Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,736 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (994275 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
Hello guys, I need a lot of advice, I have been banned by the German embassy from making an appointment for my student visa application because I did not present in the day of my appointment. Which was the 30th of july. My course enrollment is 21 of september. I don't know what to do. The ban is for three weeks and from my calculation it will expire on the 20th. I have deposited my cash for financial mean in the duetschebank. I need you candid advice on whether I can still get a visa and on time for my enrollment. If I book and appointment after the ban. I would like to know when I might likely get an appointment.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ilias24: 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
Mickyboiz:
wetin dey smell, why hmm?
ich weiss nicht
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 1:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
Guess I really need advise Hello guys, I need a lot of advice, I have been banned by the german embassy from making an appointment for my student visa application because I did not present in the day of my appointment. Which was the 30th of july. My course enrollment is 21 of september. I don't know what to do. The ban is for three weeks and from my calculation it will expire on the 20th. I have deposited my cash for financial mean in the duetschebank. I need you candid advice on whether I can still get a visa and on time for my enrollment. If I book and appointment after the ban. I would like to know when I might likely get an appointment
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
oligee:
Wow! I just got a news that CBN has directed all banks to stop receiving foreign currency deposits into domiciliary accounts. Its a temporary directive though. Implication; we are all confined to using Form A to fund blocked accounts, even if u can afford buying euro at black market.

Sorry for these really noob questions but google isn't helping and the 480 pages of part 1 is quite a lot.

So please,

1. what exactly is this "Form A"?

"Form A vs domiciliary account", "Form A" etc. isn't helping on google.

2. is the usefulness of this "Form A" exclusive to Fidelity and Union bank headquarters?

These are the only two banks mentioned on this forum (that I can remember) that seem to be successful with "Form A" transactions.

3. why do you bother buying euro from the black market when you can get it in the bank at rates similar to those given on google, e.g. 223.58 per euro @ GTB on Thursday (or close) last week or so?

4. why "Form A" and not a domiciliary account (ignore the new CBN time-dependent policy)?

I keep seeing something about an added "200K" for the fund transfer via dom. accounts but I don't know where that amount is supposed to be from especially given this.

Thanks to anyone that answers.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
owuzo:

Hello justwise, pls i need info for someone apply to a german school for Bsc, is there an alternative to IELTS? he has 100l transcript. Is IELTS a must. thanks

If you really really wants to study in Germany then get IELTS done and aim at 6.0 and above score, it will make things a lot easier for you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
owuzo:

Hello justwise, pls i need info for someone apply to a german school for Bsc, is there an alternative to IELTS? he has 100l transcript. Is IELTS a must. thanks
IELTS is not a must. TOEFL is an alternative, likewise living/learning in an English speaking country (Nigeria).
However, this is school-dependent and some schools do not accept certain proof(s).

It's advisable to write IELTS and get a good grade as this will increase your prospects (I'm yet to come across a school that doesn't accept IELTS).
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nathan2222:
Sorry for these really noob questions but google isn't helping and the 480 pages of part 1 is quite a lot.

So please,

1. what exactly is this "Form A"?
"Form A" is a form used by banks to enable costumers transfer money abroad for educational purposes. Using this form, a bank can buy forex on the customers behalf at the interbank market - which is a lot cheaper than the black market.

2. is the usefulness of this "Form A" exclusive to Fidelity and Union bank headquarters?
No. People on this thread have also been successful with GTB and Access. I'm yet to perform the transaction but my branch manager (Sterling) says it's doable (Will likely end up using Fidelity as that is my active account).

3. why do you bother buying euro from the black market when you can get it in the bank at rates similar to those given on google, e.g. 223.58 per euro @ GTB on Thursday (or close) last week or so?
Did you actually buy the Euro from GTB? Or someone told you he/she did? Or you simply believe you can? Please get to your bank on Monday and confirm the veracity of your claim.

