Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri (51419 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole And Rochas Okorocha In Imo State (Photo) / Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas / Amaechi And Rochas Fighting At APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by bashydemy(m): 4:45pm On Jan 12, 2015
I am trying to upload pictures with my phone but can't can someone add me on BBM and i'll send them to him/her
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by Abagworo(m): 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
Eziachi:
What do you need pictures for when you can watch it live of Channels TV now as it happens? Am watching it now here in Kent in a full screen tV.

You can only see inside the stadium on TV. The entire streets around the stadium are filled to the brim.

2 Likes

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by bashydemy(m): 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
Pic

3 Likes

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by Eziachi: 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
teufelein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgyQEr51goM

PDPThe Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said it will indeed head to court to seek redress over the controversy surrounding the credentials of the opposition candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, which they have insisted he provide.
“The party is going to court,” Director of PDP Campaign Council (Southwest), Akin Osuntokun, said on Sunrise Daily on Monday, noting that it was a topical issue.
Osuntokun, who appeared on the programme to discuss the 2015 elections, as well as espouse the achievements of the Goodluck Jonathan led administration, insisted that General Buhari’s failure to present his certificate implied that he had none.

So when they see this certificate, what will they do next?
Begging for your serial losing opponent to be disqualified is hardly demonstration of self confident.

2 Likes

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by tuncy(m): 4:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
YNeme3E:
I aint a fan of buhari, neither am I of GEJ, buh GEJ is the lesser of the two evils..., and by the way all these buharians, how sure are u that buhari will better nigeria eh? Forget all these his baseless promises about jobs, security and what not, Buhari will not move Nigeria forward,, no way,.. he has been running for president since 1999 or so, and he has always lost,, he loses for a reason,,, nature forbids him as the next nigerian president, he will lose again,, contest in 2019 and lose again, contest in 2023 and lose again, and I heard he is sick, I don't want anoda yar adua repeat ooo, our president should have a WAEC certificate, and be healthy.. U guys think buhari is pulling crowd,, wait till GEJ does his rally in owerri...

My appeal to you and all of ur kind that don't av a stand on who to vote for! Stay off political thread you a more of a nuisance!

Your silence will do a lot of nigerians good dan ds ur Nebusite post u just typed!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by ibnjarir93(m): 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
berem:
but that's the truth,isn't it?
Home truths.
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by ogene007: 4:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
Support for Rochas does not translate to support for Bokoharam party (APC), you can go and ask Ngige, for he knows better. GEJ will win IMO and other south eastern states 100%. Igbos are not fools, because their remains a mutual hatred between Hausa/Fulani and the Igbos that predates Nigeria's independence.The entire south east is 100% for GEJ.

1 Like

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by hassey(m): 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2015
mike0806:

Make I hear say rochas no give Una money to share. As for me we need young leaders not old brains. Naija need a better person not someone who used to be the head of state. If he was satisfied with his work then as the head of state what is he coming to do now.?
am sure u are not trying to refer to gudluck as a young person or youth. y not advice ur so call mentor to pave way for d youths in PDP. stop fooling ursf wit age.
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by bashydemy(m): 4:56pm On Jan 12, 2015
More

2 Likes

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by mentorandfriend(m): 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2015
Eziachi:
What do you need pictures for when you can watch it live of Channels TV now as it happens? Am watching it now here in Kent in a full screen tV.
I have no light.
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by namfav(m): 4:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
it is buhari or no one,
sai buhari
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by Eziachi: 4:59pm On Jan 12, 2015
ikweremilitant:
only on nairaland are all this happening.only on nairaland apc wins election,only here that buhari speaks better than gej.its only here they count results and declear buhari winner,and gej wins in reality thereby drinkng tea in aso rock cm may 29,shame on all of you
Your sentiment is my worst fears for Jonathan in this election. The deluding over confidence of drinking tea while your opponent is driving deep into your once no go area territory, thinking that it will all come good on the day and business as usual.
Fayemi and APC took a thug like Fayose for granted and got their a.s.s whooped in Ekiti.
It can happen to Jonathan if kept drunk on his tea by banking on the past.

