Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. (13949 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / This Is What My House Help Did To Me / Photos- House Help Brutally Beaten By Madam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ksslib:

Lwkmd. Bia Nwokem, you no dey tire ni? grin

Look at this thread a lil, a little cost- benefit analysis would have saved us some headache..

The girl is too young, we know...

The girl is better off with this dude than with her mom... truth...

The girl may even be hawking kuli kuli if she was with her mother, maybe...

The man is not the most charitable man on earth, maybe...

Is he wicked, hell no....

Which is better, leaving the kid with her mom where she may not even attend school or bringing the child to look after his own...

Some of these women would not even lift a finger to help the child if they saw her on the streets....

0p, you re not wicked, treat the child as you would yours, don't give her any hard work, she can be playing with your kid during the day but don't expect her to wake up by 12 midnight abeg...

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
pickabeau1:

You r missing the point
Yes there was a mob mentality but there is a point

This girl was referred to as a maid initially and the premise of the thread was to highlight spiritual discrepancies somewhere

He has done well by sponsoring this child to school but she is too young to be a minder

Agreed

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by pickabeau1: 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ewuro4:

Thats a lot of chore especially on school days... And to think madam expected her to tend to the baby in the middle of the night? Most 11 year olds are in gear 20 that hour.

Amen.

Exactly

I have to give it.to him though
He has been calm amidst it all
Others may have reacted under the onslaught

Let's hope he picks the lesson and gets a proper maid and keeps on supporting the small kid

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Ewuro4: 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
pickabeau1:

Exactly

I have to give it.to him though
He has been calm amidst it all
Others may have reacted under the onslaught

Let's hope he picks the lesson and gets a proper maid and keeps on supporting the small kid

Too calm sef and kudos to him.

I know he will address it. Being Christlike is doing whats right and humane thing smiley

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
aisha2:
Call me holier than thou I agree but the clear hypocrite here is the poster. Accusing the government of unfairness and illegality while he strongly defends his own illegal actions, tries to explain it away twist and turn words and presents himself as a victim and he will feel he has the moral right to abuse Mr. President when with his own little power he is acting worse. Shame

Aisha2, is there something else you aren't telling us? Even after accepting my share of wrong, you still keep attacking me relentlessly. Why? What else do you want me do? What else?

Besides, I wasn't brought up to insult people, not to talk of the President of Nigeria. I don't insult people.

If my post was created with a selfish desire to portray my daughter as the devil, then it's left for me to suffer the consequences.

But seriously, you're bugging me. Pls leave me ALONE. If the mother of my maid or conscience hasn't criticised me for treating out maid badly, then it's okay by me.

You have no idea the circumstances under which her mother approved of her living with us. There are dozens of cases of child abuse....There are also dozens of proper treatment of maids/kids...

Tie ti kpoju ooo

5 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:

treat the child as you would yours, don't give her any hard work, she can be playing with your kid during the day but don't expect her to wake up by 12 midnight abeg

How is this different from what others are saying? You're calling them holier than thou . So after insulting then you still went ahead to repeat same thing they've been telling OP from the beginning of the thread.
So what exactly was your disagreement about to start with?
Or you just had to disagree for disagreement's sake even when you share the same opinion as others? undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Ksslib(m): 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:

Look at this thread a lil, a little cost- benefit analysis would have saved us some headache..

The girl is too young, we know...

The girl is better off with this dude than with her mom... truth...

The girl may even be hawking kuli kuli if she was with her mother, maybe...

The man is not the most charitable man on earth, maybe...

Is he wicked, he'll no....

Which is better, leaving the kid with her mom where she may not even attend school or bringing the child to look after his own...

Some of these women would not even lift a finger to help the child if they saw her on the streets....

0p, you re not wicked, treat the child as you would yours, don't give her any hard work, she can be playing with your kid during the day but don't expect her to wake up by 12 midnight abeg...
Err, I didn't even bother to read the thread's content sef.

I just dey tease you base on the fact say, almost everytime I come across your post, na you and dem dem family section women dey hold ground on one issue or the other. Lol
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by crackhaus: 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

is there something else you aren't telling us? Even after accepting my share of wrong, you still keep attacking me relentlessly. Why? What else do you want me do? What else?

Besides, I wasn't brought up to insult people, not to talk of the President of Nigeria. I don't insult people.

If my post was created with a selfish desire to portray my daughter as the devil, then it's left for me to suffer the consequences.

But seriously, you're bugging me. Pls leave me ALONE. If the mother of my maid or conscience hasn't criticised me for treating out maid badly, then it's okay by me.

You have no idea the circumstances under which her mother approved of her living with us. There are dozens of cases of child abuse....There are also dozens of proper treatment of maids/kids...

Tie ti kpoju ooo
You have held it together thus far, keep that up - Fortunately, I do not have such patience to be tolerating of aggressive family section women...

It is well!

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

That a lot of child abuse cases are trending in the media doesn't mean there aren't SOME people who treat their kids/ wards very well!

There are such a remnant.
No problèm. We are not with your neither do we know what's going on.

