Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division (22103 Views)

Governor Wike "Changes His Name" Over Dismissal Of 6 Policemen In Rivers. Photos / Soldiers Protest Non-payment Of Allowances In Yola / Nigerian Soldiers Protest Against Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by dhantey324(m): 11:05am On Jan 17, 2015
theV0ice:

Do you imagine THISDAY will publish this kind of news if it isn't true? wink

Shebi dem visit 'NUJ office' ni, why no pictures?..
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by theV0ice: 11:08am On Jan 17, 2015
dhantey324:

Shebi dem visit 'NUJ office' ni, why no pictures?..

i wonder too

i also wonder if the almighty THISDAY has been compromised by the opposition.

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by dhantey324(m): 11:14am On Jan 17, 2015
arent88:
did u just say are mearnt to die.i bet u hav no member of either ur immidiate or extended family serving in the military thats why u made such comment.

At a time in the WW2, soldiers were paired two to a gun and Hitler was conquered.. With the training they are given, any condition u meet ursef in action, u face it n overcome. Besides, the authenticity of this news cannot be proven.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by ebucha: 11:28am On Jan 17, 2015
When I brought this to Nairaland some people here like atiwireless called me names. Now u can see for urself. Link to my post. https://www.nairaland.com/2089659/army-secretely-dismissed-over-300 .

60% of these soldiers were in Sudan,Liberia, Sierralone and Mali. They have tested at least two battles. But today they politicians choose to use them as pawns on the chess board. Imagine what will happen if this well trained and experienced soldiers decide to sustain their families via crime!

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:

No picture no video

And

You guys believe grin
Must you have a video or picture of a military trial before you know that those guys are saying the truth? You are even more clueless than GEJ.

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by samuelmag: 11:31am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
Soldiers are meant to die in battle field and not sit in barracks and take pepper soup. Mr sergeant whether it's sticks u were giving, use it and fight. I thought it use to be obey before complain.
Only God will judge stupid people like U,my broda is a galant soja in dat baraks n was servin in yola.if U knw wat dey go tru evryday to fight insurgens U won't be blabing rubish,go n ask sojas dat hav been to battle field den U wil knw d inhuman treatment dey get and d lack of logistics dey get.why will U dismiss sojas wtout givin dem proper hearin to justify dere actions.retreatin is part of warfare,will dey retreat if dey wre not overpowerd?y will U den dismis dem.have u been to a battle field or fout insurgens b4?FG shuld beta luk into dis.
A lot of pple here will talkin trash God will mek it afect all of u den u will knw!

3 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by otunbadan(m): 11:34am On Jan 17, 2015
free2naira:
Evidently there's a rapid decline in the level of discipline in the Nigerian Armed Forces.

Evidently there's a rapid decline in the level of MORALE in the Nigerian Armed Forces.

2 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by mcprince32(m): 11:36am On Jan 17, 2015
If you are the President, what would be you reaction? Lets know when one is pointing accusing fingers rightly.

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by otunbadan(m): 11:46am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
Soldiers are meant to die in battle field and not sit in barracks and take pepper soup. Mr sergeant whether it's sticks u were giving, use it and fight. I thought it use to be obey before complain.

Go and buy enlistment form, the Army needs ode like you that is Jet Li....that will fight rifle with stick, you think this is a movie bah? And some stupid people are liking the comment. There is bravery and then there is stupidity, you my friend are on the stupidest graph side.

4 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by otunbadan(m): 11:51am On Jan 17, 2015
luckshine007:

Y did they join the army if the re nt ready to obey simple order or they think say na just to dey beat innocent people na b their work

Buy army form, and join, den come back and check you dictionary for the following words
1. Simple
2. Obey
3. Order
4. Die

2 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
Oga sir that is why i didn't not join the military. Were they forced to join After all its the same weapons they claim they don't have, that BH collected from them. Don't get me wrong, i know they are underfunded but so is every sector in Nigeria.

My dear you need to take a seat. There are many reasons people join the armed forces. I have a relative who joined because of lack of employment. Youve got to make ends meet somehow. For once, see something from the other person's point of view before ranting. You just sound ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by klodike(m): 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hahahahaha, i dey madt walahi. But waris is your buSYness
otunbadan:

Go and buy enlistment form, the Army needs ode like you that is Jet Li....that will fight rifle with stick, you think this is a movie bah? And some stupid people are liking the comment. There is bravery and then there is stupidity, you my friend are on the stupidest graph side.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by klodike(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
Sorry ooh. But i didn't send your brother to join military ooh.
samuelmag:

