Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,104 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. (14009 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / This Is What My House Help Did To Me / Photos- House Help Brutally Beaten By Madam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by BABE3: 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

I'm not Bill Gates; I do the little I can, where I am, and in the way I can....

My maid's mother sees me as someone that's really helpful for both her daughter and herself. Una just dey talk here.

This matter has been successfully handled. My maid is happy.

Both Kudos to Aisha2 for your passion against child labour and other child right abuses. Unfortunately, you're talking to the wrong person as far as child treatment is concerned.

what kind of help does she render? Wash dishes? Cook? Clean? Pound yam?
If the work she does are things a typical 11 year old would do, then disregard the idealistic opinions, and do you.

Whatever you call her is irrelevant, so far you treat her like you'll treat your child.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 6:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
BABE3:

what kind of help does she render? Wash dishes? Cook? Clean? Pound yam?
If the work she does are things a typical 11 year old would do, then disregard the idealistic opinions, and do you.

Whatever you call her is irrelevant, so far you treat her like you'll treat your child.

Another sensible post. I still have faith in humanity.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

My maid's mother sees me as someone that's really helpful for both her daughter and herself. Una just dey talk here.
Both Kudos to Aisha2 for your passion against child labour and other child right abuses. Unfortunately, you're talking to the wrong person as far as child treatment is concerned.

You are not Bill Gates meaning if you give help you must expect payment in return oya oh kontinue. Laws will soon start working perfectly in Nigeria
I asked why you wont just get an adult no answer, the law will work oh, then dont start crying wicked leaders, the law will work one day I know.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Arsenate(m): 7:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

seriously, oga, bone all these people. you've explained your point. if dem like make dem die on top your matter.
you dey try sha.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 7:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
cococandy:
meaning she got scared and probably over reacted. For her to call you in that sort of urgency, she probably displayed more in the presence of that 11yr old. She may have even question the girl harshly.
I'm not reaching. I know what it means to pick up the phone and call someone who's working night duty in a sense of urgency. Your wife probably freaked out on that poor child.

for some reason this comment reads as though you guys suspect your baby crying to the girl standing in the sitting room alone in the dark. It also means(literally) that since she wasn't attending to your crying baby at the moment she must be aware of why the baby was crying and worst of all showed no empathy.
Your baby was crying from the pain of a full bladder maybe: did she think of that?

Why was you wife sneaking around the house? Her own house? Did she suspect armed robbers to have broken in? That's the only reason I think why one will sneak around their own house unless of course she's suspecting foul play. And she did suspect foul play. It clouded her judgment in a way that she didn't realize sneaking around soundlessly and then bearing on the child suddenly and turning on the lights would shock the little girl especially if she was still in a state of sleep. It was the same paranoia that led her to start calling you frantically and whipping up your own fears. I'm a woman. I don't have a child but I know women tend to be over protective of their babies. Nothing wrong with that as long as the child of the next person around you doesn't suffer for it.

And this here is the crux of the matter. You needed assistance and you sought it in an 11yr old. She's not there primarily because you saw her in need and took her in to assist her. You took her in to assist you. Simple as ABC
And it is wrong as feck. Don't try to sugar coat it.
She's in your employ. And her school fee is payment for assisting you in the house.

Yea your kids are important to you as they should be. I hope you realize this one is important to her parents too.(or maybe she's not. I blame them for lending a small child like her out)

If you think your househelp poses some sort of danger to your kids as you've stated here in your 'their safety must be ensured at all times' line, then send her back to her parents. If you think there is some form of danger in having her around,doesn't that negate the 'patience is my daughter too' line that you just remembered now to save face?

What should you do to her? Send her to mountain on fire for deliverance. There I've said what you wanted to hear when you created this thread .

I hope you don't see yourself as a victim because of the harsh criticism on this thread. And pls help dissuade your wife of her mindset that is causing all this wahala at the moment.

God bless you.

Noted. God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
OP, pls you didnt tell us the kind of pounding your wife must have descended on her for "suspiciously" standing in the dark while calling out the blood of jesus.