Just tell madam she is only doing what a normal kid would do.
I remember one day in the hostel , there was a little fire outbreak, the shout woke me up from sleep. I jumped off from bed and was running to no direction. I just don't know how I found myself in the first floor.

Good thing I didn't even jump down from the building.
What am I trying to say, these things happen. Not witchcraft . Pls look after that kid maybe the next scream from your baby might make her do something dangerous that would cost you and your family.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:

How is this different from what others are saying? You're calling them holier than thou . So after insulting then you still went ahead to repeat same thing they've been telling OP from the beginning of the thread.
So what exactly was your disagreement about to start with?
Or you just had to disagree for disagreement's sake even when you share the same opinion as others? undecided

Maybe you need too read up again..... you no see where dem dey attack am say him wicked....
Nobody even gave him any credit for helping her in the first place, all your flock of hypocrites were calling him an antichrist... some even threatened to sue him for child abuse... walk around this country, you'd see 5 year Olds hawking maize under the blazing sun... now that is child abuse.... How many una don help undecided The dude did the kid a favour, admit that first, most of ur hypocritical friends won't even do anything about her condition.. abeg, make una make person hear word

5 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2015
Chillisauce:

No problèm. We are not with your neither do we know what's going on.

Just tell madam she is only doing what a normal kid would do.
I remember one day in the hostel , there was a little fire outbreak, the shout woke me up from sleep. I jumped off from bed and was running to no direction. I just don't know how I found myself in the first floor.

Good thing I didn't even jump down from the building.
What am I trying to say, these things happen. Not witchcraft . Pls look after that kid maybe the next scream from your baby might make her do something dangerous that would cost you and your family.

Thanks dearest. Exactly why I created this thread...
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by freecocoa(f): 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
BABE3 I did chores too as a kid, I did some pounding, I swept the house, I did dishes, I did my socks and that of my younger sister but guess what, I had siblings, 3, and another big sister from another mother, plus my mum was a stay at home mum(she had to quit to train us as she said)till we all entered senior secondary.

Another thing is that, I didn't do those chores everyday because, it was being shared amongst us, my chore for a whole day after doing my assignment could be to pound pepper for soup, and my mum was extremely hard working, she enjoyed doing chores(says that's how she stays fit), so she did most strenous things herself when we were younger.

Let's tell ourselves the truth, there's always this constant need for sending a younger person with you, on errands you consider fit for kids, while at it, you forget that chores for kids abound in the house, e.g, " remove the plates from the dinning, "get me a glass of water, bring this, bring that, etc. Sometimes my mum would keeping calling only 1 name so much that the person reminds her, "mum I'm not the only 1 here", what I'm saying is, they might seem like an 11 years old kids chore but it can be much on 1 child in a family with 2 adults, it's just that simple.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ksslib:

Err, I didn't even bother to read the thread's content sef.

I just dey tease you base on the fact say, almost everytime I come across your post, na you and dem dem family section women dey hold ground on one issue or the other. Lol

tongue
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Kimoni: 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

Bro, these folks bullied me today...no be small.

grin grin grin grin

Sorry my brother. Lessons learnt.

But pls ensure your wife also treats the girl well. Men most times are not the issue with maids, it's really the women. Once again, sorry for the bullying. You re funny though
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
New yr some people still dey para for public forum.
Njokuboy and crackhaus make una no hang unaself one day.
grin

Nairaland will still go on.

Soldier go, soldier come. Barrack remain.

5 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
It would be nice if some of you guys would drop bias when addressing new issues that have nothing to do with the past. From the first page I could count more than 5male posters calling him out on the issue of child abuse. Then enter njoku to turn it into family section women issue and how they (the women) should contribute money if they like the child more than the man does.
If you had anything against those criticizing him, make it General and leave the 'family section women' angle you live to delve into so much

Where is this so called ' your flock of hypocrites' or do mean my as in 'me' flock of hypocrites?.

It seems some of you don't come into threads to try to help the OP but to make trouble and pick on other people's posts. Better change this new year .
njokusboy:

Maybe you need too read up again..... you no see where dem dey attack am say him wicked....
Nobody even gave him any credit for helping her in the first place, all your flock of hypocrites were calling him an antichrist... some even threatened to sue him for child abuse... walk around this country, you'd see 5 year Olds hawking maize under the blazing sun... now that is child abuse.... The dude did the kid a favour, most of ur hypocritical friends won't even do anything about her condition.. abeg, make una make person hear word

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 8:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
Mynd44:

She got the need to urinate and she went to urinate except she did it while still sleeping. It is not so odd jare.

And your maid is 11? Child abuse man

Lemme leave before the deliverance crew comes in
This is a man

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 8:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
misterh:
Well, if you are not comfortable with the situation, replace her.
But I feel an 11 year old girl is probably too young to be an house help.
another man

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 8:56pm On Jan 13, 2015
boolet:

Child abuse/'modern slavery' at the peak.
one more man

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 8:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
Akranez:
11 years old house help shocked shocked
Shame on you guys..
one more man

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:

This is a man

My dear, maybe I will send my sil to Mynd44, the guy get brain for him head walahi cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
Here's another man.

