Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997819 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
GottSeiDank:
Ich wohne in Lagos. grin but I will follow winter 2016 train to Deutschland. wink
Ah oki. Viel Glück!

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
*Observation*

I noticed that some peeps on here have said their embassy mails enter spam folder sometimes .. I guess that's yahoo mail behaviour.
Yahoo mail always looking junky and stuff..
Make Person no dey find something wey no loss
Team 2016.. Abeg try to use Gmail for ur applications and all.
Gmail hardly sends important messages to spam folder **from my experience **

I could be wrong..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
Boss0003680501:
Pls house I'm about applying for EBS business school Reutlingen university, after sending their admission office an emial and I got a reply on how to go about their admission procedures, they don't use uni-assist, and its a tutuion free university, on what I got from their admission office, lecture starts by march for summer, and lectures are taught in english, but my questions are:

Q1: is reutlingen a better place for study, work and accomodation?

Q2: do I still need to write any text of english exams since I have Waec and BSc in Finance with 2.42cgpa in Nigerian university? Cos I'm applying for bsc (second degree) and not msc?

Q3: after Q1 and Q2 have been answered, should I still apply for this school or let go?

Pls I need honest advice on this, Thanks expecting your reply.

Just something to consider. Germany doesn't fancy studying for the same degree twice, priority is given to those who haven't studied for that same degree. Some universities even impose school fee on those who have studied for the same degree. You will be considered for bsc but those with ssce will be given priority.
Another issue will be the years gap in your ssce and also since you will not be providing every relevant information concerning you educational level.
Because of these I would advice you apply for master programme. There is another issue with this too. Your cgpa is low. 2.4 used to be third class. I am aware universities in Nigeria don't accept third class
uniassist.ev made me understand that most universities accept. 2.5 and below German system,(which is 2.5 and above in the Nigerian system) also when the evaluation is being done allot of Nigerian courses are removed like the general studies. This makes our cgpa to be less than what it really is. That is to say you most have above our nigeria 2.5 to be in a safe position
My advice now will be, apply for master but do as much applications as possible , also do not bother applying for the summer because you might most likely not get it. So focus on the winter 2016 and do a minimum of 10 applications.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by vowolabi(m): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
nellyb24:
Just opened an account with zenith bank hoping to fund on monday did my interview on the 11th of august.#team bremen #team marine geosciences..visa hopeful.
seriously, I thought u've funded ur account before ur interview.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
Boss0003680501:
Pls house I'm about applying for EBS business school Reutlingen university, after sending their admission office an emial and I got a reply on how to go about their admission procedures, they don't use uni-assist, and its a tutuion free university, on what I got from their admission office, lecture starts by march for summer, and lectures are taught in english, but my questions are:

Q1: is reutlingen a better place for study, work and accomodation?

Q2: do I still need to write any text of english exams since I have Waec and BSc in Finance with 2.42cgpa in Nigerian university? Cos I'm applying for bsc (second degree) and not msc?

Q3: after Q1 and Q2 have been answered, should I still apply for this school or let go?

Pls I need honest advice on this, Thanks expecting your reply.

Concerning the English test, you don't need it. Even if the university says you do, don't listen. I don't know why guys here are insisting you get it . Just get a letter from your school stating that your course was done in english.
The university I got admitted made it emphatically clear that I most provide one of the English test. I did not, I only provided a letter of english proficiency from my university signed and stamp. And I got admitted

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2015
ogagaejay:

Concerning the English test, you don't need it. Even if the university says you do, don't listen. I don't know why guys here are insisting you get it . Just get a letter from your school stating that your course was done in english.
The university I got admitted made it emphatically clear that I most provide one of the English test. I did not, I only provided a letter of english proficiency from my university signed and stamp. And I got admitted

For the fact that your school accepted the letter of proficiency from you doesn't mean that every other school will do same. If he is going for Msc, yes that option is okay provided the school stated so but for Bsc, it is better to have it to avoid the story that touches once the school says it is compulsory. What works for Taiwo might not work for Kehinde despite the fact that they came out from the same womb and on the same day.

7 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
@Zeeblamj, thank you very much, I know were I get it wrong now, after learning the numbers, alphabet, vowels and consonants, diphthongs,years,weeks,days, I thought that I am good to go without considering the verbs,noun,prepositions, adjatives,past and present tens etc, thanks a lot,let me go back to my drawing board. ich verstehe now

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Futurewiser: 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
Who knows if this is good news or not? It was sent to my Brother this Morning.

