|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1,930,240 members, 3,976,671 topics. Date: Monday, 18 December 2017 at 07:39 PM
2017/2018 Agip Oil And Gas Local And International Postgraduate Scholarship / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! / 2015 NNPC/ESSO (exxonmobil) International Postgraduate Scholarship (1) (2) (3) (4)
|International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 2:24pm On Jan 11, 2015|
I will be providing details and links to several International Postgraduate Scholarships for which Nigerians are eligible to apply as I find them.
I will also be providing guidance to help you apply properly and stand out to increase your chances of being selected within the ambit of time.
You will need to follow my moniker to keep abreast of these opportunities as I will be creating a new thread for each of these opportunities.
Young academics and people already engaged in an organisation will have preference as these scholarship are mainly targeted at people already in academics and people who work with NGO's and research institutes.
Please bear in mind that some of these opportunities will have a very tight time frame for application and as such you should have some documents and statements at the ready for easy completion of applications.
GOD bless your hustle!
To start with you should have
1. Clean photocopies and scanned copies of your transcripts (needless to say at this point that you should have secured a 2.1 in your undergraduate studies - hard luck to peeps with lower classes of degree, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If you're still in college and yet to graduate and interested in furthering your studies outside the country, all expense paid, slow down on the girls, alcohol and parties and get your hustle on!)
2. Clean photocopies and scanned copies of all your certificates (SSCE, BSc, MSc, PhD, Birth Cert, LGA, etc).
3. Get an International passport ready (Gotta have some faith! - prepare a scanned copy of the data page)
4. Get a TOEFL or any other English proficiency certificate (Not terribly important but some schools will require them).
5. You might need to secure admission before you can apply for some opportunities (I will be doing a write-up on how to easily secure postgraduate admissions if I can get my lazy a** up to doing it) - START APPLYING NOW!!! ADMISSIONS CAN DE DEFERRED PENDING SECURING FUNDING. Finally got round to doing it. Here http://www.nairaland.com/2139721/easiest-way-secure-post-graduate#30591233
6. A scanned passport photograph.
7. A one-page (at most 2-page) CV...Keep it simple highlighting your qualifications and achievements.
8. Start working on a motivational statement (Not always required though). This should ideally be a one-page document that tells your story. The story should highlight your background, challenges faced in reaching where you are now and how you surmounted them. What drives you to graduate studies and why you think you deserve to be given the award. It shouldn't exactly be a sob-story but it helps if you can move your reader emotionally or compassionately...as long as you can get your reader to identify with you then you're good to go.
Read and edit, give to someone to read and edit. You can always modify the original to fit a different application.
9. Compress your scanned files to less than 200kb but make sure to keep the clarity of the text. It should still be legible (size matters when you're ready to upload). Have both .jpg and .pdf file types.
10. It will help you very significantly if you have referees you can disturb for an urgent reference. For this, I will suggest young PhD's in you school who have online presence. Most times, references are required to fill-out the forms online but if it has to be a hard copy you should have someone you can give a draft you wrote yourself for her/him to just append her/his signature. DON'T FORGET to use different types of envelopes and hand-writings to pen the address(They like and respect confidentiality and the aim will be defeated if they find out the hand-writing is the same across the application forms and referees reports!!!.
I will be updating this parent post with other pointers when I remember them.
Questions are welcome and other experienced go-getters are welcome to contribute as well.
As to why I'm doing this...
I hold a PhD by the special grace of God. I have been to three countries in three continents all by just knowing one Person. My BSc, MSc and PhD are from Nigeria but I carried out the research for the Masters and Doctorate in South Africa, Scotland and the United States. And oh, did I mention that I am a Fulbright Scholar?
All things are possible to them that believe. #JustBelieve
So this is sort of like my 'giving back' to the community.
NB: A lot of these opportunities are yearly programmes, so if you miss out this year's you can always prepare for the next installment.
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 10:19am On Jan 12, 2015|
First Opportunity here:
All the best!
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by Perotti: 11:15pm On Jan 13, 2015|
@Op..kudos to the good job. Pls o u have any info for scholarships for Agricultural Biotechnology at MSc level? Thanks
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 7:41am On Jan 14, 2015|
Perotti:Sholarships abound for agricultural scientists. Not too sure about the biotech though...I'll do a thread for Agric before the week runs out...stay tuned.
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2015|
Opportunity in University of Oulu, Finland.
