Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division (22109 Views)

Governor Wike "Changes His Name" Over Dismissal Of 6 Policemen In Rivers. Photos / Soldiers Protest Non-payment Of Allowances In Yola / Nigerian Soldiers Protest Against Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by jazzy4naija(m): 9:07am On Jan 17, 2015
On the morning of 25th November 2014 Soldiers were ordered to advance to Bazza a village close to Michika local govt of Adamawa state. The soldiers obeyed this order like they were expected to. This advance was carried out without any support weapon but based on the initial assurance that boko haram terrorist group has been dislodged by artillery fire and air bombardment the soldiers were told to just go and occupy the ground.
  The bridge linking Michika and other parts of Adamawa was earlier destroyed so as to prevent the insurgence from capturing other towns most especially Mubi the home town of the CDS. About a week prior to the advance, 23 SER Jos was tasked to construct a combat bridge against the advice of officers and soldiers in the operation who argued that they lack the equipment to protect the people and towns that was the reason why the bridge was destroyed in the first place. But the then Brigade Commander Colonel Victor Ebaleme refused to listen to anyone and advised the GOC 3 Division  to authorised the construction of a bridge which he did.
  When the soldiers got to Bazza (the town where Lieutenant Col Obasanjo was shot), the insurgents and soldiers exchanged fire and there was casualty on both sides. The soldiers had to withdraw when they were running out of ammunition because there was no plan to replenish them when they were send out.  Note it was the same day the combat bridge was to be finished. The soldiers withdrew to the foot of the bridge to await further instruction . Less than 2 hours after the completion of the bridge, the insurgent attacked and took over the bridge killing some of the engineer soldiers and soldiers of the so called Battalions that were earlier tasked to go and occupy Bazza.
  The soldiers regrouped as early as 0500hrs at Askira/Uba for the purpose of going to recapture the bridge but by then the BHT had already crossed with their equipment and were advancing to go and capture Askira/Uba and Mubi. The soldiers exchanged fire with them and based on the fact that they withdrew earlier for lack of ammunition from Bazza , the were still not replenish as at the time BHT attacked so it was only the APCs that were engaging them. When the APCs could no longer hold them, they withdrew to Pella Junction in Hong local Government.
All the commanding officers have been in detention ever since and the troops were withdrawn to Jos except Task Force Mike which was left in Yola to assist in the movement of combat supplies. But there is a signal that all soldiers involved in the operation should be dismissed and there are 5 battalions (213, 234,116 Task Force Mike and Army Headquarters Special forceas team A) . Though the soldiers have been released to go back to their units , this is a plan to decentralise them so that their units will dismiss them in smaller numbers to avoid anyone raising eye brow .The order is to be effected before the 10 January. There was no time this soldiers refuse to fight . They only withdraw when the come under superior fire power. Their numbers are not up to 5 battalions as required by ORBAT ,the equipment  provided to them is not up to what a company should have but the army wants to dismiss men who have served it in the best way the can. There was never a time the military had conducted an investigation on the conduct of this soldiers but they are fast to condemn them even for it failure. If u provide the battalions with the requirements to fight then you have every right to crucify them when they fail. Mubi is not the first town to be captured by the insurgence but because it is the home town of the CDS every resources was deployed to recapture it. The battalions deployed there are not the first to lose ground but they army is ready to sacrifice this number of soldiers and officers because of one man.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by arent88(m): 9:09am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
Soldiers are meant to die in battle field and not sit in barracks and take pepper soup. Mr sergeant whether it's sticks u were giving, use it and fight. I thought it use to be obey before complain.
did u just say are mearnt to die.i bet u hav no member of either ur immidiate or extended family serving in the military thats why u made such comment.