4 Likes

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by doctokwus: 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
Abagworo:

You can only see inside the stadium on TV. The entire streets around the stadium are filled to the brim.
@abagworo,pls don't upload this live pics again,it may give some pple heart attack.D one being uploaded from d TV screen is already giving some tanoids convulsions. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by Abiagirl777(f): 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
I wish Apc presented a better candidate i just finished watching the programme,most ppl weren't able to decipher what Buhari was saying,he even called ;Osinbanjo osinbande,his co-pilot,Apc Abc.if not dat Rochas has already prepared the ground,is this how he'll be repping us abroad with his heavily accented Hausa English.
Thank God i no even register talk more of PVC.
Buhari and Jonathan are just lyk A broken mortar and rotten palmnuts,none is better.

4 Likes

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by Objektive: 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Elueme: 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2013

Former Head of State and Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Major General Muhammadu Buhari has faulted the federal government’s clampdown on Boko Haram Islamic insurgents.
He accused the government of killing and destroying their houses while the Niger Delta militants were given special treatment by the government.

Buhari who spoke on Sunday on a Liberty Radio programme, Guest of the Week monitored in Kaduna also admitted that the road to the registration of the All Progressive Congress (APC) was rough, pointing out that the promoters of the party were well prepared for any hitch that may arise.

Buhari who first spoke in Hausa before the English version accused politicians from the Niger Delta region of starting the current in security in the country by recruiting and arming youths of the region in their desperate attempt to retain power as governors.

The former Nigerian leader said that unlike the special treatment given to the Niger Delta militants by the federal government, the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished by government.

While accusing President Jonathan of failing from the beginning to address the security situation in the country, Buhari said he has never been in support of the state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa state.

According to Buhari “what is responsible for the security situation in the country is caused by the activities of Niger Delta militants. Every Nigerian that is familiar with what is happening knows this. The Niger Delta militants started it all.
“What happened is that the governors of the Niger Delta region at that time wanted to win their elections. So they recruited the youths and gave them guns and bullets and used them against their opponents to win elections by force.
“After the elections were over, they asked the boys to return the guns; the boys refused to return the guns. Because of that, the allowance that was being given to the youths by the governors during that time was stopped.

“The youths resorted to kidnapping oil workers and were collecting dollars as ransom. Now a boy of 18 to 20 years was getting about 500 dollars in a week, why will he go to school and spend 20 years to study and then come back and get employed by government to be paid N100,000 a month, that is if he is lucky to get employment.
“So kidnapping becomes very rampant in the South -South and the South -East. They kidnapped people and were collecting money.

“How did Boko Haram start? We know that their leader, Mohammed Yusuf started his militant and the police couldn’t control them and the army was invited. He was arrested by soldiers and handed over to the police.
“The appropriate thing to do, according to the law, was for the police to carry out investigations and charge him to court for prosecution, but they killed him, his in-law was killed, they went and demolished their houses.

“Because of that, his supporters resorted to what they are doing today. You see in the case of the Niger Delta militants, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua sent an aeroplane to bring them, he sat down with them and discussed with them, they were cajoled, and they were given money and granted amnesty.

“They were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north were being killed and their houses were being demolished. They are different issues, what brought this? It is injustice”.
While fielding questions in English in the same programme, Buhari said that the promoters of the All Progressive Congress (APC) were aware of the challenges ahead of them in an effort to get the party registered, saying “the road to merger is quite rough.

“The ruling party, with its enormous resources and its capacity for coercion has seen it as a threat and they have said it. Personally, I came to realise since 2007 that Nigerians believe that the only way to stabilise the system of multi-party democracy is for the opposition parties that have representatives right from Councillors to the National Assembly come together to deliver their constituencies democratically. This is the only way you can counter PDP’s enormous physical and material influence in the country”

He expressed optimism that the All Progressive Congress will be registered saying “by nature, I am an optimist. If I were not an optimist, I will not attempt to contest the presidency three times and end up in the Supreme Court three times. I believe we are going to be registered.

“There is a law guiding party registration which states that you must have your headquarters in the nation’s capital that can be identified by INEC and you must have a convention. All the three parties involved have held their conventions and have agreed to forsake our existing parties and go for APC.