4. why "Form A" and not a domiciliary account (ignore the new CBN time-dependent policy)?
Because it's cheaper (see no. 3 above).

I keep seeing something about an added "200K" for the fund transfer via dom. accounts but I don't know where that amount is supposed to be from especially given this.
Calculate the naira equivalent of €8040 using the black market rate and the interbank rate. The difference is about 200k. So except you have any other means of getting Euros to fund your dorm account other than the black market (by all means share), or the 200k wouldn't mean much to you, form A should be your ultimate choice.

Thanks to anyone that answers.
Bitte schön

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
Eke40seven:

If the term "greener" is taken literarily then you may be correct because Oldenburg have a lot of farmlands and nature but if you mean "greener" in terms of hustle, then I doubt you have done a thorough research on this.
A lot of fighting going on...make the blood no stain my cloth sha!
Lolzzzzz, Coming from an oracle like ekeson, I CONCUR!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
justwise:

If you really really wants to study in Germany then get IELTS done and aim at 80 and above score, it will make things a lot easier for you

Bro, I guess you meant TOEFL iBT. IELTS scores applicants on a band with a maximum band of 9 (i think). TOEFL iBT has a maximum score of 120

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
@Nathan2222
Form A is used to pay for any official bills abroad ..,so far you have documents backing it up..e.g school fees,hospital bills, accommodations.

The Form A is a kind of regulatory parameter from CBN.

Traditionally the money is meant to be paid directly to the official account of the receiving party(school,hospital or hotels).

We are having issues with many banks because we are paying directly to our personal accounts abroad and that we shall still have access to the money eventually when we get abroad.

So most of the banks are not familiar with paying into personal accounts.

Few of the banks has flexible policy/think outside the box and with all the necessary documents they do process the Form A for us.......

These are my personal conclusions from critical analysis of banks within Ibadan metropolis.

NB
German class will soon be commencing at the Department of Foreign Languages, University of Ibadan...let's relate if you are interested

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
It only works on BlackBerry 10-Smartphone the others won't work.
lakesidepapa:

Chief, May the lord continue to bless u for the good work u're doing. Pls the app have no way to download on my phone(Bold6), I have tried it several times but still d same thing, pls how can u help me u out ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 3:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
ogagaejay:
Hello guys, I need a lot of advice, I have been banned by the German embassy from making an appointment for my student visa application because I did not present in the day of my appointment. Which was the 30th of july. My course enrollment is 21 of september. I don't know what to do. The ban is for three weeks and from my calculation it will expire on the 20th. I have deposited my cash for financial mean in the duetschebank. I need you candid advice on whether I can still get a visa and on time for my enrollment. If I book and appointment after the ban. I would like to know when I might likely get an appointment.

Hello. From the recent trends on this thread, those people that have booked for an interview in the past two weeks have had a delay in receiving interview dates due to the fact that there are no available appointments. A person mentioned here that on some particular dates in August extra VOs will be deployed to the embassy just to handle the large crowd. So I guess we really can't say how soon your appointment may be after booking.

I'm unhappy to hear that you missed your appointment, but I am also a bit angry at you for doing so. These appointments are highly sought after, and so should be treated preciously. My appointment was also on the 30th and I had arrived the embassy by 5am: some other people were there by 6 and we all were coming from different distant locations(I was planning to sleep at the embassy after discussing with some of the hustlers around there, but an uncle then took it up to ensure that I will be there early). Anyways, I don't know your reasons for not showing up, and I am sorry about that.

I advice that you wait for the ban to be lifted and book immediately after (that is the only choice you have with the embassy at the moment). Is 21st September the final enrolment date for your uni? If not, can you ask for an extension? Can you enrol for the summer semester? I hope it all works out well.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 3:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
Sorry for the use of harsh word.
twinkle1:
@De29ja well it looks like you think I discredited your help.. Honestly I would never do that .. Tho u insulted me.. I'm sorry if that post I made to that guy made u feel that way.. I know you have good intentions as well.

