Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" (31938 Views)

Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets / Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters / Fashola Has Failed Not Fit As Minister Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by gambit10: 9:34am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:

His generation has failed

So has Fashola

Fashola did not solve all the problems in Lagos did he?

Fashola solved more problems than ur dum-dum president and ministers put together QED
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by patrick89(m): 9:36am On Jan 15, 2015
eighTHREAD:
you call pictures of his achievements propaganda? I can now see how much of an hater and a bigot you are. You must live faraway in alaigbo not to have noticed the several housing estates built all around lagos, the roads, the lekki bridge, the fly-overs, badagry expressway which will have a mono-rail, the schools, the parks, the buses, the neatness of lagos, the newly commissioned police station etc. You don't live in lagos and you probably don't have access to google. Simple
bros nobody is talking about bigot or tribe here!! their generation has failed!!!! Just look at Steve Jobs, and other IT CEOs are all their age mates, look at electronics giants, Automobile and other money spinning companies that generate millions of jobs to the youths!! Now tell me what we have in Nigeria? Look at fashola, he built roads and school he was elected to do with people's taxes and he is feeling like a king!!
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Bayswater: 9:36am On Jan 15, 2015
eighTHREAD:
yes, several of those, except police station which wasn't his responsibility but that of FG, but he still went ahead to give them a world class structure.

you are really pathetic. Like I said earlier, you don't and have never lived in lagos for you not to have noticed the change. Goodbye

Name the several estates? Name the several flyovers. It seems Fashola has been building those in dozen.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Orikinla(m): 9:37am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:
Just before Fashola becomes boastful about his records he should take a drive around Lagos

Lagos is not yet New York

While we still have poor people who can not afford to eat 3 square meals, while we still have people in Ikeja who can not afford to eat at any joint in VI then we must be level headed about our records. There is still a lot of work to be done!

[size=18pt]You are just shamelessly re-tarded ignoramus.
Lagos is the only state in Nigeria attracting the biggest foreign investors and why Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa.

Lagos is the biggest economy in West Africa.

The GDP of Lagos alone exceeds that of Kenya, east Africa’s beefiest economy. When Nigeria’s GDP is reassessed (“rebased”, in IMF jargon) by new criteria that include earnings not on the official balance-sheet, its gap with South Africa, the continent’s largest economy, will narrow. Nigeria’s GDP may rise, according to its own bureau of statistics, by 40% to around $350 billion, not far off South Africa’s $400-plus billion. If Nigeria goes on growing by 7% a year (as it is expected to in 2013) against South Africa’s present 3%, it will become Africa’s biggest economy within a decade. Together, the two economies already account for a good half of the GDP of sub-Saharan Africa’s 49 countries.

President Goodluck Jonathan takes as much credit as he can. “A new political culture has emerged,” he says, along with “a clear electoral process”, a reference to his victory in 2011. “Corruption and issues of governance are being vigorously tackled on all fronts.” He hails Nigeria as “the largest destination of FDI [foreign direct investment] in Africa”. Calling for a revival of the moribund farm sector, he promises that Nigeria will have “no imports of rice by 2015-2016”, whereas it is now the world’s largest buyer of it.

In Mrs Okonjo-Iweala and Akinwumi Adesina, he has two dynamic ministers, at finance and agriculture respectively. Mrs Okonjo-Iweala boasts of achieving macro-stability through fiscal rectitude, reducing debt, privatisation and e

ncouraging a more open and diverse economy, rather than one that still relies for more than 95% of its foreign revenues on oil.
https://www.nairaland.com/1358024/lagos-gdp-exceeds-kenya-east

New Innovation Hub to Create 50,000 Direct Jobs
Lagos State Commissioner for Science and Technology, Mr. Adebiyi Mabadeje

By Emma Okonji

Promoters of the SmartCity Innovation Hub technology project have promised to create 50,000 direct employments in the next five years. The hub is designed to promote economic diversification and to move the country towards a knowledge-based economy. The promoters of the SmartCity Innovation Hub include: the Federal Ministry of Communications Technology, National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), and the Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON).

The project is a bold move to bring together technology, government and society in ways that promote the culture of innovation and the competitiveness between allied businesses and knowledge-based institutions.

