Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995582 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Greetings oooh....
Please I want to place a fresh masters application to any school in Germany.

1. Do anyone know any school still accepting applications? If no

2. Any idea of school accepting applications for summer semester (March or April) even if the language of course is german?

3. My final Cgpa is 3.30 in 5 yr cuz (mech engr), do this meet the minimum requirement to secure admission in Germany? cuz I can't still find out why Tum munich denied me admission

Please I will need your guide on this cuz even.the Daad results is confusing.
Thanks my people my people.... Congrats to u all that have already scaled thru
Zeeblamj... Oga eke40seven, imuhopeful, kilo4sure...ogagaejay.........I hail una oooo

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by skills50(m): 10:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
Thanks @iamhopeful
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 10:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
sonyville:
Greetings oooh....

2. Any idea of school accepting applications for summer semester (March or April) even if the language of course is german?

3. My final Cgpa is 3.30 in 5 yr cuz (mech engr), do this meet the minimum requirement to secure admission in Germany? cuz I can't still find out why Tum munich denied me admission

Zeeblamj... Oga eke40seven, imuhopeful, kilo4sure...ogagaejay.........I hail una oooo

3. TUM is clearly the best university in Germany in the field of Engineering. A friend that I applied to TUM with was rejected even though he also had a First Class. Getting admitted to TUM with your grade might be extremely difficult.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kissoflife: 10:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
Pls house, I have the following questions; 1) is there any German school that accepts HND for Masters in Engineering or Sciences? 2) is there any school that accept applications for summer or spring semester?
pls help, I'm planning ahead for next year
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
sonyville:
Greetings oooh....

Seriously, the best place to get your answer is through that same 'confusing DAAD website', everything you need to do to get a school offering your course is there on the site. Just streamline your search well and you'll be amaze. I'm not sure if you can get schools for the winter semester anymore and also not too many English courses are offered in the summer semester. I think you should settle down now and make a thorough search using DAAD and Google. Then confirm the application processes and deadlines. This whole process didn't start over night for most of us here. And try read through the pages of this thread as much as you can. I'm sure you'll smile at the end of the day. Bless you

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
Atigba:

Thanks I appreciate

Please what is the meaning of 180 credit points?
180 credit points is usually equivalent to 6 semesters or 3years of study.
My two onions though, Cheers.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
sonyville:
Hello.guys...
Please I want to apply for MSc again as my first application didn't work out (just got informed) . I went thru Daad but the schools I saw didn't seem to be accepting applications now for summer even when daad claim they have summer session. I saw Rhine Wahl, university of applied sciences bremerhaven, university of Flensburg etc. Do anyone have any school currently accepting applications for summer ie March/April 2016? I want to apply.
Thanks for ur anticipated response
Most appplications for summer usually begins october or November especially with schools under uniassist, what course are u applying for in flensburg and bremerhaven? and what are the other schools u've found cos I'll also apply for summer by God's grace.
You can check lasers and photonics- ruhr bochum,nuclear applications- fh aachen(they only take those with prior nuclear knowledge in summer, all other related fields are for winter) lnternational engineering design lubeck(only need 35 applicants), and many others, you have more options than I with a chemical engineering degree. Alles Gute.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 11:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
kissoflife:
Pls house, I have the following questions;
1) is there any German school that
accepts HND for Masters in Engineering or
Sciences?
2) is there any school that accept applications for summer or spring semester?

pls help, I'm planning ahead for next year

Answers
1. Even in Nigeria, no school will accept HND for Msc without PGD which makes the answer to this question "NO". The best you can get with it is Bsc.
2. Yes but complicated. But since you said you are planning of applying next year. I guess you are talking about winter semester and not summer; if it is the former, (winter semester), you will have a lot of opportunities provided you have the required documents. Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 3434tunde(m): 12:20am On Aug 06, 2015
hello zeeblamj can i get your email add or send me a blank mail on ademolababs@hotmail.com
zeeblamj:

Well I just found the thread. I hardly ever had time before. I Have to run my family and stuff. I am in Abuja for a vacation. Visiting my fam. That's y I have time. I am glad I can help.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sobakz: 12:33am On Aug 06, 2015
Pls. How many days does it take to get the confirmation from the deutsch bank after funding. I did mine on thur 30th July. Still not got any mail from them.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by xtonuns(m): 1:17am On Aug 06, 2015
Please I need to find out if the embassy collects ur international passport after the interview along with other required documents...I have seen people write that they were called to come with their international passport and 3 months insurance 2 weeks after the interview. .does it mean people go home with their international passport same day of the interview .. Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:13am On Aug 06, 2015
You know you just answered the question yourself right.