Cheers...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
De29ja:
Sorry for the use of harsh word.

It's alright.. We cool like that..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Bro, I guess you meant TOEFL iBT. IELTS scores applicants on a band with a maximum band of 9 (i think). TOEFL iBT has a maximum score of 120

Thanks for pointed out that mistake.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
owuzo:

justwise:

If you really really wants to study in Germany then get IELTS done and aim at 6.0 and above score, it will make things a lot easier for you

Alternatively go through this website, https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/ pick a school that offers your course then see their English language requirement

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
Williamso:

Did you actually buy the Euro from GTB? Or someone told you he/she did? Or you simply believe you can? Please get to your bank on Monday and confirm the veracity of your claim.

I got it from this post ...
pompido:
Hello House,

Still on using Form A to transfer to our Blocked Accounts, I used GTB (Ademola Adetokunbo Branch, VI, Lagos) because it is the closest branch to my office. Following all the steps earlier stated by forum members, I went with all the documentation stated and filled the Form A (Please note that a little bit of patience is required in getting the right person to talk to as 80% of the banking staff would tell you it can not be done).

I was told that the request would be uploaded into their system and forwarded to my original branch for the actual processing. This was done 2 days later as my account officer called me to clear some issues. I filled for 8100 to be transferred to my blocked account but they maintained that they could only transfer 8040 as stated in the account details sent by DB. This is despite the fact that DB said they would be charging 50euros and that should be noted and my adding the financial breakdown of expenses document my school sent with the admission letter. They maintained that CBN said they will not be paying the DB charges and any unaccounted amount (10euros remaining). So far the 8040 goes through, then let them proceed.

I got debited N1,778,813.82 at first and then I called to request for a quick copy of the Telex copy so as to use it during my interview. That was when I was told that the debiting was just to bid for Euro at CBN, once that is successful, i would get credited with the same amount before the total amount for the entire transaction would be debited.

Yesterday, I got credited with the N1,778,813.82 and just this morning a total amount of N1,793,152.52 was deducted. Below is a snippet of the notification.

Transaction Notification

Account Number : ********91
Transaction Location : 635 AKIN ADESOLA
Description : FX PURCHASE (SPOT)
Amount : 1,793,249.64
Value Date : 27-Jul-2015
Remarks : EUR SALE AA2421146 EUR8040@199.50/1.1180
Time of Transaction : 7:22 PM
Document Number : 15022116

I am yet to get a breakdown or the Telex copy but from my calculations, the rates are as follows:

8040euros @ 221.2455 = N1,778,813.82

0.5% of amount transferred (N1,778,813.82) = N8,894
5% of 0.5% = N444.70
Telex cost = N5,000

Total Charges = N14,338.7

Total Amount deducted = N1,778,813.82 + N14,338.7
= N1,793,249.64

The only challenge that may come up here is the fact that GTB insisted on my using a Current account! So please take note!

I am only being this granular with my experience so that we all can learn as it applies to us.

I simply followed the same experiences and methods stated on this forum by a member.

Please ask for clarifications and I will try to expatiate but I am sure the bosses would do better justice.

-------------------------

Okay people, I think I was too forward with my initial calculations because GTB just debited my account for the telex charges, 0.5% and the Vat.

This clearly shows that the actual rate applied is 1 euro = N 223.0289

Guess it is still a fair rate.

... but reading through it again, it seems I might have mixed up some details.

... form A should be your ultimate choice.

In that case, can you please help me list the requirements?
It seems they need an NYSC certificate or something like that.

Thanks, @aibee01 too.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
Good day everyone,
please I want to know if swapping of schools is doable in Germany let's say for example,

"Someone got admitted to university of freigburg in electrical engineering after spending one year or more,  The person decides to switch to university of cologne in mechanical engineering.

Note: different locations and course but the courses are under engineering.

