Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995485 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 9:54am On Aug 05, 2015
Atigba:

Thanks
Your German grade is 2.8 if I'm not mistaken, some private schools might take you, also the university of applied sciences in Germany may consider your work experience as well, so just go out there and apply to about 5 schools including private schools, and believe you me your chances are high. Alles Gute.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 10:03am On Aug 05, 2015
Hello guys,
My enrollment date has been extended. The secretary has informed me that if I cannot make it before the deadline which is 25th september, I can still enroll by or before the 9th of october. This was done in the form of an email message and not a document that I can tender. I don't know whether to inform the embassy or just wait until the day of my interview and do that. Also since there is no document to this effect, I don't know how I can pass it over to the embassy. Guys, Please say something

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 10:06am On Aug 05, 2015
ogagaejay:
Hello guys,
My enrollment date has been extended. The secretary has informed me that if I cannot make it before the deadline which is 25th september, I can still enroll by or before the 9th of october. This was done in the form of an email message and not a document that I can tender. I don't know whether to inform the embassy or just wait until the day of my interview and do that. Also since there is no document to this effect, I don't know how I can pass it over to the embassy. Guys, Please say something

Mr OGAGAEJAY. The Lord just shine light for you.

Enough said.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 10:10am On Aug 05, 2015
@twinkle1 I know my brother, I have been praying. But how do I put the extension in pen and paper?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 10:23am On Aug 05, 2015
ogagaejay:
@twinkle1 I know my brother, I have been praying. But how do I put the extension in pen and paper?

See ogagaejay. You are so favoured.

Ban removal.. Granted.
Appointment request extension.. Granted
Enrolment deadline extension.. Granted.

You appointment is on the 1st of September and your new enrolment deadline is Oct 9.

Ogagaejay nowww. Why u dey worry again

After like 3 weeks you can even contact the embassy to know how far with your application.

MR OGAGAEJAY!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 11:08am On Aug 05, 2015
Your blood too dey boil. See as you dey fret like wetin I no know. Just do your interview already. I told you what to do after your interview. Simply write to them stating your enrollment deadline. The extension is for you and you only. See it as a bonus. With the information that your enrollment is due in September, the embassy should put you on express mode. In fact you should pressurise them to attend to you by that date. If it's not coming positive, you can now inform them say few days to the enrollment deadline that you have just been granted an extension to the enrollment and you will not like to miss the new date.

I hope this will help you.

For those with flight issue, I must tell you, if you no get money for Lufthansa, try others. Lufthansa is known to be expensive, luxurious and fast (if them no delay before taking off). For those from Lagos axis, you have more options. Emirates, Qatar, Etihad - luxurious but time consuming(19-35hours). AirFrance, KLM, BA, Turkish - not as luxurious as the gulf guys but way faster (Between 9-14hours). For the African airlines, my only recommendation is Ethiopian. Egypt will waste your time, Royalairmaroc - Never enter this airline, a word is enough.
ogagaejay:
Hello guys,

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 11:10am On Aug 05, 2015
Oye50:

As at today it was 220, they usually add 2 naira to the CBN rate but this night it went down to 216, the CBN rate I mean, so logically their rate shld be 218 now. It's always updated on their website and in every branch u go. After the calculations, their charges is around 14k.
I went to their headquarters at Kofo Abayomi, Victoria Island, Lagos
Thank you bro!
Did u use savings or current account?
Must I initiate d fund transfer from my branch?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 11:23am On Aug 05, 2015
adeboye1000:

Thank you bro!
Did u use savings or current account?
Must I initiate d fund transfer from my branch?
The day I went to open the account at the headquarters, I was directed to open a current account which I did. My friend here was told to open a savings. You can do it at your branch but to save you from too many explanations, their headquarters is your best bet
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2015
Daimlerbenz and twinkle1
I gbadun u,
For the changes from misfortune to fortune, it is not by my power or like I say sometimes "what must be must be" never correct. it's simply the handiwork of God. God will favour those He will favour. We all must never forget GOD. I know what I am saying.
@daimlerbenz. Thanks for the advice. I will stick to what you have said. God's grace be with you my brothers.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 11:34am On Aug 05, 2015
ogagaejay:
Daimlerbenz and twinkle1
I gbadun u,
For the changes from misfortune to fortune, it is not by my power or like I say sometimes "what must be must be" never correct. it's simply the handiwork of God. God will favour those He will favour. We all must never forget GOD. I know what I am saying.
@daimlerbenz. Thanks for the advice. I will stick to what you have said. God's grace be with you my brothers.