We know how these stories go.
i have no problem if you say you are helping the parent, the problem i have is you giving an 11yr old girl in charge of another baby 24hrs.

11 yr old to tend to another child at night when she needs sleep.
Even me, i know how i sleep walk to kids room most night to tend to their needs not to talk of 11yr old.
Sometimes i dont even know how i find myself in bed sometimes with them.

Make una fear God o

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
zeb04:
you are a very patient man....
To think you could pick some lesson from all the negative criticism here is throughly amazing.God bless you.

Dear, thanks for those kind words. The glory belongs to God alone.

Dear, it's very easy to criticise. But to be criticised, hmmmm? I thank God for the lessons.

If I don't treat her like my kids, let the God of Heaven be the Judge.

Thanks for the words, once again.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Ewuro4: 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
Mmmm 11 year old is way to young oh.. And later we blame the govt.

Some Men sha .... Anything to relieve them their duties lipsrsealed
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
Chillisauce:
OP, pls you didnt tell us the kind of pounding your wife must have descended on her for "suspiciously" standing in the dark while calling out the blood of jesus.

i have no problem if you say you are helping the parent, the problem i have is you giving an 11yr old girl in charge of another baby 24hrs.

Even me, i know how i sleep walk to kids room most night to tend to their needs not to talk of 11yr old.

Make una fear God o

Dear, this matter don already end sef. My wife simply questioned her and went back to bed.

She and my son sleeps on the same bed.....

It will be cruel to treat her any different from our kids.......She was simply sleepwalking.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by pickabeau1: 7:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ewuro4:

No . pick'

Now, What do you have to say?

I understand his altruism in helping this child out but this child is too young to be . playing the role of a minder/maid in addition to her school obligations

Let him get a maid at least 18 years
If he is worried she is possessed or not suitable to be around his kid let him send her back to her parents and continue paying her school fees
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Ewuro4: 7:18pm On Jan 13, 2015
pickabeau1:

I understand his altruism in helping this child out but this child is too young to be . playing the role of a minder/maid in addition to her school obligations

If he is worried she is possessed or not suitable to be around his kid let him send her back to her parents and continue paying her school fees

The bolded ^^ seems to be my worry too. I have same age group and I can tell you her room looks like a tornado as I type. I'm sure op madam will be furious with that. Kids should be kids abeg but that's just my opinion. Not forcing it on op.

@second paragraph .. Totally agree.

Happy new year Pick'. How's family?

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
Arsenate:
seriously, oga, bone all these people. you've explained your point. if dem like make dem die on top your matter.
you dey try sha.

Thank you.....
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by crackhaus: 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
Wahala... cheesycheesy
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by BABE3: 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
pickabeau1:

cheesy cheesy too much money.

Getting an older maid would be a good idea but I don't think the 11 yr old maid is such a bad idea.

That was why I asked what her duties are. If she does things a typical 11 year old will do around the house then I think it's an ok arrangement.

At age 8, I was pounding yam nd grinding pepper, despite having maids around to help. cheesy grin cheesy

If they treat her like their child or close enough, I think its okay.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by pickabeau1: 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ewuro4:

The bolded ^^ seems to be my worry too. I have same age group and I can tell you her room looks like a tornado as I type. I'm sure op madam will be furious with that. Kids should be kids abeg but that's just my opinion. Not forcing it on op.

@second paragraph .. Totally agree.

Happy new year Pick'. How's family?

Lol
I agree with you
Minding duties are a lot and it will be counterproductive combining school work with it as academic performance will be affected

Family is fine. Thanks for asking
Happy New year to you and your family also

Emi a se opo odun
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by pickabeau1: 7:29pm On Jan 13, 2015
BABE3:

cheesy cheesy too much money.

Getting an older maid would be a good idea but I don't think the 11 yr old maid is such a bad idea.

That was why I asked what her duties are. If she does things a typical 11 year old will do around the house then I think it's an ok arrangement.

At age 8, I was pounding yam nd grinding pepper, despite having maids around to help. cheesy grin cheesy

If they treat her like their child or close enough, I think its okay.