Only God will judge stupid people like U,my broda is a galant soja in dat baraks n was servin in yola.if U knw wat dey go tru evryday to fight insurgens U won't be blabing rubish,go n ask sojas dat hav been to battle field den U wil knw d inhuman treatment dey get and d lack of logistics dey get.why will U dismiss sojas wtout givin dem proper hearin to justify dere actions.retreatin is part of warfare,will dey retreat if dey wre not overpowerd?y will U den dismis dem.have u been to a battle field or fout insurgens b4?FG shuld beta luk into dis.
A lot of pple here will talkin trash God will mek it afect all of u den u will knw!
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
free2naira:
Evidently there's a rapid decline in the level of discipline in the Nigerian Armed Forces.
I smell civil war II

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by klodike(m): 12:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
I see!!! Ignorant indeed.
netizenbuzz:

My dear you need to take a seat. There are many reasons people join the armed forces. I have a relative who joined because of lack of employment. Youve got to make ends meet somehow. For once, see something from the other person's point of view before ranting. You just sound ignorant.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by samxylino(m): 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:

depends on d battle dude
so conscript soldiers re also meant to die on d battlefield
I wish Nigeria was like is real were dudes like u re meant to b force to serve in d army and b deploy to war front...den u wud knw if soldiers are meant to die
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by zyonpendrahgon: 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
soldier are meant to die in battle........ Dats wat doctors said until ebola came and they saw they were not supposed to die like rats.
Death doesnt respect you or me, i know you feel you are secure cos u wear tie and shoes to work, one day u ll understand how life works, when death looks you in d eyes and smile. U never know how it will come but it will one day. God bless the nigerian army, God bless those young guys and ladies who forget they have relatives to fight for me and you. God bless every oda nigerian citizen that feels their pain, as for you. Pray u wont witness what they are seeing now
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nten: 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
Reference:

And how many are they compared to the thousands in active service and in active combat. There will be casualties in any significant conflict anywhere in the world and rebellion within the ranks of any armed force any country can muster. It is human. Acts of bravery, acts of cowardice, acts of sacrifice, acts of revolt. Those who win will take risks. I repeat again. No soldier, airman or sailor in any force anywhere in the world did not wish he had better equipment in the heat of battle. Most armed forces grow to meet their challenges.

3,000 sailors and scores of ships were lost at Pearl Harbour and in the early years of the Pacific conflict no one could stop the Japanese advance. Many soldier diead, many rebelled but the American armed force stood resolutely, learnt, adapted and today is the biggest war machine ever.

They grew, they learnt through conflict, through many wars, through suffering, through loss not in peace time, not in plenty, and certainly not in rebellion.

Let those who want to rebel do so. The armed forces will outlive them and survive their cowardice. Prunning is necessary for growth. Their CO was right. Dismissing them at home is better than cowardice is battle. I cannot have a traitor, a coward fight beside me. That is one too many enemies to fight.
you see that is the problem with the Nigerian scenario and that is the continuos imbroglio we will continue enmeshing ourselves in. We fail to attack the problem rather we celebrate the problem. I am not talking about casualties i am talking of gross sabotaging within the military senior ranks in the face of massive corruption.

The countries you are mentioning, did their soldiers died as a result of the senior cadre embezzling and stealing funds meant for arms? NO

Are their wounded soldiers or war veterans not paid entitlements and benefits? NO

Are their soldiers in active combat not paid allowances as at when due? NO

The Nigerian Army that is about 55yrs old from independence still complaining about weapon is regrettably lugubrious! It means these men have been enduring this thrash for this long hence the rebellion. Now instead of this disgruntled elements fix the problem they caused they hurriedly dismiss them without a chance to fair hearing and trial because that would be tantamount to exposition. Have they solved the issue? No

u say they are still thousands in active service abi?, they would continue dismissing and executing them untill they are few or no soldiers left for combat.