If you are asked to come back with your international passport and 3 months travel insurance it clearly means you go home with your passport after the interview.

And especially since you haven't read anywhere a person said they are going to pick their passport from the Embassy after their interview it does mean people go home woth their passport the same day of their interview.

xtonuns:
Please I need to find out if the embassy collects ur international passport after the interview along with other required documents...I have seen people write that they were called to come with their international passport and 3 months insurance 2 weeks after the interview. .does it mean people go home with their international passport same day of the interview .. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 5:15am On Aug 06, 2015
xtonuns:
a big yes. you will go home with your passport
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 5:19am On Aug 06, 2015
sobakz:
Pls. How many days does it take to get the confirmation from the deutsch bank after funding. I did mine on thur 30th July. Still not got any mail from them.
it shouldnt take more than 2 days after the transaction. the day your naira account is debited is when transaction goes through. keep your eye open and question your bank to know how far
mein zwei loffel
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kuthvic: 6:04am On Aug 06, 2015
honourableseyi:

Answers
1. Even in Nigeria, no school will accept HND for Msc without PGD which makes the answer to this question "NO". The best you can get with it is Bsc.
2. Yes but complicated. But since you said you are planning of applying next year. I guess you are talking about winter semester and not summer; if it is the former, (winter semester), you will have a lot of opportunities provided you have the required documents. Shalom

Hey NOUN Accept distinction HND 4 Masters .some other Nigerian Universities may also
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 6:15am On Aug 06, 2015
kuthvic:

Hey NOUN Accepts distinction HND 4 Masters .
shey na Germany you wan go or Noun...why can't you guys take time to read through the thread.,you just kept asking questions that has been dealt with severally....Though i have been on this 2nd part since March but the moment i got admitted around mid June i went to read the part one from the very first page to the last past.....its because of this kinda of people guys like eke47 and co don wan turn ghost followers now.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by xtonuns(m): 7:36am On Aug 06, 2015
Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 7:40am On Aug 06, 2015
Sonyville,
U should try Google, sometimes it is difficult with the daad website. Your search should be in this format. Assuming you are searching for maths. "German unis maths master degree taught in english". It is a bit tricky.
Do the search first.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Neyoalao(m): 7:49am On Aug 06, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Nope. I studied Electrical Engineering. For admission I submitted the usual docs: Motivation letter, TOEFL, Two references, WAEC and JAMB result, University certificate, transcript. These docs are constant for most schools(except some programmes that may not require your motivation letter or your waec and jamb score).

As regards the GPA, since you are on IT, I advice you focus on scoring an A(it's 6 units I guess) and just keep a good record in final year. Many schools have a minimum GPA requirement of 2.5 or 3.0 (on the German grading scale). If you can get a higher grade then you have more chances. At the end of it all, just keep working hard: hopefully we all will be here on this forum to help you out when the time comes.

You can convert your grade with this: https://www.mspe.ei.tum.de/index.php?id=mspe_grade_converter

Thanks for the enlightenment........ bros you try oh from electrical engineering to geophysics u be boss...... thank God i can come ask u how studying it be like...... cos its part of what am eyeing for masters
danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sobakz: 7:50am On Aug 06, 2015
kaypopps:
it shouldnt take more than 2 days after the transaction. the day your naira account is debited is when transaction goes through. keep your eye open and question your bank to know how far
mein zwei loffel

Thanks a lot. My acct got deducted on that thur. I don't know what's delaying them thou. Probably I should chill till nxt week before getting worried. What do you think? I'll try goin to my bank 2day.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 8:02am On Aug 06, 2015
obiWon1:

You've not been following his comments hence u didn't get what and why he wrote what you commented on... His case has now been settled.
Obiwon boss, I just sent you a PM
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 8:12am On Aug 06, 2015
number13:

3. TUM is clearly the best university in Germany in the field of Engineering. A friend that I applied to TUM with was rejected even though he also had a First Class. Getting admitted to TUM with your grade might be extremely difficult.