Dear Sir,

Your visa application was received and is currently being processed by our consular staff. In order to complete the application please come to the Consulate any day during the week between 8-11 a.m. to counter six and bring along a printout of this email as well as your passport.

Sincerely yours,

Visa Section (Pol)

(Please state reference in reply)

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Lagos

15, Walter Carrington Crescent

Victoria Island, Lagos

Federal Republic of Nigeria

Tel.: +234-1-280 99 66

Fax: +49 30 1817 67232
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
ogagaejay:

Now, unless you're referring to a particular school, this is the most misleading piece I have ever seen!!! I for one am 100% sure some schools (e.g RWTHA) will not consider your application without it, even if your cgpa is 5.0

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ethelbert006: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
saluatations to the house,

My people, I know say the awaiting visa for this thread plenty, but, I would like to know if its possible to get the approval soonest. I don clocked 4 weeks already. yet no show. The auslander no gree pick my calls or reply my mail; account don fund and confirmation don arrive the same day of interview 11th this month, me think say by now the mail for don land?

abeg house is it time to start shouting? more so, enrolment deadline is 30th this month. Wetin man go do?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
Rayhut:
@Zeeblamj, thank you very much, I know were I get it wrong now, after learning the numbers, alphabet, vowels and consonants, diphthongs,years,weeks,days, I thought that I am good to go without considering the verbs,noun,prepositions, adjatives,past and present tens etc, thanks a lot,let me go back to my drawing board. ich verstehe now
Glad I could help. When learning each verb, learn how to conjugate it, and if it's akk as well... Only learn things in the present for now. After that u can move to reflective verbs...and then u can start das perfect.... For now stick to every verb u can think of. I forgot to give u an example of how the article can change depending on Wo, and Wohin...
Wohin? Ich fliege in die Türkei feminine(akk)
Wo? Ich bin in der Türkei. Feminin(Dative)
Learn Every noun with an article. Some countries have articles too... Good luck to u!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
Williamso:

Now, unless you're referring to a particular school, this is the most misleading piece I have ever seen!!! I for one am 100% sure some schools (e.g RWTHA) will not consider your application without it, even if your cgpa is 5.0
You can say what you like, just to calm your nerves and let you know that I am certain, I was directed all through by a staff in Bremen, my uncles's neighbour in germany. He has said this just as I did, but honourableseyi pointed out that this may not be true for bsc and I agree. My brother it is not misleading.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
submission[/b]
ogagaejay:

Just something to consider. Germany doesn't fancy studying for the same degree twice, priority is given to those who haven't studied for that same degree. Some universities even impose school fee on those who have studied for the same degree. You will be considered for bsc but those with ssce will be given priority.
Another issue will be the years gap in your ssce and also since you will not be providing every relevant information concerning you educational level.
Because of these I would advice you apply for master programme. There is another issue with this too. Your cgpa is low. 2.4 used to be third class. I am aware universities in Nigeria don't accept third class
uniassist.ev made me understand that most universities accept. 2.5 and below German system,(which is 2.5 and above in the Nigerian system) also when the evaluation is being done allot of Nigerian courses are removed like the general studies. This makes our cgpa to be less than what it really is. That is to say you most have above our nigeria 2.5 to be in a safe position
My advice now will be, apply for master but do as much applications as possible , also do not bother applying for the summer because you might most likely not get it. So focus on the winter 2016 and do a minimum of 10 applications.

I'm sorry for quoting you for the second time brother. But I disagree with some of your submissions here. There is nothing like German don't fancy someone planning to go for another Bsc in the same course as far as I am concerned. I have seen people that have gotten admission with 2nd Bsc and I haven't seen anyone that was denied admission because he or she is going for second Bsc program. If he is into Business or management course, there are a lot of schools offering that course for this summer semester 2015 at Bsc level, infact I have helped a friend compiled the list of about 8 schools with websites for this summer semester. Concluding that he can't get it this summer is not totally true. Though Engineering and ICT courses case is quite different. If he has made up his mind to apply for Bsc, no German rule will stop him once he has the requirements. He can also apply for both Bsc and Msc depending on his financial strength. He has better shot in Bsc than Msc going by his grade. #IMO. Shalom

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by vowolabi(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ethelbert006:
saluatations to the house,

