Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,190 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" (31935 Views)

Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets / Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters / Fashola Has Failed Not Fit As Minister Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by bosun11(m): 1:03am On Jan 15, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This man must become president one day!!! RAJI BABA

4 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 15, 2015
A PDP would always pig... no mind the guy! Considering what Fashola had at his disposal, I would give Fashola a score of 82% A. It is not perfect but it is more than good enough.

haryomikun:

Yeah. But please just tell me ONE present nigerian governor who changed his state more than fashola. No offense but am not sure you live in lagos during d days of tinubu. Odawise, u'll know fashola has done better dan many oda governors

3 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Locapito(m): 1:05am On Jan 15, 2015
This GEJ don't ve good advisers, anyway he's surrounded with thieves and pickpockets. I really agree with Fashola, since jona tan has checked his record and knw that he failed, no need of voting him again. But in actual sense, why must we endure another four year for jona tan simply because we fear the UNKNOWN? If the UNKNOWN come and perform the same level or worse than him, then we vote him out too. Not that the UNKNOWN is the mesiah, but so that the incompetent leaders will know and fear the people right to SELECT their leaders. jona tan must be voted out and give CHANGE a CHANCE.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:

U tell me?

Is everyone in Lagos employed?
Are all the state roads in Lagos ok?
Are there no homeless people in Lagos?
Are there no thieves, pick pockets and armed robbers in Lagos?

The definition of success and failure here is somewhat subjective. For every example of failure you can direct at Jonathan, you can also make the same accusation to Fashola.

Lagos is not New York, it's not some el dorado, it is still a state within Nigeria faced with the same challenges as everyone else.

So when the President challenges the next generation to rise up and own their destiny because his generation has failed, it should be seen as a call to action and not an object of politics. It should not form the basis to insult the President.

Lagos is not New York or London and will not catch up with any of these cities in the next 20years by which time Fashola and Tinubu will be nearing if not already in retirement!

So there is nothing wrong in the President saying his generation has failed and this generation includes Fashola and Tinubu!

They say the number one step to solving your problem is recognising that we have a problem. Fashola and Tinubu seems to want to live in denial!
we all kno d ever improving status of Lagos roads n jobs....almost every Nigerian believes comin to lag gets u an automatic job....or a beta way of life...y do u think fashola was roundin up Ppl n sendin bk to dr villages... fashola is nt responsible for d over population.....ondo state for example as land as large as Lagos.....if Lagos is as populated as ondo, u can imagine Hw far Lagos wuld hav been ....despite dis , it is still d most reliable state....generates revenues on its own, jobs, lots of road projects goin on, health sector active, even electricity....tru projects d federal govt culd tap frm.... Hw dey tackled Ebola is is highly commendable....many other states wuld hav collapsed n landed d whole country in bigger trouble....if d president has made life easier in other stats, d influx of Ppl to lag wuld hav reduced...fashola tackled security...r u sayin in d US, no more pick pocket, b sensible nww ...does dat mean dr security level is zero?...jona is faced wit out right terrorism, n he has no Ans...so clueless n relyin on a 13yr old gal for ideas.....he even orchestrated d job scam our youths paid for n some even lost lives in d bid to b employed....my guy, u hav Nothn to say

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by bosun11(m): 1:10am On Jan 15, 2015
prinznazzy:

we all kno d ever improving status of Lagos roads n jobs....almost every Nigerian believes comin to lag gets u an automatic job....or a beta way of life...y do u think fashola was roundin up Ppl n sendin bk to dr villages... fashola is nt responsible for d over population.....ondo state for example as land as large as Lagos.....if Lagos is as populated as ondo, u can imagine Hw far Lagos wuld hav been ....despite dis , it is still d most reliable state....generates revenues on its own, jobs, lots of road projects goin on, health sector active, even electricity....tru projects d federal govt culd tap frm.... Hw dey tackled Ebola is is highly commendable....many other states wuld hav collapsed n landed d whole country in bigger trouble....if d president has made life easier in other stats, d influx of Ppl to lag wuld hav reduced...fashola tackled security...r u sayin in d US, no more pick pocket, b sensible nww ...does dat mean dr security level is zero?...jona is faced wit out right terrorism, n he has no Ans...so clueless n relyin on a 13yr old gal for ideas.....he even orchestrated d job scam our youths paid for n some even lost lives in d bid to b employed....my guy, u hav Nothn to say

bros u get time oooo smiley smiley smiley
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Bayswater: 1:10am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:
Just before Fashola becomes boastful about his records he should take a drive around Lagos