Not bad. You can get TUM. Focus more on your motivation letter. They also prefer related working experience abroad. As far as your cgpa meets their requirements. It would not be the only reason why you were not accepted. Especially if the course is not restricted for admission.
If they can turn down first class tells you its not just an issue of your cgpa.

Remember they also do interview

To be safe apply to more university. Have a mix. Top university. Middle and so on. Maybe two from each categories.

Regards

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kuthvic: 8:15am On Aug 06, 2015
aibee01:

shey na Germany you wan go or Noun...why can't you guys take time to read through the thread.,you just kept asking questions that has been dealt with severally....Though i have been on this 2nd part since March but the moment i got admitted around mid June i went to read the part one from the very first page to the last past.....its because of this kinda of people guys like eke47 and co don wan turn ghost followers now.

I just corrected a misconception that Even in Nigeria, no school will accept HND for Msc without PGD . Heading 2 Germany does not mean u should ignore errors in other areas when u see them .
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 06, 2015
Oye50:

Seriously, the best place to get your answer is through that same 'confusing DAAD website', everything you need to do to get a school offering your course is there on the site. Just streamline your search well and you'll be amaze. I'm not sure if you can get schools for the winter semester anymore and also not too many English courses are offered in the summer semester. I think you should settle down now and make a thorough search using DAAD and Google. Then confirm the application processes and deadlines. This whole process didn't start over night for most of us here. And try read through the pages of this thread as much as you can. I'm sure you'll smile at the end of the day. Bless you
Hello Bro. So I finally did my transaction yesterday. Thank you so much for the info. Can you believe that up to the Branch manager no one was familiar with the blocked account process. Finally i asked them to call Adeola at head office and immediately she was called she asked them to scan my documents to her. Phew! undecided so i am waiting to get an alert. They refused to tell me the exchange rate though. They said the rate for Form A is always different from the one they use for other transactions.
Please how long do you think it will take before the Deutsche bank will receive this money and send the alert to me?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 06, 2015
sobakz:
Answer is 5 working days. U should contact them somehow if it takes longer
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sobakz: 8:56am On Aug 06, 2015
crowns2:

Hello Bro. So I finally did my transaction yesterday. Thank you so much for the info. Can you believe that up to the Branch manager no one was familiar with the blocked account process. Finally i asked them to call Adeola at head office and immediately she was called she asked them to scan my documents to her. Phew! undecided so i am waiting to get an alert. They refused to tell me the exchange rate though. They said the rate for Form A is always different from the one they use for other transactions.
Please how long do you think it will take before the Deutsche bank will receive this money and send the alert to me?

I did mine last thur. Still no confirmation o. Today is the 5th day. I'm hoping for the best. Mayb they jst having some delays.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sobakz: 8:58am On Aug 06, 2015
zeeblamj:

Answer is 5 working days. U should contact them somehow if it takes longer

Thanks mate wink

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2015
sobakz:

I did mine last thur. Still no confirmation o. Today is the 5th day. I'm hoping for the best. Mayb they jst having some delays.
Which bank did you use? I used Fidelity

To make money whahala to transfer it again another whahala embarassed

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sobakz: 9:03am On Aug 06, 2015
crowns2:

Which bank did you use? I used Fidelity

To make money whahala to transfer it again another whahala embarassed

Gtb at ikeja
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 06, 2015
kuthvic:

Thank you so much . I just called . they said my file is on their desk that the person in charge is not on seat till 14.00 oclock 2morrow.

Did u call again? What's d status now?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2015
Hello house, I appreciate everyone in this thread and all our ogas dem, Eke et al. There's something I really want to learn about uniassist though it's not an issue that comes up often, as regards the way they convert our Nigerian cgpa, do they do it the normal way or has anyone had an experience with them in which they used a different maximum or minimum grade for us,especially those who have dealt with them recently, I await your incisive responses. Again keep up the good work guys. Danke.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2015
sobakz:

Gtb at ikeja

please, did you use a savings or current acct? I heard from one of their branches that they can only do form A transaction via current account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.