2 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Absoj(m): 12:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
I bet u. haven't experience the least of confrontation- armed robbery attack. If u had u wldnt say this. Co's dat itself wld av made u see reality.U seem to forget they are humans and d military unlike before seems to get more enlightened dan the zombie days where they don't reason for themselves but rely on superior directives...things are changing dis days man.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nten: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
jazzy4naija:
On the morning of 25th November 2014 Soldiers were ordered to advance to Bazza a village close to Michika local govt of Adamawa state. The soldiers obeyed this order like they were expected to. This advance was carried out without any support weapon but based on the initial assurance that boko haram terrorist group has been dislodged by artillery fire and air bombardment the soldiers were told to just go and occupy the ground.
  The bridge linking Michika and other parts of Adamawa was earlier destroyed so as to prevent the insurgence from capturing other towns most especially Mubi the home town of the CDS. About a week prior to the advance, 23 SER Jos was tasked to construct a combat bridge against the advice of officers and soldiers in the operation who argued that they lack the equipment to protect the people and towns that was the reason why the bridge was destroyed in the first place. But the then Brigade Commander Colonel Victor Ebaleme refused to listen to anyone and advised the GOC 3 Division  to authorised the construction of a bridge which he did.
  When the soldiers got to Bazza (the town where Lieutenant Col Obasanjo was shot), the insurgents and soldiers exchanged fire and there was casualty on both sides. The soldiers had to withdraw when they were running out of ammunition because there was no plan to replenish them when they were send out.  Note it was the same day the combat bridge was to be finished. The soldiers withdrew to the foot of the bridge to await further instruction . Less than 2 hours after the completion of the bridge, the insurgent attacked and took over the bridge killing some of the engineer soldiers and soldiers of the so called Battalions that were earlier tasked to go and occupy Bazza.
  The soldiers regrouped as early as 0500hrs at Askira/Uba for the purpose of going to recapture the bridge but by then the BHT had already crossed with their equipment and were advancing to go and capture Askira/Uba and Mubi. The soldiers exchanged fire with them and based on the fact that they withdrew earlier for lack of ammunition from Bazza , the were still not replenish as at the time BHT attacked so it was only the APCs that were engaging them. When the APCs could no longer hold them, they withdrew to Pella Junction in Hong local Government.
All the commanding officers have been in detention ever since and the troops were withdrawn to Jos except Task Force Mike which was left in Yola to assist in the movement of combat supplies. But there is a signal that all soldiers involved in the operation should be dismissed and there are 5 battalions (213, 234,116 Task Force Mike and Army Headquarters Special forceas team A) . Though the soldiers have been released to go back to their units , this is a plan to decentralise them so that their units will dismiss them in smaller numbers to avoid anyone raising eye brow .The order is to be effected before the 10 January. There was no time this soldiers refuse to fight . They only withdraw when the come under superior fire power. Their numbers are not up to 5 battalions as required by ORBAT ,the equipment  provided to them is not up to what a company should have but the army wants to dismiss men who have served it in the best way the can. There was never a time the military had conducted an investigation on the conduct of this soldiers but they are fast to condemn them even for it failure. If u provide the battalions with the requirements to fight then you have every right to crucify them when they fail. Mubi is not the first town to be captured by the insurgence but because it is the home town of the CDS every resources was deployed to recapture it. The battalions deployed there are not the first to lose ground but they army is ready to sacrifice this number of soldiers and officers because of one man.

my brother tell them oh! Is that not corruption

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
My Military Honors and Medals Speak for me. And after this North East shit that am done with since last year, a new Medal will come on board.

Am not a coward for being in the system for the past 21 years.

nacosprof:

You should have apply for curlers Job instead,.coward

What you forbid shouldn't be seen in your mouth

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by klodike(m): 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
Deat they say it's just the beginning. Do you roger that sir??
zyonpendrahgon:

soldier are meant to die in battle........ Dats wat doctors said until ebola came and they saw they were not supposed to die like rats.
Death doesnt respect you or me, i know you feel you are secure cos u wear tie and shoes to work, one day u ll understand how life works, when death looks you in d eyes and smile. U never know how it will come but it will one day. God bless the nigerian army, God bless those young guys and ladies who forget they have relatives to fight for me and you. God bless every oda nigerian citizen that feels their pain, as for you. Pray u wont witness what they are seeing now
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by otunbadan(m): 1:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
Hahahahaha, i dey madt walahi. But waris is your buSYness

You for keep the thoughts in your heart,not will be my business. You put it on NL,it have become my business. Can you fight guns with sticks you self?
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
You don't even know the deep poo Nigeria has got into.

Let me inform you peepz. Immediately some of these guys got dismissed, they tracked some armed police and siezed their rifles. Now that is Jos. As at last count, the total number of soldiers dismissed this week alone is close to 800. If you have a brother in the system ask them about what l just posted now.

3 battalions were disbanded to get this issue of dismissed soldiers undergound. Ikom had 55 soliers dismissed, on Friday 16 January 2015.