Njoku
Nna if you have issues with the women here don't use this thread to address it
deor03:

You are a human abuser. I am sure it's people like you that was complaining about Yerima marrying a 14 year old.

I detest people like you. You want a future for your own child and ready to mortgage another human being

So you want 11 year old child to take care of your child. You and your wife should be ashamed of yourselves.

All this nonsense gets tiring and not to mention extremely childish.trying to instigate fights and rub mud on other people's post when you can post yours and walk away.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Ksslib(m): 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:

tongue
Na you I suppose dey do that one sef cos you go visibility age faster than you should if na family section you wan camp.

The issues here too much mehn.

On that note, Good luck tongue
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:
It would be nice if some of you guys would drop bias when addressing new issues that have nothing to do with the past. From the first page I could count more than 5male posters calling him out on the issue of child abuse. Then enter njoku to turn it into family section women issue and how they (the women) should contribute money if they like the child more than the man does.
If you had anything against those criticizing him, make it General and leave the 'family section women' angle you live to delve into so much

Where is this so called ' your flock of hypocrites' or do mean my as in 'me' flock of hypocrites?.

It seems some of you don't come into threads to try to help the OP but to make trouble and pick on other people's posts. Better change this new year .

Atleast, you no address my point... grin

It's not a case of bias, what I saw on this thread was a combination of hypocrisy and myopia... if any one needs to drop bias, it's nairaland family section women, you guys seem to have a king sized chip on ur shoulders... your comments are always along the same lines... I was actually referring to one particular woman and her followers on this thread... Since they think the man is wicked, he should take her back to her parents while they bring in money for her upkeep... It's a simple case of putting your money where your mouth is...
I fit count how many of them address the 0p concern sef

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by crackhaus: 9:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
Chillisauce:
New yr some people still dey para for public forum.
Njokuboy and crackhaus make una no hang unaself one day.
grin

Nairaland will still go on.

Soldier go, soldier come. Barrack remain.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 9:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
I didn't even get your point since you ended up saying the same thing everyone was saying.

And so what if all the women follow the same line of argument? What business of yours is it? Was it pre-planned? Didn't it just happen that they all saw it from the same point of view?

And the men that hold the same opinion nko? Discard their posts and look for ways to turn it into family section women bash? undecided
You just couldn't resist making trouble.

Who's the particular woman and her followers?
Trouble maker.

Issues.

treat each case according to its merits. Thank you
njokusboy:

It's not a case of bias, what I saw on this thread was a combination of hypocrisy and myopia... if any one needs to drop bias, it's nairaland family section women, you guys seem to have a king sized chip on ur shoulders... your comments are always along the same lines... I was actually referring to one particular woman and her followers on this thread... Since they think the man is wicked, he should take her back to her parents while they bring in money for her upkeep... It's a simple case of putting your money where your mouth is...

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by remsonik(f): 9:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
Even if you wanna help her parents then its either you send money for her upkeep from time to time or bring her to come live with you whereby u ve an older maid not less than 18, Then get your baby a nanny!! No matter what help you think you are rendering the poor girl it's just unjustifiable
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
DBestDoc:

So an 11yr old is now employable?

Keep using people's children and hope yours get the best.

Smh!

Dis is the beginning
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
aisha2:
An 11 year old is supposed to be growing up playing and not having a care in the world not in your house taking care of you.
Why won't she stand in the dark when you have made her own life dark by denying her a childhood. Wicked people scared of their own shadow.

Get a grown up abeg, if your wife is scared of you cheating thats her problem you dont victimise a child because you feel the need to protect an adult.

Very irritating

Now it got interesting

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by zeb04(f): 9:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
crackhaus:

hah! What happened to your usual bad mouth abi you are now a born again?

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 9:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:

Dem no address my concern at all...... dem just dey impress their followers.

Well, me no need any body's approval when my conscience dey pure for any matter.

These women folks I have met today are very straightforward, brutal with truth, unrelenting in their opinions, and unswerving in their convictions.

All the same, they have helped to keep the thread going. I have already taken what I considered the most appropriate action concerning the matter.....

Thanks sir.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 13, 2015
mutter:
Your wife is a wicked woman!
Look Thank God this is online and not face to face, I would have scolded you badly.
11 years is a child for crying out loud cry
I have to wake some of my kid`s at that age maybe when they fall asleep in another room and they stand there totally baff with dazed eyes and have no idea where they are.
God this world is a wicked place. She gave that poor girl a fright in her half sleep and instead of consoling the child and sending her back to bed you and your wife now want to band her a witch.
Don`t you know that if you leave a room a small child might wake up!

Oh God this is so unfair! This is child abuse! This is evil! This is disgusting!

You just came on here to solicit support in branding her a witch!

May anyone who gives you such advise recieve the wrath of God! Evil human beings you disgust me!

See am, dis one fit dey buy pure water from 5 year Olds for Lagos highway sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

/ Super Eagles Chidi Odiah Abandoned His Wife And Baby? / Nigerian Parents Need To Allow Their Daughters Leave Toxic Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.