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2015|
The $100 Million Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2015|
OPEC Fund for International Development
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2015|
Trust Africa Scholarships: Loughborough University
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 5:11pm On Feb 03, 2015|
Masters Scholarships: The Swedish Institute
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by Ccanyanwu(m): 11:52am On Feb 05, 2015|
thank you very much sir lobell for the effort you are putting in in making sure young aspiring Nigerian graduates like us further our post graduate education in our universities overseas .may the good lord richly bless you .your work is not unnoticed and i truly appreciate it. sir Please I would like to have more info on how I can easily get admission for masters program in these foreign universities. you said you were going to make a write up on that and I'm patiently waiting. I just finished my first degree in electronic and computer engineering. this is my email sir firstname.lastname@example.org. you can Please send me yours so that we talk more. my number is 07033548895.God bless you sir
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2015|
Thanks for your kind words. I haven't entirely forgotten about the plan for the best way to get admissions. I've been a little too busy and stressed. But now that you've mentioned it, I'll see what I can put up before the end of this month.
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by Ccanyanwu(m): 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2015|
@ sir lobell, Thanks a lot. your efforts are immensely appreciated. you're doing us good.
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by husseinjnr: 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2015|
@lobell, great job. God bless you.
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 9:48am On Feb 06, 2015|
Pan African University Scholarships
This one is very URGENT!!!
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 9:59am On Feb 06, 2015|
Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarships (ESED)
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 9:43am On Feb 19, 2015|
Phd Scholarship Positions For Developing Countries In Germany And Others
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 9:56am On Feb 19, 2015|
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
All the best!!!
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 10:03am On Feb 19, 2015|
VLIR Scholarships In Belgium For International Students From Developing Countries
The time-frame here is quite tight...if you don't make it this year you can always prepare for the next installment.
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by Scholarships: 6:21am On Feb 20, 2015|
Sir Lobell, may God bless you abundantly for this selfless service.
I just graduated and would be going for NYSC this May. Please, when exactly is the right time for me to start applying for masters scholarships?
I'm also confused as to whether I should write the TOEFL or GRE. I would be glad if you could clarify me on these issues.
God bless you, sir.
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 11:29am On Feb 23, 2015|
African Pathways Scholarships - South Africa
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 11:33am On Feb 23, 2015|
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 11:39am On Feb 23, 2015|
Ernst Mach grants
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2015|
Victoria Masters By Thesis & Phd Scholarships - New Zealand
cconcept kindly take note.
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2015|
Ok. Sorry about getting back to you late...Firstly, Congratulations on your successful graduation. This is the best time to start talking to potential supervisors about accepting you into their research groups like I mentioned here http://www.nairaland.com/2139721/easiest-way-secure-post-graduate. This is because some scholarship programs will require that you already have secured admissions as part of your application documents.
Secondly, the more applications you can get out the better because you never know which will work out in your favour.
Thirdly, the choice of TOEFL or GRE depends on several factors which I think I have enumerated in my parent post. GRE is strictly for the United States which is required by almost all their graduate schools while TOEFL, though designed for the US, is compulsory simply because English is not your mother tongue and can also be used in place of IELTS in the UK.
I wish you all the very best in your endeavour!
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 5:06pm On Feb 23, 2015|
Quota Scholarship Scheme for Developing Countries - Norway
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by ElDeeVee(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2015|
hello all, I ve secured 2 admissions in UK....I need info on UK scholarship... please help if u av any important info
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by Ukeachu1(m): 5:39pm On Feb 23, 2015|
wat a lovely thread but nairalanders prefer thrash. my eyes are on u sir. *mentorship*.
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 9:55pm On Feb 23, 2015|
ElDeeVee:Have you identified and spoken with prospective supervisors about your need for scholarships? That should be your starting point.
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by ElDeeVee(m): 6:26am On Feb 24, 2015|
lobell:Yea, I've identified with dem....I'm just in need of as many scholarships as possible coz d tuition no b joke o
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 7:28am On Feb 24, 2015|
ElDeeVee:Right, so you need to take their suggestions and take a look also at the commonwealth scholarship opportunity I posted here. If your coursemis engineering-based and you can justify how it will fit the oil and gas industry, then you should look at PTDF Nigeria. They should be making calls for applications anytime now.
Stay tuned to this thread as something might just come up...all the best.
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by ElDeeVee(m): 7:50am On Feb 24, 2015|
lobell:Aiit thanks for ur great work....God bless
|Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell2: 10:12am On Mar 07, 2015|
Sorry for the long absence, SPAMBOT has been deleting my posts and threads and banning me each time...MODS kindly help get it sorted. Thanks
Jamb’s Computer-based Test Will Curb Exam Malpractice, Says Registrar / The Polytechnic Ibadan Now Release Part Time Admission Status For 2011/2012 / Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120