My reasons; I planned to apply for electrical engineering and information technology in Hochschule Ravensburg-weingarten in this summer opening then maybe after a year or more as the case maybe, I can now move to my field course in mechanical engineering maybe different state since I couldn't find a mechanical engineering summer admission openings. It's a Bsc program

Please is this kind of thing possible? 

oga justwise, eke40seven, dolpaz, obinwann , De29ja and all people who has been helpful in this thread. I see una!!! More blessings.
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
If you are in Germany, you should find out from your school and from the school you are going to. From what I know, ECTS is transferable.
isidollarboy:
Good day everyone,
please I want to know if swapping of schools is doable in Germany let's say for example,

"Someone got admitted to university of freigburg in electrical engineering after spending one year or more,  The person decides to switch to university of cologne in mechanical engineering.

My reasons; I planned to apply for electrical engineering and information technology in Hochschule Ravensburg-weingarten in this summer opening then maybe after a year or more as the case maybe, I can now move to my field course in mechanical engineering maybe different state since I couldn't find a mechanical engineering summer admission openings. It's a Bsc program

oga justwise, eke40seven, dolpaz, obinwann , De29ja and all people who has been helpful in this thread. I see una!!! More blessings.
Thanks

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nathan2222:

I got it from this post ...

... but reading through it again, it seems I might have mixed up some details.

In that case, can you please help me list the requirements?
It seems they need an NYSC certificate or something like that.

Thanks, @aibee01 too.

Different banks, different requirements. Some banks even ask for a letter from the prospective school stating how much should be paid. I'd advise you go to your bank of intent and make specific inquiries.

Generally, you should need: Admission letter, copy of passport data page, the letter sent from db confirming your account opening, O level cert/statement (for undergraduate), degree cert/statement and NYSC cert (for post graduate).

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by blessingayokunl: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
[quote author=aibee01 post=36500433]@Nathan2222
Form A is used to pay for any official bills abroad ..,so far you have documents backing it up..e.g school fees,hospital bills, accommodations.

The Form A is a kind of regulatory parameter from CBN.

Traditionally the money is meant to be paid directly to the official account of the receiving party(school,hospital or hotels).

We are having issues with many banks because we are paying directly to our personal accounts abroad and that we shall still have access to the money eventually when we get abroad.

So most of the banks are not familiar with paying into personal accounts.

Few of the banks has flexible policy/think outside the box and with all the necessary documents they do process the Form A for us.......

These are my personal conclusions from critical analysis of banks within Ibadan metropolis.

NB
German class will soon be commencing at the Department of Foreign Languages, University of Ibadan...let's relate if you are interested[ Pls am interested,when will it be commencing.My email is blessingayokunle@gmail.com
]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 5:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
isidollarboy:
Good day everyone,

Thanks

If I were you, I will just "bone" this summer semester and start preparing for 2016 winter semester in order to have a wide coast of schools that offer or is offering your lovely course to choose from. Next winter semester might seem too far, but going by some preparation you will still need to undergo: like gathering together all your documents, IELTS exam if you have not done it, organise your block account money or sponsorship,starting a German class if you are living around Lagos and so on. Before you put all these things together, winter is here. I'm suggesting this because during winter, you will have some schools to choose from unlike during summer which place all your eggs in one basket. Moreover, that course like I have said before on this platform will have a lot of competition. The school needs just 30 places(students) for the course and the school is not under uni-assist which will surely increase the number of applicants (talking from Manheimm experience even during winter). Also, this is the only school that will come up when you look up for summer admission in the departments of Engineering and ICT without German language requirement. I am not been pessimistic but I think the money you will spend on it can be channeled to next winter semester which is more feasible than this and at the same time cure the issue of changing school after your first year in Germany. This is my opinion and it is also an advise. Shalom

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 6:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
Williamso:

"Form A" is a form used by banks to enable costumers transfer money abroad for educational purposes. Using this form, a bank can buy forex on the customers behalf at the interbank market - which is a lot cheaper than the black market.

