Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,954 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (994295 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 9:18am On Sep 03, 2015
emmanuellaiyke:
Everyone is talking about form A transfer and the banks here in Ikeja are telling me that I can't use a form A.Please what branches are you people using and please how long before the confirmation from DB that they v received the money?
And my name is Emmanuella Iyke and I Am A GIRL.Everyone here is referring to me as "he".

Now this is where you need strict guidance..
Form A really stressed a lot of people out but they eventually did it.

Kciano and lmuhopeful did theirs successfully almost with no stress you might want to ask them for full guidance.
Those are the two on here that I know personally and pulled it through without much stress.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 9:20am On Sep 03, 2015
Good morning pls must ur insurance letter carry the date on ur flight ticket ? I was meant to understand that the date u put on ur travel insurance would be stamped on ur visa ....As in assuming u intend travelling on 5th September but ur insurance letter is starting from 1st September to November 29th.

zeeblamj:

Hello to u. If u are going from abuja (don't know about Lagos), u might encounter some issues. Do urself a favor. Carry every single document u can think of cause they will look for something to ask for five thousand-ten thousand Naira for. They might ask for admission letter of u say it's a national visa. Infact print all mails from the school, and German Consulate as well as ur insurance and whatever. The guys in Nigeria tend to embarass first time travelers so they can extort money from them. When they don't have any document to ask for, they can't ask u for nothing.

In Germany u will have no such problem. Just walk up to them, give ur passport, they may ask u a few questions and stuff but not unecessary things. Only in France people get embarrassed by d police and immigration at the airport on the first time. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 03, 2015
kciano:
Good morning pls must ur insurance letter carry the date on ur flight ticket ? I was meant to understand that the date u put on ur travel insurance would be stamped on ur visa ....As in assuming u intend travelling on 5th September but ur insurance letter is starting from 1st September to November 29th.

No it mustn't. your flight schedule is what corresponds with what they stamp on ur visa. As long at the date on the insurance covers 3 months in the end, it doesn't matter.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 9:28am On Sep 03, 2015
emmanuellaiyke:
Everyone is talking about form A transfer and the banks here in Ikeja are telling me that I can't use a form A.Please what branches are you people using and please how long before the confirmation from DB that they v received the money?
And my name is Emmanuella Iyke and I Am A GIRL.Everyone here is referring to me as "he".

Locate the head office of the bank in question . Not all banks processes it though , but some like ZENITH, FIDELITY, UNION, STERLING and GTB can be used according to feedbacks from people on this thread

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 9:33am On Sep 03, 2015
emmanuellaiyke:

many people hv funded their account through form A...sterling bank , zenith bank , union bank have be ascertained and proven to be true ..so it's ur choice to choose which ever satisfy u....for sterling bank call the head of operation for more information ...the branch is at iyani isolo ..daleko branch ...call ....08093550551

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 9:39am On Sep 03, 2015
zeeblamj:

No it mustn't. your flight schedule is what corresponds with what they stamp on ur visa. As long at the date on the insurance covers 3 months in the end, it doesn't matter.

Thanks sis...Dat means if they stamped 10th of septmeber on ur passport and u r travelling on the 20th of september...immigration officers wont embarrass the person like u earlier outlined ?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2015
kciano:

Thanks sis...Dat means if they stamped 10th of septmeber on ur passport and u r travelling on the 20th of september...immigration officers wont embarrass the person like u earlier outlined ?
They have no right to. U choose when u want to move. As long as u aren't moving before the dates on ur visa.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kingsleymike: 10:05am On Sep 03, 2015
@emmanuellaiyke This is how I did mine. Did all in one day(Tue) and received my Deutsche Bank alert in 3 days(Fri). So save yourself the stress and do same.
Set out a day(maybe today), go to Fidelity Bank HQ in VI (somehow close to the German Consulate) make sure you go with a means of identification, utility bill and 2 passport photos, open up a savings account in the banking hall, move to the international operations office and meet with Adeola. She is a nice chubby lady.
Request for a Form A, fill and submit. make sure you go with all the required documents for the Form A, including a break down of study expenses for the duration of study. It must be on a letterhead of your university and must be signed. Before you are through with Adeola you will receive alert from the bank containing your New Fidelity Acct Num. Then go and fund this acct to enable them finalize the transaction.

If you cant provide the signed expenses break down list, consider using Union Bank but be sure to spend more carrying out your transaction.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emmanuellaiyke: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2015
How can I get d breakdown? And again...Tot it's supposed to be a domiciliary account?
kingsleymike:
@emmanuellaiyke This is how I did mine. Did all in one day(Tue) and received my Deutsche Bank alert in 3 days(Fri). So save yourself the stress and do same.
Set out a day(maybe today), go to Fidelity Bank HQ in VI (somehow close to the German Consulate) make sure you go with a means of identification, utility bill and 2 passport photos, open up a savings account in the banking hall, move to the international operations office and meet with Adeola. She is a nice chubby lady.
Request for a Form A, fill and submit. make sure you go with all the required documents for the Form A, including a break down of study expenses for the duration of study. It must be on a letterhead of your university and must be signed. Before you are through with Adeola you will receive alert from the bank containing your New Fidelity Acct Num. Then go and fund this acct to enable them finalize the transaction.

If you cant provide the signed expenses break down list, consider using Union Bank but be sure to spend more carrying out your transaction.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 11:17am On Sep 03, 2015
emmanuellaiyke:
How can I get d breakdown? And again...Tot it's supposed to be a domiciliary account?

Go to your school website, try to locate the section on living expenses..u should get the the breakdown there.

You could as well state the uni you heading to and mayb some1 has it already here.

Secondly, you are the beneficiary of the DB acct and that is what scares some banks away. Most of them are familiar with payment to ONLY the schools account so you have to be good with your explanations.