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by midolian(m): 9:10am On Jan 17, 2015
2muchopoTBdope:

U again?? because u don get small money do subscription,u just dey type rubbish.Oga save ur MB or rather, use it to download common sense. How senseless and Inhumane cud someone be?? Imagine ur dad was a solja and was killed in dis manner,maybe wen u were a little boy,hw wud u ve felt?? Bro,pls drop ur old habits,dis is a new year. I wish U all d best.
..May God bless you for this. I didn't believe my eyes wen I read hs post. So selfish and full of hate for pple dah hav bn risking their lives for nigeria..May a similar thing befall him as what befell them (if only that will make him know better)

3 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
Soldiers are meant to die in battle field and not sit in barracks and take pepper soup. Mr sergeant whether it's sticks u were giving, use it and fight. I thought it use to be obey before complain.

I CAN SEE THAT YOUR HARDDISK HAVE CRASH AND NEED SERIOUS FORMATTING
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 17, 2015
My gallant officers take heart ...from history you will now nothing can stop change. ..no oga on top ...The wind has blown and we Don see fowl nyash. .whether them like am or not..things will never be the same again..don't lose hope ..light always overcomes darkness

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by akinluyi02(m): 9:22am On Jan 17, 2015
So you people know Ho̝̊̅ώ to protest too...I can see ur colleague could not come to disperse u ppl...because thts wht u guys knw Ho̝̊̅ώ to do best when ppl A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ protesting for one reason or the other. Mtcheew!
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Afritop(m): 9:34am On Jan 17, 2015
No wonder we keep losing territories to boko haram
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Ayatullah(m): 9:34am On Jan 17, 2015
DO THE NEEDFUL!
These soldiers should do the things gallant soldiers are noted for if they believe indeed they have been unjustly treated. Protesting could earn them more pain than gain.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by kullozone(m): 9:36am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:

i read over again and i couldn't find where he said they(the soldiers)refused to fight.
They were called back to the barracks and subsequently dismissed.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by kingthreat(m): 9:37am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:

Sorry but in respect to all the soldiers who died fighting terror, "You are a proliflic F00L"

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by debeginin(m): 9:37am On Jan 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:

No picture no video

And

You guys believe grin
I live jst outside d barracks,it's true.I knw few of dem dat were affected.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by dvee2: 9:45am On Jan 17, 2015
It's the fault of the soldiers, it's the fault of CNN, it's the fault of Aisha Cisse, it's the fault of wole soyinka,it's the fault of opposition, it's the fault of Buhari, it's the fault of BBOG, why did the girls go to write exams, in short no girl is missing, it's the fault of sanusi, no money is missing. This administration is pathetic, can't take responsibilities. Nigerians your destinies are in your hands, go get your permanent voters card. The new plan is to make it difficult for you to obtain the cards so that fewer people will vote. Insist on getting your cards and vote out the most divisive president in the history of our nation.

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by InHim4Him(m): 9:49am On Jan 17, 2015
“We are surprised that we can be treated like this in our own country. We were sent to fight insurgents without weapons. A lot of our colleagues were killed in the course of defending our fatherland. Even those who are in hospitals treating injuries they sustained from battle fields were also dismissed while still on hospital admission.

You were sent to fight insurgency without weapon and you came out alive?
You didn't listen to yourself.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by magabounce(m): 9:52am On Jan 17, 2015
klodike:
Mayb if ur biological brother was sent tu Adamawa, u'd hv a diff opinion
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 17, 2015
Sun tzu art of war: regard your soldiers as if they were your children and they will follow you into the deepest valley.look to them as if they were your sons and they will stand by you even onto death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by ojuoluwani(m): 9:59am On Jan 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:

No picture no video

And

You guys believe grin
U are so stupid and bloody fool even if u don't have a Tv set in ur house and ur transistor radio is not working can't u just go to a newspaper vendor in ur area and see what is happening in the country instead of u requesting for a picture or video to belief in a news picture ko pikso ni
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by luckshine007: 10:00am On Jan 17, 2015
2muchopoTBdope:

U again?? because u don get small money do subscription,u just dey type rubbish.Oga save ur MB or rather, use it to download common sense. How senseless and Inhumane cud someone be?? Imagine ur dad was a solja and was killed in dis manner,maybe wen u were a little boy,hw wud u ve felt?? Bro,pls drop ur old habits,dis is a new year. I wish U all d best.
Y did they join the army if the re nt ready to obey simple order or they think say na just to dey beat innocent people na b their work
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by vugaman(m): 10:04am On Jan 17, 2015
Clerverly:
Nigerian soldiers are cowards! I don't have any pity for them! The should have been jailed for the offence!
you must be a criminal
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:

No picture no video

And

You guys believe grin

Look at the source. It's coming from thisday news.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by manutdadex(m): 10:15am On Jan 17, 2015
IbnSultaan:
The deserve medals nt court martial
God punish all those who send our gallant Men n Women into battle with little or nthing
these guys dey lie...if dem no use weapon...na kitchen knife dem carry go fite.??
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by manutdadex(m): 10:20am On Jan 17, 2015
2muchopoTBdope:

dude actually u need d common sense app am codin... Soldiers are like pawns in chess...they av little power in d game of chess, they get sacrificed d most...and they dont complain...as soldiers u dont need an amourd vehicle to accompany u to war..all u need is a rifle and u are good to go...but our men are freakin lazy...i wonda if dem train dem...if my papa join army today...na prayer remain
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 17, 2015
Now the nigerian army's alagbafo chris olukolade will come and deny knowledge of the said dismissal of the soldiers. Retarrds
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by dannjo(m): 10:22am On Jan 17, 2015
Mr man u are a fucking slowpoke for spewing dis rubbish, if don't have any reasonable comment why don't u close that ur stupid tin call mouth...u don't know what family of these soldier pass thru everyday, some family are not even aware that their father, brother and husband is no more.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 17, 2015
Hmmmmm I fear Mutiny in the Army Soon which may result to a military take over .This little incidents can whip up sentiments and some junior officers can stage a coup
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by dannjo(m): 10:25am On Jan 17, 2015
IbnSultaan:
The deserve medals nt court martial
God punish all those who send our gallant Men n Women into battle with little or nthing
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by shiki(m): 10:30am On Jan 17, 2015
otokx:
Tomorrow some will say CNN is biased when in effect its the reality of the situation.

Wise people don't conclude on one side stories[color=#000099][/color]
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by seunlayi(m): 10:30am On Jan 17, 2015
all they know is to harass civilians and cry like a baby when posted to warfront

2 Likes

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by Reference(m): 10:32am On Jan 17, 2015
Nten:
The revolution in Nigeria is starting from the military, a time bomb waiting to explode. If about 200 soldiers are protesting thier dismissal, about 40 challenging their unjust execution sentence and other mutiny offences because their senior officers pocket the money meant for sophisticated weapon and yet give them command to go and die. A trained gallant soldier pushed back to civil life at the peak of his career means danger to the populace.

And how many are they compared to the thousands in active service and in active combat. There will be casualties in any significant conflict anywhere in the world and rebellion within the ranks of any armed force any country can muster. It is human. Acts of bravery, acts of cowardice, acts of sacrifice, acts of revolt. Those who win will take risks. I repeat again. No soldier, airman or sailor in any force anywhere in the world did not wish he had better equipment in the heat of battle. Most armed forces grow to meet their challenges.

3,000 sailors and scores of ships were lost at Pearl Harbour and in the early years of the Pacific conflict no one could stop the Japanese advance. Many soldier diead, many rebelled but the American armed force stood resolutely, learnt, adapted and today is the biggest war machine ever.

They grew, they learnt through conflict, through many wars, through suffering, through loss not in peace time, not in plenty, and certainly not in rebellion.

Let those who want to rebel do so. The armed forces will outlive them and survive their cowardice. Prunning is necessary for growth. Their CO was right. Dismissing them at home is better than cowardice is battle. I cannot have a traitor, a coward fight beside me. That is one too many enemies to fight.

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by otokx(m): 10:33am On Jan 17, 2015
Clerverly:
Nigerian soldiers are cowards! I don't have any pity for them! The should have been jailed for the offence!