No. People on this thread have also been successful with GTB and Access. I'm yet to perform the transaction but my branch manager (Sterling) says it's doable (Will likely end up using Fidelity as that is my active account).

Because it's cheaper (see no. 3 above).

Calculate the naira equivalent of €8040 using the black market rate and the interbank rate. The difference is about 200k. So except you have any other means of getting Euros to fund your dorm account other than the black market (by all means share), or the 200k wouldn't mean much to you, form A should be your ultimate choice.

Bitte schön
Great response! @ Nathan I hope u are cleared now?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
Yea it is very 100% Possible you can change / swap [quote author=isidollarboy post=36502176]Good day everyone,

Thanks

[quote]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 7:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
honourableseyi:

If I were you, I will just "bone" this summer semester and start preparing for 2016 winter semester in order to have a wide coast of schools that offer or is offering your lovely course to choose from. Next winter semester might seem too far, but going by some preparation you will still need to undergo: like gathering together all your documents, IELTS exam if you have not done it, organise your block account money or sponsorship,starting a German class if you are living around Lagos and so on. Before you put all these things together, winter is here. I'm suggesting this because during winter, you will have some schools to choose from unlike during summer which place all your eggs in one basket. Moreover, that course like I have said before on this platform will have a lot of competition. The school needs just 30 places(students) for the course and the school is not under uni-assist which will surely increase the number of applicants (talking from Manheimm experience even during winter). Also, this is the only school that will come up when you look up for summer admission in the departments of Engineering and ICT without German language requirement. I am not been pessimistic but I think the money you will spend on it can be channeled to next winter semester which is more feasible than this and at the same time cure the issue of changing school after your first year in Germany. This is my opinion and it is also an advise. Shalom
whalai!!! u just hit the point."time" can't imagine waiting till this time next year for winter session, (the time far small), I will be attending this A1 summer class.
Thanks for the tips , if no strong guarantee, I will stick to your advice.

Once again, thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
De29ja:
Yea it is very 100% Possible you can change / swap
ok thanks. I think there's hope.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
Williamso:

Different banks, different requirements. Some banks even ask for a letter from the prospective school stating how much should be paid. I'd advise you go to your bank of intent and make specific inquiries.

Generally, you should need: Admission letter, copy of passport data page, the letter sent from db confirming your account opening, O level cert/statement (for undergraduate), degree cert/statement and NYSC cert (for post graduate).

Thanks a lot.

@oligee, absolutely.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
isidollarboy:
whalai!!! u just hit the point."time" can't imagine waiting till this time next year for winter session, (the time far small), I will be attending this A1 summer class.
Thanks for the tips , if no strong guarantee, I will stick to your advice.

Once again, thank you.

You are welcome sire
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Justcul(m): 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2015
@all team Bremen,

Congrats on your admissions, i apologise not showning up for a while now (kinda busy grin).

For accomodation, some of us here have asked if i could be of assistance, hmmm... dont think its a good idea but you can try calling some of the house owners and speak with them in person (if you dont speak deutsch, you are on a long thing.... grin). you could be lucky meet someone who speaks english.http://www.wg-gesucht.de/wg-zimmer-in-Bremen.17.0.1.0.html

Check for the date of availability, then try to time your arrival in Bremen with it... After a successful conversation with house owners, call me up and I will pick it up from there..(I could help you visit the apartment and assure the person of your commitment tongue).

Good luck and best wishes on your preparation.

my 2 euros! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
Bro. What kind of a sad news is this? Why did you not attend the interview? What is your reason for not being able to make it to the interview? As it is now time is very short. Ask you school to extend the date. Wait until they lift the ban before re-applying and start praying. As it is now it's only prayer that you'll need.

ogagaejay:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mickyboiz: 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2015
ilias24:
ich weiss nicht
berrah

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (469)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.