I personally explained this @ zenith bank headquaters wen they insisted it cant be done.

Also make sure you insist the purpose of payment is LIVING EXPENSES/STUDY FINANCE.

All banks can do this only what it takes is how you present your case.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by naijaobi(m): 11:30am On Sep 03, 2015
XTIANmaha:
Good evening. Pls naijaobi we need talk I need ur help. I have sent u pm but no reply. Pls let's talk

that's not true.. I replied ur pm.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kingsleymike: 11:55am On Sep 03, 2015
@emmanuelaikey I have clearly explained to you how I did mine with savings account at Fidelity bank and you are still thoughting? Ok Na. Na u sabi.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
hello House,
congrats to everyone that collected his/her visa, I had my first interview two weeks ago and my second interview a week ago, thank God all went fine. same questions as stated here earlier, questions may differ sometimes depending on the previous answer(s) one gives. i have now join the waiting crew.
we shall get more testimonies this month.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by casper9: 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
@Obiwann. boss hw much did it cost u to send ur docs via nipost in benin city
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emmanuellaiyke: 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
Kelvinpam:

Go to your school website, try to locate the section on living expenses..u should get the the breakdown there.

You could as well state the uni you heading to and mayb some1 has it already here.

Secondly, you are the beneficiary of the DB acct and that is what scares some banks away. Most of them are familiar with payment to ONLY the schools account so you have to be good with your explanations.

I personally explained this @ zenith bank headquaters wen they insisted it cant be done.

Also make sure you insist the purpose of payment is LIVING EXPENSES/STUDY FINANCE.

All banks can do this only what it takes is how you present your case.

University of Trier....Rhineland Palatinate. That's the name of my school. Any one goin there or there already?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emmanuellaiyke: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
kingsleymike:
@emmanuelaikey I have clearly explained to you how I did mine with savings account at Fidelity bank and you are still thoughting? Ok Na. Na u sabi.
Thanks@kingsleymike.I saw Ur post d first time.jst wanted to double check cos this bank ppl are not helping matters at all. In Ecobank...I was asked to create a domiciliary account
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
And I was at the embassy to collect the visa today. I got there by 8 and was asked to enter for submission but return by 12 for collection. Little by little, 12 turned into 2 grin . But finally it has been stamped. Thanks to you all once more.

P.S. I didnt see any NLer today or perhaps coz I didn't really talk much to people inside the embassy today.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
emmanuellaiyke:
University of Trier....Rhineland Palatinate. That's the name of my school. Any one goin there or there already?

Here is the breakdown. Print and head to the bank.

https://www.uni-trier.de/index.php?id=44133&L=2

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
lmuhopeful:
And I was at the embassy to collect the visa today. I got there by 8 and was asked to enter for submission but return by 12 for collection. Little by little, 12 turned into 2 grin . But finally it has been stamped. Thanks to you all once more.

P.S. I didnt see any NLer today or perhaps coz I didn't really talk much to people inside the embassy today.

Congrats ma guy!! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 4:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
lmuhopeful:

thumbs up man!!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emmanuellaiyke: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
Kelvinpam:

Here is the breakdown. Print and head to the bank.

https://www.uni-trier.de/index.php?id=44133&L=2
Thank you.I 'll head to the bank as soon as I get my acc from Deutsche Bank......Buh how do I get the signature n stamp

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
DAAD has updated their site for International degree programmes 2016. Check it out, there are some changes.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
GottSeiDank:
DAAD has updated their site for International degree programmes 2016. Check it out, there are some changes.

Wow.. You are right.. So fast

It used to be 'International Programmes in Germany 2015'
It is now 'International Programmes in Germany 2016' on their Web page.

2016 programmes already booting up...
I wish you all 2016 hopefuls success in your applications in Jesus name .

Cheers..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Futurewiser: 5:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
Has anybody used Diamond bank VISA debit card in ATMs abroad?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 6:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
Did anyone here went 4 interview today?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bosakelvin(m): 6:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
on the student visa application form it was stated thus: signature[ for minors signature of parental authority/legal guardian] just want to get it clear, am i d one to sign or?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bigzzz: 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
Only sign if you're above 18 otherwise, have your parent/guardian sign it.

bosakelvin:
on the student visa application form it was stated thus: signature[ for minors signature of parental authority/legal guardian] just want to get it clear, am i d one to sign or?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinklestar(m): 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Congrats bro

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
twinkle1:

Wow.. You are right.. So fast

It used to be 'International Programmes in Germany 2015'
It is now 'International Programmes in Germany 2016' on their Web page.

2016 programmes already booting up...
I wish you all 2016 hopefuls success in your applications in Jesus name .

Cheers..
Amen o

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompey4: 10:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
Please who is a DAAD Scholar in the house. please show yourself so that u can put us through about when to expect reply from DAAD and university applied to.

I will also like to know if a strong GPA Will increase my chances of getting the DAAD Scholarship. Thank you.

suggestions from people already in Germany will be appreciated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emydon01: 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
twinkle1:

Now this is where you need strict guidance..
Form A really stressed a lot of people out but they eventually did it.

Kciano and lmuhopeful did theirs successfully almost with no stress you might want to ask them for full guidance.
Those are the two on here that I know personally and pulled it through without much stress.

I went back to Zenith Bank head office, after much explanation about the living expenses breakdown  on the school's website with no letterhead, they accepted my Form A application on tuesday 1 sept. Since then they haven't been able to credit my db account. I've got debit and reversal alerts for two days now (yesterday@225.5 and today@223.5). I don't know what's wrong grin

Any advice house? ‎
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by skills50(m): 10:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
Still searching for a nice german university to study medicine
Need help oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (469)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.