Speaking at a presentation of the project to technology industry stakeholders in Lagos, the promoters said the hub would create 50,000 direct employments.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/new-innovation-hub-to-create-50-000-direct-jobs/199200/[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by cocokiller1(f): 9:39am On Jan 15, 2015
manny4life:
Fashola talks too much nowadays, at every slightest opportunity, he attacks the president. GEJ started all this, now everyone insults him. If it were in some places in Africa, the story would have been different.
don't mind dem
goodluck is jst too cool headed nd dy mistake dat for foolishness
fashola naw has a leaking mouth like dat hyena of d creeks called amaechi
I jst urge my fellow rivers people to help kick Apc out of rivers state in d coming governorship election
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 15, 2015
rumours:

Small "Lagos cannot become New York under 8yrs..." But Nigeria can become heaven in 6years of GEJ administration. Just listen to yourself. And you are there telling someone else to be reasonable!! It is unfortunate.

here we go again....no we can't.....bt dat doesn't mean he Shuld take us backwards...we r back talkin abt religion, tribe, no more security, increased unemployment... infact increased poverty......he Shuld hav left us where we were.....despite Hw bad some Ppl might say obj's tenure was, we knew we were nt goin backwards...same thing yar' adua........nw we can even sense civil war under jona...takin us bk to d 70s....have u been reasonable enough to sense Dis?
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by patrick89(m): 9:41am On Jan 15, 2015
tbaba1234:

Fashola has commissioned more projects and built more infrastructure than any Lagos Governor in my lifetime.

Tinubu improved revenue collection and was forced to do that because OBJ refused to release Lagos money.

Fashola has definitely built on that system because revenue generation has grown under Fashola.
omg commissioning projects are what he was elected to do, and he should be grateful to people for electing him, not the other way round. Their generation has no legacy for the youths!! They are failures!! Google alone make more money than Nigeria.. What has he developed as his own idea? If he has not done that then he is not only a failure but a catastrophe!!
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by ojororepete: 9:46am On Jan 15, 2015
Ba common sense
mikeansy:
Just before Fashola becomes boastful about his records he should take a drive around Lagos

While we still have poor people who can not afford to eat 3 square meals, while we still have people in Ikeja who can not afford to eat at any joint in VI then we must be level headed about our records. There is still a lot of work to be done!
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 15, 2015
patrick89:
omg commissioning projects are what he was elected to do, and he should be grateful to people for electing him, not the other way round. Their generation has no legacy for the youths!! They are failures!! Google alone make more money than Nigeria.. What has he developed as his own idea? If he has not done that then he is not only a failure but a catastrophe!!
r u sayin Lagos has nt improved drastically?....do u even kno whr Lagos is?.......if u do,u wuld never compare fashola n jona....DR's a reason y 1 accepted failure....Whr's d vision 2020 dey whr yellin abt....come off Ur brainwashed cell.....its becoming so pathetic
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by ojororepete: 9:48am On Jan 15, 2015
grin cheesy :DHe no get shoe
ToyozzieTohBad:
OTUOKE YA!! ILE YA ODUN IMALE grin

Photos and video from Bauchi State Governor son's wedding
http:///7a8
:DHe no get shoe
ToyozzieTohBad:
OTUOKE YA!! ILE YA ODUN IMALE grin

Photos and video from Bauchi State Governor son's wedding
http:///7a8
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by patrick89(m): 9:55am On Jan 15, 2015
prinznazzy:

r u sayin Lagos has nt improved drastically?....do u even kno whr Lagos is?.......if u do,u wuld never compare fashola n jona....DR's a reason y 1 accepted failure....Whr's d vision 2020 dey whr yellin abt....come off Ur brainwashed cell.....its becoming so pathetic
bros you really expect me to follow in to your mudslinging? No I'm talking about innovation, can you compare Lagos's wealth with APPLE's wealth? You are fighting very hard to prove a point! I can tell you that the younger generation has done very well more than their generation.. What were they doing when automobiles, ITs, and electronic giants were establishing? That's what we are talking about and not political issue that will continue to mislead the masses!!
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by 9jatatafo(m): 10:04am On Jan 15, 2015
Gov Fashola is part of the GEJ's generation that failed this country. All the work Fashola is doing is to make more money for the Lagos State Government and not for the masses. Most of you insfratural development are road expansions so as to make your BRT buses go to the nooks and cranny of the state to make money. Fashola I respect you a lot you fu.cked up big time, this time around
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 15, 2015
Bayswater:

Name the several estates? Name the several flyovers. It seems Fashola has been building those in dozen.
below are pictures of the estate from nairaland threads, ignoramus. www.nairaland.com/1823274/fashola-commissions-oba-lateef-adeyemi again www.nairaland.com/1823274/fashola-commissions-oba-lateef-adeyemi/1 again www.nairaland.com/1252391/fashola-commissions-emeka-anyaoku-housing . Those are just a few. There's also one in ogba and another along anthony....there are more. Are you satisfied? Google for more.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by loomer: 10:15am On Jan 15, 2015
ALL OF UNA FAILED NIGERIA WETHER UNA LIKE AM OR NOT.