My people, I know say the awaiting visa for this thread plenty, but, I would like to know if its possible to get the approval soonest. I don clocked 4 weeks already. yet no show. The auslander no gree pick my calls or reply my mail; account don fund and confirmation don arrive the same day of interview 11th this month, me think say by now the mail for don land?

abeg house is it time to start shouting? more so, enrolment deadline is 30th this month. Wetin man go do?
No be only you, bro. This waiting is killing
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
ogagaejay:

You can say what you like, just to calm your nerves and let you know that I am certain, I was directed all through by a staff in Bremen, my uncles's neighbour in germany. He has said this just as I did, but honourableseyi pointed out that this may not be true for bsc and I agree. My brother it is not misleading.
Your example to base for all schools in Germany is based on what a staff in Bremen told you? Or you do not know that the example I gave (RWTHA) is in NRW? Guy I'm not talking based on hearsay. I applied for MSc, and I did not write any test. Though I got some admissions, I know how many I missed because of lack of TOEFL/IELTS even when I had a proficiency letter from my school. AND RWTHAACHEN IS ONE OF THEM. So please don't say what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
vowolabi:
No be only you, bro. This waiting is killing
Are u sure that u both have the correct email address or phone numbers from ur aliens office? It usually takes 3 days for them to reply mails sometimes but they answer the phone if u call at the right time.... I know how waiting can be at times... Keep calling them... Or check that u have the numbers or email address correct. Call the embassy or mail them as well to inquire about the status of ur visa. No harm in that.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
@ogagaejay, in case you choose to quote me again, find attached a correspondence I had with OGVU, I hope you know that English is our official language in Nigeria, but we are not native speakers.

And this is just one of the many universities I can show you.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pauluche: 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
@ Boss0003680501
I suggest you take out time to read this thread thoroughly. This issue has been answered in the past. Most German schools Don't accept waec/neco for admission into B. Sc.
Well I think I read where it was stated that you can apply using your 100 transcript but I guest it might be a little complicated since you have completed your studies. Not withstanding that is perhaps except you want to consolidate on your waec with the German equivalent for admission to B. Sc. can't really recall what it is called now. Again please do yourself a favour by reading through the thread.
danke schön

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
ogagaejay:

This your comment is seriously demoralising. How can you choose to make a very hasty generalisation about this issue just because of "a staff at Bremen". Is Bremen Munich? Is Bremen Aachen? Is Bremen Stuttgart? No. As should already be clear to someone like you who has passed thru the whole application process, every university has different requirements and even departments within the same university many times have different requirements. Logically you shouldn't come here to generalise crap like this.

I just hope that the guy you are advising would return to read HonorableSeyi's and Williamso's comments

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
what day/date was his interview? two things will happen
1. Rejection (i pray that doesnt happen)
2. Prepare to answer more questions or written exam
Futurewiser:
Who knows if this is good news or not? It was sent to my Brother this Morning.

Dear Sir,

Your visa application was received and is currently being processed by our consular staff. In order to complete the application please come to the Consulate any day during the week between 8-11 a.m. to counter six and bring along a printout of this email as well as your passport.

Sincerely yours,

Visa Section (Pol)

(Please state reference in reply)

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Lagos

15, Walter Carrington Crescent

Victoria Island, Lagos

Federal Republic of Nigeria

Tel.: +234-1-280 99 66

Fax: +49 30 1817 67232

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Futurewiser: 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2015
lamingo:
what day/date was his interview? two things will happen
1. Rejection (i pray that doesnt happen)
2. Prepare to answer more questions or written exam

It was on Tuesday he did the interview.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
I hope emailing the embassy won't look as though the applicant is desperate? The other guy said he had his interview and confirmation from DB on the 11th of last month which is not up to a month.
Zeeblamj01:

Are u sure that u both have the correct email address or phone numbers from ur aliens office? It usually takes 3 days for them to reply mails sometimes but they answer the phone if u call at the right time.... I know how waiting can be at times... Keep calling them... Or check that u have the numbers or email address correct. Call the embassy or mail them as well to inquire about the status of ur visa. No harm in that.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
victz:
I hope emailing the embassy won't look as though the applicant is desperate? The other guy said he had his interview and confirmation from DB on the 11th of last month which is not up to a month.
it should be over in 3 weeks, if it isnt, wait another week and then mail them... I don't think there's anything desperate in that. But if the deadline for his enrollment is still a month away he can relax a bit.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
Pauluche:
@ Boss0003680501
I suggest you take out time to read this thread thoroughly. This issue has been answered in the past. Most German schools Don't accept waec/neco for admission into B. Sc.
Well I think I read where it was stated that you can apply using your 100 transcript but I guest it might be a little complicated since you have completed your studies. Not withstanding that is perhaps except you want to consolidate on your waec with the German equivalent for admission to B. Sc. can't really recall what it is called now. Again please do yourself a favour by reading through the thread.
danke schön