I disagree it is too much money
He is already paying her school fees here
So I expect it will be cheaper in The village

Yes I agree that some duties are no biggie

But let's face facts here

This 11 yo will most likely be the one washing the madams car, bathing the baby and.sweeping the house all before she is ready for school

After that she comes back for more domestic work before she can do her homework

Bath the baby at night
Do dishes and wash clothes

Too much

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
Chillisauce:

Make una fear God o

That a lot of child abuse cases are trending in the media doesn't mean there aren't SOME people who treat their kids/ wards very well!

There are such a remnant.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by BABE3: 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2015
pickabeau1:

I disagree it is too much money
He is already paying her school fees here
So I expect it will be cheaper in The village

Yes I agree that some duties are no biggie

But let's face facts here

This 11 yo will most likely be the one washing the madams car, bathing the baby and.sweeping the house all before she is ready for school

After that she comes back for more domestic work before she can do her homework

Bath the baby at night
Do dishes and wash clothes

Too much

"Too much money" is a slang.

I guess I didn't have a normal childhood then. grin All those things you stated were piece of cake to me at 11. And I was excellent at school; did sports too.

life isn't utopia. So far she's not being maltreated, it's ok (to me).
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
I wish I saw this thread earlier, I'd have killed some holier than thou women...

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by pickabeau1: 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
BABE3:

"Too much money" is slang.

I guess I didn't have a normal childhood then. grin All those things you stated were piece of cake to me at 11. And I was excellent at school; did sports too.

life isn't utopia. So far she's not being maltreated, it's ok (to me).

You had maids as you disclosed
She is the only one

Big difference

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by dein77(m): 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:
I wish I saw this thread earlier, I'd have killed some holier than thou women...

Bro, these folks bullied me today...no be small.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by BABE3: 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2015
pickabeau1:

You had maids as you disclosed
She is the only one

Big difference

Is she really the only one? Oga and madam don't help around the house at all?
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by BABE3: 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

what does the girl do around the house/ her duties?
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by cococandy(f): 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
dein77:

you're now the victim undecided

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Ksslib(m): 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:
Lwkmd. Bia Nwokem, you no dey tire ni? grin
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
Op, see wetin u go do...

The parent cannot send her to school shey? She is better of with you than with her parents shey....

That she's a too young is a given....

Maybe na maize she for dey roast for sell for her mama house...

Since this pple no want you to help her, drop account number make all those women wey dey up pay in money for the pikin upkeep... them like am pass you

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by pickabeau1: 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
BABE3:

Is she really the only one? Oga and madam don't help around the house at all?

From.the write up
He does off base type of work

It's basically madam n the kids
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Ewuro4: 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
pickabeau1:

Lol
I agree with you
Minding duties are a lot and it will be counterproductive combining school work with it as academic performance will be affected

Family is fine. Thanks for asking
Happy New year to you and your family also

Emi a se opo odun

Thats a lot of chore especially on school days... And to think madam expected her to tend to the baby in the middle of the night? Most 11 year olds are in gear 20 that hour.

Amen.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by BABE3: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:
Op, see wetin u go do...

The parent cannot send her to school shey? She is better of with you than with her parents shey....

Since this pple no want you to help her, drop account number make all those women wey dey up pay in money for the pikin upkeep... them like am pass you

that's where I'm coming from, too. Lesser of two evils.
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
Call me holier than thou I agree but the clear hypocrite here is the poster. Accusing the government of unfairness and illegality while he strongly defends his own illegal actions, tries to explain it away twist and turn words and presents himself as a victim and he will feel he has the moral right to abuse Mr. President when with his own little power he is acting worse. Shame

6 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by Ewuro4: 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:
Op, see wetin u go do...

grin grin grin
Re: What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. by pickabeau1: 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
njokusboy:
Op, see wetin u go do...

You r missing the point
Yes there was a mob mentality but there is a point

This girl was referred to as a maid initially and the premise of the thread was to highlight spiritual discrepancies somewhere

He has done well by sponsoring this child to school but she is too young to be a minder

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Men Cheat ( Strictry For Females) / Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams / Snake In The Stomach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.