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 15, 2015
patrick89:
bros nobody is talking about bigot or tribe here!! their generation has failed!!!! Just look at Steve Jobs, and other IT CEOs are all their age mates, look at electronics giants, Automobile and other money spinning companies that generate millions of jobs to the youths!! Now tell me what we have in Nigeria? Look at fashola, he built roads and school he was elected to do with people's taxes and he is feeling like a king!!
if everyone becomes a CEO, who will now govern or preside over national issues? We are talking of leaders that failed and not CEOs. Mugu
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 15, 2015
patrick89:
bros you really expect me to follow in to your mudslinging? No I'm talking about innovation, can you compare Lagos's wealth with APPLE's wealth? You are fighting very hard to prove a point! I can tell you that the younger generation has done very well more than their generation.. What were they doing when automobiles, ITs, and electronic giants were establishing? That's what we are talking about and not political issue that will continue to mislead the masses!!
we are talking about leaders that failed, not CEOs. Saying that fashola failed cos he didn't invent anything like steve jobs is like saying obama failed too, cos last I checked, he didn't invent anything too. These men are leaders and not CEOs of companies. You can't expect everyone to be inventors cos some where made to lead.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 15, 2015
patrick89:
my guy, d govt itself didn't help matters in making things easy....u r sayin apple's wealth...can u compare d education Dis Ppl r exposed to? caltech in California is 1 of d best uni currently n dr's lil surprise wit d sudden n continued rise of apple having dr main base in California....dr govt laid down n encouraged education at d highest.....whr r we today...infact our universities r dying n using past glory instead of improving...I said past cos dey were better under d older regimes n Shuld hav just continued improving.....r u still tryin hard to c ma point?
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by patrick89(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2015
prinznazzy:

my guy, d govt itself didn't help matters in making things easy....u r sayin apple's wealth...can u compare d education Dis Ppl r exposed to? caltech in California is 1 of d best uni currently n dr's lil surprise wit d sudden n continued rise of apple having dr main base in California....dr govt laid down n encouraged education at d highest.....whr r we today...infact our universities r dying n using past glory instead of improving...I said past cos dey were better under d older regimes n Shuld hav just continued improving.....r u still tryin hard to c ma point?
yes! But can you mention anything the American's youths can bring out on their own, Nigerian's youths have not brough out? Talk about websites, they have Facebook we have nairaland, they have MeDia take, TMZ we have LIB and Bella Niger, they develop apps, we develop our own too, they musics and movies we have our own. So what can you say that their(fashola) generation has done to match their counterparts overboard? I can see how you try as much as possible to stick the argument on politics! But no generation cuts across board!.. So bros, they are failures!!!
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by patrick89(m): 10:33am On Jan 15, 2015
eighTHREAD:
we are talking about leaders that failed, not CEOs. Saying that fashola failed cos he didn't invent anything like steve jobs is like saying obama failed too, cos last I checked, he didn't invent anything too. These men are leaders and not CEOs of companies. You can't expect everyone to be inventors cos some where made to lead.
GEJ didn't say "leaders" he said Generation! You see they have Steve jobs, who do we have? Even wole soyinka, and Emeka anyaoku's generation were far better!!
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by patrick89(m): 10:34am On Jan 15, 2015
eighTHREAD:
if everyone becomes a CEO, who will now govern or preside over national issues? We are talking of leaders that failed and not CEOs. Mugu
you obviously don't know what Generation means!!
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by emmynent(m): 10:45am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:

what's this one saying,is it every whr in the new york that is very good...is it every one in d new york that can avoid 3 square meal..try to praise some1 that has done good brother,akpabio of pdp also try in akwa ibom
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:

So has Fashola

I was taking you a bit seriously until you made this comment. Do you even live in Lagos or at least school there? Pls live comments about the development of Lagos to those of us who have actually experi ended it first hand. No man can solve a whole nation's problem. However when comparing his failures to his successes, that a lone should tell you where he leans towards. That said, Jonathan is a failure and Fashola is a success.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by redcliff: 11:03am On Jan 15, 2015
Swiftboy:
but I think Fashola talks too much. Should Goodluck still win this election? I think he's a Yoruba man and we Yorubas have great value for respect...I'll see how much and how fast they can out do GEJ should they win. The transformation that they cant see,I'll be watching from a corner to see if all these stunts they've been pulling just to get votes from us will lead to because leadership is a big responsibility.