“At the national level, we must have those who will run the party. As soon as we meet these criteria and INEC acknowledge that, 30 days after the acknowledgement, we are APC whether INEC write us and give us the registration or not”.

Speaking on the controversy surrounding the election of the Nigeria Governors Forum, Buhari said since the forum was not a legal body, he saw no reason for the controversy saying “the confusion is unfortunate.
“To me, the Governors forum is not constitutional and it is not a party affair because they are supposed to come from all the parties. There is no constitutional law as far as I can see. So, why all these row about it.

“I watched the clip of the election which seems to have been conducted in a free and fair way. But then, Jang came and said he won the election when we saw visibly on the screen how they conducted the election.
“The man who presided over the election declared the result there and then. I was surprised how Jang emerged and said he was the one that won the election and proceeded to open his own secretariat.

“So, if 36 of them can not conduct an election, Nigerians should begin to appreciate what we are in for when they are supposed to be conducting an election for over 140 million people by 2015”.

He however said that he was prepared to support anybody who emerge Presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), saying “If APC fail to give me the ticket, I will remain in partisan politics and in the party. Anyone the party pick as its candidate, I will support him because I will remain in the APC”.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/buhari-faults-clampdown-on-boko-haram-members/

1 Like

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by teufelein(f): 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
Eziachi:
So when they see this certificate, what will they do next?
Begging for your serial losing opponent to be disqualified is hardly demonstration of self confident.

you see how stupid you are. i do not engage dishonests, dishonourables and persons without integrity in a discussion. lies destroy, look at your nigeria, lies have destroyed it. remember the proverb in igbo; truth is life....anyway...#buharishowyourcerticate, simple!
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by LIBRAGOLD: 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
We need CHANGE.

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by tuncy(m): 5:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
boujaye:

Buhari of 1984/85 is not the same Buhari of today, this man has grossly depreciated in faculty and focus. People are only parading him for his glory of about 30 years ago. Currently, his spirit is willing but his flesh is too weak for the workload of Nigeria, this is too dangerous for Nigeria to present as a leader. Regret only!
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by Eziachi: 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
mentorandfriend:
I have no light.
Sorry about that.
And you still want to vote for more no lights after 16 years of waiting? grin grin
Fortunately for me, I have not experienced your no lights situation for about 40 years now. Sorry bro.
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by tuncy(m): 5:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
boujaye:

Buhari of 1984/85 is not the same Buhari of today, this man has grossly depreciated in faculty and focus. People are only parading him for his glory of about 30 years ago. Currently, his spirit is willing but his flesh is too weak for the workload of Nigeria, this is too dangerous for Nigeria to present as a leader. Regret only!

So what's your problem with that?
Una too get problem! At least power will fall to his vice wo is a learned man(with certificates). A SAN and former CUJ! Who is brilliant and understand d rule of d game! So what's ur problem! Are you God? Oya if he doesn't die before age 80 at 2023, go and kill him!

Any wc way he go favor us!

2wks ago, a 78 yrs old my was sworn in in tunisia

Oya kill ur self

1 Like

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by bashydemy(m): 5:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
kenp20:
my brother, u know English is hard for some people to understand
Abi oo guess you right
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2015
teufelein:

you see how stupid you are. i do not engage dishonests, dishonourables and persons without integrity in a discussion. lies destroy, look at your nigeria, lies have destroyed it. remember the proverb in igbo; truth is life....anyway...#buharishowyourcerticate, simple!

U are nothing but a Bastard to address some old enough to be your father that way

2 Likes

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by Missy89(f): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
Honestly both GMB and GEJ are simpletons!

These men really need to take the backseat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by bashydemy(m): 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
More

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by Eziachi: 5:17pm On Jan 12, 2015
teufelein:

I am sorry if am stupid to you, that's the way I am. Now back to the issue.
Am glad you are Igbo like me because we have a saying that "Oji nmadu na ala ji onwe ya" meaning when you are pinning someone down, your equally pinning your self down.
If they resort to disqualifying the opponent that you had beaten thrice in the past, you are telling an average intelligent person that you are scared of something. I don't even think that any jurisprudence will give the light of the day to such a lawsuit.
Let's wait and see.