Lagos is not yet New York

While we still have poor people who can not afford to eat 3 square meals, while we still have people in Ikeja who can not afford to eat at any joint in VI then we must be level headed about our records. There is still a lot of work to be done!

Those poor lagosians that cannot afford 3 square meals, it's GEJ's fault and not Fashola's.

Let us anyalyse Fashola's performance as Lagos state's governor. What has he done in the 8years he has spent as Lagos governor.

Dude has done next to nothing, southwesterners are easily swayed by media propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:21am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:
Just before Fashola becomes boastful about his records he should take a drive around Lagos

While we still have poor people who can not afford to eat 3 square meals, while we still have people in Ikeja who can not afford to eat at any joint in VI then we must be level headed about our records. There is still a lot of work to be done!

So everybody in New york can afford 3 square meals?

So everyone in New york can afford a meal at Times Square?

Smh

4 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Forwetinnah: 1:23am On Jan 15, 2015
prinznazzy:

Lagos can't become newyork under 8yrs dumbo.......just b reasonable n in all righteousness acpt jona did Nothn for naija compared to fashola for lag

Good..Lagos, just one state can't be New York under 8 years but you expect GEJ to transform the entire Country in how many years again??

7 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Lanrefreshkid: 1:26am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:

I believe people should be intelligent enough to know New York isnt what it is now in 8years.

Fashola did his work unlike our Mr President..the man is a Big failure and a disgrace to phd holders cos i used to believe Phd holders are enlighteened to know there is no diffrent between stealing and corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:27am On Jan 15, 2015
iiichidodo:
Fashola shut up and own up that his generation..the generation that ate quaker oats for breakfast,assorted swallow for lunch and continental dishes for supper in their University cafeteria free of charge....The generations that had whitemen,indianmen,chinamen for lecturers...the generations that had jobs, in most cases, two jobs even before they've written their final papers...let us not mention the ease of traveling without visas and our monetary exchange rate.....Yes where are all of these now to consolidate and pass down the future generations?? but swept off by the corrupt practices of Fashola,Thieffnubu and Almajiri Buhari's generation..

So all this should be provided by the state government with its little allocation?

Smh

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 15, 2015
Gov fash on point GBAM! D clueless dude is always spiting dust since 18bc but not to worry, fe8UHARI 2015 is d cure!

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Swiftboy(m): 1:49am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:

I stand in agreement with you...alot of streets are yet to be tarred and street lights were not made. He should also tell us they've been putting lagos in debt via loan scams. What about the issue of deportation or his policies that seems to favour the rich. Let Fashola not play the card of a saint cos we're not stupid. Am voting Jonathan anyway...the transformation agenda is feasible! And I think they used too much of the security challenges to campaign way too much...they should not underestimate the enemies. By the way its not about talks...there's nothing wrong for them to oblige the nation with thier solutions instead of waiting to gain power. they always say Goodluck is clueless, i wonder why they could not help with their big ideas. No doubt Goodluck did not try but I just have this inkling that they are over estimating their capacities and their inadequacies will be exposed immediately they assume office...mark my words.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by PenSniper: 1:54am On Jan 15, 2015
Fashola, please stop gloating in vain glory because you have failed us. Your first term was cosmetic, the 2nd is a total failure while both terms were characterised by corruption, high school fees and non-establishment of new schools.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 15, 2015
i am neutral

Now i have been reading several comment between PDP and APC e-rats, and i have come to discover that,

1) PDP e-rats act like the acting president, calm, organised and are not not good in exchange of words. They always end their statement with "GEJ TILL 2019". While the APC e-rats are just Insults upon insults, they always loose in factual argument between the PDP e-rats but they are champions in insulting the president (i.e they always win).

