go and see what's up there... not so far from my house. ..
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jamean:
Ok dear. I will talk to management to increase it to kolanut cheesy.

mba oooo... I want to be paid 'criminally' like the politheifians... cheesy cheesy

Let's continue in our chat room so that we don't derail this beautiful thread... smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2015
"Internet has stolen a lot of my customers especially the younger ones who prefer to read online copies but I have my regular customers they prefer buying the books. I love reading and I've read lots and lots of books across all genre. My favorite author is the late Myles Munroe, his books have really helped me in life. When he died I felt like I lost a family member, I revered him. He was my mentor." www.thehumansoflagos.com

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
"I can't see myself doing any other business asides this, I've come to fall in love with books and I no longer see reading as a task. If I had this mindset and love for reading when I was young I would have gone far. I've read lots of books and the knowledge I've acquired since I started this business years ago I wouldn't have in any University. I don't have any regrets even tho I would have loved to go to Uni and study marketing just that there was no money to further after my Secondary school. School is important and I'll make sure my children have the best education they can get just that most youths don't read to learn they just read to pass and get a certificate they can't defend. I read to learn more and understand the world around me. Even as I'm talking to you now I'm learning from you, you never stop learning. I don't want to brag but believe me I can hold my own against any graduate even a masters degree holder." www.thehumansoflagos.com

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by bukatyne(f): 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
Wonderful job Tochi

God bless you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 08, 2015
Wow
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 08, 2015
Loving this thread!! I am of mixed origin and live in India, this project with the little stories behind each picture makes me feel connected !! smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 08, 2015
Mmmmmm
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Pukka36(f): 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2015
God bless U Tochi for touching lives!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Memoirs From Chile / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.