Bless
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 11:42am On Aug 05, 2015
Uwc
ogagaejay:
Daimlerbenz and twinkle1
I gbadun u,
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 11:46am On Aug 05, 2015
zeeblamj:

Lol well u are right about me. I love my comfort! I have hardly ever flown when I knew I had to stop somewhere. One time I had to stop at Paris with KLM. The only reason I booked it was I hadnt been to Paris then. Lol. I wanted to breathe the country's air at least. Thanks guysy. U guys have been nice.

lol...datz kul
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
this waiting for visa after interview no easy at all. i tire no be small
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello guys,
If u get easily pissed don't read this.
I be dey think within person go carry from naija enter Germany. U know say the years plenty, books, clothes laptop, what exact should one take along. Any idea?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello guys,
If u get easily pissed off don't read this.
I dey think within person go carry from naija enter Germany. U know say the years plenty, books, clothes laptop, what exact should one take along. Any idea?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello.guys...
Please I want to apply for MSc again as my first application didn't work out (just got informed) . I went thru Daad but the schools I saw didn't seem to be accepting applications now for summer even when daad claim they have summer session. I saw Rhine Wahl, university of applied sciences bremerhaven, university of Flensburg etc. Do anyone have any school currently accepting applications for summer ie March/April 2016? I want to apply.
Thanks for ur anticipated response
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
sonyville:
Hello.guys...
Please I want to apply for MSc again as my first application didn't work out (just got informed) . I went thru Daad but the schools I saw didn't seem to be accepting applications now for summer even when daad claim they have summer session. I saw Rhine Wahl, university of applied sciences bremerhaven, university of Flensburg etc. Do anyone have any school currently accepting applications for summer ie March/April 2016? I want to apply.
Thanks for ur anticipated response

I'm also searching for same information, most schools starts application in November or December for summer session.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
to find Solution to your questions, i advice u to read everything in part 1 (480 pages). you wont ask anymore, 90 percent of stuff have been treated there.

ogagaejay:
Hello guys,
If u get easily pissed off don't read this.
I dey think within person go carry from naija enter Germany. U know say the years plenty, books, clothes laptop, what exact should one take along. Any idea?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello guys, please is there anyone going for B.sc. Or B.Eng, who recently had his or her interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
blessingayokunl:
Hi guys,
Please can I process and get my visa successfully without my future place of residence been required as I have not gotten any accomodation offer
If you check the question well, they added "if known"..assuming that you may not have the exact address, however, they expect you to know the city/town and postcode. Alternatively, just give your school address/location as many of us did and are about to do.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
stevemims:
Oga boss thanks for your time always. Waiting on your reply as regards my last message.
I can't remember the question sir
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
Eke40seven:
I can't remember the question sir
Lol.. I will re-send now.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
zeeblamj:

I actually don't need a ticket. I like my airlines just fine. Somebody had talked abt prices and I was suprised at how cheap it was. With these flights u are talking abt u have to make at least one or two stops, which I am unwilling to make. I prefer to spend my money and be safe and comfortable.

Hi.

Thanks . Was not referring to you.

Anyway for you it might be safer with Lufthansa for some not. If you got the money don't mean others cou of afford it.

There are many options, 4 or 5 star airlines, but as you said only problem is transit. Usually one stop.

Lufthansa is more expensive because it's direct flight. Usually yo Frankfurt. If your destination is Berlin koln dresden, etc even with Lufthansa there would be stop in Frankfurt.

I don't see any problems with transit or one stop if you are not in a hurry or a business travelers. We be student and need this funds. Why paying 500 or 1000 dollars extra for that short convenience.

Some nice ones also with stops and it's save and way cheaper. 2-5 hours stops not a bad idea If you could save more. It doesn't make it unsafe.

Klm Turkish airways. Ethihad. qater airways. Air France. Just to mention a few

That's my take

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
skills50:
@ lmuhopeful
Thanks for ur response, i need information about charite university of medicine berlin, i heard they collaborate with free university of berlin and another university in berlin, help me with information Thanks

Sorry I am not privy to any internal info there as I am also here in Nigeria. Just read up on their requirements and try to obtain all and apply. I do know that they have a guide on their website about how to write a strong motivation letter.