2) While the PDP e-rats emphasis on the change that has occurred in all sector of the nation in their candidate's administration, The APC e-rats only scream "where is our $20 billion" "fisherman" etc.

3) while the PDP e-rats emphasize on terrorism as being a nation wide problem and should be tackle irrespective on ones party, the APC e-rats don't want to be part of it. They want to score a political point with it. I noticed immediately an headline about bombing and death of many Nigerian hit front page, they don't bother to say 'R.I.P" instead they abuse the president.

4) The last but not the least, I noticed most APC e-rats are illiterate, while the PDP's are machinaries.

Observation still going until after feb 14

yours truly
donnypool

3 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:01am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:

Aren't you from Eastern Nigeria?
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Swiftboy(m): 2:07am On Jan 15, 2015
redcliff:

And it would never be newyork but appreciate the fact that he has done what others combined could not.. point of correction too, everywhere in the world has a rich and poor, have high end areas and low ends too.. the government never puts food directly in peoples mouths!
but I think Fashola talks too much. Should Goodluck still win this election? I think he's a Yoruba man and we Yorubas have great value for respect...I'll see how much and how fast they can out do GEJ should they win. The transformation that they cant see,I'll be watching from a corner to see if all these stunts they've been pulling just to get votes from us will lead to because leadership is a big responsibility.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Swiftboy(m): 2:09am On Jan 15, 2015
PenSniper:
Fashola, please stop gloating in vain glory because you have failed us. Your first term was cosmetic, the 2nd is a total failure while both terms were characterised by corruption, high school fees and non-establishment of new schools.
not to forget the loan scam that will keep Lagos in debt for generations. They dare to call people names just cos they want to win. #we'll see.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by attoskoly: 2:33am On Jan 15, 2015
Yungmilio2:

Poor people self dey for 4 Dubai - so kini big deal?
Can you compare the Lagos of now with the Lagos of 2001¿

fashola should shut up. lagos is the eaiest place to develop because everything was done by federal government for lagos for over 90yrs. the only thing to do in lagos is just cleaning up. why didnt he go to his state ekiti and change it to London as he claims? imagine tomorrow abuja becomes a state and then one governor comes there to brag.

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by sundoj08(m): 2:37am On Jan 15, 2015
prinznazzy:

Lagos can't become newyork under 8yrs dumbo.......just b reasonable n in all righteousness acpt jona did Nothn for naija compared to fashola for lag
nice..pls explain to that buffoon o.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by sundoj08(m): 2:45am On Jan 15, 2015
Egbagirl:

aargh! This is how you know people who are just arguing for the sake of it. You've realized that your argument doesn't make much sense (no offense really) and is contradictory at the same time. Yet, you continue to argue. Why?
Biko abeg, let it rest. E no fresh at all.

Fyi: I don't think you know what New York is like lipsrsealed like someone asked you, how much development progress has Lagos made in the last 8 years? Now compare that to how much progress the country has made in the last 8 years.
it's obvious that dude has got no clue whatsoever..

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by drkay(m): 3:03am On Jan 15, 2015
I think I'll agree with him if had said 'some His generation failed nigeria'. To be candid, uncle jona has finished Nigeria.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by PStacks(m): 3:31am On Jan 15, 2015
Lagos i§ truly the center of excellenÇe.

Babatunde raji Fashola, I salute you oooo!

Í prÀy make I born pikin wey be like u.

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by tosin2013: 4:12am On Jan 15, 2015
donnypool:
i am neutral

Now i have been reading several comment between PDP and APC e-rats, and i have come to discover that,

1) PDP e-rats act like the acting president, calm, organised and are not not good in exchange of words. They always end their statement with "GEJ TILL 2019". While the APC e-rats are just Insults upon insults, they always loose in factual argument between the PDP e-rats but they are champions in insulting the president (i.e they always win).

2) While the PDP e-rats emphasis on the change that has occurred in all sector of the nation in their candidate's administration, The APC e-rats only scream "where is our $20 billion" "fisherman" etc.