The only reason i dont want this present govt is because over the years nothing really substantial has come out from them...which is what the opposition is using as an advantage over them which i dont blame them though.. so if we are not happy so far about this present govt and their antics, why dont we try other people and if they are in the opposition, why not? Theres no harm in trying.. there is a 50 percent change we can choose right this time...so wth i would say...why not?
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by efilefun(m): 11:05am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:

And before you start running ur mouth tell me one single project Jonathan commissioned in Lagos state
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 15, 2015
mikeansy:

Before you call others dumbo check if you have comprehension skills.

Jonathan has tried, Fashola has tried. But while there is work still to do and while our people are still lacking compared to the rest of the world then our leaders can not be boastful. That's what tge President is saying when he suggested he wishing for a better future for the next generation.

It was a gracious and modest comment which should not attract any insults. If Fashola is superman why did he not collect form and run for President? Why is he waiting for Tinubu to give him permission?

Fashola didn't run for president because he isn't greedy. He knows what he's capable of that's why he stuck to being a governor where he can be most productive. If he was a president he might not be as productive. Thus, know thy self. Being a president is not all about the title, it comes with great responsibilities too. If you cannot do the job, simply waka and allow somebody else who can.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by pinkhill(f): 11:09am On Jan 15, 2015
even one's father can't solve all the problems in his child's life...
mikeansy:

So has Fashola

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Osarieme415(m): 11:14am On Jan 15, 2015
GEJ was right in his assertion.This generation of leaders have failed this country and the principle of collective responsibility should apply when it to comes to apportioning blame. Fashola has done well but it is impossible for his administration to impact all Lagosians.Even my guardian tells me his generation has failed this country.When he was in Unilag, food was free and two students were entitled to a whole chicken everyday but now as I dey here;if you dare think of free food in 'Lag or any other public uni,u no go believe your eye when u go start to wash plate.All because of that swine OBJ and Colonel Ahmadu Alli(Rtd) who subsidized education
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 15, 2015
patrick89:
GEJ didn't say "leaders" he said Generation! You see they have Steve jobs, who do we have? Even wole soyinka, and Emeka anyaoku's generation were far better!!
what's the difference? A Generation consists of all humans that exist in it most of which are leaders, CEOs, doctors, teachers, engineers etc.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by starlingbawa(m): 11:54am On Jan 15, 2015
eighTHREAD:
he can't solve all the problem at once, but he has shown us that it is possible by laying a good foundation. Btw, I don't think you live in lagos cos if you do, you'd know that the man keeps commissioning projects every week as if he's going for another tenure.

I quite agree with you and I dare say he's one of the best Governors presently. What I don't appreciate of is the unsavoury remarks he made against GEJ.
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by patrick89(m): 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
eighTHREAD:
what's the difference? A Generation consists of all humans that exist in it most of which are leaders, CEOs, doctors, teachers, engineers etc.
we are on the same page!
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Ephiezy4real(m): 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
go to Akwa Ibom and again compare the revenue of lagos with any other state with a budget of almost 500bn yearly!!!! what has he really done with these funds. dont 4get lagos alone accounts for at least 30% of the debts owed by the 36 states! so, whats he saying? how far with lagos-badagry road? etc
haryomikun:

Yeah. But please just tell me ONE present nigerian governor who changed his state more than fashola. No offense but am not sure you live in lagos during d days of tinubu. Odawise, u'll know fashola has done better dan many oda governors
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Yungmilio2(m): 12:28pm On Jan 15, 2015
attoskoly:

fashola should shut up. lagos is the eaiest place to develop because everything was done by federal government for lagos for over 90yrs. the only thing to do in lagos is just cleaning up. why didnt he go to his state ekiti and change it to London as he claims? imagine tomorrow abuja becomes a state and then one governor comes there to brag.
You mixing it up
Lagos 2014 was far better than Lagos 2001 - Thanks to Fashola
Nigeria 2001 was better than Nigeria 2014 - Thanks to PDP n Jona
By the way
I live in Abuja - nothing special about abj
I
Lasgidi the easiest place to develop? is like saying
India is the easiest country to develop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okorocha's Sister Who Pocketed N600m While Pensioners Suffer - Facebook User / President Buhari Is Meeting With APC Presidential Aspirants In Abuja / Police Officer On Duty Caught On Camera Drunk (picture,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.