Lemme see if I can find it: http://www.molecular-medicine-berlin.com/en/admission/how_to_apply/

The guide is for their masters program though, but perhaps you may begin to navigate from there.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
Neyoalao:

lemme guess you studied physics..... well am thinking of specializing in geophysics also... what course did you study in undergraduate and please what and what was requested for admission and pls what the range of CGPA used as we dey nuture gp so as to no how hard to nuture it...undergoing IT now

Nope. I studied Electrical Engineering. For admission I submitted the usual docs: Motivation letter, TOEFL, Two references, WAEC and JAMB result, University certificate, transcript. These docs are constant for most schools(except some programmes that may not require your motivation letter or your waec and jamb score).

As regards the GPA, since you are on IT, I advice you focus on scoring an A(it's 6 units I guess) and just keep a good record in final year. Many schools have a minimum GPA requirement of 2.5 or 3.0 (on the German grading scale). If you can get a higher grade then you have more chances. At the end of it all, just keep working hard: hopefully we all will be here on this forum to help you out when the time comes.

You can convert your grade with this: https://www.mspe.ei.tum.de/index.php?id=mspe_grade_converter

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
I hope my notification of Bsc result is enough for my interview because I don't have my certificate yet. Or do I included nysc discharge certificate
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
FORM A SAGA

This is to confirm to peeps in Ibadan and environs that the FORM A can be successfully processed at two (2) banks:
1) GTbank Ring-Road Branch (Ask to see the Woman in-charge of Foreign Transfer Upstairs) but you must hold a Current Account.
2) Union Bank Secretariat –Agodi Branch (ask for Mr. Femi)
Details of my Transfer.

I opened a new savings account with Union bank and transferred my fund into it. I initiated the FORM A process on Thursday 30/07/15 and my account was debited on Monday 03/08/15 at an Euro rate of #223, on Tuesday 04/08/15 I received the bank charges debit of #11,484, finally on Wednesday 05/08/15 Deutsche bank sent me the credit alert into my account…thanks to @kennyoguns for giving the link to Union bank.

GERMAN CLASS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
60 hours of lecture at a MINIMUM of 6 hours per week.
MINIMUM of Five (5) students required before the class can kick start.
The students are to decide the SCHEDULE of the class based on their convenience (SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS CAN BE INCLUDED).
There is a certificate to be awarded by the Department if the 60 hours is completed by any of the Student.
COST : # 10,500
We are two already on Ground.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Atigba: 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
kilo4sure:

Your German grade is 2.8 if I'm not mistaken, some private schools might take you, also the university of applied sciences in Germany may consider your work experience as well, so just go out there and apply to about 5 schools including private schools, and believe you me your chances are high. Alles Gute.
Thanks I appreciate

Please what is the meaning of 180 credit points?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 7:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
ogagaejay:
I hope my notification of Bsc result is enough for my interview because I don't have my certificate yet. Or do I included nysc discharge certificate

Guy, why are you asking a barrage of questions like you are a beginner. To think that you were at the embassy for your interview last week and you are still asking if your "notification of result" is sufficient! What would you have done if your interview had taken place on July 30th as planned? I saw the notification of result you were holding on July 30th and it clearly states that you have fulfilled the requirements for a BSc and it even included your grade.

So what are you still asking? Prepare all your documents and go for the interview. Take your NYSC discharge along with you as they may want to see it. If you are finally totally confused, then mail the embassy.

Your case has been resolved here severally: allow others the opportunity and space to post their queries

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
Atigba:

Thanks I appreciate

Please what is the meaning of 180 credit points?

Bro,

Every semester in European schools, you cover a workload of 30 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) meaning that in one year (two semesters) you will cover 60 ECTS. So a 180 credit point program simply implies a 3-year degree. Bachelor degrees in Germany are 3 years in length except perhaps for Medicine and some other courses with special training.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Atigba: 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Bro,

Every semester in European schools, you cover a workload of 30 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) meaning that in one year (two semesters) you will cover 60 ECTS. So a 180 credit point program simply implies a 3-year degree. Bachelor degrees in Germany are 3 years in length except perhaps for Medicine and some other courses with special training.
OK i understand now

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.