1 Like

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by seguntijan(m): 5:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
Omo GEJ don enter am

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by teufelein(f): 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
Shewaukpo:

[s]U are nothing but a Bastard to address some old enough to be your father that way[/s]

....methinks you're a sick animal!

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) sufferers believe that they are entitled to special privilege and that the rules of society apply to others but not to them. Paranoid Personality Disorder (PPD) individuals are people who are unusually suspicious in situations in which most people would not be concerned. They frequently change allies and lack stable relationships in their lives. Finally, Anti-Social Personality Disorder (ASPD) people are a combination of what we used to call a sociopath and a psychopath. These people are capable to doing great harm to another human being without feeling any empathy and remorse. This is the central element in the personality structure of a person who would commit genocide against their own people.

bye for now
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by Eziachi: 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
Abiagirl777:
I wish Apc presented ea better candidate i just finished watching the programme,most ppl weren't able to decipher what Buhari was saying,he even called ;Osinbanjo osinbande,his co-pilot,Apc Abc.if not dat Rochas has already prepared the ground,is this how he'll be repping us abroad with his heavily accented Hausa English.
Thank God i no even register talk more of PVC.
Buhari and Jonathan are just lyk A broken mortar and rotten palmnuts,none is better.
Suddenly worried about accent? but with Jonathan and his wife's butchering of English language, we are told that English is not their mother tongue. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
teufelein:

.[s]...methinks you're a sick animal!

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) sufferers believe that they are entitled to special privilege and that the rules of society apply to others but not to them. Paranoid Personality Disorder (PPD) individuals are people who are unusually suspicious in situations in which most people would not be concerned. They frequently change allies and lack stable relationships in their lives. Finally, Anti-Social Personality Disorder (ASPD) people are a combination of what we used to call a sociopath and a psychopath. These people are capable to doing great harm to another human being without feeling any empathy and remorse. This is the central element in the personality structure of a person who would commit genocide against their own people.

bye for now[/s]
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by teufelein(f): 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2015
Eziachi:

Am glad you are Igbo like me ... ....

i vehemently reject that, God forbid bad thing, i'll commit suicide, frankly..
I'm a Biafran, igbo is just a language...you're not learned mind...bye bye..
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by olabukola: 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
Eziachi:
Suddenly worried about accent? but with Jonathan and his wife's butchering of English language, we are told that English is not their mother tongue. grin
We WERE told or we ARE told? This man I thought you have lived in England since after biafran war and you claimed to be a retired Orthopaedic Surgeon. Am begging to doubt you. Meanwhile Osibanjo is a YORUBA name not English.
Re: LIVE Updates From Buhari And Rochas' Campaign In Owerri by katerine7(f): 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
obailala:

..and in your mind, you are automatically 101% sure that the motor assembly plant in Nnewi will be closed if GEJ leaves power?

Can you please take several seats at the back... angry

If a less corrupt government is at the centre, you will surely see several more automotive assembly plants springing up across the south east. With less corruption and better security even in the north, investor confidence would be boosted in Nigeria as a whole and more foreign investors would surely troop down into the south east to tap into the juicy business environment of Nigeria.

NISSAN, FORD and TOYOTA would surely love to have a plant in Nigeria but due to the percieved insecurity and corrupt business environment (especially by govt officials demanding cutbacks), these companies have been very wary of investing a kobo in Nigeria and have kept away. The story of Virgin Nigeria and the shocking words of Richard Branson when he pulled away from Nigeria is still fresh in our minds. With the forthcoming elections, these guys are closely monitoring Nigeria and praying a less corrupt govt takes over.

Saboteur to Igbo race indeed, what Nonsense!... The kind of Igbo blood in me is too superior and does not permit blind and silly followership. By the way, is Jonathan even an Igbo man?... Okay, he's not my brother but rather my close neighbour so I can easily assume he's my brother but then, "OF WHAT USE IS MY BROTHER'S LEADERSHIP TO ME IF HE CANNOT DEVELOP THE NATION OR EVEN JUST OUR FATHER'S COMPOUND?"

Nwanne m,God bless u

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

22 APC Senators Planning To Defect To PDP - Fani-Kayode Cries / Mosque Used By Boko Haram In Kogi Destroyed (Photos) / Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.