His complete Bsc transcripts couple with other documents required by the school are enough. He already has Bsc, so applying with WAEC and NECO is not into play here.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
lmuhopeful:

This your comment is seriously demoralising. How can you choose to make a very hasty generalisation about this issue just because of "a staff at Bremen". Is Bremen Munich? Is Bremen Aachen? Is Bremen Stuttgart? No. As should already be clear to someone like you who has passed thru the whole application process, every university has different requirements and even departments within the same university many times have different requirements. Logically you shouldn't come here to generalise crap like this.

I just hope that the guy you are advising would return to read HonorableSeyi's and Williamso's comments
This person is a part of the academic system and he has said that English proficiency letter from a student of an English speaking country that is course was done in english is as good as any English test anywhere in German for any university. It might not be stated that way in some of the universities' website
That was my point before williamso, stated saying things he is not sure of. When people make comment, they might be sure, and I was sure I was not misleading anyone
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
Williamso:
@ogagaejay, in case you choose to quote me again, find attached a correspondence I had with OGVU, I hope you know that English is our official language in Nigeria, but we are not native speakers.

And this is just one of the many universities I can show you.
Williamso, u disappoint me, for your information nigeria is an English speaking country and is considered a native speaker of English everywhere in the world, do your research.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 5:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
ogagaejay:

This person is a part of the academic system and he has said that English proficiency letter from a student of an English speaking country that is course was done in english is as good as any English test anywhere in German for any university. It might not be stated that way in some of the universities' website
That was my point before williamso, stated saying things he is not sure of. When people make comment, they might be sure, and I was sure I was not misleading anyone
Dude!!! YOU ARE AN AWARD WINNING MISLEADER!!!
You clearly wrote, and I quote: "Concerning the English test, you don't need it. Even if the university says you do, don't listen" and in my first reply, I clearly stated that "unless you're referring to a particular school" because your assertion is not true for all schools. Now instead of you to either explain you were referring to a particular school, you go ahead to write that I am posting comments I am not sure of? Even after seeing the correspondence I posted above? ARE YOU MIND-BLOWINGLY SERIOUS? shocked

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
ogagaejay:

Williamso, u disappoint me, for your information nigeria is an English speaking country and is considered a native speaker of English everywhere in the world, do your research.
With this post, you just confirmed it. I shouldn't be replying you. Sorry for all the mentions.

My ancestors must be turning in their graves on learning I'm now a native English speaker cheesy

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
Williamso:

Your example to base for all schools in Germany is based on what a staff in Bremen told you? Or you do not know that the example I gave (RWTHA) is in NRW? Guy I'm not talking based on hearsay. I applied for MSc, and I did not write any test. Though I got some admissions, I know how many I missed because of lack of TOEFL/IELTS even when I had a proficiency letter from my school. AND RWTHAACHEN IS ONE OF THEM. So please don't say what you don't know.
Please take a look

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
That Nigeria is an English speaking country is not a guarantee that all universities in Germany will accept letter of proficiency from the school where he graduated from. Some schools like Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München does not accept any other English proficiency letter/certificates apart from IELTS and TOEFEL. Nigeria is not considered among native speakers of English language. The native speakers are Britain, Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia.

ogagaejay:

Willoamso, u disappoint me, for your information nigeria is an English speaking country.

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
ogagaejay:

Abeg make una allow this thing slide joooo. The official language of Nigeria is English but Nigeria has never been classified as an English speaking country as of today, may be it will change tomorrow sha.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
victz:
That Nigeria is an English speaking country is not a guarantee that all universities in Germany will accept letter of proficiency from the school where he graduated from. Some schools like Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München does not accept any other English proficiency letter/certificates apart from IELTS and TOEFEL. Nigeria is not considered among native speakers of English language. The native speakers are Britain, Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia.
Nigeria is a native English country oh! I have confirmed it. We're all descendants of Henry VIII!!!

Cc honourableseyi
It was declared yesterday by Her Majesty the Queen! cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.