3) while the PDP e-rats emphasize on terrorism as being a nation wide problem and should be tackle irrespective on ones party, the APC e-rats don't want to be part of it. They want to score a political point with it. I noticed immediately an headline about bombing and death of many Nigerian hit front page, they don't bother to say 'R.I.P" instead they abuse the president.

4) The last but not the least, I noticed most APC e-rats are illiterate, while the PDP's are[b] machinaries[/b].

Observation still going until after feb 14

yours truly
donnypool

you are indeed a neutral grin grin
BTW, check ypur dictionary for your next post!

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by igwedaboss(m): 4:14am On Jan 15, 2015
psychologist:
when i grow up, i want to be like fashola...
bt i swear i aint gonna smoke those things he is smoking undecided undecided undecided
Then u not ready to be like him.... #pele
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by tosin2013: 4:19am On Jan 15, 2015
whoever tries to compare BRF with GEJ (by any standards), needs a Braincheck!

Tell them I said SO! grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by igwedaboss(m): 4:20am On Jan 15, 2015
haryomikun:

Yeah. But please just tell me ONE present nigerian governor who changed his state more than fashola. No offense but am not sure you live in lagos during d days of tinubu. Odawise, u'll know fashola has done better dan many oda governors
Are you minding the slow niggrr, so lagos of 2007 in 8yrs will transform to new york... at times it baffles me how ppl think... a lot of this folks are not even ready for change. coz they are afraid of it... Imagine wetin psn with brain dey yarn.. height of daftness... pardon my french..
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 15, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Good..Lagos, just one state can't be New York under 8 years but you expect GEJ to transform the entire Country in how many years again??
No one is saying he should turn Nigeria into US given the that short time. We want to see a reasonable amount of progress in the country that's all. We can't even compare Nigeria to South Africa for God sake. Is it too much to ask for a reasonable amount of progress?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by femikay149(m): 4:35am On Jan 15, 2015
manny4life:

Sometimes it pays to keep quiet, not everyone is either Pro PDP/APC. I made a general statement that Fashola talks too much; there is a time to speak and time to shut up. Like Amaechi (e.g.), Fashola could use more of shutting up than always talking too much. The sad part about it he speaks from both sides of his mouth.

Talking too much ? R u for real

It is Mr President that has been campaigning with bitterness,attacking people and not adrressing issues

Fashola simply addressed issues Mr President raised with facts,and raised up the issues mr president should be talking about

4 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by sokera: 4:37am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:

Before you call others dumbo check if you have comprehension skills.

Jonathan has tried, Fashola has tried. But while there is work still to do and while our people are still lacking compared to the rest of the world then our leaders can not be boastful. That's what tge President is saying when he suggested he wishing for a better future for the next generation.

It was a gracious and modest comment which should not attract any insults. If Fashola is superman why did he not collect form and run for President? Why is he waiting for Tinubu to give him permission?
because the party is full of understanding and mature people not like the selfish people in PDP, I will never forget the kind of presidential primaries of the APC forever . Best ever in NIGERIA history .

2 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by rumours: 5:05am On Jan 15, 2015
Small "Lagos cannot become New York under 8yrs..." But Nigeria can become heaven in 6years of GEJ administration. Just listen to yourself. And you are there telling someone else to be reasonable!! It is unfortunate.

prinznazzy:

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by kingiji(m): 5:18am On Jan 15, 2015
Na true yarn, success n failure r nt together[b][/b]
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Kreamie(m): 5:23am On Jan 15, 2015
Give me one good reason why he should be the one to fight the insurgency!? People just run their mouths sha
mirexxx:
fashola be running his maut lyk tap...go fight boko boys na... na 2 Sidon 4 one side dey blab nonsense

#peace#dont quote me kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19, Kogi: Sagay Advises FG To Send NCDC Officials Back With Full Security / Senator Dino Melaye Reacts To The Invitation Of Police Force / Femi Adesina Wishes 'Wailing Wailers' Merry Christmas, Gets Blasted For It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.