EMPERORSKY:
Hmmmm,I won't be surprised if the military seize power cos for d first time in history we heard of mutiny in d Nigerian Army nd now dismissal of over 227 officers who just came back from service.Den d reason for celebrating Armed Forces Remembrance Day is nullified
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
Bro thanks for bring this to their notice. With the dismissal in small numbers and these comrades in arms can create a state of chaos far worse than Boko Haram.

jazzy4naija:
On the morning of 25th November 2014 Soldiers were ordered to advance to Bazza a village close to Michika local govt of Adamawa state. The soldiers obeyed this order like they were expected to. This advance was carried out without any support weapon but based on the initial assurance that boko haram terrorist group has been dislodged by artillery fire and air bombardment the soldiers were told to just go and occupy the ground.
  The bridge linking Michika and other parts of Adamawa was earlier destroyed so as to prevent the insurgence from capturing other towns most especially Mubi the home town of the CDS. About a week prior to the advance, 23 SER Jos was tasked to construct a combat bridge against the advice of officers and soldiers in the operation who argued that they lack the equipment to protect the people and towns that was the reason why the bridge was destroyed in the first place. But the then Brigade Commander Colonel Victor Ebaleme refused to listen to anyone and advised the GOC 3 Division  to authorised the construction of a bridge which he did.
  When the soldiers got to Bazza (the town where Lieutenant Col Obasanjo was shot), the insurgents and soldiers exchanged fire and there was casualty on both sides. The soldiers had to withdraw when they were running out of ammunition because there was no plan to replenish them when they were send out.  Note it was the same day the combat bridge was to be finished. The soldiers withdrew to the foot of the bridge to await further instruction . Less than 2 hours after the completion of the bridge, the insurgent attacked and took over the bridge killing some of the engineer soldiers and soldiers of the so called Battalions that were earlier tasked to go and occupy Bazza.
  The soldiers regrouped as early as 0500hrs at Askira/Uba for the purpose of going to recapture the bridge but by then the BHT had already crossed with their equipment and were advancing to go and capture Askira/Uba and Mubi. The soldiers exchanged fire with them and based on the fact that they withdrew earlier for lack of ammunition from Bazza , the were still not replenish as at the time BHT attacked so it was only the APCs that were engaging them. When the APCs could no longer hold them, they withdrew to Pella Junction in Hong local Government.
All the commanding officers have been in detention ever since and the troops were withdrawn to Jos except Task Force Mike which was left in Yola to assist in the movement of combat supplies. But there is a signal that all soldiers involved in the operation should be dismissed and there are 5 battalions (213, 234,116 Task Force Mike and Army Headquarters Special forceas team A) . Though the soldiers have been released to go back to their units , this is a plan to decentralise them so that their units will dismiss them in smaller numbers to avoid anyone raising eye brow .The order is to be effected before the 10 January. There was no time this soldiers refuse to fight . They only withdraw when the come under superior fire power. Their numbers are not up to 5 battalions as required by ORBAT ,the equipment  provided to them is not up to what a company should have but the army wants to dismiss men who have served it in the best way the can. There was never a time the military had conducted an investigation on the conduct of this soldiers but they are fast to condemn them even for it failure. If u provide the battalions with the requirements to fight then you have every right to crucify them when they fail. Mubi is not the first town to be captured by the insurgence but because it is the home town of the CDS every resources was deployed to recapture it. The battalions deployed there are not the first to lose ground but they army is ready to sacrifice this number of soldiers and officers because of one man.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by austinbrown: 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
o boy u harsh o, na wrestling them dey fight?

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
free2naira:
since 1966.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
If i were u guys, i go dey happy o...Cos na anoda opportunity to live normal civilian life be dat o.. Abi una won die for B.H hand?
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by otokx(m): 2:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
All these soldiers they are dismissing can become another thing in the future. They have knowledge in handling of assorted weaponry. This is not looking good at all if true.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by bameyi(m): 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
otokx:
Tomorrow some will say CNN is biased when in effect its the reality of the situation.

Thank you just took the words out of my mouth
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by BlackTechnology: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
ehie:
Sun tzu art of war: regard your soldiers as if they were your children and they will follow you into the deepest valley.look to them as if they were your sons and they will stand by you even onto death.

" A commander can transform a group of coward civilians into an invincible army, if he makes it clear to them everyday that he trains them to be the best in order for them to survive to receive honour and praise from friends and foes." EXPERIENCE cool

Nigerian military should encourage the lieutenants to re train their troops with these slogan in words and deeds in order to build back the spirit of comradeship. wink
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by BlackTechnology: 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
dhantey324:

At a time in the WW2, soldiers were paired two to a gun and Hitler was conquered.. With the training they are given, any condition u meet ursef in action, u face it n overcome. Besides, the authenticity of this news cannot be proven.

A gun to two soldiers and 5bullets for each soldier

Battle of Stalingrad Russia WW2 grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose, Kashamu Disagree Over Buhari / Governor Ihedioha Appoints Kanu Nwankwo As His Special Assistant On Sports (Pics / Nigeria Safe, Ignore Liars – Lai Mohammed To Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.