Is it not the same soldiers that did wonders in Liberia? They are not cowards.
Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by otokx(m): 10:41am On Jan 17, 2015
jazzy4naija:
On the morning of 25th November 2014 Soldiers were ordered to advance to Bazza a village close to Michika local govt of Adamawa state. The soldiers obeyed this order like they were expected to. This advance was carried out without any support weapon but based on the initial assurance that boko haram terrorist group has been dislodged by artillery fire and air bombardment the soldiers were told to just go and occupy the ground.
  The bridge linking Michika and other parts of Adamawa was earlier destroyed so as to prevent the insurgence from capturing other towns most especially Mubi the home town of the CDS. About a week prior to the advance, 23 SER Jos was tasked to construct a combat bridge against the advice of officers and soldiers in the operation who argued that they lack the equipment to protect the people and towns that was the reason why the bridge was destroyed in the first place. But the then Brigade Commander Colonel Victor Ebaleme refused to listen to anyone and advised the GOC 3 Division  to authorised the construction of a bridge which he did.
  When the soldiers got to Bazza (the town where Lieutenant Col Obasanjo was shot), the insurgents and soldiers exchanged fire and there was casualty on both sides. The soldiers had to withdraw when they were running out of ammunition because there was no plan to replenish them when they were send out.  Note it was the same day the combat bridge was to be finished. The soldiers withdrew to the foot of the bridge to await further instruction . Less than 2 hours after the completion of the bridge, the insurgent attacked and took over the bridge killing some of the engineer soldiers and soldiers of the so called Battalions that were earlier tasked to go and occupy Bazza.
  The soldiers regrouped as early as 0500hrs at Askira/Uba for the purpose of going to recapture the bridge but by then the BHT had already crossed with their equipment and were advancing to go and capture Askira/Uba and Mubi. The soldiers exchanged fire with them and based on the fact that they withdrew earlier for lack of ammunition from Bazza , the were still not replenish as at the time BHT attacked so it was only the APCs that were engaging them. When the APCs could no longer hold them, they withdrew to Pella Junction in Hong local Government.
All the commanding officers have been in detention ever since and the troops were withdrawn to Jos except Task Force Mike which was left in Yola to assist in the movement of combat supplies. But there is a signal that all soldiers involved in the operation should be dismissed and there are 5 battalions (213, 234,116 Task Force Mike and Army Headquarters Special forceas team A) . Though the soldiers have been released to go back to their units , this is a plan to decentralise them so that their units will dismiss them in smaller numbers to avoid anyone raising eye brow .The order is to be effected before the 10 January. There was no time this soldiers refuse to fight . They only withdraw when the come under superior fire power. Their numbers are not up to 5 battalions as required by ORBAT ,the equipment  provided to them is not up to what a company should have but the army wants to dismiss men who have served it in the best way the can. There was never a time the military had conducted an investigation on the conduct of this soldiers but they are fast to condemn them even for it failure. If u provide the battalions with the requirements to fight then you have every right to crucify them when they fail. Mubi is not the first town to be captured by the insurgence but because it is the home town of the CDS every resources was deployed to recapture it. The battalions deployed there are not the first to lose ground but they army is ready to sacrifice this number of soldiers and officers because of one man.

Thanks for this insight; instead of them to sack that man that gave wrong advice, they are sacking men who risked their lives to carry out a plan that could never succeed. Looks like its the Army loosing the battles not that Boko Haram is winning.

1 Like

Re: 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 10:47am On Jan 17, 2015
manutdadex:
dude actually u need d common sense app am codin... Soldiers are like pawns in chess...they av little power in d game of chess, they get sacrificed d most...and they dont complain...as soldiers u dont need an amourd vehicle to accompany u to war..all u need is a rifle and u are good to go...but our men are freakin lazy...i wonda if dem train dem...if my papa join army today...na prayer remain
It is quite appalling DAT in dis modern age,pple still tink like dis. U are d type to climb a mango tree,check if d mango is ripe and come down to start stoning d mango. The same yhu wud still want to store water Ina basket. Itz well Broz. From wot u said,asks urself why pple complain wen a player of their own team is given a red card.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose / Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion / Buhari Administration Recalls Abdulrasheed Maina, Wanted Ex-Pension Boss Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.